Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,845 members, 7,909,183 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 07:13 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (527773 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2008
WETIN CONCERN US WITH STATISTICS undecided?

NA STATISTICS GREECE TAKE WIN THE LAST EURO CUP ? D'OH ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2008
Chacal

Anything can happen, i know the stats favour ManU but stats were meant to be broken/re-written, Chelsea n Arsenal still have a small ray of hope but its going to be tough.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 2:41pm On Mar 25, 2008
@ MC Omo,

You are a doofus!!!!!
Never in your life compare winning a tournament to winning a league.
Any crappy team can go into a tournament and win. . . . You don't even have to win a single game IN 90 mins to win a tournament!!!!

3 DRAWS might take a team to the 2nd round.
Draws after 90 mins leads into extra-time and then penalty shoot-outs and then WIN.
Q-finals, S/finals and final . . . .and a stupid team has just won EURO 2008 without SCORING or CONCEDING. grin grin grin

Can u fucking compare that to winning a league as tedious as the EPL.
38 games with no fucking winter break. . . .You can add distractions like International friendlies, Carling Cup, FA Cup and UCL into it.
Home and Away games in the summer, winter, autumn and spring. . . . .
Are u this ninny-ish?

@ Chuckdee4,

Y'all keep making the same mistake. . . . . How can Arsenal win this league again after what we have seen?
What about momentum? 4 draws, 1 LOSS and loads of injuries to worry about.
Sagna is out. . . Rosicky is out, all other players are tired and fatigue and despair has crept into the GAYnners camp.

Compare the spiirit of your camp to Man Utd who knows what it takes to WIN.
Experienced players like Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar etc know what to do at this time of the run-in.
Players are basking in confidence and Ronaldo wanna score 40 goals this season.
Feel the vibe? United cannot go 5 league games without a WIN at this stage. . . every Man Utd loss has resulted in back to back victories.

It is now 5 WINS after the Man City loss. . . . .
In August, United managed 8 wins after losing to Man City before Arsenal forced us to a DRAW at the Emnirates.
It seems losing to Man City brings us luck. . . .I hope we lose to em again next season.
This title has Man Utd written all over it. grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2008
@CHACAL

as usual ur logic is warped . . .U ARE A BABOON EMERITUS tongue grin

WHY DO U RECKON WITH STARS ? LET THEM PLAY WELL IN 6/7 MATCH COMPS OR LEAGUES . . .whatever it is it . . .LET THEM PERFORM ! cool

but I guess forever u are addicted to being in love with underperformers on the big stage, CRON AND ROONEY ET AL . .even Riquelme, so what I should I expect from u ? undecided

whetever its worth Karagounis, Stelios and Dellas made history for themselves by winning the last euro at the expense of a team u were supporting ? yes or no

competitions are what they are . . .be it a marathon or even sprint . . .JUST DO IT RIGHT ! cool

no wonder u still wonder why England might never make it to the top in world footie . . .what do u expect when u have mumus as refs like bENNET ? tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 3:00pm On Mar 25, 2008
@ MC Omo,

It seems Arsenal's dismal performance is beginning to affect your central nervous system
All i am saying is u don't have to be the best team to win a competition/tournament.
U cited Greece as an example. . . . Yes, Greece couldn't have been the best team in EURO 2004 but they won.

However, the best team in the league wins the title.
This is because the league pits a team against ALL THE OTHER TEAMS and u get to PLAY em TWICE.
A team that accrues the highest point after all the schitzo is SURELY the best team!!!!

No question about that!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 3:48pm On Mar 25, 2008
the best team is the one that wins a trophy be it a league or a competition cool

there is a difference between a brilliant chap and intelligent dude cool

almost always its the intelligent dude that gets the accolade . . . .COS HE DOES THE RIGHT THING AT THE RIGHT TIME TO GET THE RIGHT PRIZE cool

whats the essence of being brilliant and not getting the accolade undecided WASTE cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2008
Mc Omo:

the best team is the one that wins a trophy be it a league or a competition cool

there is a difference between a brilliant chap and intelligent dude cool

almost always its the intelligent dude that gets the accolade . . . .COS HE DOES THE RIGHT THING AT THE RIGHT TIME TO GET THE RIGHT PRIZE cool

whats the essence of being brilliant and not getting the accolade undecided WASTE cool
Man United/Fergie(intelligent) grin grin
Ass Anal/Wengay (is he really brilliant?) tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 4:52pm On Mar 25, 2008
of course you'd expect arse-in to make excuses.
i'm surprised he didn't mention the time kalou tugged sagna to twist his ankle tongue
or the other time ricardo swithed numbers to sub flamini for bartender ! grin

the arse's first team has a 32 member squad who arguably equal to 14 and that makes wengay a bloody genius !!!
his man-managing merging antics are beyond comparison !
wengay should continue with his "youngster" shitzo; i'm sure it'll definitely pay off - when they leave the club.
did flamini sign that contract yet ?

i told some arse fans to get used to going trophyless again but they wouldn't listen.
the number of are fans laying blames on wengay is totally unbelievable ! whatever happened to " Arse-in knows best "

guys, lets be our brovas' keepers; keep reality tabs on the closest arse fan you know; some of them might just come today and make a post then go commit suicide lipsrsealed
even if it's going to be a one liner, make sure you bug the arse fan you know to make a post regularly !!!

ayusman,
you are my man ! grin grin small question for you;
is the arse club more successful than chelsea how

kitaun,
whatever happened to that call tongue
i still dey wait for am o o o angry cos i know say you no go pick if i call you tongue

please GOD, make sure LOYIKA is safe o ! i can't cry cry
would "the title is far from over " include the arse seriously ?

muki,
stop taking out your frustrations on peoples' posts !!! tongue
nobody forced you to join the arse. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2008
Come to think of it.
Where is Loyika?

God please, dont make him jump off that Cliff!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 5:37pm On Mar 25, 2008
@ Loyika,

I dare him to show his UGLY FACE here.
Le Chac will KILL him with his bare hands. . . .

His slogan 4 weeks ago was: SIT BACK AND ADMIRE!!!!!!!!!
I am sure he musta changed that slogan to: SIT BACK AND CUSS WENGER!!!!!!! grin cheesy wink cheesy grin

Why do i have a feeling all Arsenal fans will suffer heart problems before they die.
The amount of heart-breaks they have suffered in the last 3 seasons can sink THE TITANIC. grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 5:46pm On Mar 25, 2008
I know i didnt just see a wormy Chav try to diss Arsenal, uve had a far worse season than we have, we have over achieved for where we are but being fans, once u see ur team in poll position u begin to expect the best.

I think Wenger's work isn't finished with these boys yet, we're still short of winning the premiership, the improvement is there for all to see. It will be very interesting to see what Wenger does over the summer, if our improvement continues at ths rate then i can't wait for next season, at the moment this season isn't over yet, even if we fall out of the title race all together we still have a shout as to where the title will go
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2008
@ chuckdee4,

He will achieve NOTHING with these lads.
Lets hope players like Hleb, Gallas and Walcott will stay @ Arsenal if u fail to land any title this season. . . .
These players know they are better than sitting in a club that has no ambition like ARSENAL.

Ashley Cole was right when he said your lads are a buncha unproven feather-weights.
Wenger needs to get his head out of his ass and blood some experienced players with his kids.
Man Utd will buy players again next season to beef up. . . .Anutha 50 million is waiting for Fergie if he wins the EPL title.

HOLY TRINITY . . . . Where ya guns @?

@ MC Omo,

Do u still think Adebayor will SCORE more goals than Ronaldo? grin grin grin
I got one word for you: KITSTRA-STUPID!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2008
A very fearful thing bout this Ass Anal team, or what Wengay has turned the team into is that established players who want to win trophies might even Avoid them, unless wenGay can convince bout 5-6 established and hungry players to come to the emirates at the same time.

Players always also look at the prospect of the teams they want to play for, they also look at the potential and calibre of players/new signings the coach will embark.

knowing wengay, this might be a tall order, this will fight against his Ego and stingy nature.

A player like Eto'o can say he wud like to play for Ass Anal cus he has won medals, individual, club and country.

Lets even hope you hang on to the 'few good men' you have now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by randa(m): 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2008
arsene wenger has done quite well as far as i am concerned, nobody is perfect, i do not support arsenal because they will win trophies or not, the passion is bigger than that, sure he made a couple of mistakes but u cannot take anything away from him, sure we could do with a larger squad but hey who even gave them a chance at the beginning of the season?, some pundits even took us outside the top four, congrats to man u and chelsea, every dog has its own day, abi?, mourinho won two straight titles and still got the boot why?, and please the way we are going about this i hope there wont be a civil war,,, guys take it easy, after all its called football, and to the arsenal fan that got stabbed while celebrating bakari sagna's goal at minna, our prayers goes out to you, pls lets lov the game, not hate ourselves
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:06pm On Mar 25, 2008
@ Imani
thanks dear wink

Wormy tongue
i see you got the post news too grin

we still believe in Wenger cool
like he said Wenger - We will not turn our focus to Europe like him i still have not given up on the title cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 7:01am On Mar 26, 2008
Bruv, get my statement before you start attacking me, I said AW took a team to the final and you're coming to give me the teamlist of the final match.
Is this the team that beat Juve, Madrid and Villareal?
Roy Keane missed the UCL final in 1999, but who is acknoledged to be the main backbone of that team?
If u're going to delve into our business, get your facts right first. Don't just start biting lines from scummers.
Bite lines from Scummies? God Forbid!! AW has succeded in hoodwinking all those Gaynners into allowing him get away with Failure. 3 seasons without a trophy? Name one club in Europe who can stand that? Is it Hleb after several years in Sttutgart that is green and Inexperienced, Lehmann inexperienced, Kolo, Gilberto, Pires, Ljungberg, Reyes after several year in Sevilla, Henry so going to specifics aside Fabregas and Senderos who are the green and Inexperienced first team starters.?

The experienced players only came back when we reached the semis.
Arsenal V Juve
Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Senderos, Flamini, Hleb, Silva, Fabregas, Pires, Henry, Reyes (Van Persie 82).
Subs Not Used: Almunia, Diaby, Bergkamp, Song Billong, Walcott, Djourou.
The only young players in the starting team are Senderos and FAbregas from the line up you gave.
Arsenal V Real Madrid
Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Senderos, Flamini, Ljungberg, Hleb (Pires 76), Silva, Fabregas (Song Billong 90), Reyes (Diaby 80), Henry.
Same here the youngsters are Senderos and Fabregas

P.S I was using the word 'youngsters' to represent green and inexperienced. When Eboue played Juve he had only had about three league matches. The whole of Europe knows that, so watchu saying?
If Wenger should buy Ronaldinho or Etoo you would call him inexperienced because he has a few games in Arsenal or the new club. Eboue has 3 years of European football before playing in Arsenal.
Torres joined Liverpool he could also be said to be inexperienced
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 7:32am On Mar 26, 2008
A report in one of Tuesday's newspapers has claimed that Arsenal players are becoming increasingly tired and frustrated with captain William Gallas. After laying into Theo Walcott, sulking on the pitch at Birmingham and delivering some poor performances, the Frenchman is allegedly losing the support of his fellow Gunners.

Earlier this month the skipper blasted young striker Theo Walcott for being "too predictable" in his style of play, telling him he was nowhere near as good as Manchester United's Wayne Rooney.

That was all followed by his crying in the opposition half at St Andrews after Birmingham snatched a late draw to begin Arsenal's current poor run of five league games without a win.

And with defeat at Chelsea on Sunday now leaving the Gunners six points off the pace in the title race, many players are pointing the finger at their French captain.

"William has not behaved the way a captain should and has lost respect among some of the players," said the representative of one of the Arsenal stars. “He went round all of them in front of the cameras before the Chelsea game trying to gee them up but some think it was a bit phoney.”

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=633969
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tkb417(m): 7:42am On Mar 26, 2008
@Dayokanu
Do you mind these cretins?
if they were still on top they will come out to say those guys have matured. . .
with the way things are going, all these Arseanal boiz will never mature.
Excuses up and down. Its as simple as ABC, Arseanal, Wengay, Supporters/Gaynners are all bunch of super mediocres
let them jump into the lagoon and die if they cant admit it.

United forever (Not newcastle o) grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 8:04am On Mar 26, 2008
Its only in Ass-anal that we have matured/Immature players.
Did Man United/Chelsea force them to sign them?
Abeg they should go and hide their head somewhere.
Like Loyinka and rasputin. I wonder if these two guys
are still alive. They are fans when things are going their way.

Until Wengay is sacked, ass-anal will only dream of that
EPL trophy, touching it? Nada.
I wish them 4th position next season if Ramos will not
wreck anoda havoc on them.

UNITED ALL THE WAY.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 8:58am On Mar 26, 2008
chuckdee4:

I know i didnt just see a wormy Chav try to diss Arsenal, uve had a far worse season than we have, we have over achieved for where we are but being fans, once u see your team in poll position u begin to expect the best.

I think Wenger's work isn't finished with these boys yet, we're still short of winning the premiership, the improvement is there for all to see. It will be very interesting to see what Wenger does over the summer, if our improvement continues at ths rate then i can't wait for next season, at the moment this season isn't over yet, even if we fall out of the title race all together we still have a shout as to where the title will go

it's quite amazing you'd come out here and say you've had a better season than us; much so, seeing that we are sitting on top of your arse !
chuck, be sincere, take another look at the EPL table; where's the arse positioned

all of a sudden you lot realize wengay's work is incomplete ? we've been drumming this into your ears all season, you just realised
all of y'all said the arse will win the league. touché ! with an incomplete work ?
did you guys actually believe the FA would let y'all win the league with an 8million pounds transfer lol
the FA would be jinxed !
bro, you have the right to sit back and take every diss this chelsea wormy is willing to honk ! grin

P.S
i thought again and it still baffles me ; how has the arse had a better season than chelsea
sitting in first position for a while to end up 5th watch out, liverpool and everton are on the arse !! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 10:49am On Mar 26, 2008
wormy angry

shut the f@ck up u cretin angry

whats d meaning of the FA not allowing us win the league cos of the transfer fee of 8 miliion pounds bros u don shack paraga dis morning tongue

the fact that we have had a terrible patch dont yet mean we havent had a better season than u chavs . . . . tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 11:30am On Mar 26, 2008
MC OMO,

you are a bloody pillock !!!
i can see the omo is getting to your brains !

the arse fell off the FA cup before us.
you went off the CC before us.
you finished 2nd in your group at the UCL competitions; we finished 1st.
you are 3rd according to the EPL table !!!!!!!!!
and to borrow your sorry arses' achievement from last season; we've played in a final already tongue you lot are yet to sniff what a final feels like in over a year !!! grin

how the fu[size=2pt].[/size]ck do you explain having a better season than us ? are you drunk again
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by RuuDie(m): 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2008
I think 4 the GUNNERS its a case of lack of depth, quality and SPUNK. . . . . .

excuse my choice of words, but that team is so full of sissies. . . . . they're far too easily bullied by a very physical side! the very second Essien set foot in that M/F, it was like all the Arsenal players went into hiding! I can help but wonder what would happen if this AW's side ever got to play Cameroon in a football match!

Its not enough to have a large squad. . . . . . but to have one thats large in quantity and quality!
Look at UTD, they do have a lot of young players in that squad, but those are quality players that can hold their own anywhere, anytime! They paid top $$$ for 'em too. . . .

Then they also g'otta have FIGHTERS, BATTLERS. . . . . its not enuff 2 have good ball jugglers. sometimes a game of football can change into a rugby contest so you need dudes who can get stuck in there whatever the cost!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by JUNIT1(m): 3:35pm On Mar 26, 2008
just because arsenal is going thru a roughy patch doen't mean that we won't come back strong, we just need to get that momentum goin again, lets start with bolton, do well against liverpool, then that momentum will be in our favour again. no shaking, soccer is not mathematica, abything can stil happen.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2008
wormedup:

MC OMO,

you are a bloody pillock !!!
i can see the omo is getting to your brains !

the arse fell off the FA cup before us.
you went off the CC before us.
you finished 2nd in your group at the UCL competitions; we finished 1st.

you are 3rd according to the EPL table !!!!!!!!!
and to borrow your sorry arses' achievement from last season; we've played in a final already tongue you lot are yet to sniff what a final feels like in over a year !!! grin

how the fu[size=2pt].[/size]ck do you explain having a better season than us ? are you drunk again

Worm man

What awards did ur team get for the highlighted achievements

In the end only the winner stands tall

Our season has been easily better than ures simply cos we have exceeded our initial expectations, no one gave us a chance in hell but we're only 6 points off still with a chance if results go our way.

Chelsea on the other hand were captioned as title hopefuls as well as FA and CC potential winners, what happened to that quad? Ur down to the last 2 of which one is not certain (CL) and the other ur chasing and hoping on results (Premiership).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Mortiple(m): 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2008
RuuDie:

I think for the GUNNERS its a case of lack of depth, quality and SPUNK. . . . . .

Its not enough to have a large squad. . . . . . but to have one thats large in quantity and quality!
Look at UTD, they do have a lot of young players in that squad, but those are quality players that can hold their own anywhere, anytime! They paid top $$$ for 'em too. . . .

TRUE TALK BRODA!
Boys and Men, though all have 'long thing' but never age mate. Boys (I mean Gunners) will always be boys!
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2008
@ Chuckdee4
may I add that, the Chavs lost to[b] BARNSLEY[/b] in the FA cup, shocked shocked shocked,

You can't blame them for saying all sorts now, since they have finally sneaked in to the race,
Let's see how the season will pan out, I tell u guys, more drama will follow in the coming weeks, tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 4:16pm On Mar 26, 2008
@ Mortiple and Ruudie
Can u guys explain what you are trying to get across,
The only team that has won anything this season is Spurs,
None of the so called big 4 would win the FA cup.(They have all been kicked out, 2 of 'em by Barnsley)
Only 2 trophies remain, and the ARSENAL is still very much in both( ask SAF, he will tell u)
So where are the boys and where are the men?
The men haven't won jack this season despite spending millions, Quit all this rubbish talk, and wait till May 2008.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2008
Don't mind mr "I pop up when United are winning" Ruudie

U guys might have the momentum but with the calibre of games to come nothing is guaranteed yet
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 4:52pm On Mar 26, 2008
chuck,

the arse's last season was successful because they played the CC final !
this season it's successful because you EXCEEDED your expectations
c'mon son, other teams are aiming to pick up a trophy; and the arse exceeds it's expectations just by sitting on top of the league for some months and then fall off some expectations !!! grin

what were your expectations when you lot were ranting the arse will win the league ?
how many of y'all acknowledged chelsea would be in contention after JM's departure ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by edijus: 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2008
notin do us we'll bounce back afterall d race aint over yet
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PoDeep(m): 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2008
Bolton - Arsenal
1 - 3
I just confirmed it with the oracle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.