Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,146 members, 7,883,980 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:27 PM

Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? (14158 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by toluxe0075: 6:21am On Aug 11, 2014
Hmmmm!! I'll neither state it has improved nor gotten worse. Let me just say it has been fluctuating, because this moment we're enjoying 18 hours of electricity the next moment we're in total darkness.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by expaboy(m): 6:22am On Aug 11, 2014
Improved in my area.. Some days we ll have 3 days straight electricity supply
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Horlawoomey(m): 6:25am On Aug 11, 2014
3 hours in just 3 days of the week here in Sango area in Ilorin, residents have even decided not to pay again after many petitions and letters.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Analyst2: 6:25am On Aug 11, 2014
It has been good in my area around satellite town in calabar...those guys are trying, imagine since Saturday no blackout up to 1 hour!
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Rikidony(m): 6:26am On Aug 11, 2014
canfrac: constant light here in Eket, AKS

All thanks to the ibom power plant
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by paramedic: 6:31am On Aug 11, 2014
Since January I have been in Enugu State and the light situation here has been awesome!!! 20-22 hours of steady power a day. At worst 16 hours a day.

Added to the good weather here, excellent roads, 24 hours water supply, up to the task security system!!!

South East Dalu nu o!!!!!!!!!

11 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Oluwajemberun(m): 6:32am On Aug 11, 2014
We never gt light since jan 2011 til date gbam[ona ara local govt,oyo state]
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 11, 2014
Light has always been constant in odoguyan, ikorodu.

2 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by mooregan(m): 6:35am On Aug 11, 2014
Light has been awesome here in UYO. We've hd light like neva b4.

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 11, 2014
In the last 3 months it has been terrible, but 4 2 weeks now we get about 18hours daily... We hope it continues...

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by fiverrwin(f): 6:38am On Aug 11, 2014
For where ng or abroad
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by arabbunkum: 6:42am On Aug 11, 2014
It's far better now when compared to what it used to be. However, more still needs to be done. #TeamPH
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by chidex167: 6:43am On Aug 11, 2014
For me I can't really say if it has gotten better ow worse because @ times dey would make you feel like wow '2 day straight and thay haven't taken it and d next week it would be the opposite. So there isn't much difference per say.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Lordseyad(m): 6:43am On Aug 11, 2014
kobonaire: In the beginning there was ....
NEPA :- Never Expect Power Again

Then it "graduated" to a Plc ...
NEPA Plc :- Never Expect Power Again, Please Light Candle

Now they have totally rebranded to
PHCN :- Power Have Commot finish from Nigeria
undecided
They are called 'IBEDC' now ; maybe for Sw anyway
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 11, 2014
otokx: No light in UNIPORT and ALUU, its been so bad since the privatization.

it is deliberate, heaven and earth is still angry with you guys.

life is light!

2 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by kstyle2(m): 6:45am On Aug 11, 2014
Well, i'm still having uninterupted pwr failure
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by gratiaeo(m): 6:45am On Aug 11, 2014
Its worst here in my area.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Tonytonic(m): 6:48am On Aug 11, 2014
no light in Asaba,Delta state.#save Asaba

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by upko: 6:51am On Aug 11, 2014
No Light for five days now and counting.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by mazizitonene(m): 6:52am On Aug 11, 2014
na alakahia light dey reign now o...I even sleep wake up with lightgrin...but I bn dey hear say aluu and choba bn dey get light na undecided
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Tonytonic(m): 6:52am On Aug 11, 2014
No light in Asaba,Delta state.#save Asaba

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Barselonia(m): 6:55am On Aug 11, 2014
u are right ooo, I stay aluu area
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Barselonia(m): 6:56am On Aug 11, 2014
my area light is so gooood so tayy my uncle pikin dey ask me What are The nepa pole made for?.
is it network mast
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Sijo01(f): 6:56am On Aug 11, 2014
Improved ko, approved ni. still the same in my area o. nothing to write home about.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by mazizitonene(m): 6:57am On Aug 11, 2014
GoldStandard: I can't say...light is always improved in rainy season! Its dry season we will know
undecidedseriously ??......nepa wey dey fear rain pass vandalism.....na for dry season d light suppose dey sef if @ all
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by 9ijaprince(m): 6:59am On Aug 11, 2014
Very bad here in yenagoa.we use to have light 18 to 22 hours daily but since Ph distribution company came in it has become a downward trend.notwithstanding the fact that we pay higher rate to them.the only time it looks like we enjoy constant power is when Mr President is in the state
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by kentAire(m): 6:59am On Aug 11, 2014
REPORTING LIVE FROM KUJE, ABUJA !!!!!! the light here is very good, average of 20hr per day. It is even better in APO.
#toomuchlite

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by StealthyMe(m): 7:00am On Aug 11, 2014
The situation seems to have improved...

though we only need to look across our street to see there's been power from morning to night before we get annoyed again ; due to theft & destruction of transformers by officials because of Greed.

Their greed and destruction tendencies have also increased. undecided
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by kobonaire(m): 7:04am On Aug 11, 2014
Lordseyad: They are called 'IBEDC' now ; maybe for Sw anyway
ok, I believe the parent company is phcn has been broken into regional distribution companies:-
Abuja Distribution Company
Benin Distribution Company
Eko Distribution Company
Enugu Distribution Company
Ibadan Distribution Company
Ikeja Distribution Company
Jos Distribution Company
Kaduna Distribution Company
kano Distribution Company
Portharcourt Distribution Company
Yola Distribution Company
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Holding_Company_of_Nigeria
we await in earnest anticipation for continuous electricity
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by justineu(m): 7:06am On Aug 11, 2014
mazizitonene: undecidedseriously ??......nepa wey dey fear rain pass vandalism.....na for dry season d light suppose dey sef if @ all
they is lite in rainin season dan dry season. Why? Bcus d dam providing current will be filled up and they is enov power wen dam is full, I tink d problem we might be avin is old material use in transmittin d power..
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Aidy97(f): 7:09am On Aug 11, 2014
Hm
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Aidy97(f): 7:10am On Aug 11, 2014
The power has improved but the bill they brot during the change is high enuf to rent an apartment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From Nigerian Governors Forum Meeting Held Yesterday In Abuja / Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) / GEJ Cuts Feeding Cost By ₦90M & Drops Plan To Buy ₦280M Exotic Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.