Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:54 AM

My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email (25933 Views)

. / My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be / My Ex Won't Take Off My Pictures On His Facebook Profile, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by topup: 2:12am On Jan 09, 2009
There's no 'perfect' advice, sometimes it's good to go with your emotions, because of all the things I regretted, I regret the times I went with my emotions the least, because I can't help how I feel. I don't know, you could have ignored him, but then realised that maybe you two should have made it clear and cut off the friendship. With a goodbye email, it's almost 99.9% emotion filled, and so maybe you say things you don't completely mean or haven't thought through, thing is don't worry about it, a farewell email won't mean a thing in a year or so. You two may have even forgotten what really went on between you, which is the best. I doubt if he wanted to wish you Happy Birthday in a year's time that he would hold back because of the email, unless he was a very rational rational-type person.

Just go with your heart.

Going with your heart isn't the same as go with the emotion. Be true to yourself, but allow yourself to calm down and know whether it's a long on-going feeling or is it just a spur of the moment urge.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Exstar(f): 10:47am On Jan 09, 2009
@ Topup, You're a Darling kiss! I'm so much in love with your responses
to this thread! Are you a love Doctor or A Chancellor?

@ Michelin, you don't need to harsh about this, if you don't have any
useful info that wld help the Post you can just move over to another
thread, Period!

@ Suga, I feel you baby, really i do. Don't worry just know this; the water
that you wld drink wld never pass you by!!! Ciao. kiss
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Wumine(f): 11:59am On Jan 09, 2009
michelin:

you dey mad after you don rock and now you won na him you come day say farewell your pa won die
l

Are u sure u are all right?
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Exstar(f): 12:17pm On Jan 09, 2009
Abeg, help me ask am!!! grin
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2009
thought you said you and him already broke, so what's the point in trying to draw him into the e-mailing shin-dig? just try and forget him okay. now talking about him not replying to your e-mail, i don't think that's a big deal. take my advice and move on alright. much love from okalax.

Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Wumine(f): 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2009
@Okalax
Is that u for real or some musician, abi na chris brown? if its u then u r coooool! Just appreciating God's work bro!
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by spikedcylinder: 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2009
I'm guessing the OP wants this thread to die already so she can move on. smiley
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by lonelypal(m): 8:37pm On Jan 09, 2009
This thread got me thinking if there is need for a reply to a farewell message, ? shocked shocked shocked
Its a farewell message for crying out load, perhaps if u wanted something more, u could have gone to him in persons n experience those stuffs we see in movies, am sure a good bye hug will stop u frm ranting grin grin
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2009
Topup

Are you still friends with your ex? U mentioned him on page 4,
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by minimynimo(m): 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2009
Its a good thing I didn't see this thread from start. My initial response wouldn't have been good.

After reading Topup's bit, i had to step back a bit to consider, put my self in some slippers and shoes, look into me own experience.

I'll tell you this, the guy likes you a lot [you obviously like him], but for some reason he wants to get over you. He's working hard at it. Believe me, if he was over you, he'd have replied. I can tell you this too, he knows or perceives, or believes, or worst still, assumes 'something' that he does not want to talk about. He wants out!!! [Internal combustion].

Anyway keep an open mind and move with God's will for your life. With God there's always a 'more', There's 'more' to living dear.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by bebe4u(f): 12:34am On Jan 10, 2009
farewells dont have response. just move on
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by topup: 2:45am On Jan 10, 2009
Thanks Exstar, I'm not a councellor or a love doc (though I wouldn't mind being one), but even if I was one, it doesn't change the fact I could be wrong at times.

Minimynimo, how did my response make you change your mind?? What would your initial response have been to this situation? . . . Just curious smiley
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by idupaul: 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2009
mumu poster
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2009
@idupaul

Mumu for love
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2009
if he's an ex, why you expecting him to reply your message?
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by djcrucifix(m): 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2009
its a good thing you sent him the mail, at least it shows that you have finally resorted to leaving him and besides i kinda like what you did, wishing him luck and stuffs, normally a gurl would start heaping series of curses on the guy's brain.
if he did not reply, then it means he still wants to eat his cake and have it or he is just not man enough to understand that the relationship is over
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by ariblaze(m): 12:40pm On Jan 12, 2009
minimynimo:

Its a good thing I didn't see this thread from start. My initial response wouldn't have been good.

After reading Topup's bit, i had to step back a bit to consider, put my self in some slippers and shoes, look into me own experience.

I'll tell you this, the guy likes you a lot [you obviously like him], but for some reason he wants to get over you. He's working hard at it. Believe me, if he was over you, he'd have replied. I can tell you this too, he knows or perceives, or believes, or worst still, assumes 'something' that he does not want to talk about. He wants out!!! [Internal combustion].

Anyway keep an open mind and move with God's will for your life. With God there's always a 'more', There's 'more' to living dear.

well said

prior to reading yours, i was wondering if no one got it

people here are funny, you seem to forget relationship isnt black and white, a whole lot of grey resides there

she(poster)likes guy still wants him, her email was a last attempt to get him back i.e highlighting the good parts

she wanted a reply,he dint reply her not out of disrespect,but because,his pride(i believe has being smashed) he is still into her

have no doubts, if he wasn't the easiest thing albeit the most sarcastic would be a short reply 'thanks'

@poster

i think its time to move on

really i think so,but if you still want your man(lol)

wait for a while say a few months , then a call . . . .work your ploy from that
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Tgirl4real(f): 12:44pm On Jan 12, 2009
What are u doing here ari shocked shocked tongue tongue
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by stag: 3:11pm On Jan 12, 2009
its a farewell mail, why expect a reply?
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 6:10pm On Jan 12, 2009
@Ariblaze

Thank you for your response. I don't intend on contacting him again. I've said my peace. If any contact will be initiated it will have to be on his part, if it's too late, then so be it, but for now I'm moving on. My folks say "Running after a man is like running after a cheetah, you'll never win" I believe they are right. Anyway, like you said, relationships aren't black and white, but if we can't work out the small stuff now, then we definitely can't work out the difficulties of marriage. So maybe it's a blessing in disguise, only time will tell. Thanks again.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by sheilchi(f): 3:27pm On Jan 13, 2009
I had a similar experience that still luks in my heart but av moved on though it wasnt easy .we simply have to do the neccessary for us to move on and i believe God won' t give us what we can't manage.
Manage your emotions dear and GOODLUCK  wink
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2009
@Sheilchi
What happened in your situation?
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by emcaluv(m): 8:34pm On Jan 13, 2009
I had a similar experience.It is sometimes difficult to move on especially when you are in love with your Ex.Maybe you had this feeling that you would have gone an extra mile to prevent the break-up.I still desire to be with my Ex though not an intense one.9 months have passed, still i remember her.You can only move on when you advice yourself.You need to tell yourself that it is over.Maybe God allowed the break-up because He has a better thing for you. You can never tell.Just pray and ask God for direction. He will help you. I loved my Ex to a fault. Just move on. Make new friends. Change your environment for the meantime. look for an outdoor event that interests you most. Attend church programs and nourish your soul. Don't call or text him again. Give him space. Avoid his friends for now. Please don't jump into another relationship because you will hurt someone. It happened to me. I felt that someone can fill that vacuum she created but i ended up hurting innocent people.I pray that God will help you to move on.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 10:34pm On Jan 13, 2009
@Emcaluv

You were right when you said, "Maybe you had this feeling that you would have gone an extra mile to prevent the break-up",

I sure did, that's what hurts the most. Now that I have space from him, I can think clearly. And when my mind revisits certain parts of the relationship, I regret my approach(es) that ultimately led to the break up. Moreover, I apologized for the part I played in the breakup in the farewell email. That's why I was surprised he didn't even respond to my email, because I accepted my faults and wished him well. I didn't blame him for any wrong doing (although he obviously did play a part as well). I figured that if we can't be together, at least we can part amicably. Nonetheless, as far as the issues we had, it wasn't anything that could not be worked on, but he obviously felt differently. That's life though, you live and you learn. Anyway, as far as moving on/dating, it's hard to resist the temptation when men try to ask me out. I don't want to hurt anyone because I'm not ready to get back in the dating scene, so I think I will chill for now. wink
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by ariblaze(m): 12:53pm On Jan 14, 2009
@suga

time would heal or redefine your relationship

for the moment concentrate on other aspect of your life

go shopping grin
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 9:58pm On Jan 14, 2009
@ariblaze

Shopping is a great hobby of mine, grin
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by sheilchi(f): 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2009
@Sugar4luv

He was so  good but i treated him badly cos of wat he did earlier.now that i have realised my mistake, he doesnt care anymore cos of what i did to himangry.i find it difficult to move into another relationship cos i keep comparing him with others,it has not been easy but am still so much ALIFE.you can do it too dear
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2009
sheilchi:

@Sugar4luv

He was so  good but i treated him badly cos of wat he did earlier.now that i have realised my mistake, he doesnt care anymore cos of what i did to himangry.i find it difficult to move into another relationship cos i keep comparing him with others,it has not been easy but am still so much ALIFE.you can do it too dear

Yea, time will heal all wounds.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by minimynimo(m): 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2009
Please don't tell me you really believe that 'stuff', Sugar4ya.

Time does NOT heal all wounds. Time leaves scars. Scars are sensitive, constant reminders and fragile spots: a little scratch and we have an open wound.

Wounds are healed by proper treatment.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Suga4ya: 12:47am On Jan 17, 2009
minimynimo:

Please don't tell me you really believe that 'stuff', Sugar4ya.

Time does NOT heal all wounds. Time leaves scars. Scars are sensitive, constant reminders and fragile spots: a little scratch and we have an open wound.

Wounds are healed by proper treatment.

Scars are only as sensitive as you want them to be
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by Taken(m): 8:38am On Jan 17, 2009
Well, my assumption is that anything could have kept the Ex from responding.

Secondly like someone said, just move on. For you to be expecting some kind of reply from the Ex after the bombshell is selfish.
Have you considered whether your Ex is fighting some kinds of feelings/guilt or what have you too.

Just move on and forget it all together - you don't necessarily need any reply from your Ex - you said it already.
Re: My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email by NubianQ(f): 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2009
He is just not dat into u. dont waste d pretty, ignore him n move on, grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where Do I Hookup With Clean Sex Worker / Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once / Please, I Need Advice What Can I Do In This Situation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.