Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:24 AM

I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan (39973 Views)

Drama As Dino Melaye Addresses Saraki As Speaker / Yakubu Dogara Holds Thanksgiving Service For His New Position As Speaker (photo) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by brown3: 8:18am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were seated there urging them on as they ridiculed awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to come when you visited a great university named after him, as the students chanted and called you and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of your government as you proudly announced to the world as if they were the only regions you that got you elected. Even if they were, should a president be making such divisive statements? I was never a tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for the huge political relevance we are enjoying today. Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured you and only you as he would do your bidding just as the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the people and dropped a transformer too weak to carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show you that you would have just empowered an individual yoruba instead of the whole of them. What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your government enriches individuals only. We are not like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their tribes men political posts. What we want are developments. Am glad you failed in installing mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes anymore.
u can cry to hell. U and ur juju master Tinubu and ur terrorist associate Buhari can not stop the anoited moving train gej. gej till 2019, if u dont like fresh air, go and die.

6 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 29, 2014
masterpower:

52% OF THE POPULATION OF LAGOS ARE IGBOS. ARE BOASTING WITH THE IGBOS POPULATION?

GEJ WILL 2015 GENERAL ELECTION.
you mean ibos are 52% of the population of france? Mugu

21 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by anonimi: 8:32am On Nov 29, 2014
SuperModerator:

Mr President indirectly encouraging tribalism.
so Yoruba people should have voted for one of their own

Did he tell a LIE
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 29, 2014
Chai, see as FAYOSE they throw way FIRE on top OBASANJO's head.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by anonimi: 8:37am On Nov 29, 2014
django1:
The emergence of tambuwal portends more advantages to the Yoruba nation.

HOW is this so?
What are these advantages to the yoruba nation

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Donmarrius: 8:49am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were seated there urging them on as they ridiculed awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to come when you visited a great university named after him, as the students chanted and called you and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of your government as you proudly announced to the world as if they were the only regions you that got you elected. Even if they were, should a president be making such divisive statements? I was never a tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for the huge political relevance we are enjoying today. Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured you and only you as he would do your bidding just as the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the people and dropped a transformer too weak to carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show you that you would have just empowered an individual yoruba instead of the whole of them. What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your government enriches individuals only. We are not like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their tribes men political posts. What we want are developments. Am glad you failed in installing mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes anymore.

"......its a bargain for the huge political relevance we are enjoying today".
My people use to say,'when a grasshopper is dripping oil,while being dried for eating,the grasshopper will be saying,wow,am full of oil'.your statement above depicts lack of self-truth.
If you think that,north riding on you,to become president,is 'political relevance',then you should wake up Awolowo,and ask him the meaning of 'use and dump'.

Let me give you something to think;
Should Gej get re-elected in 2015,he will determine who succeeds him,and of course who will deputize his choosen candidate.And of course,its gona be Middle-belt/SE. What it means is that,you and your people,have NOT started crying.
In as much as am not stopping you from crying,let me give you something to go home with,and you are free to qoute me anywhere;
As long Febuary election is concerned,it is "a win or break" election.
You can cry more now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Donmarrius: 8:56am On Nov 29, 2014
SuperModerator:

Mr President indirectly encouraging tribalism.
so Yoruba people should have voted for one of their own
Then why crying of marginalization?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by anonimi: 8:57am On Nov 29, 2014
Donmarrius:

My people use to say,'when a grasshopper is dripping oil,while being dried for eating,the grasshopper will be saying,wow,am full of oil'.your statement above depicts lack of self-truth.
If you think that,north riding on you,to become president,is 'political relevance',then you should wake up Awolowo,and ask him the meaning of 'use and dump'.

Should Gej get re-elected in 2015,he will determine who succeeds him,and of course who will deputize his choosen candidate.And of course,its gona be Middle-belt/SE. What it means is that,you and your people,have NOT started crying.
In as much as am not stopping you from crying,let me give you something to go home with,and you are free to qoute me anywhere;
You can cry more now.

Most yorubas fail to see how this is almost a replay of Alimi's betrayal of Aare Afonja that made Ilorin a fulani town with an Emir shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Donmarrius: 9:01am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
how did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole favour the yorubas during their tenure as speakers? GEJ is only regretting that he was never able to raise his boy-boy to that post as tambuwal is giving him nightmares. We don't need posts, we need development.
Then why are your people crying marginalization?.
Why are you people grandstanding to deputize a northern Presidential candidate?.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Donmarrius: 9:03am On Nov 29, 2014
anonimi:

Most yorubas fail to see how this is almost a replay of Alimi's betrayal of Aare Afonja that made Ilorin a fulani town with an Emir shocked
Please bro,help me wake them up.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by coolvitus(m): 9:07am On Nov 29, 2014
Ok
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Pedagogue: 9:08am On Nov 29, 2014
GEJ chose the wrong audience for his harum-scarum comment. I will explain.

1. Yorubas do not really care that the present Speaker of the HOR is not Yoruba.
if GEJ has forgotten, I will remind him. Dimeji Bankole was massively rejected by his ppl in 2011. Of course, Yorubas, especially his constituents, knew that a return to the HOR for Bankole means a return to the Speakership seat. But what did they do? They rejected him.

2. It is arguable that Yorubas are far more politically wise than any ethnic group in Nigeria. They know too well that politicians use the 'ethnic' and 'zoning' card to benefit themselves and their families. After all, what did Bankole and Etteh do for them than the offcut record that they were Yoruba Speakers?

3. GEJ was subtly trying to get at APC for not supporting a Yoruba Speaker. But Mr. President, that political sentiment can only work in the South East/ South South where ethnic bigotry is so much entrenched. I am sorry if anyone feels offended by this. Sadly, it is the truth.

B) Perhaps GEJ has also forgotten that Mulikat Adeola was d candidate of the Patience Jonathan led presidency...and that was the MAJOR reason Tambuwal lost. If the man (cnt remember his name) that had been endorsed by the S'West PDP had not been forced to step down for Mulikat Adeola, Tambuwal would have probably lost.

4. GEJ has never been pretentious about his dislike for Yorubas. The facts are there. If I have the time, I can open my very first thread on NL to justify this assertion. But for now, can you quickly race your minds down to his many comments on Lagos; the way he derided elected Yoruba Governors as "rascals" (can he describe Gov's in d East/S'South or Northern Governors that way?) etc

5. If APC are to be blamed for d loss of the Speakership position, then GEJ has finally confirmed his incompetence. His party/had/has the majority in the HOR. So who's to be blamed for not using the PDP machinery to produce 'his Speaker' ? It just does not make sense.

6. Assuming APC is to be blamed for truncating Mulikat Adeola's ambition, are they also responsible for the third class positions GEJ has given to Yoruba in his govt? Out of all the ministers from the S'west zone, only Aganga (Edo and Lagos) and Johnson (Ondo) have 'moderate ' positions. All others are Ministers of States; relegated to the background. His kinsmen & women are occupying d. most significant positions; Madueke, Petroleum (Bayelsa) ; IWEALA , c. economy(Delta); Onoemelen , Works (Edo) ... I can go on and on.

GEJ chose the wrong environment:
The Great OAU.I'm a proud alumnus.
To OAU undergrads: tnx 4 telling GEJ d TRUTH via your boes and peltings.

A president under whose watch Universities were under locks and keys for 6 months deserves that treatment...A president under whose watch all Federal Polytechnics were shut for 1 full year deserves more than that!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 29, 2014
Why is this obnoxious weasel of a president always bringing up tribal sentiments in all his utterances?

This guy's fedora hat has made his brain matter perpetually non-functional. And he's everything a leader shouldn't be.

What a turd! grin

23 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by omenka(m): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2014
Here he comes with his ethnic politicking again!! This man is totally shameless. Your ethnoreligious style of canvassing support isn't gonna fly in the SW Jonathan. Get that into your head Mr President.

8 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Evathyst(f): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2014
Story for d gods...

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Firefire(m): 9:11am On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
The only reason I respect Tinubu is the way he masterfully brainwashed some Yoruba youths into believing that their problems is Jonathan instead of him. A powerful speakership Jonathan gave yorubas, Tinubu connived and threw it away for selfish reasons.
No matter how long a night last, their must be day break.

Beeni, alakisa to un jo loru, bo pe ile a mo.

The earlier my Yoruba clan recognised the selfishness in Tinubu the earlier we can stop his evil plans.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by smallJagaban: 9:13am On Nov 29, 2014
masterpower:

52% OF THE POPULATION OF LAGOS ARE IGBOS. ARE BOASTING WITH THE IGBOS POPULATION?

GEJ WILL 2015 GENERAL ELECTION.

FROM 76%-56%- 46%
HOW MANY EBO WILL NOW REMAIN IN South East IF EBO MAKE 52% OF LAGOS POPULATION?

90% WILL BE BETTER

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by juman(m): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2014
shegsky:
Chai, see as FAYOSE they throw way FIRE on top OBASANJO's head.

Because obasanjo is a very bad man.

Obj is insincere person.

Also obasanjo failure as president disgraced yoruba people.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Firefire(m): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2014
anonimi:

I pray the scale shall fall off soon.

Tinubu's evil and selfish ambition shall fail Inshall Allah.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by gen2briz(m): 9:16am On Nov 29, 2014
gratiaeo:
Nothing will stop GEJ winning Lagos, Ogun, Ekit, Ondo. Forget Tinubu gara gara

What about Osun? Abi you omit am ni
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by baski92(m): 9:16am On Nov 29, 2014
We fvcking rule Nigeria, as for you Mr president enjoy Dat seat why it last... No be only u Walker come
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
The only reason I respect Tinubu is the way he masterfully brainwashed some Yoruba youths into believing that their problems is Jonathan instead of him. A powerful speakership Jonathan gave yorubas, Tinubu connived and threw it away for selfish reasons.
No matter how long a night last, their must be day break.
pls how did tinubu do this , was he a member of the PDP or the house of reps. It was the north whose Jonathan is still worshipping made this move to remove that lady.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Donmarrius: 9:17am On Nov 29, 2014
django1:
Lol, Jonathan is a joke. I guess he forgot who he is talking to, we Yoruba can't be fooled by this nonsense. The emergence of tambuwal portends more advantages to the Yoruba nation than a speakership that will serve the purpose of a drunkard and nothing else. He expected us to play the short game and lose in the long run? Jokes.
Is it because of the promise of Vice president?.lets see how it works!.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by smallJagaban: 9:17am On Nov 29, 2014
Donmarrius:

You can cry more now.

JONATHAN WILL HANDOVER BACK TO KING MAKERS IN PDP AND WHO ARE THE KINGMAKERS? YORUBA AND HAUSA

5 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 29, 2014
PEOPLE DECEIVING PEOPLE ........ [PDP]

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by christopher123(m): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2014
now they have turned to mockibirds and snitches

wish em luck this time around
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Firefire(m): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Obin.osco.py, Se.un and Ish.ilov.e! How many times would this make frontpage?? Meanwhile many pro APC and anti jonathan threads are littered on the politics section.

Make una fear gods!!

Must you always complain

You need deliverance. sad angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 29, 2014
Jonathan is a foool. Na now he realise ehn?

6 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by vedaxcool(m): 9:20am On Nov 29, 2014
You Regrets are only begining, when you locked in cell you would have long quite time for regretting!

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by juman(m): 9:21am On Nov 29, 2014
If goodluck jonathan rule this our dear country for another 20 years, the country would still be rudderless and still on its knees.

What are the projects he completed in the last five years?

He could not improve electricity provision while the population is growing very fast.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sowore To Take up Volunteer Teaching Job In Abuja / Ebi Okoyen Buys A New Car For His Wife (Photos) / Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode Record Landslide Victory At Polling Units - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.