Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,335 members, 7,881,241 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:59 PM

The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties (10721 Views)

Areas In Naija And How Their Boys Behave / How Did Spraying Money At Parties Become Part of What We Call Our Culture? / All Nigerians Look Alike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 10:23pm On Sep 15, 2008
i make my okra the native way sooooooooooooo good. yes you can eat okra by itself or with stew or mix in ogbono. but never ewedu as some i have seen.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2008
Sisikill:

@ KarmaMod
LOL, you sound like my mom with you no frying policy. EVERYTHING the woman does. . . chicken, beef, turkey is broiled and while she s doing it, expect a long lecture about how unhealthy fried things are.

I perfer things boiled jo. when I fry I use olive oil. Cant stand palm oil. My parents hate it so iots not like I was raised with that death oil anyway

and you see how people say the juice of stew comes from chicken, how is that possible when someone like me takes off ALL the skin and fat when im boiling meat. It's the boiled skin and fat that gives the taste thus the maggi-culture tongue

as for your pounded yam story, that is why I dont understand how people eat in bukas. people complain about how evil party food is yet are willing to sit down and eat unsanitary buka food. Um EW. Ive many times seen the buka woman sweating in the food when I pass by. Disgusting. I dont like pounded yam, anyway so whatever but my dad pounds yam and that's the only one him and my mom eat. outside pounded yam and stuff is a no-no
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 10:31pm On Sep 15, 2008
*pukes on ogbono*

angry
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 10:34pm On Sep 15, 2008
is it what Yorubas put in their Okra to make it draw for miles

Tis good like that tongue
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 2:17am On Sep 16, 2008
I hate Okra
I hate Ogbono
I hate all slimy foods
They look like placenta mixed with semen lipsrsealed
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Queenisha: 2:19am On Sep 16, 2008
Yuck Queenisha
don't make yourself puke
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 2:21am On Sep 16, 2008
Egusi looks like explosive diarrhea
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by onyinye2(f): 2:23am On Sep 16, 2008
I love all those things OSISI!!!
I hate anything creamy
I hate beef
I hate salad
KarmaMod:

Egusi looks like explosive diarrhea
Oya now, TOH bia, let me prepare you egusi soup especially for you. grin
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 2:35am On Sep 16, 2008
hate it only if you have seen placenta and semen blended together.

i can manage them but ewedu is ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by KarmaMod(f): 2:36am On Sep 16, 2008
Dont like ewudu but it looks way better than egusi
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 2:37am On Sep 16, 2008
there was even ewedu at a nig party and the sight was unholy
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 2:38am On Sep 16, 2008
i guess you've just seen those ones that looks like baby egbe

i know some pple cook their like that and i hate the sight.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by janami(f): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2008
oh well, e dey their body. Atleast they come bearing gifts of ike (plastic bucket, cup, dust pan with the celebrant's name on it) in some cases it is "mo gbo mo ya" (i heard and decided to come) On the bright side, leaving all the embarrasments and all, atleast the food doesnt go to waste to all their ijewuru - ism (gluttony)
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by MP007(m): 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2008
why are u guyz going off topic, its like dem don put "something" for the food wey u chop chop chop even carry go house eat for 2 months
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by omoge(f): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2008
grin
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by NegroNtns(m): 5:59am On Sep 17, 2008
hmm, all these talk about food and dishes, . . I dont see any steam in the kitchen, I need some action on the stove.

Im hungry, can you all cook some food for me to eat? cheesy
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by monatoetje: 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2008
funny to hear that Nigerians don`t like salads. grin When we go to Nigerian parties they always have salads ( WITHOUT MEAT or CHICKEN! grin) and everyone eats from it,
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by JustGood(m): 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2008
I like salads but I don't like the type I get served in most restaurants. It's just leaves, like they're serving goats ha ha ha.

i like salads like I used to eat back in naija. Nice well made salads with enough cream, not just large chunks of leaves
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by MP007(m): 5:06am On Sep 18, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

hmm, all these talk about food and dishes, . . I don't see any steam in the kitchen, I need some action on the stove.

I'm hungry, can you all cook some food for me to eat? cheesy

go to a nigerian party around your area even if u arent invited (mo gbo mo branch), eat and eat and bring come house, lol
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by jgirl3: 5:28am On Sep 18, 2008
My favorite part is when they collect plenty souvenir. They'll be rushing for it as if their very existence depends on it.
I have decided to claim Ghanaian heritage in such gatherings.

Food is the least of our problems.
Let's talk about the shouting, the way some discriminate against another group . . . . i tire. angry
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by tatenda: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2008
MP007, I can`t agree with you more. There`s a small Nigerian Restaurant in Cape Town called Aaron`s. The other day we were passing through around 5pm. There was chaos and a whole lot of noise. It drew pple`s attention, only to see it was big, dark muscled Nigerians fighting for food. When I say fighting I mean fighting as in exchanging blows. It was so embarassing. People need to chenge their ways. If you ask some of the civilised Nigerians they say, this particular group comes from the villages and it will take a very long time for them to adapt to mordenisation, but I don`t think that`s an excuse.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by na2day2(m): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2008
na who win the fight? grin grin grin grin grin

tatenda:

MP007, I can`t agree with you more. There`s a small Nigerian Restaurant in Cape Town called Aaron`s. The other day we were passing through around 5pm. There was chaos and a whole lot of noise. It drew people`s attention, only to see it was big, dark muscled Nigerians fighting for food. When I say fighting I mean fighting as in exchanging blows. It was so embarassing. People need to chenge their ways. If you ask some of the civilised Nigerians they say, this particular group comes from the villages and it will take a very long time for them to adapt to mordenisation, but I don`t think that`s an excuse.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by savanaha: 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2008
tatenda:

MP007, I can`t agree with you more. There`s a small Nigerian Restaurant in Cape Town called Aaron`s. The other day we were passing through around 5pm. There was chaos and a whole lot of noise. It drew people`s attention, only to see it was big, dark muscled Nigerians fighting for food. When I say fighting I mean fighting as in exchanging blows. It was so embarassing. People need to chenge their ways. If you ask some of the civilised Nigerians they say, this particular group comes from the villages and it will take a very long time for them to adapt to mordenisation, but I don`t think that`s an excuse.

Sneezing from the bullshit. The man was brawling for food at a restaurant. That doesn't make any damn sense but the lie was somewhat funny.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by na2day2(m): 1:05am On Sep 23, 2008
hold up, maybe the other guy thot that the dude next to him food looks alot bigger in the plate than his grin grin grin grin

savanaha:

Sneezing from the bullshit. The man was brawling for food at a restaurant. That doesn't make any damn sense but the lie was somewhat funny.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Nobody: 1:42am On Sep 23, 2008
I've actually taken "souvenirs" home. After helping in the kitchen, I've got to take something grin
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 23, 2008
hAVE u noticed or done it? The way nigerians, even the once in yankee act when it comes to food and drinks at parties espcially weddings? complete disgace, most akata and africans always complain about naijaa's attitude when "food don land",

I was at nigerian wedding last week friday, and my God, i was ashamed to be a naija man that day because the way my country people dey behave. People eat only one plate and left the party, but naija no!!!! come see how naija man dey run with 12 packs or DR pepper water go car like bolt wey win olympics, carrying food to parking lots 10 times, drinking like sH6%t, , It got to a point that i couldnt stand it no more. I was mad this particular naija dude, The guy first took two 12 packs of dr pepper into his car and next 4 take way plates and then another 3 packs of 7ups and on and on and on, (him dey run up and down like person wey dey run marathon). , wetin dey cause am?
ROTFLMAO!
And that's why I don't go to Naija party unless it's mandatory.
In Nija parties, I have to keep this fake smile glued on my face thru the whole time, or else ppl would think am not happy to be there or am not happy for the person. B.S. "T, Kilo shele?" "T, se o fe je n, kilode?"
The old people annoy me the most, I sweer "Ki lo de to fi shunojo?". gawwwwd!!

People (esp. Nigerians) seriously annoy me. No offense. They have this mentality that I cannot stand! All up in my Bizzness! angry angry

It's so annoying when I help serve, and am about to sit down and get a plate, I hear: "T, jo, se ole bami bu'mu? " "T, jor, bami mu omi wa". Calling my name left to right like it's a song!
Even when I don't want to eat, they be trying to force me to get a plate. Acting like they're worried. "T, lo je n na." " T, Kilode to fi je n?". gawwd.

I cannot live close to Nigerians. Busy Body, gossipers, they love to pretend, this ppl! shocked shocked
Come see o, some even get my number to try to contact me. For wetin? shocked That's why I'm changing it sef.

T, are you doing fine.

Yes, ma.

T, how is your studies.

It's going okay ma

T, what are you studying?

P, ma.

T, when will you finish? [sup]excuse me? na your bizzness?

Ko ni pke, ma.

T, hope the boys are not bothering you.

No with a smile[/sup]

*Here I try to walk away and another one calls me.
I tire for Naija party. I know they know my family and all, but seriously, I odn't care.
Leave me jeje.

Okay o, I try running into the Library room to be alone. Then all my cousinsmostly older rushes in. Then their friends rushes in, ok, we start joking. Then the young ones rushes in. Then their parents and "worried" adult rushes in. But instead of leaving o, they stay and starts asking us questions. Acting like they've never seen college students before. Bush people.

The annoying part is when we use the Hall. Peaple thinks just because it's not their house or anybody's hose, they're allowed to stay longer. NO!! Leave!! grin grin I try driving myself out of that place, but I'm always expected to stay to the end and help clean up cry I don't want to be rude, so I just stay. w/e.

Anywayz, Naija parties is seriously not for me. I don tire for Busy Bodies.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by na2day2(m): 2:37am On Sep 23, 2008
so u r apart of the problem eh? angry angry angry

stillwater:

I've actually taken "souvenirs" home. After helping in the kitchen, I've got to take something grin
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by MP007(m): 6:02am On Sep 23, 2008
see nigerians , i post thread , see response, some mumu still dey talk about how dem' they hussle food for party, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by TPS360: 6:07am On Sep 23, 2008
I was at a nigerian party the other night, this guy kept eating and eating, used the restroom and continued eating, ha!
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by JustGood(m): 9:19am On Sep 23, 2008
I attended another party on Saturday and guests were mainly Nigerians. No one was rushing any of the food. Everyone ate decently.

I was actually on the look out for the so-called scramble for food some people have mentioned here and there was no such thing. In fact there were quite a number of people who did not even go near the food.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by tatenda: 9:55am On Sep 23, 2008
Savannaha, You can sneeze from bullshit all you want and I don`t give a hoot. You are in denial. It`s not a joke as you want to make it. Admit it some of the Nigerian dudes are so backward and have embarassing behaviour.especially when it comes to food. They were fighting for egusi.
Re: The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2008
na2day?:

so u r apart of the problem eh? angry angry angry

If you are part of the planning committee, you are entitled to some benefits after the party. wink

Who's MP007 referring to? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Social Prejudices Between Oratta(owerri) And Isu Groups Of Igboland. / Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate / Is The Igbo Language Dying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.