Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,144 members, 7,883,976 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:18 PM

Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? (14155 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Louis055(m): 7:10am On Aug 11, 2014
It is worse now.. Its just like going from fry pan t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ fire.. Out of 24hrs in a day, they give us light for 8hrs and outage for 16hrs(2hrs on, 4hrs off).. This is seriously bad compared to wat we call steady light we were MANAGING bfor.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by shikshark: 7:11am On Aug 11, 2014
ive seen a similar thread sometime ago where i commented " we normally celebrate if we enjoy one hour of electricity in my area" but now its worse. The last time i saw public electricity was 29th july 2014 we burn fuel all the time. i will give a simple illustratuin........ when i got to the area in january my meter unit was 62, and right now its 40 units. its that bad! EBENEZERY IBADAN
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by GoldStandard: 7:14am On Aug 11, 2014
mazizitonene: undecidedseriously ??......nepa wey dey fear rain pass vandalism.....na for dry season d light suppose dey sef if @ all

Dead serious bro! When it rains, they take the light cos of thunder n lightning! When it stops, the bring it! Like we have had for 15hrs constant since yesterday! In dry season...they say no water to turn the turbines! So We only get it @night! This is my observation year in, year out!

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by danielmichael(m): 7:19am On Aug 11, 2014
Omor light in akwa ibom state no be moi moi ah swr..ma fone dnt get off easily agen..omor power sector don improve oo
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by englishmart(m): 7:20am On Aug 11, 2014
24 hours power
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by daryoor(m): 7:22am On Aug 11, 2014
....that's why i decided not to vote for gej in 2015. i tried charging my phone with promises...charge fire! sad
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Stuffyj(m): 7:22am On Aug 11, 2014
It has gotten worse here.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Ekans: 7:23am On Aug 11, 2014
Come to Nnewi South axis of Anambra state and witness first hand PHCN wickedness.Month to month no light unless they are fixing a problem for those in Nnewi north, they will now flash it for the duration of such a repair.God dey watch them in 3D.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by freshness2020: 7:24am On Aug 11, 2014
Bolt3:
Am serious here, this is the only way I can know if the power situation has improved.
If its the latter, will ♈όϋ fix it ?
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by nodullin(m): 7:25am On Aug 11, 2014
Being honest with you... Power has improved in my area within the last month.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by irukandji89(m): 7:26am On Aug 11, 2014
Yomieluv: Went to my fiancee side at Ogun state-Abeokuta since Friday night till this morning,no flash,or blink of the electricity,and not that their transformer has fault..Electricity here is nightmare.

power outages in abk is at another level entirely
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Emmaomotob(m): 7:31am On Aug 11, 2014
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Emmaomotob(m): 7:32am On Aug 11, 2014
Worse!!!I Think Badluck Ebola Jolanthan is conserving our eratic power supply for 2015 things tongue
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by abayomi23(f): 7:34am On Aug 11, 2014
At wole oluseye street,moses ajulo street , cambel area, arije, dalemo alakuko , ogun state , Its absolute darkness.since last year it has been living in darkness.phcn kept bring bill without light.terrible and sadning.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by johnstar(m): 7:34am On Aug 11, 2014
otokx: No light in UNIPORT and ALUU, its been so bad since the privatization.
did u juz say 'aluu' dat place una knw need light @ll
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by henryutd(m): 7:37am On Aug 11, 2014
Worst in Omagba Onitsha though improved in other areas around. EEDC is very wicked.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 11, 2014
GoldStandard: I can't say...light is always improved in rainy season! Its dry season we will know
Rubbish! 80 to 90% of the power supply in Nigeria is from gas driven turbines. No gas, no power. If there is gas, no functional transformer, no power.

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 11, 2014
YoursGEJ: The deadline for how many million megawatts sef was December 2011. Dem come push am to December 2012. Push am again to December 2013. I just dey wait for the new deadline grin grin grin
The topic is clear. Face the topic or mess off
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by acenazt: 7:42am On Aug 11, 2014
kobonaire: In the beginning there was ....
NEPA :- Never Expect Power Again

Then it "graduated" to a Plc ...
NEPA Plc :- Never Expect Power Again, Please Light Candle

Now they have totally rebranded to
[b]PHCN :- Please Hold Candle Naija
undecided
pl
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by okotv(m): 7:43am On Aug 11, 2014
cant say cause it might improve this week then worsen the next
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by bigemmmybig(m): 7:46am On Aug 11, 2014
omor for ma area in kd n jos after installing a new transformer n a new pawa plant, lyt na sure tin oooo. like 20-24hrs a day. tnk God o grin
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Kog45(m): 7:53am On Aug 11, 2014
Horlawoomey: 3 hours in just 3 days of the week here in Sango area in Ilorin, residents have even decided not to pay again after many petitions and letters.
Sango area in Ilorin is the worst hit in electricity supply in Nigeria to the extent that all phcn marketers covering this area who know nothing about electricity supply were disengaged due to No Light No Pay because sango residents cease to pay electricity bill.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by kendrick93(m): 7:58am On Aug 11, 2014
Bolt3: Since power was sold out the light situation has steadily become worse in my house. I want to know if anyone has a similar experience. I also want to know the reason for this, could it be because of pipeline vandalism or the increase power consumption due to investments in the manufacturing sector or any other reason. Please don't just view, contribute.
i will its been a 85% improvement in my area tbh.. Gej is really trying. but still more work still needs to be done
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by kendrick93(m): 8:00am On Aug 11, 2014
johnstar: did u juz say 'aluu' dat place una knw need light @ll
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 11, 2014
otokx: No light in UNIPORT and ALUU, its been so bad since the privatization.
ALUU should have been in extinction tey tey..Don't know it still exist
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Itoroetti(m): 8:07am On Aug 11, 2014
in akaso(obigbo) and eket(akwa ibom),it is almost 23 hrs aday
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 11, 2014
Rikidony:
Bros wre are you staying cos here in Calabar is like 17 to 18 hours a day. i cnt remember the last time i paid to charge my phone. infact since yesterday theres still power till now

GEJ TILL 2019 cool cool

GEJ TILL 2023.
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 11, 2014
Lekki phase 1 hardly blinks, the power is steady...
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by valmunich(m): 8:20am On Aug 11, 2014
Michael Faraday seriously needs to come And reside in Asaba
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Horlawoomey(m): 8:23am On Aug 11, 2014
Kog45: Sango area in Ilorin is the worst hit in electricity supply in Nigeria to the extent that all phcn marketers covering this area who know nothing about electricity supply were disengaged due to No Light No Pay because sango residents cease to pay electricity bill.
.... Thank God you bear me witness
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by anonimi: 8:25am On Aug 11, 2014
bushdoc9919: The problem with the power supply in Nigeria is twofold.First, there is the distribution aspect.The transmission infrastructure is old, outdated and not functioning well.

Second is generation.Even if transmission infrastructure is fixed....5000, even 10000mw is not enough for Nigeria. We need at least 50,000mw to have 24/7 power supply(my estimate) and grow our industries. That is where Nuclear power,green energy.....even all those refuse dumps come in.

Thank you and may I add that it is not going to improve massively OVERNIGHT.
It will take a very long time to rectify the cumulative rot of many decades of CLUELESS military rule.

2 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Abdullnimo(m): 8:26am On Aug 11, 2014
Power supply i worst now and this is raining season i wonder what will happen when d rain is gone sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap 15 Students Of Bakura Agriculture College, Zamfara, 4 Killed / EFCC Denies Obiano Bail, May Get Court Order To Hold Him / El-Rufai, Bello: Onokpasa Jesutega Slams APC Members Over "Dumping Of Allies"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.