Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,318 members, 7,910,644 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 01:48 PM

Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC (15794 Views)

Kokori, N-delta APC Leaders Stoking My Row With EFCC —tompolo / Paul Arkwright Visits Dangote, Tinubu & Mike Adenuga In Lagos. Photos / Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by buchio7(m): 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2006
nna naijaflyer wetin happen 4 scunty side? hope baa wahala? reveal ursef.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Jakumo(m): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2006
buchio7:

jakumo u have contradicted yourself already. u mentioned joe kennedy senior who ran illegal alcohol in d 30's but is remembered at least on this forum 4 bootlegging and in d same way ibb and adenuga will always b remembered 4 dere ill-gotten wealth. my brother that kind of money was not gotten from serious ,dedicated hardwork if you're to be honest wit yourself. in as much he has done well for nigerians but don't let that fool u into believing that nigerians don't knw he is crooked

Buchio7, the main point of my earlier post was that money acquired from extra-legal activities can and has been spent and invested in ways that ultimately benefit society.  Joe Kennedy's bootleg alcohol racket launched into office one of America's greatest presidents, J.F. Kennedy, while Mike Adenuga's shortcut to a petro-dollar windfall during the IBB years funded the startup of one of Nigeria's main cell-phone networks, Globalcom, along with a few other major job-creating industrial concerns owned by Adenuga within Nigeria. 

By investing in Nigeria, Mike Adenuga set himself apart from a far larger number of Nigerians who looted the national treasury over the years and then quietly stashed it all offshore where the benefit to Nigeria's economy is zero by definition.  Adenuga is no saint, but several thousand Nigerians would be jobless without the employment created by the businesses he established in his [i]home[/i]land, rather than in the more stable business environments available elsewhere.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by buchio7(m): 6:51am On Jul 20, 2006
true talk and thank u 4 accepting dat dere is a fishy history to his accumulated wealth and if u have accepted dat dont u think dat he is endangering d job security of his employees and d well-being of globacom by subterfuge politicking? becos everyone knws dat he was invited by d efcc because he was frolicking wit d wrong political crowd which d headmaster in aso rock did not take lightly? he is playing a dangerous game in a country run by vengeful ppl. remember intels in p.h.? was closed in a day 4 no reason thereby throwing 2,000 ppl into d job market.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by naijaflyer(m): 10:35am On Jul 20, 2006
@buchio7, you hit the nail on the head! We know that once you fall in the bad books of the powers that be, any excuse can be used to go after you, and even when no case can be established, then some of your proclivities are used to blackmail you. It's a staple of those in power in Nigeria, and would always be. And woe betide you if the man in charge is as vindictive as Obj and Abacha (at least IBB would try seducing you to his side first, the rest of them use sledgehammers).
In relation to the fishy story behind Adenuga's wealth, I had pointed out earlier that those with access always take care of themselves, but the question is, how many of them actually turn it into real wealth that endures? I can give you several examples of those that actually made more money out of IBB/Abacha/Abdulsalami than Adenuga did, but where are they now? buchio7, do you remember the stunts Arthur Eze pulled in Enugu during that era (afterall his wife taught you & i at fgce)? And I actually heard IBB saying to someone (the man who introduced Triax to him in the early 80s b4 Triax swerved him of his own share of the goods) that he gave him deals worth well over $4billion (not million, and USD, not NGN) but that Triax had nothing to show for it as at 2002. What of Bashir Tofa who was making roughly $30million per month in the late 80s and early 90s? I see him when he comes to hustle for jobs here at Abuja in order to keep up appearances. What of the late Clarkson Majomi? And the fabled wealth of the late MKO Abiola (though that can be blamed on Abacha frustrating his businesses. But his dilettante children also played a big role in crumbling the empire, despite the restitution given by Abdulsalami) The list is endless. So please, inasmuch as I can't stand "Chairman", let's be balanced about the issue at hand and give him credit for his contribution to the economy.
@old glory, still with regard to your analogy about the presence of competition crashing tariffs, I pointed out that the operating environment in Nigeria is such that you can't go below a minimum tresh-hold in order to ensure your company's continued existence. If it's not infrastructural issues (building your own mast, which isn't the case elsewhere, providing your own power thanks to the erraticness of PHCN/the locale not being on the national grid, providing an access road to the base station, etc) to social issues (e.g security to prevent Niger-Delta youths from seizing a base station, mushin youths from stealing cables for use as clothes-lines - don't laugh, it happens to MTN) to regulatory issues (NCC and other agencies imposing all sorts of charges and raising them arbitrarily) among others. I'm sure that buchio7 can enlighten us more, having worked in Nigeria's telecoms sector. We have PTOs who offer lower rates and other value add-ons, but they don't have the continuity of existence and level of penetration required to make a difference.
Any further comments?
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Chxta(m): 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2006
Naijaflyer how was d burial? I had a safe trip back to Lagos.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by naijaflyer(m): 4:01pm On Jul 20, 2006
Sure my brother. The burial went ok, though I still had to crack a few heads there in the village (how else them go take know say big boy don land?).
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Chxta(m): 4:19pm On Jul 20, 2006
U for let me follow u sha. U know I love racks more than anything. . .
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by buchio7(m): 4:19pm On Jul 20, 2006
nna naijaflyer reveal ursef, do d open sesame bit n tell me who be u abeg!!!! e neva click
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Chxta(m): 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2006
Lemme give u clues. . .

He loves women. . .
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by buchio7(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2006
omo, if na dat one dere r 20 thousand fgce boys dat qualify. one of dem called me d other day frm scotland forming yeye foneee because oyibo babe dey im side .naijaflyer reveal ursef
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Chxta(m): 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2006
Could that caller be Azubuike Okolie? I heard he's doing his Masters in Scotland. . .
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by kenway(m): 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2006
Lewa it appears you are not very current. when Anenih was works minister he was given N300billion to work on the auchi - okene road and it was never done, the money was never accounted for and where is the EFCC? why aren't they even trying to prosecute him? Obasanjo used his position unconstitutionally to raise funds for his school library and where was the EFCC at the time? everybody who is current knows that the EFCC arrests and prosecutes selectively. You need to be more attentive and learn to read in between the line to look for more profound interpretations to situations. Adenuga is very innocent as suggested by the toothless EFCC and the Nigerian press.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by buchio7(m): 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2006
bros i no knw who be azubuike , ohh!
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Chxta(m): 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2006
You go know my brother, no be FGCE94 you dey?
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by lewa(m): 4:50am On Jul 23, 2006
@ Kenway
Look who's talking?So Auchi-Okene road was awarded at a cost of 300 billion naira($2bn)?What "profound"
ignorance?So what then is the budget of the oversight ministry ?Are you really "current" ?Are you sure?Seems as if i would allow you
to do some checking first because i really think you're dead wrong on the sum you quoted with "informed" ease.
Tony is a rogue no doubt and i am sure that you know about the numerous rogues-drug lords and 419 kingpins that have been locked up
as a result of the existence of EFCC.I am sure you are also adequately "briefed" about the Nwude/Anajemba scam.Were they also
enemies of OBJ or former associates?EFCC isnt perfect, theres much room for improvement and at least something is being done to target corruption and financial crimes.
Those crying that they are being hounded by EFCC have something to hide ,
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by buchio7(m): 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2006
nna chxta u knw d history intoto, but maybe na age dey slow nwa guy down.refresh dis guys memory
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by BIGBUSA: 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2006
First, I will like to reply to Mr BADADEE's ignorant comment:::::::::"Mike Adenuga just came from nowhere with billions and started buying up everywhere and everything"

Just because your head is narrow doesn't mean you should open your mouth when others are talking. Keep it closed if you don't have knowledge of what is being discussed.

For your information: Mike became a millionaire at the age of 25 years old, and all his investments are legitimate. He's currently about 54 years old; which means he's about 30 years into the game, Ask yourself this question, 30 years ago, who was IBB or Atiku?
Mike has never held any military position or any government position and he has never interested in getting involved in pursuing political ambition, From day one he has been nothing but a pure strict intelligent business man.

From my own point of view, I think this is what happened (why he was arrested):

Rule# 1: It is very important for a smart business man to be an ally of the current administration, it is that simple. When you follow this rule as a business man, sky is the limit for you and your investments, That is just how it's done everywhere through out the world, This has nothing to do with corruption,

Rule# 2: As a smart business man, it is also important for you to know when to unfasten your relationship with the current administration, that it's time is about to expire and start preparing or building a new relationship with the foreseen replacement administration. That is just how it's done everywhere, (Investors or business men from developed countries crave and understand this game), This has nothing to do with corruption,
Note: Be aware that Mike is an American educated business man.

Conclusion: During the implementation of these 2 rules, something went wrong, As we all know OBJ is a childish uninformed and extremely vindictive individual, So, you figure out the rest.

At this point, it will be civilized for Nigerians to stay focused and allow time to tell.

BIG B (USA)
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by buchio7(m): 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2006
@big b
bros leave all dat gist. adenuga made his money frm hob-nobbing with d powers dat be and if u have had course to interact wit him at close quaters u will realise d fact dat he is protecting d  interests of some ppl. and who told u dat someone had to be a military officer b4 he can enjoy largesse during the military years? was arthur eze a military man during abachas time? was wada nas?and so many others. dere r powerful elements who prefer to use neutral ppl to actualise dere business dreams and i suspect dat dis case is related to such. he was arrested has noting to do with him being a smart business man who is being victimised unnecessarily but has everything to do wit d fact dat he is seen by d powers dat be as dining and wining wit d wrong side of d divide.
and by d way guy dis na conversation we dey get nt d civil war, lets excercise some restraint when addressing other members.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by BIGBUSA: 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2006
@ BUCHIO 7:

I respect your comment even though I could hardly read it, but it's ok.

Peace to Nigeria.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Orikinla(m): 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2006
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Orikinla(m): 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2006
Mike Adenuga has fled!

Believe it or not and read the current newsreport on
http://allafrica.com/stories/200608180567.html
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by biomic(f): 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2006
chill, wat exactly is happening with adenuga. i don't get
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Odeku(m): 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2006
Adenuga is a criminal and all his asset in Nigeria should be confiscated, why is he running if his hands are clean?
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by bigB3: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2006
ORIKINLA: Your comment is another reason why Nigeria as a society is uncivilized, How can the man flee when he's not wanted?

ODEKU: I can only say "wow" to your comment, It is important to be fully knowledgeable about a subject before making unreasonable comment.

FYI:Dr. Adenuga is not on a wanted list anywhere, and EFCC was not looking for Dr. Adenuga but for documents.

I don't think it's fair or pleasant for any of us to start speculating on things that are not fact.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by bigB3: 1:58am On Aug 21, 2006
BIOMIC: This is what I think is going on,

Adenuga has been caught in the middle of political cross fire, and they continue to pull him into this mess, so he decided to leave town and allow the politicians to sort themselves out.

Do you blame the man?

I don't !!!!!

If I were in his shoes I would have done the same, One could careless what news papers, websites or anyone say about you; the most important thing is your life and once your life is at danger then it's time to bounce, Especially in Nigerian society, it's not smart for one to take a chance.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by LoverBwoy(m): 3:30am On Aug 21, 2006
i'll say the fight of the elephant OBJ vs IBB, proxies wars obj has to cut down all ibb's men one way or another

there is a reason adenuga is caught in the "cross-fire" , his hands aint exactly clean!

If the abachas own a large chunk of "my comapny" i know exactly what to expect wink
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by otokx(m): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2006
I hear the guy has spoken with his legs.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Odeku(m): 1:52pm On Aug 21, 2006
Big B are you a criminal or you support some one like Samuel Doe, if indeed Adenuga is innocent, why flee or run and leave his multi billion $ investment ? there is a saying in Yoruba land, the chicken does not run if he doesn't smell trouble, one way or the other this guy is a fat neck crook, where did he get the money to start his company, there is no record of any loan granted to him worldwide.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by bigB3: 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2006
ODEKU: Now I truely believe that you do not know anything about this cat or this subject, it is obvious, Instead of you running around speculating, take a time out and know your fact.

Adenuga has been around as a serious business man for more than 30 years, Just because you just discovered his name doesn't permit you to speculate on things you do not know.

You need to chill out and allow others who are knowlegeable to discuss the matter; may be you will learn one or two things.

You must be from Chicago,
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by aderaskeey(m): 2:11pm On Aug 21, 2006
@Odeku, just like the heroes of democracy had to flee abroad (a la NADECO aka. Agbako), Sebi they were criminals running from (in)justice! Aba, shouldn't read between the lines, this is just a case of political acrimony.

Where were their thoughts when they gave him oil blocks, Telecoms 2nd National Operator, GSM License (GLOBACOM)? Didn't we all including our contract awarding leaders, know that he is a "Babangida's Boy" then?

Like I already mentioned elsewhere on this forum https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-11321.0.html#msg574272 our leaders have turned Nigeria into a theater of political vengeance.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by bigB3: 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2006
Guys, we need to slow down a bit and do some thinking, Trust me a little thinking will not hurt our heads.

What this guy (Adenuga) has accomplished for Nigeria as a country is unbelievable; even none of our leaders (past and present) has done half of these things and I refuse to allow a political deceptive to tarnish his image or blind fold me from seeing the light.

I'm not going to start listing wonderful things he has done for our nation because it's another heavy topic by itself.

FACT: This government knows Adenuga is influential and will never take the chance to allow him to support the next presidential candidate (IBB or ATIKU), So, the easiest thing to do is to try to tarnish his image and intimidate him; but the old folks say "it is never right to bite the fingers that feed you"

This is a game for the dummies, don't fall for it. Things will become clearer when the time is right.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by bigB3: 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2006
I just feel that it is unfair and terrible to treat a man who has done so much for this nation like a worthless sack of beans, All because one leader wants to prove a worthless point and punish the other leader. I hope Nigerian will see the light and never never be brainwashed my this greedy administartion. An administration that has unsuccessfully failed to implement the 3rd term.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, In the name of almighty, Adenuga will be fine and remain on top.
His sincerity and bright positive intention will continue to protect him from his hopeless haters.

And all the haters shall remain on the floor, face-down.

I just hope that he doesn't lose his positive intellectual spirit in developing our loving country.

May God bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Approves $2 Billion For First Phase Of $4.6 Billion Ibom Deep Seaport / Peter Obi Breaks Fast With Muslim Faithfuls In Niger, Drills Borehole / Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.