Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,879 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:16 AM

I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan (39970 Views)

Drama As Dino Melaye Addresses Saraki As Speaker / Yakubu Dogara Holds Thanksgiving Service For His New Position As Speaker (photo) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Curlieweed: 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
IYANGBALI:
omo na dat village girl cause am o

This man! You just dey waste your talent. See as Basket Mouth, I go a Die and others dey make am, you just dey waste wetin your ancestors take bless you for free.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were seated there urging them on as they ridiculed awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to come when you visited a great university named after him, as the students chanted and called you and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of your government as you proudly announced to the world as if they were the only regions you that got you elected. Even if they were, should a president be making such divisive statements? I was never a tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for the huge political relevance we are enjoying today. Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured you and only you as he would do your bidding just as the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the people and dropped a transformer too weak to carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show you that you would have just empowered an individual yoruba instead of the whole of them. What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your government enriches individuals only. We are not like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their tribes men political posts. What we want are developments. Am glad you failed in installing mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes anymore.
omo dis one na nakeed truth o,o gbona gidi gan ni,kai if baba peace catch you,him go just settle you straight away. 10 billion likes and 10 kiss kiss for you

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Curlieweed: 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
adisa009:

I don't use words out of context YES mr. GEJ is beast! Mainly literary, a dangerous or strange one. He had done a lot to deserve even more than calling him a beast. He never told me while campaigning dat he would hike the price of petroleum, I voted him in and he did. He promised employment, non till now even as we agreed to believed him when himself and his cabinet members knew we've lost interest in them. What is the impact of the subsidy reinvention program on unemployeed youth in Nigeria? Division of my country men and women on religion, ethnic and tribal basis thereby resulting in hatred nd soul massacre. Today, igbo and ijaws are threatening us "we must reelect Jonathan else, there would be problem" the northerners are also saying that if MGB loose there is going to be war! Who caused this if not d most dangerous GEJ! a power thirst element that used his disloyalty and unfaithful political jimicks to create problems within their party wigs PDP. The fact that I described OBJ as a tyranny does not mean GEJ can not learn from him afterall, we all goes to school to learn from both good and bad teachers at the same time, played and keep friendship with people of good and bad xters yet it doesn't make us a bad person. If only your GEJ is clever and smart enough, he should have gathered enough from OBJ atleast to save him from been clueless, incompetent and been ridiculed nationally. His speech and visit to Awo versity was another political error as other Yoruba elders and leaders would see it as relegation and neglection of their relevancy.
Regarding the highlighted, ironical, isn't it?
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
Curlieweed:

This man! You just dey waste your talent. See as Basket Mouth, I go a Die and others dey make am, you just dey waste wetin your ancestors take bless you for free.
are you sure I am not one of dem?anyway thanks for the advicegrin
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2014
satowind:

This people you just called are not important. If u want to win don't meet stakeholders meet people dat control the crowd.
how come ooni could not control the crowd for omisore, Fayose won because he has been home and his widely loved because of his feud,standing strong against with obj, majority of the yorubas dont like obj ,if fayemi had been a home and was much familiar with the people , I bet Faroese wouldn't have dared.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
Concept:

He (Tinubu) was able to achieve that because of his expertise in people's management. I am a Yoruba man, I do not like Tinubu for his sharp practices, and whose responsibility is to lock the likes of Tinubu, Gbenga Daniels, Fayose, Odili, Bankole, Alams, and the likes behind bars if not our president but all these people have their freedom because none including the president has a clean record. However what makes Tinubu to be different is the criteria he chooses to pick who succeed him. I know of Edo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos, not that comfortable with Ajumobi in Oyo but if you look at these governors' work in the first four years, you will know that Tinubu has done well for the South-West despite his shortcomings of which I know some of these other politicians cannot be exempted, however what have you gained from them, they only enrich themselves like Tinubu and you are here supporting on ethno-religious reasons. Yoruba has discovered that as filthy as Tinubu might be he has eye for a good administrator. He is a politician of Nigeria context but what he does is search for people with 75% administrative skills and 25% political skills, he covers the rest for them and for this reason people started believing his endorsement. Now under our president Naira has been further devalued, foreign reserves depleted, austerity measures adopted, economy is being threatened because of sharp drop in crude oil in international market. The reason why the sane among the Yorubas are insisting for change is because we are looking for a critical thinker who will be a problem solver rather than someone who channel every issue through committees. The channels in which money is being wasted under this government are enormous, if you still love the existence of Nigeria as a very healthy state, you will despise this kind of administration or style of governance.
thank you , I keep saying this .... If people see you are working, you shortcomings are overlooked, if GEj had done half of what these guys did, the oppositions can never be as strong as it is.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
I am not a fan of obj or GEJ . Get that clear.
LIAR, i know you.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Lagos - Ibadan expressway, a project Obasanjo couldn't do in eight years.
who chose GEJ.... Wake up , we have left the period of obj.we are in the period of GEJ now, obj is past and forgotten.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
how do you reason ? I don't hate Jonathan , I just love discipline that's all.
But Jonathan is the most disciplined president ever.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
GEJ till 2019

Whoever is not satisfied should go and romance crocodile.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
I have always said these goodluck supporters are failures , did you read the post I quoted , the lady was talking about obasanjos tenure, which tribe was the president during objs time.am sure you are a secondary school drop out , I see loads of them in ph,the Wilkes supporters that dont comprehend English.
PROFESSOR, answer na.

Mtcheeeew.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
Redstone:

Since 1960, show me any president or head of state who had fulfilled his electoral promises to the electorate. Show me one please. They are all the same bro. It's all about politics
they are not the same, some are smarter in diverse ways, some smart to steal , some smart to see developments.... If they were all the same , states would not be better than some other states... Some are on the fast lane to success while one are slow... Even if we agree they are all corrupt. Some still envisage developments in reality not by words and paper. You get my point.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
who chose GEJ.... Wake up , we have left the period of obj.we are in the period of GEJ now, obj is past and forgotten.
Sentiment.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by adisa009(m): 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Redstone:

Since 1960, show me any president or head of state who had fulfilled his electoral promises to the electorate. Show me one please. They are all the same bro. It's all about politics

That is the more reason why we need to stop Jonathan knowing fully well that he had failed like his predecessor. You need to take epoch into consideration each time you re running political calculation. You don't seek favour before the people you are failing! You don't give excuses while failing! Leadership in mr Jonathan dictionary is been prodigal (lavishing treasury) and cleptocratic! We've gotten some leaders in decades past in Nigeria whose record of performance closed to average and beyond. OBJ 1976-1979 indeed tried at per. Buhari/Idiagbon 1983-1985 was also better off within the limited time they spent. Late Muritala Muhammed and Yaradua to a certain extent tried their best even though death took them untimely. Of course, mr Jonathan has tried his best with clear cut evidence that there is absolutely nothing he can do to better our lots than more harvoc hence the need for him to allow another set of better heads to pilot the affairs of our divided country in his tenure. We can't risk or afford militant/boko haram taken over from him before he is sent back to Otueke. If he is not boko haram sponsor, he should combat them with our resource failure to do so, pronounced him a failure with cheap excuses.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
But Jonathan is the most disciplined president ever.
put Jonathan as a search word on CNN, bbc and aljazeera websites, tell me what comes up . Then put fasola as a search word on the same website. Tell me what comes out. A disciplined man that can't reason before he talks, this statement he made is purely tribal. If he is the most disciplined ever , we deserve better. Don't you get it , I am not contented because I have food to eat , I want a more nutritional and healthy food not just any food that I have been eating. That's my point. Think bigger, stop thinking you don't deserve better, it's a shallow mentality.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Donmarrius: 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
anybody can claim anything.
My brother,Afenifere,is a lettered organization,not just in Yorubaland,but in Nigeria.They are not 'anyhow' organization.They have been representing the larger Yoruba society.hence,accept their opinion.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
adisa009:

That is the more reason why we need to stop Jonathan knowing fully well that he had failed like his predecessor. You need to take epoch into consideration each time you re running political calculation. You don't seek favour before the people you are failing! You don't give excuses while failing! Leadership in mr Jonathan dictionary is been prodigal (lavishing treasury) and cleptocratic! We've gotten some leaders in decades past in Nigeria whose record of performance closed to average and beyond. OBJ 1976-1979 indeed tried at per. Buhari/Idiagbon 1983-1985 was also better off within the limited time they spent. Late Muritala Muhammed and Yaradua to a certain extent tried their best even though death took them untimely. Of course, mr Jonathan has tried his best with clear cut evidence that there is absolutely nothing he can do to better our lots than more harvoc hence the need for him to allow another set of better heads to pilot the affairs of our divided country in his tenure. We can't risk or afford militant/boko haram taken over from him before he is sent back to Otueke. If he is not boko haram sponsore, he should combat them with our resource failure to do so has pronounced him a failed leader with cheap excuses.
God bless you , we need discipline in this country. The excuses we welcome are not just . Do we keep saying they are the same and we leave them. I have been asking this , how many of our leaders went to private secondary schools and university. You don't even need a university education to make good living as at those times, what's the situation now. This same thinking bother are all the same is just the cause. Thanks for that piece.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by whitecat2: 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2014
Once is still shame on you and jonathan, but if it happens again, then it will be shame on us, which I doubt!
Yoruba were not the only people that voted jonathan, the whole country got taken, but we are not about to let it happen.
Btw, you sound like someone from the dumbest tribe in Nigeria that blows wherever the winds blow, the tribe that stands for nothing and kiss any bottom in power.
UnimkeAk:

The "dumb" President fooled you guys before? What does that say of the yoruba people?
it simply means the whole yoruba tribe is "dumber"(beg ur pardon if the is any word like that, but you get my point)

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
PROFESSOR, answer na.

Mtcheeeew.
where is okadigbo , enwerem and nnamani from . Are you this dumb ? Am talking senate president during obj and not GEJ.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Phantomine(m): 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
It's too late for Jonathan to start regreting. It's obvious he is losing in 2015. He even knows it. Is there any problem among the Yoruba people? Why this gathering on unity? What kind of gathering of traditional Yoruba rulers you only find the Ooni of Ife and the Owo Ibokun of Ijeshaland as the only prominent? Where are the Alaafin of Oyo, the Oba of Lagos, the Olubadan of Ibadan, the Awujale of Ijebu, the Alake of Egba, the Soun of Ogbomosho, the Osamawe of Ondo, the Deji of Akure, the Akran of Badagry, etc? How come the Ataoja of Oshogbo in Osun State was not present?

I was abt to say the same thing too. This is only a motley of few GEJ yoruba supporters and not the cream de la cream of Yoruba leaders. Those present cannot even guarrantee him a paltry 100,000 votes among themselves. Imagine that corporate fraud, Jimoh Ibrahim claiming to be a Yoruba leader and promising GEJ 7 million votes from southwest. He go try well, well! undecided

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Temidayo9(m): 3:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were seated there urging them on as they ridiculed awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to come when you visited a great university named after him, as the students chanted and called you and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of your government as you proudly announced to the world as if they were the only regions you that got you elected. Even if they were, should a president be making such divisive statements? I was never a tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for the huge political relevance we are enjoying today. Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured you and only you as he would do your bidding just as the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the people and dropped a transformer too weak to carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show you that you would have just empowered an individual yoruba instead of the whole of them. What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your government enriches individuals only. We are not like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their tribes men political posts. What we want are developments. Am glad you failed in installing mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes anymore.
Yes ooooo, somebody sholud help forward it The Presidend of SS and SE

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by firstolalekan(m): 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Mumu.
Your papa
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
Phantomine:

I was abt to say the same thing too. This is only a motley of few GEJ yoruba supporters and not the cream de la cream of Yoruba leaders. Those present cannot even guarrantee him a paltry 100,000 votes among themselves. Imagine that corporate fraud, Jimoh Ibrahim claiming to be a Yoruba leader and promising GEJ 7 million votes from southwest. He go try well, well! undecided
Those men are jokers. I strongly believe the Alaafin of Oyo, the Awujale of Ijebu, the Alake of Egba, the Soun of Ogbomosho, the Olubadan of Ibadan, the Olofa of Offa, the Oba of Lagos, etc would react if the Presidency says Yoruba oba endorsed Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 3:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
where is okadigbo , enwerem and nnamani from . Are you this dumb ? Am talking senate president during obj and not GEJ.
Who was the SFG, under Obasanjo?
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by politifact: 3:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/11/regret-not-yoruba-speaker-jonathan/
you gather bunch of criminals and ex-convicts and call them yoruba leaders,this clueless drunk from otuoke think yoruba's are fools like the igbo's.don't worry,february 14 is around the corner,in the meantime,let me rush to get my PVC
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by UnimkeAk(m): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
whitecat2:
Once is still shame on you and jonathan, but if it happens again, then it will be shame on us, which I doubt!
Yoruba were not the only people that voted jonathan, the whole country got taken, but we are not about to let it happen.
Btw, you sound like someone from the dumbest tribe in Nigeria that blows wherever the winds blow, the tribe that stands for nothing and kiss any bottom in power.

Dude there is no shame on me.
Its Shame on you and your tribe.. if a dumb(as u said) nigga fooled you and a whole tribe.
I gave u back ur words, take a chill pill.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
michelz:
I seriously doubt if those protesters were students or just ordinary agberos probably organized by opposition to forment trouble. No sane serious minded student would display such dirty,crass impoliteness towards a visiting president. This is as low as it can get. I feel so ashamed for those agberos. Even what their placards read displayed the height of their ignorance. Where were they when the successive military and other governments were ruining the country? Shame! Bunch of uncultured youths!
usually I don't call peeps IDIOT, but calling Great Nigeria Students names is unacceptable, ID**T, u probably attended one of Oga Retardeen ALMAJIRI or church offering Institutions... Sorry small...

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Pennywise(m): 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
Can somebody please tell Jonathan it is too late to cry when the head is off. It really doesnt matter now cos he has lost 2015.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
put Jonathan as a search word on CNN, bbc and aljazeera websites, tell me what comes up . Then put fasola as a search word on the same website. Tell me what comes out. A disciplined man that can't reason before he talks, this statement he made is purely tribal. If he is the most disciplined ever , we deserve better. Don't you get it , I am not contented because I have food to eat , I want a more nutritional and healthy food not just any food that I have been eating. That's my point. Think bigger, stop thinking you don't deserve better, it's a shallow mentality.
So, fashola that deported his fellow citizens despite knowing that he's acting against the constitution of the country is a disciplined person abi? Now I know I've been arguing with a brainless fellow.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Olaolufred(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
[size=14pt] I VISITED A FRIEND OF MINE TODAY.
HE IS FROM ORLU, IMO STATE.
THE WIFE IS FROM ANAMBRA.
WE BOTH COULD NOT GET OUR PVC BECAUSE INEC DID NOT SHOW UP.
MY IGBO FRIEND BLAMED ME FOR PERSUADING HIM TO VOTE AZIKIWE IN 2011.
HE PRAYED THAT AS SOON AS HE GOT HIS CARD, IT WILL BE USED AGAINST JONAH IN 2015.
IN HIS HOUSE, POWER IS 1 DAY ON, 2 DAYS OFF.
HE SAID TO ME, HE WAS ANGRY WHEN GOOFLOCK SAID" NIGERIANS ASKED FOR POWER AND I GAVE THEM POWER".
EBELLEI IS A SCAM.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by skyfall: 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:

God bless you for this wonderful comment.

Jonathan is a very bad and extremely divisive person. Someone like him can encourage genocide. Forget all those sanctimonious statements; they're all lies. Look at how he's playing the PDP governors and senators against one another on a daily basis.

Yorubas have always been his enemies because they "hate" him, except criminals like Fayose, Omisore, Obanikoro, Buruji etc, forgetting that SWners voted him overwhelmingly in 2011. Now that he needs their votes, he has started cozying up to them. What kind of human being is this?

Him winning and continuing his disastrous regime in 2015 wouldn't have even been such a huge problem if we weren't faced with an extremely violent insurgency which has completely exposed his gross incompetence. If you watched the raw video of the Kano attacks of yesterday, you'd weep for this country. We simply can't continue this way. Jonathan has to go.

And for you idiots cheering him on thinking that you're safe in the south, keep cheering. Boko Haram's target is Abuja, after which they'll come for you in the south. I hope you're all prepared.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Odutodaiwa: 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
It is a no brainer. Anyone who has an iota of love for Nigeria will see to the success of "Operation return GEJ to Otuoke on May 29, 2015". It is a task that must be accomplished.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Driving Bola Tinubu's 2023 Campaign Vehicle Fights With A Prostitute (Video) / Dino Melaye’s Recall Verification Results / Sowore’s Release A Victory For The Rule Of Law---serap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.