Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,059 members, 7,973,604 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 08:43 PM

Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC (15892 Views)

Kokori, N-delta APC Leaders Stoking My Row With EFCC —tompolo / Paul Arkwright Visits Dangote, Tinubu & Mike Adenuga In Lagos. Photos / Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by OldGlory1(m): 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2006
Tianshie

Bleep the Christ comments. If Steve Jobs lost any money or rather i think you meant intellectual property, by the hands of Bill Gates, then we have a system of government that works to repair wrong doings. Ask Ken Lay(Enron) That system of Justice works. He died Last week because his peers sent him to Jail. Now i am not sure what the hell poverty Mike Adenuga is alleviating? The amount of money Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida stole with the help of Mike Adenuga, cannot be repaid in the next decade. He employees people and treats them like commodities and you think he is doing something great? Well i have to let you think the way you think and i will do me.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by IykeD1(m): 11:42pm On Jul 11, 2006
Damn the spell checker - Meant Mike Adenuga, not Mike Adena
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by dotman(m): 11:50pm On Jul 11, 2006
old glory that whole thing u posted is nothing but a bit of shit.u were down there in the us(i suppose)when we were paying 50 naira per minute,n been exploited by the likes of freaking mtn.tell me which mobile company pays its staff as much as glo does.tell me which mobile company rewards its customers like glo.tell me which company in nigeria supports nigerian artist like glo.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by OldGlory1(m): 11:58pm On Jul 11, 2006
Iyke D

Sorry about the spell Checker. But again i am in the USA and have lived in Nigeria. I am sick and tired of the rich in that country have a different set of rules from the rest of us. Why is a man like Mike Adenuga(Which i hate by the way) not pay his taxes? I am a Law and Justice kind of guy. I was for putting Martha in Jail and the other CEO of the Biotech firm, I was hoping that Ken Lay will be given the death penalty, i am a live by the rules or die by the law kind of customer. I hate when you say stuff like he "built" an empire. You are misleading yourself. Built something is like the founders of Home Depot, the guys behind Pet-co, the people that started Levi's, the starbucks guy,the dell guy. Those are people that "BUILT AN EMPIRE". Listen you know how it works, you have a dream, you go get a loan, and you be all you want to be. That is why we have Bestbuy,Circuitcity,Compusa,McDonald's,Outback Steakhouse,Sports Authority,Verizon, and all these non IT big players. You know what, i am done. Bleep Adenuga and IBB.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by dotman(m): 12:03am On Jul 12, 2006
old glory.u accused him of tax evasion,i wonder if he is d only one who doesnt pay tax.even the president couldnt present his revenue n tax bills.n efcc(obj s pawn)should go after kingpins n rogues like IBB n not apologising to him 4 accusing him
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by OldGlory1(m): 12:10am On Jul 12, 2006
Dotman

You are then really Slow in your analysis and probably thinking too. You think Glo is not milking you @ N15 a minute. Please place your anger at your government for not letting more companies compete for your Naira. Mike Adenuga and Glo,MTN and Z-mobile can get away with charging you whatever they want because there is "NO COMPETITION . If you brought in the likes of AT&T, Verizon, Cingular, T-mobile,M-tel,SBC and other players in that space. You will be paying N2 per minute for your call and get much better service . IT IS THE "DUMB GOVERNMENT POLICIES" THAT IS THE PROBLEM. GLO as a company sucks big time. What service do you think you are getting? When you have to hold your phone like a satelite just to get some network service. Whatever. Simple Economics dude. Mike Adenuga is not an Angel because you pay N15 per minute with GLO. Common Dude use your head. If service was so good at n15 a minute why do Nigerians all have more than one or even two phones? I have had my one phone number here for Ten years and if Cingular messes up, i can take the same number to Verizon or Sprint and i take my business along with me. I know America is not Nigeria, but i am just telling you what service really is.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by IykeD1(m): 12:34am On Jul 12, 2006
Old Glory,

I apologize for casually using the words "built an empire". However, at the end of the day,
whether you like Mike Adenuga or not, his name is up there among the wealthiest Nigerians
today. The "Glo" brand is very real in Nigeria. It dots the landscape just like Best Buy, Circuit
City, T-mobile, Verizon, etc. Yes, he may not be a visionary, but I dare say anyone providing
service (no matter how bad the service is ) to about 7 million customers in any country is an
achiever.

Knowing Nigerians, I am sure there have been plenty of looters and co-looters whose stash
has either practically thinned or dwindling fast for lack of imagination. With the exception of
Michael Ibru, and a few other old money bags with barely any education who essentially made
something out of nothing, Adenuga's type/source of wealth is typical of the crop of the new
wealthy Nigerians.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by DaHitler(m): 12:41am On Jul 12, 2006
Adenuga is too close to Atiku and IBB. The ruling click on the PDP (Obasonjo's boys) are going to punish Adenuga, Atiku and IBB for disloyalty to the party.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by dotman(m): 12:44am On Jul 12, 2006
old glory.there are many people we know undoubtedly stole nigerias money,like IBB, BODE GEORGE,BALOGUN n d host of uncountable others.d question i want u to answer is why did EFCC go for adenuga cos of d sleazy reason(i suppose)of tax evasion which aint a big deal in nigeria
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by tianshie(m): 1:34am On Jul 12, 2006
@old glory:
Man get off your moral high horse!
Your prissy mouthing makes me want to puke. You sit in an arm chair on the other side of the atlantic and dare to pass informed judgement?lol

You're out of touch with what's happening in naija.No one's saying Adenuga is a hero,but I'm damned if I won't give glo credit for helping lower tariff.

Anyway verizon sucks,my friend in Newyork can't seem to get through when she calls but I always get through when I call her.
Maybe you ought to take a vacation.Visit home.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by lewa(m): 4:20am On Jul 12, 2006
Well folks hes been released and to those of you who thought he would stew, better luck next time.
For those who didnt lets wait and see.I hear that to effect his arrest heavy duty cranes had to be used to pull down his gates and the bros even switched his power supply off.No sacred cow-Fasawe sef OBJ main man still de Ribadu guest house
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by olat(m): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2006
Just to let you know that Dr. Mike Adenuga who was arrested on Sunday has been released.
Its just one of those routine questioning, lets see how it all goes,
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Ndi(f): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2006
I happen to watch Channels News yesterday where Ribadu was interviewed & he denied having arrested Dr. Mike Adenuga after which he said no comment to the pressmen's question. Mike Okiro too was interviewed & denied any arrest. It is kind of Funny when these things happen, the people in authority deny having anything to do with any arrest. Just like the two journalist that were held by the SSS men, when interrogated, their boss denied vehemently having arrested Gbenga Aruleba of AIT but later everything came out in the open.

I do not have any problem with Ribadu or the SSS men carrying out their duty but i do have a problem with selective Justice.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Reverend(m): 9:14am On Jul 12, 2006
After reading several comments in this thread, it seems that the consensus is that is somebody is corrupt and steals, that means that it is OK for other people to do the same.

I say that all the corrupt politicians and businessmen should go to jail. There is nothing you can say to justify their actions, whoever they may be and whatever their reasons may be.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by youngies(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2006
Never you get caught is the rule of the game. But once you are caught, you can burn in hell for all I care. If you like be Iyabo Obasanjo, Dangote, Adenuga, IBB or Peter Odili, the law is no respecta of nobody!
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Shinor(m): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2006
@Ndi
Thanks for your angle. I think every other post said the obvious. Why did Nuhu Ribadu and Okiro deny arresting Adenuga? I was actually on the phone to Nigeria when the news was on in Lagos and i was getting a running commentary regarding the reporters encounter with Ribadu.
Why are they denying? Are they scarred? Are they just joking?
The EFCC need to come clean on this if people are to take them serious. I am one of those who believe in what the EFCC are about but incidents like this need to be better managed.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by otokx(m): 11:58am On Jul 12, 2006
i hear he has been released.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by tboy4: 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2006
we all seem not to be discussing the real issues.what is he accused of doing,if for a fact it is because of PTDF monies in his bank,then the EFCC once again as shown high handedness,cos am sure the money was deposited in a branch of the bank,and that bank as an ED in charge of public sector funds and he also reports to a MD.Adenuga is not even chairman of the bank so how is he culpable if he is not involved in the day to day running of the bank.once again i believe it is selective prosecution,u fall out with BABA and u get punished or if u do not show absolute loyalty.i feel sorry for the man cos of his intergrity that as been soiled.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by OldGlory1(m): 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2006
Tianshie

Is it possible that i know what is happening in Nigeria more than you? I have visited Nigeria many times and i have seen the deplorable conditions that people live in, and yet "The Wealthy" continue to live in a separate Nigeria. Well it is fine FOR YOU TO HAVE HIM AS YOUR HERO, the Arm chair judgment i am supposedly passing has nothing to do with me being in the USA or in New Zealand. And the for the record Verizon has one of the best networks on the planet. Ask your friend in NYC why she does not leave them. You can sit in Nigeria and accept the status quo, i will be in America and be critical of the bad government in Nigeria and people that launder stolen money. I pay Taxes to the USA, people usually do not steal money here. Tianshie i also think your friend in NYC does not want to talk to you, that is why she claims the line is not clear. I would do the same if i were her!!
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by tboy4: 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2006
we should all try to address the issue in question any time we are sending a post, some pple talk like they have a bef against adenuga himself and has an opportunity to voice or unleash thier anger on the fact that efcc is questioning him, he was taken up for questioning becos of the petroleum watever fund money in his bank, t boy thank for the little explanation u offered, i think we need to find out the athenticity of stories before we react so as not to be prejudiced in our posts. watever opportunity adenuga has today, several of us will jump at such too, so we should not crucify him, atleast he is better than some that has stolen the money and did not make anything meaningful with the money.the money was not stacked out of the country, rather some right thinking individuals in their employment should start to chart a course for freedom, we need the freedom, we all cant be slaves forever for some biz mogul, we should also use them as a stepping stone to moving up the ladder and find our foot, atleast within a year a very fast guy wud have tot of wat to do with the 'little' resources we make from serving them.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by kazey(m): 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2006
So Nigerians tell me. Is it a crime to be

1. IBB's friend?
2. Atiku's friend?

And also is it fair to be Arrested twice within a duration of 6 months for the same crime after it was being thrown out for lack of evidence. Here I am reffering to the tax evasion, accusation.

If EFCC is very honest in fighting corruption, money laundering or whatever, they should start from those in government, past corrupted leaders and leave entrepreneurs alone, especially those helping the economy without any known direct affiliation with any government official or holding any political position or interest.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Ashiwaju(m): 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2006
Politics is everything in Nigeria

I have said it quite a number of times, Efcc is nothing but a dog

Why take Adenuga? 4 no specific reason, if he was atiku and ibb's friend so what?

Is Obj not charles taylors friend? or is he not mugabe's friend?
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Seun(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2006
Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed EFCC, there is one important thing I want you to consider:

This is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense!

Why would a Wookiee -- an eight foot tall Wookiee -- want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

But more importantly, you have to ask yourself: what does that have to do with this issue? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this issue! It does not make sense!

Look at me, I'm a busy webmaster defending the innocence of a businessman I have never met, and I'm talking about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense.

And so you have to remember, when you're in your investigation room deliberating and conjugating the constitution of Nigeria does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed EFCC, it does not make sense.

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, then you must release Dr. Adenuga. The defense rests.

Hey, look at this silly monkey:
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Busta(f): 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2006

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Mariory(m): 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2006
Oh dear! Seun's had a little too much J.D. grin
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by otokx(m): 6:24pm On Jul 12, 2006
this thing is really evil.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2006
OK with the blood-sucking and dinosaurs seen in jails getting bleeped by Hot guys. They have killed us. But what about IBB, abdulsalami and others? EFCC wants my evidence?
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by lewa(m): 12:28am On Jul 13, 2006
well this might help clarify
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200607130434978
He fired back at the newsmen, “Why are you so particular about Mike Adenuga? Ah! Ah! There are 101 people who are being investigated daily in Nigeria.

“Go today and see who we have taken. He is not the latest. What is special about him? Is he not a Nigerian? What is special? Does he have four legs? He is a Nigerian just like all of us.

“For God’s sake, there are people who have been taken in, and detained and nobody is talking about it. Responsible and good Nigerians have for long been taken in and investigated.

“In fact, we have celebrated Nigerians who have been detained before. This President served a jail term before he came out to become President. What is it? What is this thing about Adenuga? Important people like Gani Fawehinmi were detained in this country before.

“Please when we invite an individual for interrogation, it should not be an issue. We have so many cases that we are investigating, involving so many people.”

He, however, added, “At the appropriate time, we will come out with whatever findings that our investigations reveal.

“Give us time and I am sure Nigerians will know everything. We will never do anything in hiding. At the end of the day, Nigerians will know.”
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by lewa(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2006
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article01/130706 would clarify further
"If you are seeking political office, and you have skeleton in your cupboard, we will bring it out. It has nothing to do with screening anybody. But we will work to bring people to justice like the way we did with 419, those sabotaging our oil pipelines etc. The moment you say you are now a candidate, you are now making everybody to look at you. It is not just the EFCC."
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Dinosky(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2006
Hey Guys, it's really sad to hear that Dr Mike Adenuga is been held by EFCC. However i will advice that if found guilty of any kind of crime; may be money laundering, fraud or otherwise. Let him be asked to refund the money within a specified time. Cos he has touched so many Nigerians by providing jobs for them. I am not saying here that i support criminal acts. At as 10years back not many knew of Adenuga as a Multi tie, now that he fails to comply they are now after him. EFCC should equally probe into the whereabout of all those big cash recovered from Late Head of State Gen. Sani Abacha. You will be surprised that the money was looted for the second time.

All perprators of evil their time will come and you will not be surprised to hear them confessing like pigeon including Ribadu.

Tell them that i said so. Whenever some thing good comes to us in Nigeria, obstacle will come from all corners to damn it. They should stop encouraging people investing their businesses abroad, instead allow them do it here. Any one found guilty let the government take over the firm and life goes on.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by kenway(m): 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2006
I think everyone is too hasty with this case. I think strongly we wait and see how evrything unfolds.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by kenway(m): 9:17pm On Jul 13, 2006
Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy he has been released

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Names Of 1966 Coup Plotters.judge For Your Self & Say If It Was An Igbo Coup / BREAKING NEWS!!! Russian Present Calls For The Release Of Nnamdi Kalu / Amosun’s Journey From State Of Confusion To Desperation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.