Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:22 AM

I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan (39985 Views)

Drama As Dino Melaye Addresses Saraki As Speaker / Yakubu Dogara Holds Thanksgiving Service For His New Position As Speaker (photo) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by politifact: 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
So, fashola that deported his fellow citizens despite knowing that he's acting against the constitution of the country is a disciplined person abi? Now I know I've been arguing with a brainless fellow.
phockphock or whatever you call urself,I am very sure u are one of those brainless igbo's who supports the drunk from otuoke for ethnic reasons,don't worry,feb 14 2015 is around the corner...#sendbackGEJtoOTUOKE2015

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
So, fashola that deported his fellow citizens despite knowing that he's acting against the constitution of the country is a disciplined person abi? Now I know I've been arguing with a brainless fellow.
what kind of man are you , how do you think really ? a govt deports some class of individuals with a reason and you say he is acting against the constitution , where is it in the constitution a state has to harbor destitutes from other states . fasola came out with reasons , if you have a problem with that , take him to court. the debate is about jonathan . you obviously know the whole truth but why do you shy away from it ? you need real counselling man for real.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by t2luv1: 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:

The only irony with your statement is that the only part of the country that is less integrated is the Southeast. I always wonder why that is the case.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by dabossman(m): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
Wow, in just one speech GEJ insulted both the North and the South West. He preferred a Yoruba speaker but the same Yorubas where too selfish and conspired against their own. In other words Yorubas are conniving. And why did he prefer a Yoruba person over a Northern? They are not good enough to hold that position? Oh, a "ceremonial" VP is enough for them ba? Must the President indulge in such tribal comments?

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
what kind of man are you , how do you think really ? a govt deports some class of individuals with a reason and you say he is acting against the constitution , where is it in the constitution a state has to harbor destitutes from other states . fasola came out with reasons , if you have a problem with that , take him to court. the debate is about jonathan . you obviously know the whole truth but why do you shy away from it ? you need real counselling man for real.
See frustrations, you're the one who brought fashola into this matter, now you're crying.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
politifact:
phockphock or whatever you call urself,I am very sure u are one of those brainless igbo's who supports the drunk from otuoke for ethnic reasons,don't worry,feb 14 2015 is around the corner...#sendbackGEJtoOTUOKE2015
Disappointment awaits you and your like.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by politifact: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
may God the almighty run your life the way jonathan is running nigeria,say amen if you are indeed sincere.crazy fool!

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by t2luv1: 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
So you couldn't put a Yoruba person as the Speaker. So what happen with CBN Governor, Finance Minister, Chief Justice, Oil Minister, IGP,Aviation Minister, etc. I hate it when someone tries to play people for a foul. Just admit it, you never had an intention of doing anything. Now the arithmetic for re-election just ain't adding up with only the Southeast, and SS. You now realize you need the Southwest. You tried so much to appeased the people in the North throughout your tenure thinking that at the end of the day they will be with you. Your calculation was based entirely on screwing up the people of Southwest. You forgot one thing, the North were never going to be with you. They wanted what you hard. You had a good coalition but you threw it away.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by politifact: 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
may God the almighty run your life the way jonathan is running nigeria,say amen if you are indeed sincere.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
whitecat2:
This dumb president thinks he can foool Yoruba again! Jonathan, you had no control over who was chosen as the speaker so you couldn't have given the position to Yoruba or anyone. However, you could have given Yoruba one of those "juicy" appointments if you didn't hate them. We know your game Jonathan and we are not buying it.

Your asss is grass come feb 14th!
big foool,how da hell did gej foool u guys? Wasnt it Tinubu who traded away da speakership to da northern b..stards thru his yoruba errand pigeons da bulk of which constituted that rotten party them belong to for some only God knows what?! U guys trully suck n i wish someone will just blow off ur empty diickheads..
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by darediamond(m): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
The same piglike powerfull elements in our Yoruba region that waged war secretly gainst Abiola through Babangida and northern leders back then are still alive today.
They have much power now that we practice Presidential system as against Parliamentry that do pave way for masses to easily catch them with there dubious ideologies and acts.
Tinubu is one of those elements. There re others too.
How I wish Nigeria abolish the presidential system for Parlimentry system. The likes of Tinubu in SW, SS and SE will get hammered by the people with ease. It's sure.
::::::
Keep kicking against Jonathan and let those destroyers in the North take over, then history will repeat itself again. But this time BRUTALLY!
Do you think those born to rule jiahd war mongers likes any one us in the South?
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by darediamond(m): 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
anonimi:

HOW is this so?
What are these advantages to the yoruba nation

Abi o. Elep me ask them o.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
See frustrations, you're the one who brought fashola into this matter, now you're crying.
answer the questions Mr , yes I brought fashola in , and I asked you to take him to court when you have answered the questions asked ... thats if you can come out with any justifiable answer.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 5:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
I hate it when people take that sillly tribe thing personal...
AM A NIGERIAN, YORUBA IS MY SECOND LANGUAUGE NOT MY TRIBE OR SOME DIMENSION , IF I HAPPEN TO LEARN IGBO, TIV, HAUSA, ITESEKURE. THEY ALL BECOME OTHER LANGUAGES I KNOW. I DON'T BELIVE IN THAT TRIBAL SHIIT.
#SAYNOTOTRIBALISM
#UNITEDNIGERIA
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 5:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
answer the questions Mr , yes I brought fashola in , and I asked you to take him to court when you have answered the questions asked ... thats if you can come out with any justifiable answer.
:oI hate it when people take that sillly tribe thing personal...
AM A NIGERIAN, YORUBA IS MY SECOND LANGUAUGE NOT MY TRIBE OR SOME DIMENSION , IF I HAPPEN TO LEARN IGBO, TIV, HAUSA, ITESEKURE. THEY ALL BECOME OTHER LANGUAGES I KNOW. I DON'T BELIVE IN THAT TRIBAL SHIIT.
#SAYNOTOTRIBALISM
#UNITEDNIGERIA
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by darediamond(m): 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
Donmarrius:
Is it because of the promise of Vice president?.lets see how it works!.

Enh? Lailai, it shall never come to pass. Tambuwa ko, buwatam ni.

Abeg bro, that pikin up there no know wetin he they yearn.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by politifact: 6:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
darediamond:
The same piglike powerfull elements in our Yoruba region that waged war secretly gainst Abiola through Babangida and northern leders back then are still alive today.
They have much power now that we practice Presidential system as against Parliamentry that do pave way for masses to easily catch them with there dubious ideologies and acts.
Tinubu is one of those elements. There re others too.
How I wish Nigeria abolish the presidential system for Parlimentry system. The likes of Tinubu in SW, SS and SE will get hammered by the people with ease. It's sure.
::::::
Keep kicking against Jonathan and let those destroyers in the North take over, then history will repeat itself again. But this time BRUTALLY!
Do you think those born to rule jiahd war mongers likes any one us in the South?
feb 14 2015,change is coming
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by jasmine21(f): 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were seated there urging them on as they ridiculed awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to come when you visited a great university named after him, as the students chanted and called you and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of your government as you proudly announced to the world as if they were the only regions you that got you elected. Even if they were, should a president be making such divisive statements? I was never a tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for the huge political relevance we are enjoying today. Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured you and only you as he would do your bidding just as the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the people and dropped a transformer too weak to carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show you that you would have just empowered an individual yoruba instead of the whole of them. What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your government enriches individuals only. We are not like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their tribes men political posts. What we want are developments. Am glad you failed in installing mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes anymore.

May God bless you my brother! You poured out the words from my heart. This is exactly how I feel about this useless man we call our president. Mscheew!
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by darediamond(m): 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
IYANGBALI:
to slap you just dey hungry me. You of all people dey talk against Yorubas,no be wen you leave your village at awka and came to Ogbomosho you see man{bricklayer} talk to you for relationship for the first time in your life at age 35?which of your people toast you for your village as all of them dey call you osu?no be for Yoruba land akure you get your first belle born and throw way am becos na Yoruba man get the belle?no be for your Yoruba land{Lagos which you dey always call little London} you

ever made and touched #500 in your life?no be for Yoruba land you first sleep for matress at kamoru eleran's house?the first hollandees and lace wey you wear in your life and later send to mama in the village no be Yoruba man{Tunde the chairman of NURTW}buy am for you?no be Yoruba land you learn dis small small engRish wey you dey write,read and speak today?no be Yoruba land you open eye?that bicycle wey you buy for papa for village no be Yoruba land you make the money?the motorcycle wey you dey ride now dey do yanga to shenyere and ifeoma,no be Yoruba boy Gbenga{welder}buy am for you?I pass my neigbour generator wey you dey use for house no be Kayode{tailor}buy am for you?the okrika business wey you dey do for ojuelegba no be Yoruba man give you the money?that 5 month old belle wey you carry,no be Yoruba boy{Dele the danfo driver} get am?you come Nairaland wey belong to an industrious son of Yoruba land to talk nonsense. No let Oduduwa begi fun e o,you dis alakori alaimo ore omo. Now go and call shedi,sheoma,shenyere,shejoke,shedinma, sheamaka,uzor,oko-ye,oko-ro and nwa-obo-do to come and reply me for you grin
Ha haa, nitori olohun!!
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by spankyflex(m): 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
in every situation , you will always find the odds , these people crying are minority.
Hahaha so minority Yoruba de?
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
darediamond:

Ha haa, nitori olohun!!
omo oko ye mu inu bi mi ni jare egbon mi
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by spankyflex(m): 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
I tire jare , my problem is why go against your words , people should Have known this guy was gas , for him to have said he wouldn't stay beyond a term . If he wins I can bet he will wish for a third term . He obviously knows there are visible developments in APC states and it would be hard s these guys as he has done nothing.
can still remembered vividly when buhari said he won't contest again but he didn't keep to his words;what do you have to say about that?
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by darediamond(m): 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
akpumping7720:

You are very correct on this bro. You just sit and watch what will unfold nxt year. And I want u to know this that Yorubas don't forget history and if u have offended yorubas before, they will forgive u ooo but dey don't forget ur sins. They will visit it again another time. Don't be surprised if Jonathan swept d votes from SouthWest, the reason is because, majority of the Yorubas will rather vote for Jonathan than a northerner same goes with the South East and South South.... Coz what Nigerians pass
through in the hands of this northerners cannot be forgotten so soon. Even the Northerners themselves knows this, that was why they had to fielded Obasanjo in 1999. And Obasanjo also promised to hand over to them back and being a smart man, he installed weak Yardua and told them that they should compensate his late elder brother. Let APC field another popular Presidential candidate, either Fashola or Oshiomole and make a northerner as the VP. But their so called born-to-rule mentality won't allow them. Anyway, history will be visited again come next year..... As for me and my relatives... Jonathan is the only best available option until a credible candidate emerges from the opposition.... Either Fashola, Oshiomole, or Okorocha. Then come 2019, the Northerners can have it again.

I can never forget that Teargas that I helplessly got 'arrested' with in 1993. Haa, it was a Bad day for me and my other family members!
May God purnish BaBangida and his present day Children and generations heavily.
Wo, broda mi, wether Jonathan is Weak o or strong o, I do not care. All I know is awon oloriburuku Hausa born to die and rot yen must never come to power again. GEJ you must not allow them. If you do, if you do, do not come down to South oo!
You kich against GEJ? You av just signed up for Round 4 beatings of the abokis. Those destroyers.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Datsme: 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
SuperModerator:

Mr President indirectly encouraging tribalism.
so Yoruba people should have voted for one of their own
He s nt encouraging it, in fact, He s a tribalist
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
spankyflex:
can still remembered vividly when buhari said he won't contest again but he didn't keep to his words;what do you have to say about that?
there is a difference between a man soliciting votes and assures he wont use beyond a term and a man saying well after several trials , I wont contest .buhari didnt say that so as to seek pity and win the votes of majority of the gullible nigerians , he said that perhaps because he felt he has been contesting close to a decade without majority willing to give him a try and so he should back off ..... but tenacity pays , in the case of bros jona , we cant call him tenaious , he never thought he would get there in the first instance.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by spankyflex(m): 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekfedom2:
there is a difference between a man soliciting votes and assures he wont use beyond a term and a man saying well after several trials , I wont contest .buhari didnt say that so as to seek pity and win the votes of majority of the gullible nigerians , he said that perhaps because he felt he has been contesting close to a decade without mdajority willing to give him a try and so he should back off ..... but tenacity pays , in the case of bros jona , we cant call him tenaious , he never thought he would get there in the first instance.
this defence isn't acceptable;we need something better
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
spankyflex:
grin
spankyflex:
well , I have not come out to say am a buhari fan or that the apc candidate is buhari . buhari has not been a democratic president . if he says he wont contest just like bro jona , we can always give it to someone who has not said any of these . what do you think ? isnt this better ?.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by sammyj: 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
he is truly frustrated indeed. Yoruba's are not fools
OrlandoOwoh:

You're frustrated.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by sammyj: 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
And what happened during the peaceful fuel subsidy protest? Was military not used to harass people by the same GEJ Deceiving People's Government (GDPG)
Truckpusher:
Thank God for Jonathan then.
Past Nigerian leaders wouldn't hesitate in using the military and police to extinguish these peaceful protesters and blame it on thuggery and oppositions but like the gentleman that he is ,he was cool,calm and collected taking all the insults face to face.That is the mark of a true leader despite all the setbacks caused by some disgruntled politicians to paint him as a weak and incompetent leader.

We have seen on several occasions in this country how Presidents and Governors ordered the massacre of protesting students across the country ,but this man with a humble beginning refused to soil his name in blood even as disgruntled politicians continue to spread carnage across the country.
May I also remind you that two days ago there was a protest by Ogoni youths in PHC over Amaechi's choice of Governorship aspirant for the APC ,they got more than what they bargained for even as two of the protesters laid down dead, no thanks to Amaechi's highhandedness and this same man that was rejected by the PDP was considered a ''progressive'' by the APC.

You can do the math by yourself.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by darediamond(m): 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2014
drlawizle:

Whether GEJ is the worst presido or not...I will never vote for a gambari...they're all worse off compared to GEJ...until we get someone better than GEJ I will rather remain

in the frying pan than jump into the fire..

Wo ori e ti peju!
All those kicking against GEJ in my Odua kingdom knew nothing. Hausa born to suffer re saying we people in the south (ibo, yoruba, ijaw, itsekiri, ibiobio etc.) are there slaves and you wan kill yourself over making one of them your president again. To make it known wella, at the just concluded National confereb, a southerner was told to keep shut nd labelled as thief and even recommended for an arrest by a Northerner when he rose up to speak about the broadened marginalisation of Local goverments ratio of the Kano state to Lagos state.
Immagine that!
That shows how collectively how the Northerners view you yoruba, ibo etc. So if you are among those verbally rubbishing GEJ in any way, haa I pity your life!
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by darediamond(m): 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
Curlieweed:

I have stopped paying attention to the vocal minority of Yorubas who claim to speak for the SW. 02.14.15 is just a few days away. When the tire hits the road.. Body go tell Buhari.

Eh eeeeh....
See how you bastardize that boko beatiful name Buahri to "Buhari" grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari Hates Igbos, Tinubu Crying Over Treatment Of Osinbajo, SW - Fani-kayode / Uche Ekwunife Kicked Out Of APC Primaries (Snapshot) / Goodluck Jonathan Pictured With Emir Sanusi Yesterday In Kano

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.