Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,145 members, 7,883,977 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:19 PM

Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? (14156 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by ayukdaboss(m): 10:25am On Aug 11, 2014
Tonylyte:
Oga check your transformer. i came to ogoja in cross river state abt 2months ago, and have been here all dis while, i can tell you that the light situation here is far far better than what we experienced in the past. U knw the distance from ogoja to the state capital(calabar) is like ogoja to anambra state(i.e journey accross 2 states), yet we've got good supply of electricity, you in the state capital should be doing better.

The company supplying light to my area might be different from yours.

Btw make I check my transformer? How
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Perfecter4real(m): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2014
Yes in ogoja local govt of cross river state we have constant power supply.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by begwong: 10:35am On Aug 11, 2014
Tremendously.My problem now is how to regulate the high voltage most times as my stabilizer only stops and i have no option of using any appliance in the house again.

Heard that d workers they work seriously now not as when it was govt owned
grin

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 11, 2014
Is there a benefit for having likes?
adebayor1490: Like if you think that d guy above me is only looking for likes

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by UjSizzle(f): 11:01am On Aug 11, 2014
I had power for 22hrs yesterday and scared shiitless. Pardon my pessimism, but when things get this good in Nigeria, a bubble burst is imminent.

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nafikowa: 11:01am On Aug 11, 2014
My area at Rumumasi, PH has gone from bad to worst. 3 straight days now no light.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Sophiatabitha(f): 11:16am On Aug 11, 2014
Shoo electricity still dey exist. Your bulb shine you no happy. We never see, hear or even smell light for one whole year for my area.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by hayoakins(m): 11:17am On Aug 11, 2014
NO!

Thank you.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by omah123(m): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2014
nothing change in my area here ANKPA
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Tonylyte(m): 11:34am On Aug 11, 2014
ayukdaboss:

The company supplying light to my area might be different from yours.

Btw make I check my transformer? How
You are right, the distributors are different...the people here are under ikom unit. Sometimes na transformer dey jonse sha.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Ask4delaw(m): 11:39am On Aug 11, 2014
it has really improved in my area ogba aguda lagos, my neighbours are even complaining that it is too regular cuz, usually we recharge once every two or three months (we r usin prepaid meter)) but now it is every month.

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Dcmg(m): 11:42am On Aug 11, 2014
Massive Improvement here in Uyo.I come dey pity my Generator
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by legalwealth(m): 11:45am On Aug 11, 2014
Bolt3: Since power was sold out the light situation has steadily become worse in my house. I want to know if anyone has a similar experience. I also want to know the reason for this, could it be because of pipeline vandalism or the increase power consumption due to investments in the manufacturing sector or any other reason. Please don't just view, contribute.

I must surely say that it has really improved.
Kudos for privatization of our power section.
GEJ for life please! !!
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Sweetlemon(f): 11:51am On Aug 11, 2014
GentleMimi: NOOOOO!!! The only thing i see on the rise is the bill...outrageous,i must say. angry

The OP asked a simple question,which deserves a simple answer. What has PDP or the recent governorship election got to do with this discuss? Light don improve in ya area abi e still dey as hin dey before,abi e don kpai kpatakpata?

And who is in charge of providing the power we are talking about here? PDP (Through the FG) or GentleMimi or Sweetlemon?

All these wannabe GEJites sef. It's like they wear some kind of glasses that prevents them from seeing beyond their noses.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Josh316(m): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2014
OP,

First of all, you need to tell us where your area is. Thats the only way to compare any challenges you have.

Secondly, Nigerians need to understand that this is a new era. You dont have to sit down and keep sulking about the power situation. Walk up to your service provider to discuss the challenges you have in your area, rather than assume that it is a general issue. it could well be limited to your sub-station.

Two years ago, the light situation in my area was very bad. I naturally assumed it was a general thing till i went to the office of the Electricity company to ask what the issue was. They now informed me that they were carrying out some equipment overhaul and it would take a few months to complete the project.

Now, the light situation in my area is fairly stable and way better than two years ago.

Residents in Lagos will have more issues to deal with because the defunct NEPA did a horrible job with substations and power lines. Most of the high density areas will experience more blackouts because they will need to overhaul some sub-stations and transmission lines completely. No thanks to illegal connections and obsolete equipment.

2 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Sweetlemon(f): 11:55am On Aug 11, 2014
Power has sure been a lot better in my area. Ice block don fridge............... since the rains started of course! Gullible Nigerians!

mtcheeeeew
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by rezzy: 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
Since i moved to Igando new town in december last year, If i sum up all the hours of light, its not up to 1000hrs or in months its not up to 2mnths. Through out July, we didnt use NEPA light up to 4days. Then this August is just 2days. Im waiting for them to come and disconnect our light.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by HopeAtHand: 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
otokx: No light in UNIPORT and ALUU, its been so bad since the privatization.

I hereby appoint you Mayor of ALUU

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by pingpong1: 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
I have had power in Benin City for the past 24hrs non stop.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Deattorney: 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
chiefololade: 16-18 hours of light in Offa Kwara State, not that bad.
Same here in ilorin
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by chamboy(m): 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
The light is Just inconsistent. No huge different Since 1999
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
GenBuhari: Is there a benefit for having likes?
NO
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by 360musicng(m): 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
adebayor1490: Like if you think that d guy above me is only looking for likes

i strongly suggest that you be deported to liberia
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=]

i strongly suggest that you be deported to liberia[/quote] To come and join you? NO
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by mooregan(m): 1:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
lyntiffany: My love(Ima mi) your 360° right, enjoying it like never before Uyo rocks.
Hehehehehehe. I don come get Ima for NL grin. Abadie?
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by lacidi: 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Yomieluv: Went to my fiancee side at Ogun state-Abeokuta since Friday night till this morning,no flash,or blink of the electricity,and not that their transformer has fault..Electricity here is nightmare.
Ok, so what about your own side?
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by lyntiffany(f): 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
mooregan:
Hehehehehehe. I don come get Ima for NL grin. Abadie?
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by appliedscience(m): 2:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
i sincerely hope and pray nigeria gets dis power issue right.light is life!
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Rikidony(m): 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Parliamentary
ok but power supose shele for that side nw
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
Vote GEJ for 2O15 my ass, after all the subsidy money, no account for anything, don't be deceived my people, the light you are seeing now its because of the raining season, it has been like that ever since I was born. Nobody should come here and tell me to vote for vampire blood sucking president. Evil people everywhere and selfishness in the name of tribes.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by HuJJC(m): 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
My naija ppl, Make una take am easy and give it time. The privatized power sector will improve gradually, they need to fix a lot of dilapidated,archaic,primitive,outdated NEPA/PHCN equipment over the miserable years in the hands of Govt. So don't expect magic or work ASAP. But expect to pay more to use light 24hrs as it is obtainable in the western world, when it is enjoyment time. It's going to be real business. Electricity is never cheap. Soon It's going to be free Meter for all to avoid estimated bills.. GE America announced their interest to invest billions into the power sector. I bet you Nigeria will be the best country with the best electricity service in the world. Telecom is a good example of what privatization can do in the long run. It just works wonders.

Thanks GEJ!! GEJ is the best thing that happened to Naija.

GEJ YOUR NAME SHALL NEVER BE ERASED FROM THE BOOK OF LIFE!! GEJ UNTIL NAIJA GETS BETTER!! WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT.

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by legacyint: 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
U should consider alternative means of energy,i currently use the fueless generator,its efficient and reliable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sen. Dino To Bello: Stop The Plans To Sell Kogi Properties Or Face Legal Actions / FALSE USA Moves To Checkmate Dollar Stockpile In Africa FALSE / Reps Fume As MUSTAPHA Maihaja, NEMA DG Spends N13bn In One Month

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.