Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,839 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:54 AM

I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan (40003 Views)

Drama As Dino Melaye Addresses Saraki As Speaker / Yakubu Dogara Holds Thanksgiving Service For His New Position As Speaker (photo) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by smartleo(m): 11:31am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were seated there urging them on as they ridiculed awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to come when you visited a great university named after him, as the students chanted and called you and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of your government as you proudly announced to the world as if they were the only regions you that got you elected. Even if they were, should a president be making such divisive statements? I was never a tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for the huge political relevance we are enjoying today. Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured you and only you as he would do your bidding just as the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the people and dropped a transformer too weak to carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show you that you would have just empowered an individual yoruba instead of the whole of them. What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your government enriches individuals only. We are not like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their tribes men political posts. What we want are developments. Am glad you failed in installing mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes anymore.

This guy just spoke my mind.Thank u boss.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by saintandsinnerz: 11:36am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were seated there urging them on as they ridiculed awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to come when you visited a great university named after him, as the students chanted and called you and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of your government as you proudly announced to the world as if they were the only regions you that got you elected. Even if they were, should a president be making such divisive statements? I was never a tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for the huge political relevance we are enjoying today. Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured you and only you as he would do your bidding just as the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the people and dropped a transformer too weak to carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show you that you would have just empowered an individual yoruba instead of the whole of them. What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your government enriches individuals only. We are not like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their tribes men political posts. What we want are developments. Am glad you failed in installing mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes anymore.

Mr. man when you are writing, please endeavour to write only about yourself not using ''we'' as if you are representing everybody. Just talk about yourself dude, because you are nobody to decide for the rest of us.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 11:38am On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
thats what he does , seeking pity to cover his failures. Only an incompetent man does that. Even as obasanjo was not so good , I never heard him make this kind of statements.
Sharaaaaaaaap, were you not born the time Obasanjo was wooing igbos by claiming that he is a father of many Igbo children.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by tola9ja: 11:41am On Nov 29, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by brown3: 11:45am On Nov 29, 2014
adisa009:

Where are your manners? You must be a miscreant. Why would you tell your fellow being to go and die just because he expressed his opinion over bad government led by your persistent failure President GEJ (a mere class repeater!). Today, Lagos state generates 75% of the state IGR, who do you think is the brain behind this? We are respecting Tinubu for standing his ground against tyranic PDP government of Obasanjo and imposition of his party allies. We are respecting Tinubu for given us a humanitarian governor BRF and not a beast like Jonathan! The Yorubas are good listener that is the main reason why we've always been sorted after for centuries. We know when to act nd when to hold back. Your GEJ is a learner! OBJ and Asiwaju would given him some toturials on Naija politics perhaps he is ready to bow down his false pride and ego!
keep on decieving yourself. Ur eyez will open on feb 14 2015, u will know that u re on a wrong bot with ur juju master Tinubu and ur rapist father obasanjo.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by whytfaz(m): 11:48am On Nov 29, 2014
Going by people opinion on the Internet if half of the people online register to vote in the coming election ... Mehn GEJ done lose be that

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 11:49am On Nov 29, 2014
firstolalekan:
JONADÂFT, WHAT HAS THE SPEAKER BEING YORUBA GOT TO DO WITH HOW HE WILL PERFORM?
VERY DUMB AND CLUELESS PRESIDENT.
Mumu.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 12:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
Suljosh:
My northern people hope u heard GEJ. I feel sorry for north should this clueless man get re-elected. He has showed you how much he hated north by making does remarks by wanting a yoruba as a speaker, no disrespect to the yorubas.
Sharaaaaaaaap there, every post was zoned including speakership which was zoned to the west. It's painful that the same Westerners who are crying today also aided to the so called marginalization.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by zynzyn(m): 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
President promoting ethnic politics!

Not surprising but saaaad! sad angry

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
oh I wonder ooo , you worked against Yoruba now you want them to work for you. What's the assurance you won't betray them again. This guy has lost it ... So clear.
How did he worked against yoruba?
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Kbworld: 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
its too late man, Jonathan thinks d yorubas are as daft as he is, cos election is aproachin he nw knows a Yoruba supos to b d speaker. fgt it we are sending the clueless one back to otuoke come 2015. don't tink the obas are suportin u they are sitting wit u to collect ur money. Ask omisore hw market

5 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 12:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
Redstone:

Think for once my friend. The truth is bitter. The speaker if the house was supposed to go to Mulikat from SW but her people betrayed her. You are not God, if GEJ I destined to win 2015 election, no principality can stop that. Learn to think like a human because you are not God to say "it's obvious he would lose"
Orlandoowo once said "it's obvious Fayose would lose".
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Badassniggga(m): 12:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
I don't understand why this man won't speak with wisdom..

Can you imagine? In a multi-ethnic country like naija, i expect the president to set a good example and carry everyone along, irrespective of whatever tribe they hailed from..

Why making a sensitive statement like this? How do you want other tribes to feel like mr president?
#Gosh i don tire

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Badassniggga(m): 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
whytfaz:
Going by people opinion on the Internet if half of the people online register to vote in the coming election ... Mehn GEJ done lose be that
spot on sir, i mean i try as much as possible not to hate this man, but his actions are just not encouraging..

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Badassniggga(m): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Sharaaaaaaaap, were you not born the time Obasanjo was wooing igbos by claiming that he is a father of many Igbo children.
real funny sir.
Should i take this as joke or what? grin
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
holatin:
any Yoruba campaigning for you are only after your money.
we Yoruba don't need GOODLUCK but change
Yoruba don't need GOODLUCK........
Laff won't kill me.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by kakakent: 12:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:

Bro am an igbo nd I think gej hasn't been a good leader but having stayed in southwest for almost 15 yrs most yoruba's I knw (non partisians) like 60 percent re willing to vote for gej again they all believe bh is a blackmail
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Donmarrius: 12:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
you should understand there is always majority and minority. Perhaps these were minorities. Ask an average Yoruba man , he is never position intoxicated when it comes to envisaging developments.
Any evidence to prove that it is a minority opinion?.In absence of convincing evidence,i will take it as the majority opinion,because,it came from Afenifere,the apex Yoruba group.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 12:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
GEJ till 2019

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
did he not say this , " I regret nt having a Yoruba speaker, meaning ,according To him , he knew he needed to have had a Yoruba speaker, you do not regret if you actually do the right things according to him. That's why I say he is what the opposition has been calling him.
Now I know that you've no reason for hating Jonathan other than tribalism.
Repent.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2014
IYANGBALI:
you dey mind the organisers?na longer throat go kill the so called yoruba leaders. Awon ole lasan lasan
Tribalism is killing you.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by adisa009(m): 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2014
Redstone:

Read your lines. So why call GEJ a beast? What has he done to deserve such comments from you?
You call OBJ a tyrant, yet you want him to give GEJ some tutorial. You are not making any sense bro.

I don't use words out of context YES mr. GEJ is beast! Mainly literary, a dangerous or strange one. He had done a lot to deserve even more than calling him a beast. He never told me while campaigning dat he would hike the price of petroleum, I voted him in and he did. He promised employment, non till now even as we agreed to believed him when himself and his cabinet members knew we've lost interest in them. What is the impact of the subsidy reinvention program on unemployeed youth in Nigeria? Division of my country men and women on religion, ethnic and tribal basis thereby resulting in hatred nd soul massacre. Today, igbo and ijaws are threatening us "we must reelect Jonathan else, there would be problem" the northerners are also saying that if MGB loose there is going to be war! Who caused this if not d most dangerous GEJ! a power thirst element that used his disloyalty and unfaithful political jimicks to create problems within their party wigs PDP. The fact that I described OBJ as a tyranny does not mean GEJ can not learn from him afterall, we all goes to school to learn from both good and bad teachers at the same time, played and keep friendship with people of good and bad xters yet it doesn't make us a bad person. If only your GEJ is clever and smart enough, he should have gathered enough from OBJ atleast to save him from been clueless, incompetent and been ridiculed nationally. His speech and visit to Awo versity was another political error as other Yoruba elders and leaders would see it as relegation and neglection of their relevancy.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by sageer1234(m): 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
na u sabi
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
Timothy3113:

bro please can you tell me the development, that occur in south west during is regime.
Mention one please.
Lagos - Ibadan expressway, a project Obasanjo couldn't do in eight years.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by spankyflex(m): 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
yes , he will leave us confused. There was no protest anywhere elese because GEJ had the support of the north and the south south claims he is their son . He still had a good relationship with majority of the present ex PDP members now . It was only the south west that knew this scam was just to aid corruption. You really don't get it. Have you bothered to ask yourself why tinubu had always been a problem to whatever opposition , ask yourself , how many indigenes of APC southwest state are not pleased with their government.he is corrupt and Lagos is where it is , you are only deceiving ur self man.
so tinubu isn't corrupt?
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by spankyflex(m): 12:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
the Yorubas are not after a position , did you see them fight over bankole or mukilat , we are not tribal, all we envisage is for a better country. Whether it is north o or east oo as long as te action is moving.
but the Yoruba are crying of being marginalised?hehehe
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 12:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
[b][/b] which tribe was the senate president and SSG at sometime. Why do you so called easterners rush to Lagos. What's wrong If the government chooses who and who to deport, does it affect the state development in anyway. Go see your doctor , its weekend m that's if you got one.
Mumu, senate president is from Benue, last I checked, Benue is a northern state.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by jaytee01(m): 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
masterpower:

52% OF THE POPULATION OF LAGOS ARE IGBOS. ARE BOASTING WITH THE IGBOS POPULATION?

GEJ WILL 2015 GENERAL ELECTION.
Rubbish!
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
Truckpusher:
I'm amazed too.
Yorubas are usually known to have an independent mind in Nigerian politics, but how on earth a brown toothed Gambari puppet simply mesmerized them into oblivion while stealing them blind is something that calls for an urgent reawakening of a people that are known to have said 'no' to oppression,highhandedness and the ugly born-to-rule-mentality of the Northern Islamaofascist oligarchy.
If anyone doubts me ,they should ask Abacha about his time as a military dictator, let him explain to you how the Yorubas made him a living demon both home and abroad until he died - Abacha was so demonized in such a manner to an extent that he unwillingly succumbed to making a democratic change before death snatched him.But nowadays what we are seeing is appalling as some of these sophisticated people with sophisticated politics are now lining up and plotting to return power at all cost to the Gambaris who ensured that the best and the freest and fair election won by a man that was not only loved by the Yorubas but every other region except for the self acclaimed owners of Nigeria was annulled,himself killed alongside with his wife.
The truth is that the real sons and daughters of Odua knew what to do when the time comes and I'm glad we have a lot them here.

Whether GEJ is the worst presido or not...I will never vote for a gambari...they're all worse off compared to GEJ...until we get someone better than GEJ I will rather remain

in the frying pan than jump into the fire..
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 12:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
lilflipnerd:
U only on This Sir
Na lie, you're with him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dino Melaye’s N250 Million Tour Bus For His Political Campaign / Mrs. Bolanle Patience Ambode: Unveiling Soon To Be Lagos State First Lady / Amosun Reads News With Kemi Ewedairo Yusuph, Sings Out As Governor Of Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.