Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,234 members, 7,887,653 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:57 AM

I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan (40016 Views)

Drama As Dino Melaye Addresses Saraki As Speaker / Yakubu Dogara Holds Thanksgiving Service For His New Position As Speaker (photo) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 10:16am On Nov 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
It's too late for Jonathan to start regreting. It's obvious he is losing in 2015. He even knows it. Is there any problem among the Yoruba people? Why this gathering on unity? What kind of gathering of traditional Yoruba rulers you only find the Ooni of Ife and the Owo Ibokun of Ijeshaland as the only prominent? Where are the Alaafin of Oyo, the Oba of Lagos, the Olubadan of Ibadan, the Awujale of Ijebu, the Alake of Egba, the Soun of Ogbomosho, the Osamawe of Ondo, the Deji of Akure, the Akran of Badagry, etc? How come the Ataoja of Oshogbo in Osun State was not present?
you dey mind the organisers?na longer throat go kill the so called yoruba leaders. Awon ole lasan lasan
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Timothy3113(m): 10:16am On Nov 29, 2014
Redstone:

Please can you tell us how he worked against the Yoruba and how he has betrayed the Yorubas.
bro please can you tell me the development, that occur in south west during is regime.
Mention one please.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 29, 2014
IF u regret not having yoruba speaker but yorubas happy that d speaker that u locked out of nass office and tiegassed isnt a yoruba man. selfish yorubas were the ones that didnt let him do infrastrural project as much as he did in other regions too. he has not regreted that. these guy has succesfuly divided yorubas more hmm jona

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 10:17am On Nov 29, 2014
Suljosh:
My northern people hope u heard GEJ. I feel sorry for north should this clueless man get re-elected. He has showed you how much he hated north by making does remarks by wanting a yoruba as a speaker, no disrespect to the yorubas.
omo all na politics
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by babestella: 10:18am On Nov 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Keep spirituality aside, let's us discuss with empirical facts. If Jonathan tells Yoruba people he wanted Akande-Adeola over Tambuwal as Speaker, what would he tell Hausa/Fulani people; he didn't want Tambuwal hence the Speaker's current problem?

My friend, Nigeria is diverse and as such has an political mathematics. Don't deceive yourself. Go and check all the records, key positions are equitably shared along the 6 geopolitical regions in the country.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 29, 2014
Redstone:

Think for once my friend. The truth is bitter. The speaker if the house was supposed to go to Mulikat from SW but her people betrayed her. You are not God, if GEJ I destined to win 2015 election, no principality can stop that. Learn to think like a human because you are not God to say "it's obvious he would lose"
he only aired his opinion. Why try to convince him it isn't obvious. If GEJ is destined o failed , no principality can stop that. His obvious thought don't change anything as long as God is concerned according to you.you are the one who needs to start thinking like man perhaps.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Sylvarresta(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
thats what he does , seeking pity to cover his failures. Only an incompetent man does that. Even as obasanjo was not so good , I never heard him make this kind of statements.
We all knw dat those Obas dat he meet are not even relevant, Oni of Ife that can win Osun for Omisore, Jonathan is really clueless, we Swestener will never vote for tribalist called Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by SunqieOlaT(m): 10:20am On Nov 29, 2014
Failed!

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by GodMode: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2014
lilflipnerd:
[size=18pt] I hate it when people take that sillly tribe thing personal...
AM A NIGERIAN, YORUBA IS MY SECOND LANGUAUGE NOT MY TRIBE OR SOME DIMENSION , IF I HAPPEN TO LEARN IGBO, TIV, HAUSA, ITESEKURE. THEY ALL BECOME OTHER LANGUAGES I KNOW. I DON'T BELIVE IN THAT TRIBAL SHIIT.
#SAYNOTOTRIBALISM
#UNITEDNIGERIA [/size]

#SAYYESTOTRIBALISM
#YORUBANATION

Your ethnic language is your first language. Yoruba is not just a language its a culture.. The only culture and tribe with highly welcoming and tolerating people...

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2014
Truckpusher:
Where is Lagos compared to other former national capital around the world? undecided

I wan go carry mama agbeke load abeg - I dey come.
I never knew you were this dumb. Lagos is the second most populated city in africa. Lagos economy is greater than kenya as a country. Lagos is a mega city. Pls mention the former and present national capitals in africa that are better than lagos.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by babestella: 10:22am On Nov 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Keep spirituality aside, let's us discuss with empirical facts. If Jonathan tells Yoruba people he wanted Akande-Adeola over Tambuwal as Speaker, what would he tell Hausa/Fulani people; he didn't want Tambuwal hence the Speaker's current problem?

Coming to sprituality, it is God who directs the affairs of men and HE alone decides what happens. You talk like you have the power to change who sits in Aso rock, you are just 1 out of over 160 million Nigerians. My friend, you cannot leave God out of anything in life. Man proposes, but then God has the final say. Learn.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by GodMode: 10:22am On Nov 29, 2014
babestella:

Shut up, if Yorubas are not tribalistic, why do you people hate people from the south east so much, why did your LAGOS governor deport the south easterners claiming they are destitutes, go to idi Araba and see destitutes, but because they are Muslims and northerners, he will never touch them. You are just deranged and frustrated, living in self denial of the obvious truth. Despite the fact that Fashola is a lawyer he chose to deny the south easterners their fundamental human right according to the nigerian constitution. Go tell your tribal stories to the goats in your fathers farm. Rubbish. You think abusing GEJ and calling him names will solve your problems or save you from that your bed of poverty?When OBJ was there, which tribe held the speakership position. Why didn't he give it to the south easterners if it wasn't about tribe. What you don't understand is the political equation upon which Nigeria runs as a result of its ethic and religious diversity. You are just a child and so your kind of reasoning is excused.

If Yorubas hate SE peeps do you think they would have allowed SE peeps into the SW after the civil war...

Stop commenting what u don't know.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 10:24am On Nov 29, 2014
macof:
What's all this rubbish about Speaker position?
bleep the speaker, bleep Johnathan, bleep Nigeria

Give the Yoruba their autonomy or outright independence...that's what we want not speaker, senate or vice president, not even president
10 billion likes and 100 kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 29, 2014
[b][/b]
babestella:

Shut up, if Yorubas are not tribalistic, why do you people hate people from the south east so much, why did your LAGOS governor deport the south easterners claiming they are destitutes, go to idi Araba and see destitutes, but because they are Muslims and northerners, he will never touch them. You are just deranged and frustrated, living in self denial of the obvious truth. Despite the fact that Fashola is a lawyer he chose to deny the south easterners their fundamental human right according to the nigerian constitution. Go tell your tribal stories to the goats in your fathers farm. Rubbish. You think abusing GEJ and calling him names will solve your problems or save you from that your bed of poverty?[b]When OBJ was there, which tribe held the speakership position. Why didn't he give it to the south easterners [/b]if it wasn't about tribe. What you don't understand is the political equation upon which Nigeria runs as a result of its ethic and religious diversity. You are just a child and so your kind of reasoning is excused.
which tribe was the senate president and SSG at sometime. Why do you so called easterners rush to Lagos. What's wrong If the government chooses who and who to deport, does it affect the state development in anyway. Go see your doctor , its weekend m that's if you got one.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 10:25am On Nov 29, 2014
michelz:
I seriously doubt if those protesters were students or just ordinary agberos probably organized by opposition to forment trouble. No sane serious minded student would display such dirty,crass impoliteness towards a visiting president. This is as low as it can get. I feel so ashamed for those agberos. Even what their placards read displayed the height of their ignorance. Where were they when the successive military and other governments were ruining the country? Shame! Bunch of uncultured youths!
Tell them.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 29, 2014
1. Needless to remind the President that PDP had 220 members in the house of representatives against the backdrop of 140 by the opposition as at the time Tambuwal was elected speaker. So he should stop attributing his failure and that of the PDP to the opposition
2. He had the power to appoint ministers, which credible ministry did he allocate to SW, he failed where he had the powers to make Ministerial appointments and he's crying wolf he where doesn't have the powers. Moreover does he even has the constitutional power to appoint the speaker of the house of representatives.
3.He should kindly stop this his movement of 'Argumentum ad Misericordiam', trying to cajole his countrymen. what he couldn't do in appointment, he should atleast have done that in the development of the region.
4. Fayose self don turn saint, saying he had 300,000 naira so where did he get money to buy form for election, Needless to remind him of his Virtual Poultry project.
5. This president has failed we the itsekiri people, failing to commission our project just because tompolo & his kinsmen threatened him. Ijaws do not own Gbaramatu Kingdom make una dey hear ooo.
6. As for Jimoh who couldn't win even his ward in ondo state while contesting for Governor is talking about delivering 7 million. I served in that state so I know of his irrelevancy in the political landscape.

Even the so called Progressives don't even represent the change we need, accommodating all the corrupt waste product of PDP.
APC=PDP=looting continues=corruption continues=business as usual

N.B: Look at the calibre of men who even surrounded him, Bode George, Gbenga Daniel, Ayo fayose, Omisore et Al. Bunch of criminals

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by adisa009(m): 10:26am On Nov 29, 2014
brown3:
u can cry to hell. U and ur juju master Tinubu and ur terrorist associate Buhari can not stop the anoited moving train gej. gej till 2019, if u dont like fresh air, go and die.

Where are your manners? You must be a miscreant. Why would you tell your fellow being to go and die just because he expressed his opinion over bad government led by your persistent failure President GEJ (a mere class repeater!). Today, Lagos state generates 75% of the state IGR, who do you think is the brain behind this? We are respecting Tinubu for standing his ground against tyranic PDP government of Obasanjo and imposition of his party allies. We are respecting Tinubu for given us a humanitarian governor BRF and not a beast like Jonathan! The Yorubas are good listener that is the main reason why we've always been sorted after for centuries. We know when to act nd when to hold back. Your GEJ is a learner! OBJ and Asiwaju would given him some toturials on Naija politics perhaps he is ready to bow down his false pride and ego!

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 10:27am On Nov 29, 2014
GodMode:

#SAYYESTOTRIBALISM
#YORUBANATION

Your ethnic language is your first language. Yoruba is not just a language its a culture.. The only culture and tribe with highly welcoming and tolerating people...
U only on This Sir
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Redstone(m): 10:27am On Nov 29, 2014
Timothy3113:

bro please can you tell me the development, that occur in south west during is regime.
Mention one please.

Can you tell me one project OBJ did in the south east during his 8 year tenure. Even a 2nd niger bridge never got a second mention in the house.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by jomoh: 10:28am On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
The only reason I respect Tinubu is the way he masterfully brainwashed some Yoruba youths into believing that their problems is Jonathan instead of him. A powerful speakership Jonathan gave yorubas, Tinubu connived and threw it away for selfish reasons.
No matter how long a night last, their must be day break.

We the Yorubas are not fools, we know when a gift is given in good faith and when it has a hidden message in it.

Tinubu saw this coming and was quick to estimate the collateral damage and subsequently sacrifice the she-Lamb (Mulikat Akande) for the independence of the Yoruba race. This is because even the ones we had never benefited us just because they were PDP. Now for that singular act of supporting Tambuwal, we now have the support of the North west.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:29am On Nov 29, 2014
babestella:

Coming to sprituality, it is God who directs the affairs of men and HE alone decides what happens. You talk like you have the power to change who sits in Aso rock, you are just 1 out of over 160 million Nigerians. My friend, you cannot leave God out of anything in life. Man proposes, but then God has the final say. Learn.
. . . and in your spiritual permutation Jonathan, not Buhari could be destined to win?

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2014
Me,on behalf of the good people of the Nigerian nation. Regret having an active president,that listens to the plights of the people..We regret having a strong,vibrant man and not a weakling who went to school with no shoes!!!!!
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2014
Sylvarresta:
We all knw dat those Obas dat he meet are not even relevant, Oni of Ife that can win Osun for Omisore, Jonathan is really clueless, we Swestener will never vote for tribalist called Jonathan.
he thinks akiolu was joking when he said PDP can't win Lagos. Ooni could not even stop aregbesola at the court when the case with oyinlola was on. Ooni , na still obj person , gej needs to wake up and act on his own accord and not what he is told by his advisers. A true Yoruba elder man envisages whats good for his generations.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by OrangeHokage(m): 10:31am On Nov 29, 2014
masterpower:

52% OF THE POPULATION OF LAGOS ARE IGBOS. ARE BOASTING WITH THE IGBOS POPULATION?

GEJ WILL 2015 GENERAL ELECTION.
u are talking nonsense smiley
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Redstone(m): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2014
adisa009:

Where are your manners? You must be a miscreant. Why would you tell your fellow being to go and die just because he expressed his opinion over bad government led by your persistent failure President GEJ (a mere class repeater!). Today, Lagos state generates 75% of the state IGR, who do you think is the brain behind this? We are respecting Tinubu for standing his ground against tyranic PDP government of Obasanjo and imposition of his party allies. We are respecting Tinubu for given us a humanitarian governor BRF and not a beast like Jonathan! The Yorubas are good listener that is the main reason why we've always been sorted after for centuries. We know when to act nd when to hold back. Your GEJ is a learner! OBJ and Asiwaju would given him some toturials on Naija politics perhaps he is ready to bow down his false pride and ego!

Read your lines. So why call GEJ a beast? What has he done to deserve such comments from you?
You call OBJ a tyrant, yet you want him to give GEJ some tutorial. You are not making any sense bro.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Sylvarresta(m): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2014
majekdom2:
he thinks akiolu was joking when he said PDP can't win Lagos. Ooni could not even stop aregbesola at the court when the case with oyinlola was on. Ooni , na still obj person , gej needs to wake up and act on his own accord and not what he is told by his advisers. A true Yoruba elder man envisages whats good for his generations.
Don't mind the dunce called president.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2014
babestella:

satan has got powers too direct the affairs of men who let him. How do you know the devil isn't the one on the affairs of the life of GEJ or buhari. There are things we don't discuss religion with.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Timothy3113(m): 10:36am On Nov 29, 2014
Redstone:

Can you tell me one project OBJ did in the south east during his 8 year tenure. Even a 2nd niger bridge never got a second mention in the house.
bro y are you tribalistic, but guy we arent comparing OBJ with GEJ. .
It is GEJ time let him showcase what he hss for the masses, and what he has done for us ,so that we can vote him in again.
OBJ might have fool you but GEJ cant.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Timothy3113(m): 10:36am On Nov 29, 2014
Redstone:

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 10:37am On Nov 29, 2014
I hate it when people take that sillly tribe thing personal...
[size=18pt] AM A NIGERIAN, YORUBA IS MY SECOND LANGUAUGE NOT MY TRIBE OR SOME DIMENSION , IF I HAPPEN TO LEARN IGBO, TIV, HAUSA, ITESEKURE. THEY ALL BECOME OTHER LANGUAGES I KNOW. I DON'T BELIVE IN THAT TRIBAL SHIIT.
#SAYNOTOTRIBALISM
#UNITEDNIGERIA [/size]
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 10:37am On Nov 29, 2014
sandijey:
Rubbish. Anyway I am not voting this coming election. But jonathan failed the south-west woefully. Why is he saying all this rubbish now that election is coming. Is it not the same man that said south- east and south- south are the pillar of his government. Where were they when u were relegated to the ground. When turai turned u to kitchen staff!. Anyway the only tangible thing he said was this

particularly Lagos and Ogun states, control 55 per cent of the economy,
You're too shameless to a fault. Tell me any yoruba person who was outstanding in the fight to install Jonathan as acting president more than LATE DORA AKUNYILI? So, lagos and Ogun is now the producers petroleum that constitute 90% of the country revenue.
Mtcheeeew.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 29, 2014
Redstone:

so because a Yoruba president failed , we should embrace another failed govt. what kind of thinking is this. They are all PDP members period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Photos From The Bomb Blasts In Ummararim, Maiduguri This Morning (Graphic) / Amaechi, Jonathan At Tony Elumelu's Party: No Permanent Enemy / Man Regretted Donating 2000 To Buhari In 2015 & He Immediately Got Refunded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.