Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,073 members, 7,916,132 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 04:06 PM

The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties (10777 Views)

Areas In Naija And How Their Boys Behave / How Did Spraying Money At Parties Become Part of What We Call Our Culture? / All Nigerians Look Alike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 3:48am On Sep 15, 2008
just too much is not good. depending on the food, one or two is enough. not those double type.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Morenike3(f): 4:06am On Sep 15, 2008
Nigerian party in America, I can eat. But the one in Nigeria, I try to eat at home before I venture to the party. Somehow, I don't trust Naija party.

Last time we went to Nigeria for the anniversary of my grandpa's funeral, this old lady (close relative), came and gave me iyan and egunsi soup because we "ran out" of it. My grandma saw her and called me to one of our rooms like she was going to tell me something, she told me to and go to our neighboring town (where our other house was) and throw the food out on the way there.
Next day, when we walked by, the food don turn moldy. I sweerr, I cannot trust those old villagers.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 4:09am On Sep 15, 2008
how is food supposed to look like when you throw it away?
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Morenike3(f): 4:21am On Sep 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

how is food supposed to look like when you throw it away?
to atleast retain some of its properties for a few days before decaying or turning moldy.
Not the next day, who knows if it even turned moldy an hour after I threw it out?
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 4:23am On Sep 15, 2008
hehehe cheesy
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by nguage(m): 4:47am On Sep 15, 2008
roflcopter at this thread. But why are Nigerians so good when it's time to discuss Nigerian stereotypes but if this thread was on some foreign messageboards, we start calling them naija haters
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by rampagain: 9:57am On Sep 15, 2008
*Morenike:

Nigerian party in America, I can eat. But the one in Nigeria, I try to eat at home before I venture to the party. Somehow, I don't trust Naija party.

Last time we went to Nigeria for the anniversary of my grandpa's funeral, this old lady (close relative), came and gave me iyan and egunsi soup because we "ran out" of it. My grandma saw her and called me to one of our rooms like she was going to tell me something, she told me to and go to our neighboring town (where our other house was) and throw the food out on the way there.
Next day, when we walked by, the food don turn moldy. I sweerr, I cannot trust those old villagers.

honestly i feel u,it happened to me once during a burial too,but dis time,it was my grandmums burial,i was very hungry then,and my man has already finished d food meant for d both of us,so whilst standing at d veranda wt squeezed face,an elderly woman ,a neighbour walked up to me and was like "nne dis one u r like dis ,r u hungry" innocent me,i said yea,i dont know where dis woman brought yam and vegetable soup from,i accepted it and went in to show my hubby,immediately he saw it,he screamed jacked it from my hand and threw it away at d backhouse,he later took me out to town to a fast food,there i ate

could u believe dat d next day dis woman saw me,she was shocked,she couldnt comport herself,it was obvious,she kept looking at me and later asked me ,if im ok dat im looking dull,i know she wanted to get info from me,so i smiled and told her dat im very well,since dat day i never cease to thank God for using my man to stop me from eating dat food

never trust pple
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2008
The truth may hurt, but Nigerian's are greedy, come party time.

I say it how it is, not what folk want to hear.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by carnal: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2008
@morenike & rampagain, i feel you guyz o,believe me as a child i was taught never to eat out side especially in naija parties because you cant just trust anyone o, i have had cousines who ate food at parties and still carry a sickness until today in some cases passed on sef,so for any party especially naija parties never eat o,in the case of my father my mother will cook for him,keep it in cooler in the car if the man attends your party and he's hungry he will sneak into his car and eat there jeje
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by JustGood(m): 11:38am On Sep 15, 2008
I am yet to attend any party where guests exhibit such bevaviour.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2008
I don't see anyone denying this fact, Siena so i don't get the whole "truth is bitter" rant 

once again rather be in a party of hungry people than sexual deviant omo irekes
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2008
i wont say it is juju but unhygienic way may have caused the mold to grow too quick. i have heard many of such stories too. some people like giving away their old and rotten food to others i have seen such with neighbors in Nigeria.

sad some Nigerians still carry unhygienic way of prep food wherever they go. like the lady cooking the jollof rice in my front, she sneezed into the pot, blow catarrh from her nose and still use the hand to put maggi in the food,

she was cutting the raw goat meat and asked me to help break the cooked corn into two. i turned to wash my hands only to turn and saw her already doing the corn. maybe it seems slow for her but i got to wash my hands. she used the raw meat hands to cut the corn. i didn't eat that corn,  even the food sef i did not eat.

yet people will be rushing the food and packing it home shocked
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by JustGood(m): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2008
I'd really like to attend one of these parties to record the kind of scenes being described here
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2008
omoge:

just too much is not good. depending on the food, one or two is enough. not those double type.

yes o karma.
ten cubes of maggi and counting in a pot of soup is way too much.
Soups should get their taste from the meat,okporoko and crayfish not maggi.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2008
someone talked of rotten food at parties.I have a story.

I attended a wedding earlier this year where I was an asoebi wearer and we did the serving and all.
We were setting the buffet tables and I opened up this aluminium pan of very repulsive looking jollof rice.
It looked like someone just boiled white rice and sprinkled some palm oil on it without mixing it properly.
It looked bad and on closer look,it smelt bad too.
I quietly took the pan and hid it somewhere so no one would serve it.
Before I knew it another lady had found it and placed it on the table.
I quietly carried it and placed it near the trash.
Sadly this wedding ran out of food fairly quickly and before I knew it people started eating from this rotten pan of rice and I immediately told people around that both that rice and the Ugba (Igbo salad) out on the table smelt bad.
Sadly,I know 4 people that attended the wedding that ended up with diarrhoea for 2 straight days.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2008
omoge:

i wont say it is juju but unhygienic way may have caused the mold to grow too quick. i have heard many of such stories too. some people like giving away their old and rotten food to others i have seen such with neighbors in Nigeria.

sad some Nigerians still carry unhygienic way of prep food wherever they go. like the lady cooking the jollof rice in my front, she sneezed into the pot, blow catarrh from her nose and still use the hand to put maggi in the food,

she was cutting the raw goat meat and asked me to help break the cooked corn into two. i turned to wash my hands only to turn and saw her already doing the corn. maybe it seems slow for her but i got to wash my hands. she used the raw meat hands to cut the corn. i didn't eat that corn, even the food sef i did not eat.

yet people will be rushing the food and packing it home shocked

Chei omoge
I feel nauseous after all that.
Chineke Nna!
did she also season the food with her soiled pads?
what a dirty woman
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2008
Queenisha:

yes o karma.
ten cubes of maggi and counting in a pot of soup is way too much.
Soups should get their taste from the meat,okporoko and crayfish not maggi.

as long as it tastes good, isnt too salty and people cant even tell how much seasoning was used, i dont see what the big deal is.

anyway i hate crayfish. gross. anything that smells and taste like it is nasty to me hence my hatred for egusi
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

as long as it tastes good, isnt too salty and people can't even tell how much seasoning was used, i don't see what the big deal is.

anyway i hate crayfish. gross. anything that smells and taste like it is nasty to me hence my hatred for egusi

you don't know maggi has msg.
it's not very healthy
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by onyinye2(f): 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

as long as it tastes good, isnt too salty and people can't even tell how much seasoning was used, i don't see what the big deal is.
You go kill Igbo man heart with this! grin
Too much maggi is just not right. My mom taught me to only use up to three in anything that i cook because the taste should derive from the meat not from the amount of maggi.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2008
lmao neither is palm oil but that doesnt stop Nigerians from using it in just about EVERYTHING. (thankfully banned in my house)

85% of Naija food is fried, yet MSG is the one that scares you?  tongue
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by JustGood(m): 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2008
3 maggi for one pot? shocked shocked
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2008
true osisi, if someone had told me i'D think it was a lie but i saw it all.

some people don't know how to cook Jrice. it is not by force to have that rice at parties now.

Karmamod, i love crayfish cheesy not the over rotten ones with mold around it though.

also it is not by force to have nigerian food at parties. if people don't now how to cook or they are sick, it is not a must to come help. a simple excuse is enough. party host should ordersome chinese, get rolls and salad from the store. i'D prefer that than a catarrh invest Jrice.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by onyinye2(f): 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2008
omoge:

also it is not by force to have nigerian food at parties. if people don't now how to cook or they are sick, it is not a must to come help. a simple excuse is enough. party host should ordersome chinese, get rolls and salad from the store. i'D prefer that than a catarrh invest Jrice.
You will go and server oyinbo food at Nigerian party eh? grin I remember on party i went to where they served some onye ocha food. It was an outrage. People left in disappointed. How do you serve Nigerian people chicken stuffed with veggies and foreign seasons? Tufiakwa.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2008
Better than go eat catarrh invested Jrice grin
okay Salad and dressings should do.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

lmao neither is palm oil but that doesnt stop Nigerians from using it in just about EVERYTHING. (thankfully banned in my house)

85% of Naija food is fried, yet MSG is the one that scares you?  tongue

99% could be fried,doesn't mean I have to fry mine.
I keep away from fried foods and lots of maggi.
Besides soups and ocassional porridge yam I don't know any other foods we put palm oil in?
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 6:10pm On Sep 15, 2008
onyinye2:

You will go and server oyinbo food at Nigerian party eh? grin I remember on party i went to where they served some onye ocha food. It was an outrage. People left in disappointed. How do you serve Nigerian people chicken stuffed with veggies and foreign seasons? Tufiakwa.

let them leave.
haba!
The last time I did a party,I had it catered by a non Nigerian restaurant because I hate bothering people to cook me this and that
and you have no clue what nonsense people will throw together and bring.
some will pour sugar in jollof rice and bring for you
Tufia
I either pay a Nigerian caterer or get a BBQ place to bring me food and I make some jollof and soup if I feel like it.
If people won't eat , let them leave.
If you won't eat at my party because I don't have kpof kpof, buns, akara, fish roll, ugba, porridge yam, meat pies and star lager then don't come. grin
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2008
lol abi o you talk am well kiss

no be by force. we have to make nig man eat salad. gone with all those fried goat meat smiley, shiken and tilapia fish.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2008
OH I forgot the fried goat,stewed meat,fried catfish,jollof rice,fried rice,fried and baked chicken and co.
Getting salad in NIgerian parties is a joke.
Nobody touches the uncooked leaves grin
By the time they get the egusi soup,different kinds of rice,plantain and meat on the plastic plate there's no space for your leaves.
If they return,it's to collect the pepper soup and more "betta" food.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2008
omoge,the one I still can't figure out is seeing people that feel obligated to take every food on the menu.
I don't understand why someone will have a plate with everything piled up and overflowing shocked shocked shocked
then go back and get a wrap of pounded yam and scoop the 2 or 3 different soups side by side on the divided platters
It boggles my mind.
and they haven't had dessert yet o
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2008
especially the men and guys there. them too much with food. and the women give them not too good food  lipsrsealed

true, by the way why do they leave the salad alone? even the fresh fruit i added to the lady's list such as water melon, honey dew and cataloupe no one touched. i just watched with surprised look on my face. only the oyinbo ones who came in later went for the salad and fruits.

the mixture of those food in belle sef na wah.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2008
it boogles me too o. what a mix. ogbono, egusi, okra, ugba, all in one setting lol.

did you notice the malta goya too? na fashion na o grin.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by onyinye2(f): 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2008
What is salad to a Nigerian person eh? grin How are you going to serve me meatpie, puff puff, jollof rice, fried rice, fried catfish. . . . and expect me to even give glance at salad? Abeg give me meat, and takem your salad to ndi Bekee. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Norm Is Not Always Normal / Is The Igbo Language Dying? / "oriki Eko": Who Originated It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.