Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,907 members, 7,872,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (504774 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:10pm On Jul 17, 2007
I watched it on MUTV.

Van der Sar should be beaten for conceding the 1st goal.
We should be thinking of replacing that plonker. He looked rusty.

Ronaldo gave the Asian fans something to wow about.
As usual, he was outstanding and he topped it up with a goal.

I think Fergie will have to shave his hair at the end of next season because Ronaldo might win the 20-goal bet.
He now makes runs to get through-passes and he is more hungrier for goals.

The team played well, the only worry was Edwin and Evra was stretched by the Urawa's right winger( a brazilian) to a point of no return.
Paul Scholes was imperious in the midfield, orchestrating passes and Giggs was a decoy making dangerous runs in and out of the pack.

Wazza wasted 2 glorious chances and we should have won if he wasn't thinking of Coleen.
Apart from this, he combined well with Cristiano and Giggs and the passes were tantalisingly CRISP.

United truly looked like the champions of England.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Harlex(m): 4:46am On Jul 18, 2007
at least if the old boys can still put on some fantastic move, i would love to see the team with the inclution of the likes of nani, anderson, owen, and even carlos. i pray it works out.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 8:03am On Jul 18, 2007
Tevez's g'onna come. . .
4rm SAF stance, i sense a deal's in d offing. . Gill's comments are purely 2 create an air of uncertainty!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 9:41am On Jul 18, 2007
Chei, so Tevez is now your savior. grin cheesy

You guys are so daft!

Was I the only one that watched the Copa America Final?

Just because a player has a few good matches, you want to turn him into a God! Haa haa haa. . . Silly scummites! grin grin

Anyway, on to other issues, you guys are in desperate need of a goalkeeper. If Van der sar's game against Urawa is anything to go by, then you guys are in trouble! grin grin Anyway, that's good news for us. grin grin

Chei, you guys couldn't even beat a side lowly ranked by Fifa. angry

Anyhoo, see you on the fifth! cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 10:03am On Jul 18, 2007
My oh My. . .

Because Tevez wants to sign for manure, he is suddenly the best striker in the world.

I won't be surprised if my friend Jackal comes in hear now and starts saying Tevez is better than Drogba!  shocked   grin   cheesy

They won't let us hear word again. . .  Tevez this. . . Tevez that!

If Drogba signs for manure tomorrow, they'll say he is the best in the world.

Bloody hypocrites.  angry
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 10:11am On Jul 18, 2007
whats up with our bet Raz ?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:19am On Jul 18, 2007
@ Razorr,

I would rather have Tevez in my team than 100 Didier Drogbas.
Tevez is a young player and i can tell u he hasn't peaked yet but Drogba is past his peak and his on the decline.
Everything about Carlos Alberto Tevez oozes class and character.

Tevez's deal from Boca Juniors to Corinthians of Brazil is the biggest in the whole SOUTH AMERICAN football history.
Knowing how Brazilians don't like Argentines, Tevez worked his way into the fans heart and bagged the fans favourite player in Brazil.
He is the 1st non-Brazilian to win that award in almost 30 years.

He has won more accolades than Didier Drogba even with his young age and a very short football career.
Tevez was the South American Player of the year in 2003, 2004 and 2005.
If u consider the number of talented players in South America then y'all guys will agree that TEVEZ is the BIG DEAL.
He won the olympic golden boot by scoring 8 goals in 6 matches for Argentina olympic team in 2004.
Tevez has an olympic GOLD medal to his name
Tevez came to West ham and became Hammer's player of the year.

Tevez isn't just good because he is joining Man United.
Tevez is class because he is a good player.
I will never rate a player because my club is signing him.
Go and read my comments when United signed Carrick last season.
Carlisto is a more all round striker than DD Drogba.
The FA is scared what United might become if we sign Tevez . . . . . . UNITED will be MONSTERS.

Didier Drogba,
What can i say about him?
The only thing Drogba has more than Tevez is good looks. tongue
Basically, he had nuthing until 2006/07 season where he scored 33 goals in all competitons.
Some ignorant Chelsea fans even think he had the highest goal tally in Europe . . . . . Buncha Tweaks!!!!!!!!!
Managed to scored 20 goals in 36 games in the league and Chelski fans went hay-wire.
He had 2 disappointing seasons at Chelsea where he finished 10 goals in 26 league games and 12 goals in 29 games in his 2nd season.
What a record for Chelski's mr prolific.
He also managed the CAF player of the year aided by Etoo's injury and Essien's defensive role to cover for Terry's injury.
How can i rate this dude over Tevez who does it consistently?
Drogba is a good player no doubt but i worry about his consistency.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by VOR(m): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2007
Hi all, any Man Utd fans actually based in Manchester?

I'm travelling up from London for the Inter-Milan
game on 1/8/07 and need recommendation for a
good but cheap and cheerful b&b for one night preferably
within good travel distance of Old Trafford.I'm looking at a
double room(£40-50).

Alternatively, I don't mind crashing on a fellow reds sofa for
the night.(FOC) grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2007
FOC in Jand?
You must be dreaming.
Ya best bet is to get bed n breakfast.

Manchester residents are violent.
Remember Amityville?
The local folks even call the city GUNchester.

Stay safe!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2007
@Jackal

a quick one;

did u say u prefer Tevez to a 1000 Drogbas?  shocked

am outta here, see u on the other side
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2007
Kitaun, your friend is finally losing it. grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2007
Razorr,

Instead of u to punch holes in ma theory u are mouthing me to be losing it.
You fucking PERV!!!!!!!!! What has Drogba got more than TEVEZ as a football player? Zilch.
I will let u gallivant in ur fool's paradise.
Tevez is an ace, Drogba is a dud.
Carlos Tevez in Drogba's shoes at Chelsea wld have scored more than Drogba.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstar1(m): 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2007
@ razor

u are always expected to back up your claims with facts on nairaland.That is what jackal has done concerning tevez and drogba nad you were busy exclaiming. if u have ur facts present it and lets comapre and contrast or else 4eva keep queit on this issue.

take it or leave tevez dey land for Man U, more outbreaks for defenders and goalkeepers this season. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by beetintin(m): 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2007
This Tevez issue is getting out of hands o. Learnt FIFA has been called into it.

Isn't it high time we forget about this guy. He has so many wahala on his neck that
we may not be able to handle o. We don't need any distraction for next season at all.
I am sure of what we can do next season so no need for any Tevegate cool

Proudly 1 UNITED!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2007
Forget about Tevez?? shocked

Just imagine a forward that has rooney and tevez, wit ronaldo and giggs running at them. . .and with scholes feeding in those crazy passes. . .

so did u say United should forget about Tevez?? undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:27pm On Jul 18, 2007
@ beetintin,

Leave Tevez?
How can we drop him just like that?
West Ham wants to sell. The only problem here is who picks the transfer fee.
MSI says they own the right to the transfer fees and West Ham only has the player registration rights.
FA wants the transfer fee to go to one party but 2 parties are fighting for it.

Tevez will be a wonderful addition to the present united squad.
Tevez on the left, Rooney in the centre and Ronaldo on the right plus they all can play anywhere in the front line.
This adaptability in the frontline is why Barcelona is the best in Europe so Man Utd should grab this opportunity.
SAF must sign Tevez. FIFA will eventually resolve the impasse and United would sign Tevez.

@ J-K,
Where the heck have u been?
I dont like this ur MIA attitude. I hope u have not been sleeping with our enemies.
It wont be long so let Tevez enjoy his vacation.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2007
@Jackal

been on the low low. . .tieing up some ends. .
sleepin with the enemy?? hnmmmm which enemy are we talkin about here grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2007
@JACKAL

Have u suddenly changed ur mind about Tevez? shocked

or is it cos u cant get Huntelaar no more? tongue

so u mean Tevez and Rooney no longer play alike? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 9:22pm On Jul 18, 2007
i'll leave Jackal to come and answer his query, . . lol grin

but my vote was and is still on Tevez anyday.
Huntelaar is just a shadow clone of RVN.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2007
to ya'll thinkin for Rooney. ,

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=355905

Rooney told United's official Japanese website, www.manutd.jp, "Playing with Carlos Tevez would be great.

"He did brilliantly for West Ham last season and I think he'll be a great signing for us."
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2007
justkunmi:

to ya'll thinkin for Rooney. , 

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=355905

Rooney told United's official Japanese website, www.manutd.jp, "Playing with Carlos Tevez would be great.

"He did brilliantly for West Ham last season and I think he'll be a great signing for us."

one gorrila talking of the other . . grin Blood is thicker than water shocked grin grin tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by wormedup(m): 10:50pm On Jul 18, 2007
mukina2:

one gorrila talking of the other . . grin Blood is thicker than water shocked grin grin tongue

muki, u dey crase ! tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:23am On Jul 19, 2007
@ Kitaun,

Huntelaar would have been my choice if i have a way cos i wanted someone to replace the void Ruud left at Man United.
It seems he is out of reach and good luck to him. We might pinch him next season.
I'd rather we sign Tevez than sign no one and let Saha deceive us again like he did last season.
If we cant get Huntelaar i think Tevez will be a manageable option for United.
I would buy any striker(similar to Wazza or not) than to depend on Louis Saha who can never be fit to play 20 league games in a season.

Should United decide to go with a 3-man attack, i think Tevez and Ronaldo supporting Rooney upfront wld be magical.
Man United will become MONSTERS in the Premiership cos the attack will be unstoppable.
Tevez and Rooney are brutes but i think a manager like Ferguson will have defined roles for the 2 of em and make em play together efficiently unlike Lampard and Ballack who always collide with each other.
It will be interesting to see how Fergie works with his pit-bulls.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 8:44am On Jul 19, 2007
[size=14pt]"[/i]We are not sure whether we will have him(Tevez)
signed in time for the new season[i]"
[/size]

United chief executive David Gill

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2007
@ Razorr,

Save your breath!!!!!!!!!
Only 2 scenarios are bound to happen and UNITED will win on both occasions.

The problem here is NOT that West Ham AIN'T selling, The issue is who gets the economic rights of the player known as Carlos Tevez?
What FIFA has to decide is who picks the transfer fee between West Ham and KJ.

SHOULD FIFA decides West Ham owns Tevez's economic rights, then United would have to pay West Ham United or get Tevez on a loan as the case may be.
Tevez might miss the 1st few games but the transfer window schitzo is a bit of a red herring if the 2nd scenario suffices.

If Tevez WINS his case against West Ham (and Gill seems VERY confident that he will) then Tevez WILL BE A FREE-AGENT.
This means he is NOT bound by transfer window bollockz and can JOIN United at any time throughout the season.

I don't know why haters don't want United to sign Tevez.
Peops are beginning to fidget over this transfer saga and wishing United don't get him.
Don't hate United because they are splashing on new players and Chelsea are buying dud players.
We got the money. We spend the money. We bought the honey. grin grin grin grin
I pity United's rivals next season when Tevez joins.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Banderas(m): 9:17am On Jul 19, 2007
Actually this has nothing to do with United whatsoever. The fact is that if United buys Tevez and West Ham doesn't get the money, then the premise under which West Ham escaped relegation last season becomes void, and Sheffield United will sue. As a result, West Ham must ensure that all the requirements set by the FA are met, in order to ensure their remaining in the premiership.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 9:29am On Jul 19, 2007
Banderas:

Actually this has nothing to do with United whatsoever. The fact is that if United buys Tevez and West Ham doesn't get the money, then the premise under which West Ham escaped relegation last season becomes void, and Sheffield United will sue. As a result, West Ham must ensure that all the requirements set by the FA are met, in order to ensure their remaining in the premiership.

Good. So it's a case of a deadlock. Or do you think the F.A. would agree to eat their words? It would be too embarrasing. I can promise you all that Tevez would be playing in a West Ham shirt next season. It would take some time for this issue to be resolved. Don't expect any magic from Fifa, as the F.A.'s men there would do everything to stall any decision that would be embarrasing to its rep. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 9:32am On Jul 19, 2007
My only advice to manure fan's is that if they want tevez that badly, they should organise for some of their tout fans to go kill Kia Joorabchian.  grin   cheesy
That shouldn't be so difficult anyway, since most of their fans are touts or criminals, e.g. some of those on this forum.  tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 9:39am On Jul 19, 2007
@Jackal

Tevez go play pass hin capability?  embarassed  angry

u guys forget he is just as predictable as Rooney is, power play, fast et al . . .  undecided

a good defender, well focused, fast and just as energetic will pocket him like a baby grin

I don't even rate him as high as most peeps are wont to do, he wasnt even all that at the World Cup, neither was he all that till he helped West Ham out of relegation, wasnt he there season long? oh! u want to tell me he was saving the best for last aight?

the fact that Manscum will be having more monsters in the name of footballers wont scare anyone no more, not with the emergence of strong teams that can conveniently play in europe apart from the big 4 - - - Reading, Tottenham, Bolton, Newcastle, Boro etc cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 9:42am On Jul 19, 2007
Kitaun, me sef I tire o. These scummies can be so new. Talk about over-hype.  

If Tevez is the god that you guys are trying to paint him to be, then why did the Brazillian defence tame him like a puppy in the Copa America final?
If Brazil could tame him, then are you underestimating defences in the Prem? shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 10:00am On Jul 19, 2007
Talking about touts and hoodlums?
Who are the biggest group of touts in Europe? Chelsea fans.

How sick can some fans be to cite threats to Anders Frisk(FIFA Referee) family because Chelsea lost a match to Barcelona in 2005.
The same set of touts forced Graham Poll(Premiership's best referee) into an early retirement with death threats directed towards Poll's family.
Chelsea players, fans and the management are all rogues as far as football is concerned.
The same set of people denied vehemently that they never met Cashley Cole in any hotel but we know the truth now.
Lil' wonder William Gallas and recently.,Cannavaro said Chelsea has no class. grin
The same set of fans were responsible for sending dangerous parcels to Rooney and Ronaldo @ the Carrington training complex towards the end of last season.
I am sorry for Chelski's future.

@ Kitaun,

You should know better as a soccer-buff.
How can u judge Tevez's performance based on what happened in a shitty club like West Ham?
How may matches did he feature in until the closing hour of the Premiership last season when the fans forced Curbishley to play him?
What was Wazza's input at Everton when he had shitty teammates? What is his input now @ Man Utd with brilliant players like Giggs, Scholes and Ronaldo?
How many goals do u think Drogba or Henry will score if they play for a shitty team like West Ham or Sheffield United?
I tell u, Henry will be happy to score 10 league goals in a season as the team's total goals might not even exceed 30.

Javier Mascherano is another classic example.
He was crap at West Ham because he had mediocre team mates who cannot understand his level of football brilliance.
Did u notice the transformation when he joined Liverpool?
Remember how he single-handely destroyed Chelsea's midfield machine in Anfield in the Champions league semis?
That is what playing in a good team can do for players with natural ability.
There's no way in HELL Tevez won't be a Zeus if he plays with Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes and Giggs at Man Utd.
Its like disobeying the laws of nature . . . . . . . .Tevez will definitely blaze the league if he joins Man Utd.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2007
Am I the only one that noticed how a certain manure fan singled out a small part of my post and became extremely defensive?
If that isn't evidence of a guilty conscience, I don't know what is. grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.