Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:21 PM

My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email (25904 Views)

. / My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be / My Ex Won't Take Off My Pictures On His Facebook Profile, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2009
@Taken

Thank you for your response, but I don't think it was selfish of me to have expected a response. At the end of the day our relationship was over, so pretending to be friends was painful to say the least. Therefore, in order to make it as painless as possible I thought it was better to part amicably (although my decision was emotionally-based at the time--- sometimes logic doesn't apply to love). Thinking back at it, I should not have made that decision while being so emotional, but hadn't I, he would still be trying to make contact with me, and that would definitely have put my moving on process at a snail's pace. it has been 3weeks since I sent the email, but I have accomplished so much (as far as moving on) during this time. Moreover, I have accepted that he just wasn't the one for me, because if he was, he would be here and we would try to work things out. The matters of love aren't always as easy or black and white as they seem, but the truth is what's done, is done. The email has been sent, he has probably read it, and regardless of what his thoughts/emotions were at the time, he has chosen not to reply. Therefore, time waits for no man, it's not easy, but I'll get over it sooner than later. Thanks again.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Taken(m): 9:32pm On Jan 17, 2009
Ok, you are not selfish.  But understand that anything could have kept him from replying; and he might just reply someday.
Due to that fact, don't give up on him yet.  And if he does not, time and chance will lead you on.
Truly,  logic does not apply to love but love is an active/action word.  See, true love is deep and it is complete when it existed between two people.
It is better to find that love first than to be in a relationship where one truly loves and the other meander. 

And when it comes to choosing love, follow your subconscious mind and not what you see.

Moreover, the best antidotes in most cases are patience+wisdom that operate in an understanding heart.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Tranngirls(f): 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2009
Suga4ya, what is the point it is over and he does wanna say goodbye so what let him go people have different ways of dealing with situations
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by eyonigger(m): 11:34am On Jan 18, 2009
@Poster, first off, I want to sound funny, shey na starcomms or multilinks u dey use browse? If its either of those two, then be rest assured that your email has went straight to junk mail or direct to draft, lol. That alone would not make him see the email. Listen for the fact that he enforced a friendship after you guys broke up, and you started treating him bad for a reason, then you guys set apart, I think he feels the best way to let it be is to ignore your email, that way he'll be able to forget about you forever.

I have had almost the same situation when my girlfriend and I broke up, she proposed friendship in which I told her was not going to be easy, I ended up being friends with her, and then we started kissing again but with no understanding that we are in a relationship, at last I figured out she was going out with another guy while I was still trying to ask her out. What did I do, I sent hera txt to forget about our friendship, never to call or send me txt messages, she responded and I never did respond, because if I did, conversation will keep piling up and something can start up from there again. So get it right, he ignored your email in order to set the issue straight, which is, I am gone forever.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 3:10pm On Jan 18, 2009
@eyonigger

I never started treating him badly after he asked for friendship. I don't think you read my post correctly; therefore, I can't take your response to heart.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by xxcarolxx(f): 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2009
If you had to pull him on the way he was treating you, he wasn't worth it, he might have tried to make amends but how long before he slipped back into treating you badly? I wouldn't worry about a reply he is showing you his true colours. your well rid.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2009
@xxcarolxx

You're right. He has truly shown me enough of his true colors. Thank you for your response.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Higher(m): 4:47pm On Jan 21, 2009
@ Poster
I tell u to me u've raised an issue, and the most touching in ur post is "It was very sweet, wishing him luck in life and all the good things I'll miss about him,". I tell you at this stage of life or time goodbye is not easy to say to someone u still love but want to part way with due to one reason or the other (we think we can't cope with).

So many things may be responsible for the silence of your so called "Ex", smone may be confusing/disturbing him from responding and who knows may be the poor guy has not check his mail box for some times now due to one reason or the other or He may be finding it difficult to respond to your GOODBYE message just like me.

Someone once said "GOODBYE is the most difficult word to say" which I strongly agree with because I have two Ex. which we never say GOODBYE to each other b4 goin our separate ways due to the memories of our "When going is good" and we are friends till now.

I tell you GOODBYE is not easy to say and it may be his reason for remaining silence.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 7:24pm On Jan 21, 2009
@Higher

Thank you for your response. Like you said, it's not easy saying goodbye, but it was either I ignore his attempts to contact me (which I was originally doing but felt guilty about) or I say goodbye for good so I can move on. Nonetheless, I've come to terms with the fact that I may never know why he didn't respond, but whatever the reasons may be, our relationship is still over. Therefore, regardless of whether or not he chooses to respond, or by chance we cross paths in the near future, my life must still go on. I still miss him, but I miss him less with each passing day. Thanks again.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Tawak: 12:31am On Jan 22, 2009
THEN FREE HIM/HER
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by femi4: 11:17am On Jan 22, 2009
@Poster,
Let me share my perspective.

1 Sending a farewell mail 2 ur guy is enof pain 4 him 2 bear, So y do u need a response, u wil neva get one.

2. D fact dat d guy came begging 4 u wen d relationship start is enof reason not 2 reply,cos u see urself as INEXPENDABLE

3. Perhaps u want him 2 come sayin sorry, 4 wot his already lost.

3. Finally, becareful in ur future relationship, cos respect begat respect
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by waterworks(f): 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2009
yesterday metal virgin today reget email lol!!
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2009
@Femi

Have you ever stayed friends with your exes? Did you continue your friendship 'immediately' after your relationship?
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by femi4: 10:40am On Jan 23, 2009
@Suga4ya
We neva stayed as friends after d breakup.I must say hear dat I took dat descision

1. In order to get over d pain

2. So dat I wont endager my new relationship

Forget about his reply to your farewell email and moved foward, your farewell message 2 him means rejection,it's enof pain 4 him 2 handle.Except u trust urself dat u can handle d friendship.U can go ahead!, but if u cant, I advice u not 2 try it.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2009
@Femi

I'm definitely moving on from this. You live, you learn, you move on. Thank you for your response.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by ayobase(m): 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2009
just let it go, ok?
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by kamber: 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2009
Come o, sugar4all, you no wan go rest ? ok, as you no wan hear advice, carry a very big placard and write that ur mail ontop, hang am for ur neck and stand in front of his office or house and wait for the correct response wey fit MUMU GIRL like yo embarassed embarassed embarassedu. [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by tpia: 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2009
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by fellybabe(f): 11:17pm On Mar 03, 2009
my dear, u just have to let go and forget him
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by C2H5OH(f): 7:36am On Mar 27, 2009
Did he finally reply grin
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2009
C2H5OH,

No, he never replied, and I'm content with that. It's been several months so I have moved on and started dating again. I've met someone that's much more giving and gentle than my ex and I'm very thankful for that. Nonetheless, it's funny how people still stay connected to you after you disconnect yourself from them. I've missed my ex very much, and with the time apart I found constant reminders of him. It's been very difficult letting go, but I have accepted the fact that he wasn't the one for me. Love is a beautiful thing, but within it's beauty exists unavoidable pain. To be honest, I strongly believe that emotional pain is the worst pain of all, but that pain can only build character. I'm taking things very slowly with my new squeeze, so I can only hope for the best.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by posakosa(m): 12:22am On Jul 20, 2009
If he doesn't respond, Kill Him!
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Nesia: 12:47am On Jul 20, 2009
posakosa:

If he doesn't respond, Kill Him!

grin grin undecided
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by posakosa(m): 1:31am On Jul 20, 2009
wink
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 3:48am On Jul 20, 2009
lololol @ posakosa comment grin I'm good though, it is what it is, wink
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by C2H5OH(f): 7:50am On Jul 20, 2009
Suga4ya:

C2H5OH,

No, he never replied, and I'm content with that. It's been several months so I have moved on and started dating again. I've met someone that's much more giving and gentle than my ex and I'm very thankful for that. Nonetheless, it's funny how people still stay connected to you after you disconnect yourself from them. I've missed my ex very much, and with the time apart I found constant reminders of him. It's been very difficult letting go, but I have accepted the fact that he wasn't the one for me. Love is a beautiful thing, but within it's beauty exists unavoidable pain. To be honest, I strongly believe that emotional pain is the worst pain of all, but that pain can only build character. I'm taking things very slowly with my new squeeze, so I can only hope for the best.
What a beautiful read. I'm so glad and proud FOR you. Focus on the good man you have in your life right now.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Divab(f): 10:42am On Jul 20, 2009
Honeypie,

You hve done the closure, d deal is closed, move on with ur life, Dont be a drama queen to get his attention with that mail, He either has ignored u & moved on with his life, or he percieve that you re not serious with ur closure, maybe waiting 4 another bad move of urs,

To me you are not still ready to move on by agonising over his reluctance to reply ur farewell mail, Let the guy be, move on, allow him to live his life, Its over b/w d two of u as you said, There's a sweet babe & guy out there for both of u, Respect his wishes to keep silent and move on withur life,
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Eaglebabe: 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2009
I thought u said farewell and u are expecting a reply.Silence they say means acceptance,he has accepted ur email so forge a head and leave him alone he has gone for good.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 8:50pm On Jul 20, 2009
Eaglebabe,

Thank you for your response. I have moved on with my life, but in regards to your comment --- "Silence they say means acceptance", I disagree. Silence could mean a number of things, and in moving on I have mulled over potential meanings for his silence, but I have come up with only one. That is, silence has no true meaning, it's simply results in confusion. I truly believe that he wanted to leave me confused, because if he genuinely had accepted the terms of my agreement, he would have simply responded with a 'goodbye'.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Monicaa: 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2009
Suga4ya:

Eaglebabe,

Thank you for your response. I have moved on with my life, but in regards to your comment --- "Silence they say means acceptance", I disagree. Silence could mean a number of things, and in moving on I have mulled over potential meanings for his silence, but I have come up with only one. That is, silence has no true meaning, it's simply results in confusion. I truly believe that he wanted to leave me confused, because if he genuinely had accepted the terms of my agreement, he would have simply responded with a 'goodbye'.

I disagree too. Silence makes one feeling very confused. Even if one wants to move on, who says replying a message or communicating saying good bye or something will say a different story. No. It just shows one respected the fact there was a relationship, even though it's over.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by swissch0c0: 6:04am On Nov 25, 2010
Suga4ya:
I see this thread is ages old, but it really helped me today. Many many replies helped me understand myself a lot, and in case someone ever stumbles across it again, I wanted my two cents in.
I wrote a farewell letter very recently to a guy I dated a year. Still in love with him, but it just wont work. Im just not ready for serious, we live pretty far apart to keep up the effort, etc. It hurts like hell, but I wanted to assure him I understood my faults in keeping us apart although I was firm in my decision to move on. I wanted him to know I really did appreciate what we had though. I wasnt just tossing him aside, that breaking up really hurt, but it just makes the most sense for me. Of course I did not hear back and I was really confused why I was so hurt by that. I am very certain we couldnt have a relationship and although I admit to having strong feelings for him, I know I didnt write that letter hoping he would beg me to keep trying. I wanted to end things "amicably" too, I didnt want either of us hating the other, so I was trying to explain myself to him to hurt him as little as possible. Until I read this thread did I really understand what it was that hurt so much about his silence. When you said "the silence is confusing" a little light went on in my head. That's exactly it! It is important to me to know what his attitude was toward my emotions and letter. I dont care what he would write back, "go to hell" would be better than nothing. And I realized WHY: knowing his feelings about breaking up actually would have helped me to get over him. It would have helped my approach to my own feelings about the situation. I have to get over my own pain of giving him up, but I also have to get over the pain of being the person hurting him. Knowing if he was sarcastic or sad or angry or hateful would have helped so I didnt have to wonder which one I caused him or all of them. It matters because certain reactions hurt me and some dont and Id like to know his final view of me. It would reveal how much he valued the relationship. I wish I knew if he was in too much pain to reply or if he didnt give a shyt. Is he silent to respect my wishes or trying to show me Im not worth his time? HE knows exactly how I feel because I wrote it all to him and I didnt just up and leave. Saying goodbye and explaining is the decent thing to do. It would just have been a courtesy for him to acknowledge my feelings and my goodbye. Even if he couldnt manage to write, he could just say that. "I dont know what to say to you" is better than silence.
I think I would always reply to a goodbye letter. No matter how sad/angry I was. Id thank him for his time and for putting his feelings down and sorry for whatever. Even if I didnt want to say goodbye, I might say so, but then tell him I understood he had to. Id say there was no need to write again, there is A LOT you can say back to a goodbye letter. People should try their best to reply to any emotional emails or letters politely, even if you feel like you covered the topic many times before.
Anyway, thank you. Everyone's thoughts is helping me to get over waiting for his reply by understanding what exactly am I looking for in it.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by kay177(m): 6:07am On Nov 25, 2010
This treat is as old as Methuselah== if your Ex like he should use KOBOKO on you= na him sabi jor grin grin cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Asian Girl Looking For Black Men / Are African Men Marrying More White Women Because They Are Better In Bed?:vote / After Spending The 50k I Borrowed From Loan App, She Refused To Follow Me Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.