Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,933 members, 7,872,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties (10713 Views)

Areas In Naija And How Their Boys Behave / How Did Spraying Money At Parties Become Part of What We Call Our Culture? / All Nigerians Look Alike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2008
eh, na for ur mouth i dey hear am so onyinye. grin you will change when you ever come to my party. it is sad now that students have taken clue. they ask for one thing or the other at your own party lol. there is not j rice, no fried rice? it's unlike you Omoge etc.

if you have nig and ghana students at ur party, you go preach tire abt salad and its usefulness to the body grin
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by onyinye2(f): 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2008
Salad ko, nyemo meat! grin If i wanted salad, makem add goat meat for me. As for anything else, Tufiakwa. I will starve at your parties. You might as well serve me pizza instead of that lettuce and raw tomato nansense. tongue
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 7:13pm On Sep 15, 2008
OH I forgot the fried goat,stewed meat,fried catfish,jollof rice,fried rice,fried and baked chicken and co.

Exactly. All fried and you know very well that palm oil is used in more things that just porridge.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2008
Isnt there a Naija type salad though?
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2008
just goat meat salad grin
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by onyinye2(f): 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

I just seriously hate salad. Something about raw veggies always make my stomach churn. Especially when they add that death in a bottle ranch salad dressing. YUCK!!! Biko, nyemo meat na jollof rice instead.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 7:37pm On Sep 15, 2008
grin
try your salad with thousand island not ranch wink
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

there's an original Igbo salad called Ugba.
It's made with cooked okporoko, the ugba,and sometimes pieces of cooked meat and in my village they add garden egg leaves sometimes.
and yes palm oil grin
It's very tasty but sometimes when they use potash in it,you may end up with "running stomach"

running to lokoja grin

there's another type abacha and okporoko
Oh I miss my grandma cry cry cry cry
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2008
after adding asorted meat thingy you still call it salad? shocked
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by onyinye2(f): 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2008
Queenisha:

there's another type [b]abacha [/b]and okporoko
Oh I miss my grandma cry cry cry cry
Me and abacha are one in one!!! grin grin grin I swear i can eat that for like ever. Gosh how much I miss nnem cooking.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2008
@topic
i don laff die grin
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by onyinye2(f): 8:13pm On Sep 15, 2008
omoge:

grin
Even worse for me. I have tried every known dressing, i seriously can't stand salad nor salad dressing.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2008
omoge:

grin

Both bad for you. High in fat and calories

the best for salads that doesnt kill your weight is Vinaigrette esp Balsamic Vinaigrette
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2008
what's this obsession you people have with "potash"

potash this potash that.

if its what I think it is "kun" then its basically only used for okra
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2008
honestly, i prefer my salad plain. if i go to their party i try small amount of that dressing. it taste ok. for my salad it's just plain.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2008
yea it is kaun. i hate it in okra pple do use it to make poor okra to draw but i think it makes it darkish.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

what's this obsession you people have with "potash"

potash this potash that.

if its what I think it is "kun" then its basically only used for okra

TUfiakwa!!
we don't put potash in antything but Ugba and Isiewu.
Potash in okro soup?
dat one na original diarrhoea regimen na
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by onyinye2(f): 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2008
Queenisha:

TUfiakwa!!
we don't put potash in antything but Ugba and Isiewu.
Potash in okro soup?
that one na original diarrhoea regimen na
Oh LAWD!!!!! grin grin grin grin Mayne it is too hot here for me to be laughing like this grin
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2008
onyinye2:

I just seriously hate salad. Something about raw veggies always make my stomach churn. Especially when they add that death in a bottle ranch salad dressing. YUCK!!! Biko, nyemo meat na jollof rice instead.

LOL
I love salads with chicken lipsrsealed
grilled chicken though.

But nothing beats a plate of jollof rice cooked by a Yoruba woman.
Chei!
I give them props for correct jollof.
The type that'll give you "lipstick" and lip gloss when it's over. grin

If I had to request my last supper,it'll be a plate of jollof rice with tenderized goat meat
followed by a plate of stewed shaki and ponmo and a can of sunkist.
after that,I'll be ready to meet my maker
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by tope2000(f): 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2008
Queenisha:

LOL
grilled chicken though.

Chei!

If I had to request my last supper,it'll be a plate of jollof rice with tenderized goat meat

HEHEHEHE
CORRECT BABE grin grin grin grin
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by onyinye2(f): 8:47pm On Sep 15, 2008
Queenisha:

LOL
grilled chicken though.

Chei!

So I guess you are ready to meat your Maker three times a week na.LMAO. But seriously nothing is better than abacha. Especially with the right amount of palm oil and seasonings. With a bottle of orange fanta. I swear I would choose this dish over any food of ndi Bekee.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2008
omoge:

yea it is kaun. i hate it in okra people do use it to make poor okra to draw but i think it makes it darkish.

OK
is it what Yorubas put in their Okra to make it draw for miles grin
I've always wondered if their own okra is different from ours.
I hate Okra soup anyway
God forbid.
It reminds me of mucus
can't stand that slime
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by tope2000(f): 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2008
onyinye2:

So I guess you are ready to meat your Maker three times a week na.LMAO. But seriously nothing is better than abacha. Especially with the right amount of palm oil and seasonings. With a bottle of orange fanta. I swear I would choose this dish over any food of ndi Bekee.

whats that?
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by onyinye2(f): 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2008
Queenisha:

OK
is it what Yorubas put in their Okra to make it draw for miles grin
I've always wondered if their own okra is different from ours.
[b]I hate Okra soup [/b]anyway
God forbid.
It reminds me of mucus
can't stand that slime
Mayne that is my favorite. Esp, when my mom adds small tomato paste to give it that delicious red color.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by onyinye2(f): 8:57pm On Sep 15, 2008
tope2000:

whats that?
Hmmm. . . . . im going to have rely on Osisi to answer this one. I don't know the right words to explain it clear for you.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Sisikill: 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2008
@ KarmaMod
LOL, you sound like my mom with you no frying policy. EVERYTHING the woman does. . . chicken, beef, turkey is broiled and while she s doing it, expect a long lecture about how unhealthy fried things are.

My experience with bad cooking comes from watching one of those alase people cook. It was my grandfather's isi le, I was sitting on the steps watching these women cook and the one pounding the yam, paused, wiped her sweat from her face and sprayed it into the pounded yam. I swear the way I jumped up and ran to my mom, you'll think the devil was chasing me. I was talking and gagging at the same time, when I finally got my story out, my mom went to straight to her, when she finishes pounding that one, she should not do anymore and to take the one she did home for her family. My mom went into the kitchen, boiled her yam and she and my aunts made a new one. It wasn't enough but at least no one eat food with dirty woman's sweat for flavor.

My mom is always weary about giving outsiders food to cook for her, if it will take her all night to cook the food herself, she is ready to tie her wrapper and get to work
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Sisikill: 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2008
Naija salad is should be BANNED! Honestly that thing with the dressing and the other medemede, You can already feel you heart clogging from just looking at it.  sad

Please what's potash?
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2008
we call it akanwu in Igboland.
it has this dirty white color and looks like a piece of dried up old blue cheese
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2008
@tope2000 abacha is an Igbo delicacy made with cooked and sliced cassava
It is white in colour resembling sliced Irish potatoes and can be eaten with coco nuts or  perm kennels or peanuts.
It can also be made into some sort of salad with okporoko,palm oil and potash

the prononciation is different from Sani Abacha LOL
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2008
sisikill, exactly. i went to niaja couples' home and they gave me salad with one kin heinz something on it, ewwww undecided
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2008
omoge:

yea it is kaun. i hate it in okra people do use it to make poor okra to draw but i think it makes it darkish.

Do you eat okra by itself? is it not with stew? What does it matter if it's dark? Although it doesnt make it dark when I use it. I use very little
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2008
some call it bobozi, nice with groundnut  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate / Traditional Marriage In Ebira(igbira) Land / Lagos Gears Up For Yoruba Week Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.