Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,282 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:47 AM

My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email (25934 Views)

. / My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be / My Ex Won't Take Off My Pictures On His Facebook Profile, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Jascobee: 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2009
Fela said , CAT DEY SLEEP,RAT GO WAKE AM.WETIN E DEY FIND,NA PALAVER,

person wey dey expect reply after saying byebye,no be PALAVER e dey find,
I guess u still dey miss the HONEY and SUGAR wey the guy dey give u regularly, PALAVER WOMAN
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by jamace(m): 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2009
Poster, just encourage yourself by saying  these words , there is no permanent friend only permanent interest, to yourself at least 3 times a day for the next  7 days and your heartache will disappear lipsrsealed.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by sherrylo: 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2009
@Poster search heart well, did you really mean goodbye or you did it because you were broken hearted?
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2009
Sherry lo,

I did it because being friends with him and pretending like we didn't feel anything for each other was very difficult and painful.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by topup: 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2009
Hmmm, funny thing I didn't write a goodbye letter but it might as well have been, I wrote a letter to break the silence after our breakup, it was when I finally could find it in me to talk to him again.

You know what, sometimes people's actions are misleading, and of course the breakup was messy as I was so in love and he just suddenly withdrew and I couldn't take anymore of having a boyfriend but not really having a boyfriend, and then I said the words 'It's over.' and it seemed as if he was relieved, set free.

Later he came over so that we could talk and begged for us to be friends. Later that same day a friend of mine saw him flirting with a girl and told me. My mind closed completely and with hindsight the guy didn't understand why I wasn't replying to his message a week later (as he didn't know that I knew he was partying and enjoying himself afterwards) - well it seemed to me he was happy to have me gone, so the email that was just saying; all the best for the future. . would have pissed him off even more. Man, now I understand! Simple!

Anyways, we are again on speaking terms, though there are still some questions to ask.

All the best for you Suga4ya. Remember if it is meant to be, it will be. Chances are he too still thinks of you, but I give kudos to the guys because they are often great at picking themselves up, though they do this thing too where they hold it all inside and pretend everything's okay but then unleash it on the next girlfriend in paranoia lol.

Seriously, knowing that if it is meant to be, it will be takes a huge load off your shoulder. . try not to think that he is celebrating without you or trying to spite you. I understand why it hurt you when he didn't reply; because you never wanted to say goodbye, you thought you made that clear, but the goodbye email probably made him think that you wanted nothing to do with him and that hurt him more. Appreciate that he is taking time out to think it through, because if you two are to be even friends in the future you must do this.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by H2O2: 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2009
topup:

Anyways, we are again on speaking terms, though there are still some questions to ask.

Bad idea. He's keeping you around. Will try to win you back when he's done having his share of fun with the hens.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by topup: 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2009
H2O2:

Bad idea.  He's keeping you around.   Will try to win you back when he's done having his share of fun with the hens.

And there I was thinking that he was bored and we could just be friendly, you guys don't know how much your advice sways me. I was already thinking about cutting out the contact but now I'm seriously off!
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by H2O2: 9:19pm On Jan 06, 2009
I'm not saying don't have him around or don't be friends with him, but be cautious and watch out for mind games.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by xavier3(m): 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2009
i think your ex is still in love with you so find out why he doesn't want to reply because if he really wanted to let go all he had to do was say goodbye

goodbye is a 7 digit word it isn't hard to type and send via text, mail or a simple phone call just to say the word
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by bethsy: 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2009
he has forgotten u nd decided to move on so i advice u do the same , becos i know replying the mail wont change anything except u are still interested
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 10:43pm On Jan 06, 2009
Xavier,

Those were my exact thoughts, but I guess I'll never know. I'm moving on with my life. I just hope I don't run into him,
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2009
Topup,

my friends keep telling me the same thing; thus, he'll eventually respond when he has cooled down, but I'm not waiting for the response anymore.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by cabali(m): 11:43pm On Jan 06, 2009
The poster has issues
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 12:14am On Jan 07, 2009
Cabali,

Talk anoda thing o
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by OBVIOUS(m): 12:16am On Jan 07, 2009
I think that you are still in love with your ex. He knows this and that is why he's not responded. He wants you to get over him and move on.

He's nice enough sha, not to pretend. And not use you in times of your weakness. Appreciate it.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by topup: 2:37am On Jan 07, 2009
Suga4ya:

Topup,

my friends keep telling me the same thing; thus, he'll eventually respond when he has cooled down, but I'm not waiting for the response anymore.

Yes! A tip for moving on is to expect the worse, I know it sounds stupid but do it! Expect that he'll never call, or text or message again, and dash out that hope. I know it contradicts what I told you about him calming down, that much is true, but in order to move on, the ropes must be caught, because you gotta fly, and right now you're tied up. . (stinking metaphors tongue)

Anyways, as before all the best!

Man, I think I might need some H2O2 counselling!!
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by H2O2: 3:10am On Jan 07, 2009
topup:

Man, I think I might need some H2O2 counselling!!
H2O2 might be exactly what you need!
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by netotse(m): 3:26am On Jan 07, 2009
@OP
that he'll wot? somehow that doesnt sound right, like topup sed dont expect him to reply

@topup
it not 'expect the worst', its dont expect anything. they're differnt o!
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by prevail: 8:47am On Jan 07, 2009
crazy shocked
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by royalyinx(m): 10:28am On Jan 07, 2009
Maybe you should just leave him and let him be, Might be that he doesn't have time u know,
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by 2tait: 10:46am On Jan 07, 2009
Sugar

Ur paddy has moved on.
Simply do the same.

If you can't, then you start afresh
and develop the relationship.

May I refer you to an article on "some relationships are meant to be broken" at www.wetindeyforum.com
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by phemmy008(m): 10:52am On Jan 07, 2009
I don't think you need any reply since you have already say goodbye, take heart
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Wumine(f): 11:39am On Jan 07, 2009
Get over it, he's either through with you or he's bitter about it either way its over, the feeling is mutual! Abi u want him back? When u say goodbye, dont ever turn back or hang around for reply
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by cvibe: 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2009
You don't need a reply to farewell email to assure you that it's finally over.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by topup: 1:52am On Jan 08, 2009
Oh yes I agree with netotse, btw, I forgot to answer the question in the OP, would I reply to a goodbye email?

My answer is yes if I wanted him back, but if I didn't want him back, I would want to reply but what would I actually say??
-Urm, yeh I'm cool with never speaking or seeing each other again.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Wumine(f): 11:28am On Jan 08, 2009
U want him back i know! Move on girl and av a life. Stop hanging around to see if he will come back. He has moved on probably with another girl or two! men are not built like us and u are better than this!

Sorry sister, the truth is bitter!
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2009
I've moved on from this, but I thank you all for your responses.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Exstar(f): 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2009
You're most Welcome, Suga. But note this: next time,
do not send any farewell e-mail/ sms or whatever, there isn't
need for that really! When you're fed up, just say bye and move
on with your life. Period!
[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by allboyz(m): 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2009
@POSTER. . . I think you want something more. . like you want to continue the relationship. .

PS : my opinion was due to your 1st post.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2009
Allboyz

In the beginning I did want to continue the relationship, but you can't want someone that doesn't want you. That's just life, and I'm taking it for what it is. It's not easy breaking up with someone, and it's unfortunate that your realize all the mistakes you both made soon after you break up. I've come to terms with the faults I made during the relationship, and I don't intend on repeating them in my next relationship. If it's meant to be, then it will be. My life must go on regardless. Take care.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2009
Ex star

I'm not sure what made me send him a farewell email. I was very emotional at the time, and I reached out for my laptop and typed away. I don't intend on sending a farewell email again. You're right, there is no need for it. Simply move on. Later.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by michelin: 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2009
you dey mad after you don rock and now you won na him you come day say farewell your pa won die
l

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where Do I Hookup With Clean Sex Worker / Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once / Please, I Need Advice What Can I Do In This Situation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.