Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,738 members, 7,875,852 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:20 PM

My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email (25910 Views)

. / My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be / My Ex Won't Take Off My Pictures On His Facebook Profile, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 1:34am On Jan 06, 2009
Stephen,

Thanks. You're probably right about chain emails. Life goes on.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by SisiJinx: 1:35am On Jan 06, 2009
Seriously, is there something in the water? What is with all these. . . .err. . . abeg forget about him.

Sometimes us women are our own worst enemy. Why won't they call us crazy when despite his shabby treatment, some are still lamenting over an email response.

Are you satisfied that you tried to take the mature route? If you are, then leave his behind to wallow in immaturity and if you aren't. . . . Well, You better start feeling it asap!
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Sauron1: 1:39am On Jan 06, 2009
Suga4ya:

My ex and I were together for 1year. He didn't treat me right in the beginning, but after I called him out on it he began to make amends. Nevertheless, the damage was done  and I resented him for his prior mistreatment towards me. In time he started to fall for me, but I couldn't get over his earlier treatment, so I began treating him badly as well. Eventually, he got tired of me not prioritizing him and he left. I was heartbroken, and went through the usual 'don't realize what you have until it's gone' phase. So I tried to win him back, but to no avail. He wanted to be friends, so I agreed. The friendship wasn't working, because you can't just switch from a relationship to a friendship immediately. Anyway, the breakup slowly started to take a toll on me, I couldn't eat, sleep, or function effectively. I realized that the only way I could get over him is if we went our separate ways. So I sent him a goodbye email. It was very sweet, wishing him luck in life and all the good things I'll miss about him, and I wished him Happy New Years to come. It's been 2 months since we broke up and 2weeks since I sent the goodbye email and still no response (he has his email account set up on his cell phone and I know he checks his email regularly). Fellaz, I need you on this, why would you not respond to a goodbye email? Why not even acknowledge the fact that you received it, and respond with a farewell as well? Please inform. Thanks.

I don't respond to goodbye emails. . . . . .Whatz the purpose??
Once its goodbye, then it's eternal silence.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by tope2000(f): 1:39am On Jan 06, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Seriously, is there something in the water? What is with all these. . . .err. . . abeg forget about him.

Sometimes us women are our own worst enemy. Why won't they call us crazy when despite his shabby treatment, some are still lamenting over an email response.

Are you satisfied that you tried to take the mature route? If you are, then leave his behind to wallow in immaturity and if you aren't. . . . Well, You better start feeling it asap!

Gbam!!! wink
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by JJYOU: 1:44am On Jan 06, 2009
as TOPUP said most guys dont do closure nicely.
move on with your life. hope you enjoyed being silly. revenge is not always a wise option
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by StephenP(m): 1:45am On Jan 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

I don't respond to goodbye emails. . . . . .Whatz the purpose??
Once its goodbye, then it's eternal silence.

You've been sent goodbye emails??  lipsrsealed

Suga4ya:

Stephen,

Thanks. You're probably right about chain emails. Life goes on.

It does sweetheart, don't be left in the past.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 1:47am On Jan 06, 2009
Sisi,

Thanks for your input. I'm going to let it go, and leave it in the past.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by duduspace(m): 1:49am On Jan 06, 2009
Send a second goodbye mail and number it two and if he doesn't respond send yet another one and number it three and so on and so forth.
He should have responded to ask what you are counting down to before you get to the tenth message.
If he has not responded by then and you still haven't lost interest in the whole thing, then I will recommend you go for some counselling with a shrink.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by benez6(m): 1:50am On Jan 06, 2009
quit sending goodbye emails and waitin 4 replies cheesy shocked,  when someone doesn't reply u, it means one thing only: LEAVE ME THE F**K ALONE!!!!!!! angry angry
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 1:52am On Jan 06, 2009
Lmao @ dudu, I'm good, It is what it is, and it's OVER, so thanks anyway.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 1:55am On Jan 06, 2009
Benez o, carry go tongue
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by duduspace(m): 1:57am On Jan 06, 2009
Suga4ya:

Lmao @ dudu, I'm good, It is what it is, and it's OVER, so thanks anyway.

No probs, he'll get his somewhere along the way I'm sure and you might just get an explanation/apology letter sometime in the future.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Magz(m): 1:58am On Jan 06, 2009
Maybe it is something difficult for this guy to deal with. You kicked him to the curb and ended the relationship. Maybe you've caused him great pain, and he would rather just not communicate with you at all. Like, an issue of pride, kna'mene?

busybody honey,u know u can always tell me to interpret for u,whenever one writes in igbo

^^Will you translate for me too? undecided ?? ^^
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by topup: 2:12am On Jan 06, 2009
At poster, OH MY!! I feel your pain! It doesn't matter that you were saying goodbye, it's the fact he didn't even acknowledge you that hurts, right? I just want to say that after a bad breakup there are often a lot of things that can't be accounted for, why you wrote the goodbye mail in the first place was probably due to an emotional surge at the time, and in future you probably won't understand why you did it or why it was necessary. Yes, you were right, you two needed to go on your separate ways, but you didn't need to announce it to him, nope a quiet and personal cut off may have done the same job. Thing is, you obviously wanted him back, and he was sure of that, and I get the feeling that he also probably still had feelings for you still at the time of breakup (you did go out for a year, and you said he fell for you), so maybe he's hurting right now. I would be. Sure! You're going to explain to me that "why should he be hurt" "he refused me" but it's not that simple, sometimes our actions contradict our feelings, like how you are saying goodbye to a man you are in love with. He may believe that you never loved him, he may believe that you wrote the email to spite him, everything depends on how he was feeling at the time of reading the email.

Since you believe that the best way is to distance yourself from him, it starts now! Not when he sends you a reply 2 months later (when he's calmed down) and says "Yeah, I hope everything's cool." smiley

It's going to be very hard at first, and you will have to force yourself to do the opposite to how you feel often, whatever you do, try not to be too emotional in your decisions, let alone too rational. You were probably both when you wrote that email.

It's okay, I doubt he hates you, he is probably hurting and confused, and I've seen this many times in guys, until when he cools down will he be able to speak to you or contact you again. If the love is still there, it will reignite the fire, so don't worry about whether he moves on or not, because I don't think even a lifetime can make you forget the one you loved/love. Just do what is good for you.

If you need someone to talk to, I'm listening smiley

Take care and God Bless.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Magz(m): 2:16am On Jan 06, 2009
Hey Topup, I like you! You seem like cool ppl for real. cool
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by topup: 2:18am On Jan 06, 2009
Magz:

Hey Topup, I like you! You seem like cool people for real. cool

Haha, I am just one thanks smiley
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Sauron1: 2:19am On Jan 06, 2009
@ Topup,

Do u write for a living?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
How many lines there?? Like 40!!!

@ StephenP,

Of course, one comes across the zany-acting chics once in a while. . . . .
The ones who realised late they have been dumped and send nasty emails after 3 months. wink
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 2:20am On Jan 06, 2009
Topup,

I'm sending you a hug, hope you receive it  wink. Thanks for shedding some light on this. I'm going to move on and although it was hard in the beginning, it's slowly getting better. Thanks again Topup. I appreciate your response the most. Thanks.  smiley
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by tope2000(f): 2:23am On Jan 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ StephenP,

Of course, one comes across the zany-acting chics once in a while. . . . .
The ones who realised late they have been dumped and send nasty emails after 3 months. wink

Ok i dont get this shite
Why wud u break up with sum1 and not tell her its over, does those words scare u tongue its over!

@topup
If u dont write for living , i suggest u consider changing profession wink kiss
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by KarmaMod(f): 2:24am On Jan 06, 2009
That should be your last email to him. Not cos you're "getting back at him" but before, it's time to let go.

He'll probably respond eventually but you shouldnt bother him anymore.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Sauron1: 2:26am On Jan 06, 2009
tope2000:

Ok i don't get this shite
Why would u break up with someone and not tell her its over, does those words scare u tongue its over!

Let her use her church mind. . . . . . .
How do u tell a woman IT'S OVER??
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Magz(m): 2:27am On Jan 06, 2009
Yo KarmaMod, where are you from in NY?

I'm from Upstate.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 2:28am On Jan 06, 2009
Karma,

Yea, I don't intend on ever contacting him again, so it is what it is, the past,
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by tope2000(f): 2:32am On Jan 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Let her use her church mind. . . . . . .
How do u tell a woman IT'S OVER??

Why do deal with complicated women undecided
Why cant u just tell her it aint working, its abt time we move on with our lives Are u telling any normal woman wudnt know its over. stop dating maniacs cheesy
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by topup: 2:33am On Jan 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ Topup,

Do u write for a living?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
How many lines there?? Like 40!!!

Lol! Just 13! I write a lot online, and have mastered the art of touch typing. .  grin

Suga4ya:

Topup,

I'm sending you a hug, hope you receive it  wink. Thanks for shedding some light on this. I'm going to move on and although it was hard in the beginning, it's slowly getting better. Thanks again Topup. I appreciate your response the most. Thanks.  smiley

I received it smiley! One thing I realised was that you are saying that 'you're going to move on', for now don't give yourself any time limits, it can take longer than it took your friends or other cases you know (or less), I know it sucks to hear, but after a few months, it'll be easier, and you'll remember him less and less, but it might take more than a year to actually lose ALL feeling for him, some people will tell you stories of their primary school sweethearts and still they'll get lost in their imagination. Nobody is perfect and you sound like you have a lot of time to get yourself together and you're definitely not desperate. .

Try not to listen to people who tell you; "You should be over him by now!" It'll make you feel worse, by the way I don't predict you'll still be heartbroken and in pain in a few months, you'll probably still be hurt, but the feeling should fade. Take your sweet sweet time, and no rebounds!!

What you have to make sure is make a conscious effort to look in the opposite direction to him, just focus on you and yourself, as I am sure that he will do the same, it's almost automatical for guys to pick themselves up like this. I can almost guarantee that he will one day in future contact you but for the meantime, if you believe he has moved on and will never come back, it'll be a million times easier to let go.

Keep busy too and rest assure that if he loves you he will come back, though there is no time frame or method which this happens, just rest assure knowing that. If you're a Christian, maybe even one on one's with God will help you, or reading certain scriptures in the bible.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Sauron1: 2:36am On Jan 06, 2009
tope2000:

Why do deal with complicated women undecided
Why can't u just tell her it aint working, its about time we move on with our lives Are u telling any normal woman wudnt know its over. stop dating maniacs cheesy

Stop dating maniacs??
Many of em were saints when i met em. . . . . . .They turn to maniacs after the shiznit.
Maybe i am too sweet to be left alone(food for thunk). wink
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by omega25red(m): 2:39am On Jan 06, 2009
you obviously still have feelings for him because you want a response. if you were really saying goodbye it wouldn't matter if you got a response or not all you would know is you said bye. i think what is hurting you is the fact that the guy doesn't seem interested in you or even being friends and because you can't get an explanation why it bothers you. yes you are cute and hot and other guys will want you just not this guy learn to deal with that and you'll be fine
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by tope2000(f): 2:42am On Jan 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Stop dating maniacs??
Many of em were saints when i met em. . . . . . .They turn to maniacs after the shiznit.
Maybe i am too sweet to be left alone(food for thunk). wink

Gimme a min to puke wink tongue

Ok!!
Maybe they didnt tell u they were on Anti-depressant when u guys were dating undecided
I persoanally think u just keeping quiet n ignoring her calls or whateva shows u aint man enough to say its over lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 2:43am On Jan 06, 2009
Topup,

Speaking of 'rebounds', Ummm, soon after we broke up, I went out on a date and my date said something that sounded just like what my ex would say, and I accidentally blurted out my ex's name in my response; thus, "Ur crazy (ex's name)", the look on the guys face was priceless, and I'm sure if I had a mirror with me my look was just as priceless. At that point, I knew I wasn't ready, so I'm staying clear of rebound relationships, they never seem to work, and it's not fair for the innocent party to be dragged into any emotional baggage. Thanks again Topup.  wink
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by tope2000(f): 2:49am On Jan 06, 2009
Suga4ya:

Topup,

Speaking of 'rebounds', Ummm, soon after we broke up, I went out on a date and my date said something that sounded just like what my ex would say, and I accidentally blurted out my ex's name in my response; thus, "Ur crazy (ex's name)", the look on the guys face was priceless, and I'm sure if I had a mirror with me my look was just as priceless. At that point, I knew I wasn't ready, so I'm staying clear of rebound relationships, they never seem to work, and it's not fair for the innocent party to be dragged into any emotional baggage. Thanks again Topup. wink

ouch. . . . cheesy
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by leye1234(m): 2:54am On Jan 06, 2009
suga, this brotha must have put the (kapaya on you)you just can't let go. The MANDINGO must have been the bomb. wink
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Sauron1: 2:54am On Jan 06, 2009
tope2000:

Maybe they didnt tell u they were on Anti-depressant when u guys were dating undecided
I persoanally think u just keeping quiet n ignoring her calls or whateva shows u aint man enough to say its over lipsrsealed cheesy

More i like i ain't man enuff for d-r-a-m-a.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? / How I discipline My Wife For Disrespecting Me / Asian Girl Looking For Black Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.