Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,351 members, 7,907,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 04:17 PM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (349678 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo:
if they were clamoring for the girls to go dress "properly", or get a light Hijab on, i see nothing "wahabbi" about that......
putting a scarf one, covering the body properly, that's Muslim. But the Hijab or the Burqa are not African. I don't mind the Hijab but I hate the Burqa. In Guinea they are sometimes referred too as Ninjas. They are growing in numbers.
The scary thing Bororjo was that those acts were carried by Wahhabi.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo:

not only does the land look similar, the people also look alike....
co-incidence?
yea I guess, the good grazing lands of Futa Jallon and Adamawa attracted our people. High altitude and good climate. We can't live in the
wet climates, malaria would do us bad things.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
These are for Fuaman alone.... LOL

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
Fulaman198: Bororojo and OmarBah on a woman besides her ethics what physically do you guys like the most?
I like a woman that respects her husband. I hate it when girls lash out in public and do things to humiliate their husband. That to me is unbearable. Even if a woman is beautiful, if she has a reputation for not being respectful of others I won't get anywhere near her.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo: These are for Fuaman alone.... LOL

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I almost forgot how to speak English

Ummm wow
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo: These are for Fuaman alone.... LOL
where are these two from so I can pack up my things and get ready lol

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
Omarbah:
I like a woman that respects her husband. I hate it when girls lash out in public and do things to humiliate their husband. That to me is unbearable. Even if a woman is beautiful, if she has a reputation for not being respectful of others I won't get anywhere near her.

I agree that's mainly ethics. At the same time though a man must respect his wife as well. When I get married I will do anything for my wife to make her happy though.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
Omarbah:
where are these two from so I can pack up my things and get ready lol

Sorry but I don't share lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
Fulaman198:
shocked
I almost forgot how to speak English
Ummm wow

lol, you are funny....

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:10pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo:

lol, you are funny....

It takes a funny man to know a funny man smiley

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
And for OmarBah

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
as a black american would say, OH LORD HAVE MERCY,
Bororojo, you go kill o shocked LOL

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
hey to Fulaman and Bororojo, I have a question,
what are the different Fulbe clans in Nigeria? I came accross Toronkawa, Sullubawa Fulanis in my readings. Any help with these?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo: And for OmarBah

OmarBah I am sorry about what I said before.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

OmarBah I am sorry about what I said before.
about what ? wink It's all good.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
Omarbah: hey to Fulaman and Bororojo, I have a question,
what are the different Fulbe clans in Nigeria? I came accross Toronkawa, Sullubawa Fulanis in my readings. Any help with these?

Those are just Hausa names of Fulani clans..../
there are numerous Fulani clans in Nigeria and sorrounding countries, and they number into the Tens.... probably up to 40.

Jafun
Aku
Rahaaji
Wollarbe
Yirlabe / Yillaga
Hoorewalde
Ngara'en
Wodaabe
Daneeji
Kesu'en
Ba'en
we'we'be
Goosi
Kiiri'en
Beweji / Bewe'en

many many more......

The largest are the Wollarbe, Yirlaga, Aku and Jafun
The Wollarbe and Yirlaga are Enemies/Rivals

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo:
Those are just Hausa names of Fulani clans..../
there are numerous Fulani clans in Nigeria and sorrounding countries, and they number into the Tens.... probably up to 40.
Jafun
Aku
Rahaaji
Wollarbe
Yillaga
Hoorewalde
Ngara'en
Wodaabe
Daneeji
Kesu'en
Ba'en
we'we'be
Goosi
Kiiri'en
Beweji / Bewe'en
many many more......
The largest are the Wollarbe, Yillaga, Aku and Jafun
The Wollarbe and Yillaga are Enemies/Rivals
what makes them rivals?
I presume the Ba'en are Ba like me. Kesu'en arrived not long ago due to the name of their clan. Daneeji, sounds like it means they are light skinned. LOL
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
Omarbah:
what makes them rivals?
I presume the Ba'en are Ba like me. Kesu'en arrived not long ago due to the name of their clan. Daneeji, sounds like it means they are light skinned. LOL

might i mention that I am limiting myself to just Nigeria's North-East here.
There are any more clans in the North-Weset and Centre of the country.

To your question..... The Wollarbe (Bolaaro) and the Yirlaga (illagajo) are rival clans not only in Nigeria, but also in Cameroon, Chad and elsewhere.
All Fulani clans descend from particular lineages..
It is believed that The Yillaga and Wolarbe are the original two Fulbe clans, they both spread largely principally from Fouta-toro , Massina, Jelgooji to the East, all the way to the Adamawa (in Nigeria and Cameroon) and Sudan. The Yillaga left the massina around the 1400's-1500's to begin their penetration starting from Mubi (Nigeria) in the direction of Maayo Logone and Mayo Kebbi (Cameroun) till the end of the 17th century.…
During the first half of the 17th century that the Yillaga'en arrived in the Diamare (Maroua region), after having kicked the a.s.ses of the Mandara peoples coming from Mubi , Madagali and Guider. You see, the Yirlaga are very fierce and warrior-like in their history. Although Modibbo Adama was a Ba. Infact the leaders of the more influential WollarBe and Yillaga clans opposed the idea that Adama, a member of a minor Ba’en clan, should come to power- today,most of the lamibe of the region are either Wollarbe or Yillaga because of their history. For example, Ardo Njobdi , the founder of Ngaoundere was a Pullo Bolaaro (Singular of Wolarbe) , while i think the Lamido of Garoua is a illagajo . Lamido of Yola (The Overall Lamido of all of Adamawa) is Bah. It's very interesting history and I can go on and on... but for the sake of not boring you, i should stop here.

Ask Fulanis fro Mali, Burkina etc, they know these clans... i am not sure about Guinea

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo:

might i mention that I am limiting myself to just Nigeria's North-East here.
There are any more clans in the North-Weset and Centre of the country.

To your question..... The Wollarbe (Bolaaro) and the Yirlaga (illagajo) are rival clans not only in Nigeria, but also in Cameroon, Chad and elsewhere.
All Fulani clans descend from particular lineages..
It is believed that The Yillaga and Wolarbe are the original two Fulbe clans, they both spread largely principally from Fouta-toro , Massina, Jelgooji to the East, all the way to the Adamawa (in Nigeria and Cameroon) and Sudan. The Yillaga left the massina around the 1400's-1500's to begin their penetration starting from Mubi (Nigeria) in the direction of Maayo Logone and Mayo Kebbi (Cameroun) till the end of the 17th century.…
During the first half of the 17th century that the Yillaga'en arrived in the Diamare (Maroua region), after having kicked the a.s.ses of the Mandara peoples coming from Mubi , Madagali and Guider. You see, the Yirlaga are very fierce and warrior-like in their history. Although Modibbo Adama was a Ba. Infact the leaders of the more influential WollarBe and Yillaga clans opposed the idea that Adama, a member of a minor Ba’en clan, should come to power- today,most of the lamibe of the region are either Wollarbe or Yillaga because of their history. For example, Ardo Njobdi , the founder of Ngaoundere was a Pullo Bolaaro (Singular of Wolarbe) , while i think the Lamido of Garoua is a illagajo . Lamido of Yola (The Overall Lamido of all of Adamawa) is Bah. It's very interesting history and I can go on and on... but for the sake of not boring you, i should stop here.

Ask Fulanis fro Mali, Burkina etc, they know these clans... i am not sure about Guinea
In Guinea they have different clans but most Guinea Fulanis, at least those of my generation living outside of Futa Jallon do not know them. I think it is for the best. Knowing how much Fulbe are warlike, it's better this way. smiley
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
But I do not know of the clans you listed. Maybe the older generations do. Now days, people are classified based on the city they live in.
Thanks for the list though, this has been bothering me for a while.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: so you know better than him?

Very silly from you... before even the Germans and the British were in the region, Fulanis already had a strong presence all over Adamawa, do you know how Adamawa was divided? the British were marching from the West, while the Germans were marching from the east, their forces met near Banyo and Yola, and the border line between German Kameroon and British Nigeria was drawn there..... no consultation whatsoever from the local Fulani population and others like the Mandara, Kirdis, Girzigas, Mambilla etc..... so going by your logic that the British and French had no right to split Cameroon, likewise the British and Germans had no right to Split Adamawa, all of Adamawa and North Provinces of Cameroon should have been with their larger Fulani brethren in Nigeria and West Africa. Since you want to be with your "Bantu brothers" in Central Africa....... we are going by tribal affiliations now, aren't we??..... May i remind you that Northern Cameroon once threatened to spit from South Cameroon and Join Nigeria and Chad.

this was Imperial Adamawa ruled from Nyoola (Yola) before any silly Brits, French or Germans

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
Omarbah: But I do not know of the clans you listed. Maybe the older generations do. Now days, people are classified based on the city they live in.
Thanks for the list though, this has been bothering me for a while.

What has been worrying you for a while, bro?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo:

What has been worrying you for a while, bro?
I was researching the clans on the net for a while. But now I have the answers I was looking for.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo:

Very silly from you... before even the Germans and the British were in the region, Fulanis already had a strong presence all over Adamawa, do you know how Adamawa was divided? the British were marching from the West, while the Germans were marching from the east, their forces met near Banyo and Yola, and the border line between German Kameroon and British Nigeria was drawn there..... no consultation whatsoever from the local Fulani population and others like the Mandara, Kirdis, Girzigas, Mambilla etc..... so going by your logic that the British and French had no right to split Cameroon, likewise the British and Germans had no right to Split Adamawa, all of Adamawa and North Provinces of Cameroon should have been with their larger Fulani brethren in Nigeria and West Africa. Since you want to be with your "Bantu brothers" in Central Africa....... we are going by tribal affiliations now, aren't we??..... May i remind you that Northern Cameroon once threatened to spit from South Cameroon and Join Nigeria and Chad.

this was Imperial Adamawa ruled from Nyoola (Yola) before any silly Brits, French or Germans

Tell him bro
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by adamskutty(m): 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
Omarbah: they have the leppi dressing on, so to our somali guy, stay back abeg lol
those girls set sha cheesy
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by IloveGH: 11:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
Nayah:
But they got past Glory in the 21st Century what about Ghana? When we talk about football in Africa not matter what Cameroon is in there cause they have been regular since 20 years and you? Please leave Cameeoon out of your childish games compare to Nigeria if you want . BTW Cameroon doesn't talk about Ghana because they have no interest for them too

Calm down sis Nayah, I have never seen you hurt like this before wink

Jiggaman was only defending his country, just as you are also defending your country. Did you not see when your countryman said apart from Nigeria the rest of West African countries are useless? That guy is always talking down on Ghana to appease Nigerians. So you need to advise him if you don't want Jiggaman to talk about your dear country Cameroon smiley

BTW, where is Cameroonpride? He was a true warrior for Cameroon on NL cheesy
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

Fulani are about 3 million in Cameroon so it's actually probably higher than 10% maybe more like 12%.
Are you minding him? Fulani 7% in Cameroon..... lolllll (That is so laughable)
there is no source online putting it any less tha 10%. Some put it at around 14%, and that was in the 1970s and 1980's ..... knowing that fulbe are people who spread like fire and that they have some very high birth rates, i doubt Fulani are any less than 18% of Cameroon today.

The Fulanis migrated heavily from Adamaoua region in the early 90s, to the Eastern region of the country, to cities like Bertoua and Garoua-Mboulai that had virtually to Fulbe population at the time..... now they constitute a significant proportion of the population in that region and those towns..... Just live CAMman alone.... he is o his own.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo:
Are you minding hi Fulani 7% in Cameroon..... lolllll
there is no source online putting it any less tha 10%. Some put it at around 14%, and that was in the 1970s and 1980's ..... knowing that fulbe are people who spread like fire and that they have some very high birth rates, i doubt Fulani are any less than 18% of Cameroon today.

The Fulanis migrated heavily from Adamaoua region in the early 90s, to the Eastern region of the country, to cities like Bertoua and Garoua-Mboulai that had virtually to Fulbe population at the time..... now they constitute a significant proportion of the population in that region and those towns..... Just live CAMman alone.... he is o his own.

He just wants Cameroon to be Bantunized lipsrsealed no offence to the Bantus
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
IloveGH:

Calm down sis Nayah, I have never seen you hurt like this before wink

Jiggaman was only defending his country, just as you are also defending your country. Did you not see when your countryman said apart from Nigeria the rest of West African countries are useless? That guy is always talking down on Ghana to appease Nigerians. So you need to advise him if you don't want Jiggaman to talk about your dear country Cameroon smiley

BTW, where is Cameroonpride? He was a true warrior for Cameroon on NL cheesy

He is Camnewton4pres, let's keep this thread to the topic man.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
adamskutty: those girls set sha cheesy
left, middle or right? smiley
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
Omarbah:
In Guinea they have different clans but most Guinea Fulanis, at least those of my generation living outside of Futa Jallon do not know them. I think it is for the best. Knowing how much Fulbe are warlike, it's better this way. smiley

Well, maybe it is better that most of the newer generation dont know them like you said.....
I know Wolarbe (Bolaaro) from Burkina, and they always call me their slave, when i mention my clan wink . Then i hit back... (And hard) and we all laugh in the end.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.