Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,615 members, 7,941,364 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:01 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (852237 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
warrikid: Come o,2day makes it 54 days since my app n bio was done @ ikeja VFS,still no word from cic accra ooO. Una no sure say una go follow me do allnight with dryfasting so Shuuuuuu.
No be only you waka go vfs? Wetin come be our own na? grin Good news awaits you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
warrikid: Come o,2day makes it 54 days since my app n bio was done @ ikeja VFS,still no word from cic accra ooO. Una no sure say una go follow me do allnight with dryfasting so Shuuuuuu.
Expect it latest by Friday. Hope u also dy check ur spam. All is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 9:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
Joe980: No be only you waka go vfs? Wetin come be our own na? grin Good news awaits you.
Loooolz,no be only me o. Na me n documents na. Loozin ma patience man.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 9:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
akosh005:
Expect it latest by Friday. Hope u also dy check ur spam. All is well
Amen oooO bros,I check spam pass inbox sef. My mailbox don taya 4 me sef.lol. #ItWillEndInPraise

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by millymc(f): 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mcjimmy: 2.If you are yet to submit your documents just make sure you submit the document required by the Canadian embassy. I believe for you to get a visa you must have gotten your
Admission letter: which b4 you are being given you must have forwarded your certificate, transcript, Birthcertificate, WAECresult +Scratchcard, which the school applied to must have made verifications before accepting you.
3. For visa I will like to tell everyone that SOP which means STATEMENT OF PURPOSE carries almost the same percentage of attention with Your sponsors documents. Here is it. For you to win the Vo's mind or who ever is assessing the documents, you must specify who you are? according to the documents you have submitted, what you do and what you like doing? Why you have chosen Canada as a place to study, NOTE there must be a sign of sincerity and convincing statement in what you write in you SOP because after reading it , it,s what will decide the Vo's judgement even if you don't have strongSOA. Let them know that you just want to come and study to gain more international knowledge as a leverage in getting a better job in your country. Let them know you are not going to be a problem at all and you can survive in the country, even you can go as long as stating how productive you are and how their country can benefit from your productivity?
They also want to know if you have a work experience in the proposed course of study as well.

These things are what they want to see and not how rich you or your sponsors are. Your intelligence and skill is needed not your financial flamboyance. My brother and my sister got visa with a statements of account of just 2million naira and they both got their visa within a month and few days. We are not as rich as Dangote but they wrote an SOP that is superb. And they now told me that that is what helped them that Canada need serious minded people and skilled productive as well.
oh cool! M guessing you will join them....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jaydave: 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
Joe980: Bros, bia...are you an agent? grin
Lol..Bro Bia Odikwa Science Student U Be? If U B Business Student U Gas Knw Errytin Bout Agency...Types,duties,renumeration,appointment,termination Blablablabla
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
jaydave:
Lol..Bro Bia Odikwa Science Student U Be? If U B Business Student U Gas Knw Errytin Bout Agency...Types,duties,renumeration,appointment,termination Blablablabla
grin he dey show for your lyrics.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
opsynusy: lol peacemaker..wasnt rude to anyone jorrrrrr grin
cool lipsrsealed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mcjimmy: 2.If you are yet to submit your documents just make sure you submit the document required by the Canadian embassy. I believe for you to get a visa you must have gotten your
Admission letter: which b4 you are being given you must have forwarded your certificate, transcript, Birthcertificate, WAECresult +Scratchcard, which the school applied to must have made verifications before accepting you.
3. For visa I will like to tell everyone that SOP which means STATEMENT OF PURPOSE carries almost the same percentage of attention with Your sponsors documents. Here is it. For you to win the Vo's mind or who ever is assessing the documents, you must specify who you are? according to the documents you have submitted, what you do and what you like doing? Why you have chosen Canada as a place to study, NOTE there must be a sign of sincerity and convincing statement in what you write in you SOP because after reading it , it,s what will decide the Vo's judgement even if you don't have strongSOA. Let them know that you just want to come and study to gain more international knowledge as a leverage in getting a better job in your country. Let them know you are not going to be a problem at all and you can survive in the country, even you can go as long as stating how productive you are and how their country can benefit from your productivity?
They also want to know if you have a work experience in the proposed course of study as well.

These things are what they want to see and not how rich you or your sponsors are. Your intelligence and skill is needed not your financial flamboyance. My brother and my sister got visa with a statements of account of just 2million naira and they both got their visa within a month and few days. We are not as rich as Dangote but they wrote an SOP that is superb. And they now told me that that is what helped them that Canada need serious minded people and skilled productive as well.

Hi please check ur email. Sent u one.thx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vinci500: 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
Holmes 007 you chop my eyes ooo cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 10:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 10:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
vinci500: Holmes 007 you chop my eyes ooo cheesy

Calm down. U can send me a pm with ur email add inclusive. Not active on the mode of networks u requested.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by slyk2(m): 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
masterp204:

Yep. Apart from ur tuition, The embassy requires u to have at least $10k for ur accommodation,personal expenses , book supplies etc for one year.

Alright.
Can i say this then - if my sponsor states that she will provide this stated amount of money in her sponsorship letter, all is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
BaaleofMontreal: grin
lol you go fear names..baale of montreal,me sef iyalode of British columbia
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stayboy1602: 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
Joe980: Through which medium did you get this directive? Head to VAC at Oregun with some cash and International passport.
I used online route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by slyk2(m): 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
PlayPays:

First year tuition paid so $29k is a good soa and she has no dependants, if her place is closer to your school she can also state in her letter that you will be staying with her. As it is your sis own makes much sense but you can still submit your landed and shares just to show em sey you sef ain't "I never chop" and not as a co-sponsor.

Thank you once more.
Will the embassy accept my staying with her?
Or do i just make an official arrangement for accommodation?
Lastly, a landed property that is gained by inheritance counts but it is certified by Law Court. It does not have a survey plan.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stayboy1602: 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
akosh005:
I remember ur story, now thing re getting ur way as plan. Go do ur biometric @ vfs, ikeja as instructed by d mail. Note: this biometric has suppose to be done immediately u submitted ur application. Cheers
yes sir it's expfires September 30, so I would hurry, mad get it done, now who knows when dey will cal, for medical hope i wont wait for to long again ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
stayboy1602: I used online route
I know...needed clarification. You rolled with an agent then, that's why I asked. Follow my earlier response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stayboy1602: 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
MrArams:

Go with the letter, your travelling passport and 2 photocopies of the data page
thank you sir, after doing that biometric would I get a tracking number and how long would it ake for them too call me up for medical? Any idea
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tweeny24: 10:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
duntano:
Yes you are required to pay the fees at d VFS..

Can one get the bank draft at UBA?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stayboy1602: 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
Joe980: I know...needed clarification. You rolled with an agent then, that's why I asked. Follow my earlier response.
yes I did all of a sudden a mail just came that I need o go do my biometric after 2 months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
tweeny24:

Can one get the bank draft at UBA?
No more bank draft. Cash does it. They will tell you how much to pay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tweeny24: 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
Joe980: No more bank draft. Cash does it. They will tell you how much to pay.

So I should just go there with cash
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kepner(f): 10:52pm On Sep 23, 2014

Hi

About this 'related work experience to your studies' thing -how are fresh graduates to justify that part of the SOP?? Is it like a compulsory thing to have work experience?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 10:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
tweeny24:

So I should just go there with cash
Yea, go to vfs with cash. Abt 43k thereabout.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 10:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
Kepner:

Hi

About this 'related work experience to your studies' thing -how are fresh graduates to justify that part of the SOP?? Is it like a compulsory thing to have work experience?
Not compulsory...your justification would be the correlation between undergraduate course and your intending graduate program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by SURGEE(m): 10:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
charles316: saxywale,surgee and others

hi guys,is it possible to school in canada with 4m naira(tuition for masters,accommodation,feeding etc)
just like oga saxywale said it all depends on your school and course. what course and is it a uni or college. colleges tend to be cheaper than universities, I stand to be corrected tho. but with that amount you are cool with so many schools for just 1 year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kepner(f): 11:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
jaydave:
objection my Lord!!..Lol...Type Of Agent Known As Universal Agent Works 4 Both Educated And Illiterate Person,has Unrestricted Authority,anything He Does On Behalf Of His Principal Can Be Ratified...In Practice I Think People That Contract D Service Of An Agent The Most,are D Educated Ones...Agency Na Career Ooo,if Ppl Resist 2 Dey Contract Dem Wu Go Con Dey Feed Dem

Lol! I'm guessing you're a lawyer or in a related field
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by SURGEE(m): 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
Omonjoe:
No...I ws not asked for supervisors name only my research interests which they adviced it should be related to one of dia lecturer's research interest
okay thanks I get it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by SURGEE(m): 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
Lonewolf001:

what course are you applyin for and what term am also about applyin to them just need to clarify some of their requirements cos i dont wanna waste my money. does that initial form have to b sent first b4 you can get approval to apply or you can send it all at the same time
applying for civil engineering sir. not much requirement, have a. 2.1 and I think there isnt any preliminary form for my dept at MUN. just contact those you wanna use as referee and make sure they mail the school the appraisal letter. also make sure you send them your transcript through email. apply online and pay lobatan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello ............After completing my online application, I received a confirmation mail tru my cic account that my application was successful and directing me to come for biometrics, but I didn't receive an alert on my personal email I attached with my cic account, Is that how its meant to be? ? ? ? ?
I thought one was to receive an alert via personal email once he/she had a correspondent from the embassy? ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kepner(f): 11:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
opsynusy: lol you go fear names..baale of montreal,me sef iyalode of British columbia

Lmao!...that was a good one cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.