Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,903 members, 7,872,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) (19802 Views)

Health Workers "JOHESU" Calls Off Strike / JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum / Baby With 2 Heads Survives Risky Surgery In Afghanistan (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by armadeo(m): 10:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
infolekan:

This is one of the effects of skin deep education that's just barely scratching the surface.
And this I believe is not a Pharmacist but one of those wannabes.
Amoxil and Augmentin are both in the same class for Pregnancy in all Drug compendium and that's either A or B.
Your mentioning of Paludrine as an alternative gives me no other alternative than to leave you to your sea of knowledge.
The person that clicked that LIKE under your post must be a johesuite under a spell cos I'm sure the person had no idea why he clicked the like.
NB - I said you're most likely not a Pharmacists because all the Pharmacists I know could easily have studied Med but decided to go for Pharmacy and would not commit this heresy you just committed up here

modified
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by tuoyoojo(m): 12:00am On Jul 09, 2014
omotalkie:
How about ur "almighty consultant" in antenatal clinic, who prescribed artesunate & Augumentin (two strong drugs) for my sister in her first month pregnancy? I tank God she showed me d prescription b4 proceeding, else it wudve ended in DISASTER! (Wch u knw) u may not even knw sef! Cos pple lyk u don't even knw dia onions, Ure opening ur mouth wide. I smh for u

I cudnt help but giggle at the phrase "two strong drug". Mr johesu. Pls educate me. What makes a drug strong and anoda soft

Holding pen and paper, ready to take notes.....
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by Abraham2013(m): 12:06am On Jul 09, 2014
infolekan:

That's who I'll call a Professional Physiotherapist. Until you get employed as a Physiotherapist and use that awesome body of knowledge........you're still a Physiotherapist.
But you knew all this when you were going to school now.
Does having a PhD as a University Registrar qualifies you to run for the VC? NO of course.
And what's the name of the person with such qualifications that you descriped?
Wrong, nobody finishes a clinical residency and u call such person professional. In d USA n canada dere a lot of consultants physiotherapist working in teaching hospital and other tertiary health centers. Note dere is a different between Phd and clinical residency.
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by drpompay(m): 6:21am On Jul 09, 2014
PerfectFortune: It is only in Nigeria that the Drs want to head all aspects of the medical profession but want to remain unprofessional, arrogant and complete chEats.

They want All nurses to have Bsc cos that is the minimum in the USA currently (without a pay rise and when they get their Phd they should not be addressed as Drs of Nursing and when they become Profs should still not be consultants) . Pharm D should not be approved (as it is currently in the USA) cos it will give the Pharmacists the privilege of being addressed as Drs which will inturn lead to them becoming a consultant and as such can head a medical institution which is d practise in the USA currently.

They are less concerned about the patients, self centered, arrogant and completely undertrained (unprofessional), harbalists are better than some of them but want to remain at the top.

Na wa o

Ah!
I'll pay u a zillion if u can prove dis!
Liar liar!

Check ur facts and stop listening to ur ignoramus JOHESU leaders
Consultant pharmacist in d US are never hospital based and never earn anything close to d Drs.
And lest I forget was d role of pharmacist in d hospital? (Answer- dispensing drugs) instead of manufacturing, validating or reconstituting.

B4 u come out in public to talk at least verify with Wikipedia

And is it d nurses, pharmacist, lab peeps that are more concern about d patients welfare?
Answer- Go ask ur mother next time she visits d hospital.

" Thwart like u dat failed out of med school"
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by double0seven(m): 6:48am On Jul 09, 2014
drpompay:

Ah!
Liar liar!

Consultant pharmacist in d US are never hospital based and never earn anything close to d Drs.
And lest I forget was d role of pharmacist in d hospital? (Answer- dispensing drugs) instead of manufacturing, validating or reconstituting.

And is it d nurses, pharmacist, lab peeps that are more concern about d patients welfare?

If I'm to understand you correctly, for five years in a University, studying the course Pharmacy, students learn how to dispense drugs.

Can anyone be in doubt that doctors have been highly indoctrinated; it's just as worse as Boko-Haram.
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by double0seven(m): 7:05am On Jul 09, 2014
pharmacist - Job description

Hospital pharmacists

Job Description

Hospital Pharmacist work in a hospital pharmacy service, primarily within the public sector. They are experts in the field of medicines and are not only responsible for the dispensing of prescriptions but also the purchase, manufacture and quality testing of all medicines used in a hospital. Many hospital pharmacists are qualified to prescribe in their own right. Pharmacists work closely with medical and nursing staff to ensure that patients receive the best treatment, advising on the selection, dose and administration route. They also provide help and advice to patients in all aspects of their
medicines. The role of a hospital pharmacist can extend outside the hospital with responsibility for
medicines in health centres, nursing homes, hospices and general practitioners' (GP) surgeries.

Typical work activities Hospital pharmacists are medicine experts and tasks may include: checking prescriptions to ensure that there are no errors and that they are appropriate and safe for
the individual patient; providing advice on the dosage of medicines and the most appropriate form of medication, for example, tablet, injection, ointment or inhaler; participating in ward rounds, taking patient drug histories and involvement in decision-making on
appropriate treatments; liaising with other medical staff on problems
patients may experience when taking their medicines; discussing treatments with patients' relatives,
community pharmacists and GPs;
ensuring medicines are stored appropriately and securely;
supervising the work of less experienced and less qualified staff;
answering questions about medicines from within the hospital, other hospitals and the general
public; keeping up to date with, and contributing to, research and development; writing guidelines for drug use within the hospital and implementing hospital regulations;
providing information on expenditure on drugs; preparing and quality-checking sterile medications, for example, intravenous medications;
setting up and supervising clinical trials.

More experienced pharmacists may be involved in teaching, both within the pharmacy department and in other areas of the hospital.

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/hospital_pharmacist_job_description.htm
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by double0seven(m): 7:14am On Jul 09, 2014
What pharmacists do and where
they work

Pharmacy is not just about filling prescriptions. it is about promoting health awareness and contributing to the betterment of the community.

Pharmacists may: prepare or supervise the dispensing of medicines, ointments and tablets
advise patients on how their medicines are to be taken or used in the safest and most effective
way in the treatment of common ailments advise members of the public and other health professionals about medicines (both prescription and over-the-counter medicines), including appropriate selection, dosage and drug interactions, potential side effects and therapeutic effects select, give advice on and supply non-prescription medicine, sickroom supplies and other products develop legally recognised standards, and advise on government controls and regulations concerning the manufacture and supply of medicines work in the research and development of medicines and other health-related products be involved in the management of pharmaceutical companies.

Community pharmacists dispense prescriptions, provide advice on drug selection and usage to doctors and other health professionals, primary
healthcare advice and support, and educating customers on health promotion, disease
prevention and the proper use of medicines..

Consultant pharmacists are either employed by community pharmacies or hospitals, or are self-
employed and contract with community pharmacies to provide medication reviews for residential care or ambulatory care patients and/ or other medication-related cognitive services.

Hospital pharmacists operate as part of a healthcare team and are involved in monitoring medication usage, counseling patients, providing
drug information and advice to health professionals and the community, conducting clinical trials and preparing products for patient use. They usually have a lot of contact with other health professionals and members of the public.

Industrial pharmacists undertake research and the development, manufacture, testing, analysis
and marketing of pharmaceutical and medical products.

Outside the square and going places: Pharmacists also work as locums and in fields such as the military, law, journalism, academic
teaching, research, pharmaceutical policy and in rural and remote areas, and even abroad.

http://www.psa.org.au/about/pharmacy-as-a-career/what-pharmacists-do-and-where-they-work
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by PerfectFortune: 7:24am On Jul 09, 2014
drpompay:

Ah!
Liar liar!

I am seen half baked ppl on NL, you are not just half baked you are obviously an iliterate and perhaps one of the glorified "first aid givers" that call themselves Drs.

You made several conclusions from my post which are not true and later resulted to insult (to extent of mentioning my mother) which clearly shows you need proper homme training and to disappoint you, I don't argue with babies like you until you go and the required home training.
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by PerfectFortune: 7:25am On Jul 09, 2014
drpompay:

Ah!
Liar liar!

I have seen half baked ppl on NL, you are not just half baked, you are obviously an iliterate (cos it goes beyond knowing how to read and write) and perhaps one of the glorified "first aid givers" that call themselves Drs.

You made several conclusions from my post which are not true and later resulted to insult (to extent of mentioning my mother) which clearly shows you need proper homme training and to disappoint you, I don't argue with babies like you until you go and get the required home training.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by jaypee100: 7:27am On Jul 09, 2014
drlawizle:

It seems you don't get the drift...its just like you hiring a driver even though you are experts it...its just to relieve the stress off you...would you now say because you can drive you will refuse to hire a good driver when you can very well afford it...the driver is there to relieve your stress but when he wants to start feeling all important...you bounce him and replace him with another...not that you decide to start driving yourself from thereafter...these health workers will keep showing to the world how beneath they are to us with all these clamor...Dr Hippocrates was the founding father of Medicine and all others were assistants..fact! The day assistant will become head has and will never come..
Its ashame u talk like u ar not inform. if u must be reminded, they are skills and unskill workers. ur driver is unskill.ok
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by double0seven(m): 7:29am On Jul 09, 2014
If you’re currently training to be a nurse practitioner, you’ve hit the jackpot. Health care reform has bratcheted up the demand for medical professionals across the country.

Baby boomers are beginning to see an onslaught of ailments brought on by age, and they are seeking medical treatment at increased rates. Job opportunities remain excellent and unemployment in this field is astonishingly low. The highest-paid in the
profession are pulling in six figures. But for many, the decision to enter this profession wasn’t spurned by the money or the changing political tide, but the chance to help people. That’s the real job description for a nurse practitioner.

Nurse practitioners, or advanced practice registered nurses, are qualified to take patient histories, perform physical exams, order labs, analyze lab results, prescribe medicines, authorize treatments and counsel patients and families on continued care. Similar to other health care professionals who are patient-focused – like physicians and registered nurses – nurse practitioners might also have a “population” they specialize in, such as families, adults, pediatrics or geriatrics. They also might concentrate on providing care in a specific area, such as cardiology, dermatology, oncology, orthopedics
and more. Similar to physicians and other registered nurses, APRNs often conduct research and teach within their specialty.

Nurse practitioners’ array of qualifications, and
the fact they can work independently of doctors to
treat patients, makes this No. 4 job on our Best
Jobs of 2014 list an attractive career choice. The
Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 37,100 new
positions for this field between 2012 and 2022,
growing at a rate of 33.7 percent.

http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/nurse-practitioner
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by double0seven(m): 7:39am On Jul 09, 2014
Pharmacist, Nurses and other health professionals are not tussling for headship of hospitals with doctors as doctors want people to beleiev. Neither are they saying they must be earning the sane salaries as doctors.

They only wanted to be accorded the proper respect and put into the scheme of things like their counterparts in countries like US and UK.

Nigerians doctors, right from when they relocate to teaching hospitals are being indoctrinated by their handlers to believe that they are the only professionals in the health sector, that others are just there to relieve them of stress.

Some doctor on the forum even compared them to a driver that a doctor employs to relief him of the stress of driving.

And if you thing male Nigerian doctors are arrogant, wait till you meet the females.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by double0seven(m): 7:48am On Jul 09, 2014
Even in US where nurses and pharmacists are allowed to function the proper way they are supposed to, it does not mean that their decision can override that of a Doctor. Doctors of course have superior authority in patient care.

and registered nurses probably function in their fullest capacity in areas where there are no doctors or situations where no doctors are around.

But here in Nigeria, the problem is the doctors don't even want to recognize anyone. They want to suppress everyone.
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 09, 2014
drlawizle:

Eehyah I'm sorry for your likes...your "I too know" will deprive you the benefit of a good consult...I bet you didn't volunteer to bring the "Almighty Consultants" notice to the prescription as to why he made that prescription cos your sole motive was to ridicule the doctor borne of your deep-seated esteem issues..a nurse changed my prescription for a child I was managing with meningitis without my knowledge...she had the audacity to come and meet me again to say the child wasn't responding to the medication I prescribed and I was almost feeling like a fool...twas when I perused the drug chart I found out she had been giving the dose of a newborn baby to a 5year old boy..how on earth will it work!!!...when I challenged her as to why she did that she said that was the dose one "Dr Lagbaja" uses when he's around(perhaps the dose he gives to newborn babies so she was used to that)..there is what is called decision-making in Medicine which is too far your likes to understand..my friend you should be sorry for your bunch...you're all death-traps...

i have read your posts on this thread and i can't help but wonder the school that awarded you mbbs, What's the qualification of this nurse you are talking about. if at all u re saying the truth, cos she made that mistake not because she's a nurse but because she lack common sense. and a doctor can also make mistakes, i have my own personal experience when i undergo appendectomy in 2012, most of us read the topic on this forum where a doctor removed a woman's womb instead of her fibroid, so what are u talking about
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 09, 2014
drlawizle:

Eehyah I'm sorry for your likes...your "I too know" will deprive you the benefit of a good consult...I bet you didn't volunteer to bring the "Almighty Consultants" notice to the prescription as to why he made that prescription cos your sole motive was to ridicule the doctor borne of your deep-seated esteem issues..a nurse changed my prescription for a child I was managing with meningitis without my knowledge...she had the audacity to come and meet me again to say the child wasn't responding to the medication I prescribed and I was almost feeling like a fool...twas when I perused the drug chart I found out she had been giving the dose of a newborn baby to a 5year old boy..how on earth will it work!!!...when I challenged her as to why she did that she said that was the dose one "Dr Lagbaja" uses when he's around(perhaps the dose he gives to newborn babies so she was used to that)..there is what is called decision-making in Medicine which is too far your likes to understand..my friend you should be sorry for your bunch...you're all death-traps...
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by drobadebayo: 9:29am On Jul 09, 2014
We keep ranting about nurses heading hospitals in US.Do they head MGH,Johns hopkins,yale,Mayo clinic,Cleveland?NO(those are the best hospitals in US nd nurses don't head them).
Because they head few suburban clinics in US does not translate allowing them to head to head our teaching hospitals.
Nurse practitioners in US typically work in under served areas in primary care where doctors are not interested.
Nurse consultants in US are not even hospital based.
Half-knowledge is very harmful,u don't handpick,u examine d whole situation.

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 09, 2014
SAPEDRO:

i have read your posts on this thread and i can't help but wonder the school that awarded you mbbs, What's the qualification of this nurse you are talking about. if at all u re saying the truth, cos she made that mistake not because she's a nurse but because she lack common sense. and a doctor can also make mistakes, i have my own personal experience when i undergo appendectomy in 2012, most of us read the topic on this forum where a doctor removed a woman's womb instead of her fibroid, so what are u talking about

Oh ofcourse its a lie...as long as its a doctor that's saying it...but if it comes from your mouth it has to be the truth...that doctor that removed a woman's womb cannot be compared to someone who feels she knows better than the Almighty consultant and prefers to do her own consult...a mistake is worse than changing a docs prescription without his notice cos you don't know the rational behind his choice...I won't waste my time on this thread again...cos I see you guyz are just sorry losers..nothing to say than ego and school that awarded mbbs...what the doctor did was a mistake which no one on earth can say he's free of...what that nurse did was plain stupidity..
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 09, 2014
jaypee100: Its ashame u talk like u ar not inform. if u must be reminded, they are skills and unskill workers. ur driver is unskill.ok

Your English alone shows which class you fall into....let alone your understanding of the msg...this thread is not for you..move to the jokes section pls.
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 09, 2014
chucs: Empty vessel that makes the most noise. I advice you to be humble and read your book,that is what makes a good doctor.Read about every good doctor home and abroad they are always humble.PRIDE GOES BEFORE A FALL.

Senseless post...we should keep quiet while you misinform the public and loot them of their hard earned money while you pass them to us after you've finished them up so that the "humble" doctor can come and clean up your mess....
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 09, 2014
tuoyoojo:

I cudnt help but giggle at the phrase "two strong drug". Mr johesu. Pls educate me. What makes a drug strong and anoda soft

Holding pen and paper, ready to take notes.....

Don't mind them...dr usual way of misnforming the public to make them think we are killers while they are the saviours...when we expose them they will say: go and read your book & be a humble doctor...as if we hired them to be our PR...so that they can continue their devilish act of painting doctors black...terrible creatures..
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 09, 2014
drobadebayo:

U need a clinical residency to be a consultant,being a professor is academic.dont u get?a doc dat does M.Sc,Ph.D,in microbiology,lectures,write papers nd becomes a professor is a professor nd nutty else,u cn only be appointed as a consultant in a teaching hospital wen u complete a residency in clinical microbiology nd become a fellow.

Its funny how some ppl will still feign ignorance of your explanation...they are hell-bent on achieving their ill desires...
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by double0seven(m): 10:31am On Jul 09, 2014
drobadebayo: We keep ranting about nurses heading hospitals in US.Do they head MGH,Johns hopkins,yale,Mayo clinic,Cleveland?NO(those are the best hospitals in US nd nurses don't head them).
Because they head few suburban clinics in US does not translate allowing them to head to head our teaching hospitals.
Nurse practitioners in US typically work in under served areas in primary care where doctors are not interested.

please stop twisting things... no one is ranting about nurses heading hospitals in US. And Nigerian nurses have neither do they nurse such ambitions. They just want the ones among them who wish to, to be able to be all that they can be in their chosen profession like their counterparts elsewhere.

You talk as if it every nurse that will be able to become a consultant. or are there no guidelines guiding this things?
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 09, 2014
Dio1: You have clearly lied in this comment, the boy who scored 91 in the 2011/2012 PD of OAU is a medical student,Ihemebiri Chinazo is his name, I'm in prime position to know this as he's my classmate and our matric numbers Re apposed

Guy we wicked oh...see as you exposed this guy for public...the guy has gone to rest sha...#germanstyle!!!
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by drobadebayo: 10:37am On Jul 09, 2014
double0seven:

please stop twisting things... no one is ranting about nurses heading hospitals in US. And Nigerian nurses have neither do they nurse such ambitions. They just want the ones among them who wish to, to be able to be all that they can be in their chosen profession like their counterparts elsewhere.

You talk as if it every nurse that will be able to become a consultant. or are there no guidelines guiding this things?
D you know the guidelines if there are any?
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 09, 2014
infolekan:

This is one of the effects of skin deep education that's just barely scratching the surface.
And this I believe is not a Pharmacist but one of those wannabes.
Amoxil and Augmentin are both in the same class for Pregnancy in all Drug compendium and that's either A or B.
Your mentioning of Paludrine as an alternative gives me no other alternative than to leave you to your sea of knowledge.
The person that clicked that LIKE under your post must be a witch under a spell cos I'm sure the person had no idea why he clicked the like.
NB - I said you're most likely not a Pharmacists because all the Pharmacists I know could easily have studied Med but decided to go for Pharmacy and would not commit this heresy you just committed up here

That's how they short-change themselves when they feel they are equal to a doctors task...ppl should pls know their place to save them unnecessary embarrassment..
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by double0seven(m): 10:50am On Jul 09, 2014
drobadebayo:
D you know the guidelines if there are any?

because I don't know it offhand doesn't mean it don't exist. The nurses and pharmacist who become consultants in the US and UK, don't they have guidelines and requirements. All you need do is follow global best practices.
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by drobadebayo: 10:54am On Jul 09, 2014
We keep mixing things up,again because of half-knowledge.
The Nigerian health system cannot be compared to US or UK at this point.A typical US nurse will not hold scalpels unless she z passing it to a surgeon in the theatre,a physician won't do heart surgery,a physiotherapist won't treat heart failure because he z also in d health system.Everybody understands deir limits and dey stay within.A physio knows he can't earn d same as an orthopedic surgeon except in dreams.A physician knows he can't do knee replacement.
Until we solve dese issues will we be able to start comparing,otherwise the results will be disastrous.
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by double0seven(m): 10:55am On Jul 09, 2014
drobadebayo: We keep ranting about nurses heading hospitals in US.Do they head MGH,Johns hopkins,yale,Mayo clinic,Cleveland?NO(those are the best hospitals in US nd nurses don't head them).

Consultant nurses can be hospital based. I already refuted your claim by the US and UK articles I posted.
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by armadeo(m): 11:01am On Jul 09, 2014
double0seven:
They just want the ones among them who wish to, to be able to be all that they can be in their chosen profession like their counterparts elsewhere.

ings?

Pardon my ignorance please but what exactly is all they can be, what heights to be attained that are being withheld in their chosen proffession.
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by drobadebayo: 11:13am On Jul 09, 2014
double0seven:

because I don't know it offhand doesn't mean it don't exist. The nurses and pharmacist who become consultants in the US and UK, don't they have guidelines and requirements. All you need do is follow global best practices.
I don't wanna jump into conclusions.
Am a doctor,i know the guidelines of becoming a hospital consultant.You should know urs too.i don't wanna beliv u are fighting for a cause u don't know
For a doctor to become a consultant,u need at least 6 years post MBBS training in ur specialty of choice.At the end of which ur appointment is terminated(at d end of training).u can then reapply to that hospital or other hospitals for the post of a consultant."its kinda like hey UCH,am now a fellow of west African college of surgeons,can u gimme a job".
That is why a medical officer(a doctor)even after doing MSc,PhD,diplomas and 30years of service will not dream of becoming a consultant.
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by double0seven(m): 11:18am On Jul 09, 2014
drobadebayo: We keep mixing things up,again because of half-knowledge.
The Nigerian health system cannot be compared to US or UK at this point.A typical US nurse will not hold scalpels unless she z passing it to a surgeon in the theatre,a physician won't do heart surgery,a physiotherapist won't treat heart failure because he z also in d health system.Everybody understands deir limits and dey stay within.A physio knows he can't earn d same as an orthopedic surgeon except in dreams.A physician knows he can't do knee replacement.
Until we solve dese issues will we be able to start comparing,otherwise the results will be disastrous.

Please stop with your twisting of things. Everyone knows that nurses cannot earn as much as doctors. Or Medical Laboratory Scientists earn as much as doctors. And these professionals are aspiring for these goals. why should they. its not like that in any parts of the world.

The problem is that even that which should normally be due to them, Nigerian doctors have been fighting tooth and nails for decades to make sure that it never happens.

The fact is Nurses, pharmacist and physiotherapist become consultants in US, UK etc. Why should it be an abomination here in Nigeria because Nigerian doctors says so?

People don't be deceived, this consultant is closely tied to the fact that Nigerian doctors wants to corner all the opportunities which exists in the health sector to themselves.

For instance, some foreign bodies or world organisations needs a consultant in some pressing heath issues. It could be due to the peculiar nature of the issue, A consultant nurse or medical laboratory scientist or pharmacist will be most appropriate.

Alas, when they start asking around, maybe through some Consultancy Firms, there are no consultants in the entire health sector other than doctors. So only doctors will be able to get these kinds if opportunities.

Those guys....... they know why they are fighting tooth and nail and giving all sorts if ludicrous excuses.

Nigerian doctors will have us believe that is occe a nurse or laboratory scientist becomes a consultant, they will start interfering or overruling the diagnosis or orders of doctors.

Nonsense. if its not happening in other climes, why should it happen here. Many of the benefits of being a Consultant in your field extends beyond the hospitals and doctors knows this fact very well, after all, they've been benefiting from it in multi various ways.
Re: JOHESU Heads To National Industrial Court (NIC) by double0seven(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2014
drobadebayo:
I don't wanna jump into conclusions.
Am a doctor,i know the guidelines of becoming a hospital consultant.You should know urs too.i don't wanna beliv u are fighting for a cause u don't know
For a doctor to become a consultant,u need at least 6 years post MBBS training in ur specialty of choice.At the end of which ur appointment is terminated(at d end of training).u can then reapply to that hospital or other hospitals for the post of a consultant."its kinda like hey UCH,am now a fellow of west African college of surgeons,can u gimme a job".
That is why a medical officer(a doctor)even after doing MSc,PhD,diplomas and 30years of service will not dream of becoming a consultant.

You assume I'm a heath sector practitioner. Well I'm not. it just so happens that I've lives inside a teaching hospital for many many years, so all the politics going onbisvopen to me. I see firsthand what's happening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests / Ewe Nje Oogun Nje- Oogun Ti Ko Je, Ewe Re Lo Kukan / PHOTOS: Unknown Patients At National Hospital, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.