Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,325 members, 7,888,031 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:52 PM

Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women (7074 Views)

Kaduna Beggars Protest Ban By Government (Photo) / See Adams Oshiomhole's Children And Grandchildren At The Governor's Wedding(pic) / A Road Littered With Thorns. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by RichyBlacK(m): 9:50pm On Jan 26, 2009
People need to be reminded that in any society, religion and culture coexist only through a multifaceted interaction, and Islam is not immune from these cultural interactions.

That an observation is made in a given society, say Northern Nigeria, cannot be said to be as a result of Islam, but on the interaction of the base culture* with Islam. No doubt, there are many other Muslim societies in the world that are majorly different from what we may observe in present-day Northern Nigeria. Correspondingly, there are some non-Muslim societies that are similar!

*includes mores, values, history, government, etc.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by tpia: 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2009
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 26, 2009
tpia:

you mean his and your problems.
Most whining Nigerians sound like a broken record. Think outside the same old box occasionally.

We've heard the same old sob stories over and over again times without number. How many centuries will it take for Nigerians and blacks in general to throw off their weeping walrus outfit.

Is Nigeria without problems? The fact she has problems automatically means it's my problem because I'm Nigerian. I don't know about you.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Jan 26, 2009
roflmao!!!
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by tpia: 10:47pm On Jan 26, 2009
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 26, 2009
tpia:

His and your problems definitely arent mine.

I dont know where the two of you are referring to here:

but the reality on ground states there are very few countries in the world which produce nothing and import everything. If you know of any, kindly list them here. His post shows a poor understanding of global eceonimcs and all the Nigeria hatred in the world wont change that.

Remember I didn't quote Fhemmy, I quoted you on the recession statement you made. Nigeria's problems existed way before now. Your example of the current situation in Iceland is light years behind the situation in Nigeria, period.

Nigerian hatred? I don't think so. Hatred in this context is when Nigeria's problem aka his and mine is none of yours. And I presume you are the patriotic one here, right, since you don't whine?
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by tpia: 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2009
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by bawomolo(m): 2:37am On Jan 27, 2009
Today alone I'm reading about the Iceland govt collapsing on account of recession, tens of thousands more layoffs announced in the US, and just general worry all over the world and this kind of continuous half-truths by some typical nagging Nigerian bushmen, can get irritating sometimes.

The collapse of the Iceland government is due to the high expectations it's people have, currently Iceland's unemployment rate "spiked" to 8 percent with debt of about 20 billion pounds. People would be praising the Nigerian government if our unemployment rate was close to that of the US or Iceland. Our markets have been affected by the recession too. It's this kind of "nagging" that brought Obama to power.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by bawomolo(m): 2:42am On Jan 27, 2009
stillwater:

Nigerian hatred? I don't think so. Hatred in this context is when Nigeria's problem aka his and mine is none of yours. And I presume you are the patriotic one here, right, since you don't whine?

all hail nigeria grin
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by tpia: 4:36am On Jan 27, 2009
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by earTHMama: 8:04am On Jan 27, 2009
Roflmao @ whiners.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2009
Roflamo!!
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by Looklike2: 6:40pm On Jan 27, 2009
The problem is that since that man awolowo die, the people of yoruba had not had a leader but only greed men who do not care for their people expect thief who are appointed for them by northerners. so how they appoint the most hatered man in edo state. Anineh. who can not win local government election.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by tpia: 6:50pm On Jan 27, 2009
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by earTHMama: 6:51pm On Jan 27, 2009
The problem is that since that man awolowo die, the people of yoruba had not had a leader but only greed men who do not care for their people expect thief who are appointed for them by northerners. so how they appoint the most hatered man in edo state. Anineh. who can not win local government election
Must the 'people of yoruba' have a leader to excel in their personal lives?. Good leaders are only good for politics and allocation but I think it's old fashioned and not necessary in this 21st century.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by Looklike2: 6:57pm On Jan 27, 2009
Yar adua is the leader of the fulani /hausa. Yar adua by is action is not the leader of nigeria. So why cant igbo or yoruba have leaders.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by earTHMama: 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2009
Yar adua is the leader of the fulani /hausa[b]. Yar adua by is action is not the leader of nigeria[/b]. So why cant igbo or yoruba have leaders.
BecomeRich, Is that you?

Prove your claim by showing us maps where Yaradua is leading, abeg.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by Looklike2: 8:11pm On Jan 27, 2009
Orobo is that you. Why not get your fat ass to go look for a job. and have job like the rest of us. On yar adua, nigeria need to remove him. He is the worst president in nigeria history.

Orobo, No president at all . Is better than baba go slow. 2 year of empty promises. Only interested is hausa hausa. I decided this year, if by may nothing from yar adua. i would be moving to south africa. This man is empty.

One of my friend who use to come to lagos to see me, told me that when yar adua is talking about vision 2020. he is telling nigeria, the day he would leave office. And the idiot do not know.
My friend father is close to power in aso rock. So yar adua want to leave in 2020. That why he is talking about vision 2020. Do you know that Yar adua like IBB. have close to the same birthday. Loe. and they are the same.

Orobo. If by may nothing. I just got my first nigeria passport. I would leave to south africa and would not come back to nigeria again. never.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by earTHMama: 8:13pm On Jan 27, 2009
I will only believe your claims when I see satellite pictures.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On Jan 27, 2009
ta n tu ni orobo?? Who be Orobo for here Roflmao!!
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by mustafar1: 8:17pm On Jan 27, 2009
we need Nigcomsat1 pics to find that miss Kobo.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by Looklike2: 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2009
No mind orobo, she don start to drink her drug again. no be rose or wetin be your name.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by Uche2nna(m): 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2009
@ Oyb

Thanks for pointing out that the Koran does not support street begging. Coulda fooled me!!!!!

Maybe those clerics in the North to whom the welfare and religious growth of these almajiris have been entrusted have not come across those parts of the Koran yet undecided
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by Jarus(m): 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2009
Uche2nna:

@ Oyb

Thanks for pointing out that the Koran does not support street begging. Coulda fooled me!!!!!

Maybe those clerics in the North to whom the welfare and religious growth of these almajiris have been entrusted have not come across those parts of the Koran yet undecided

It is well-known. Even a Muslim that knows barely more than the basics like me knows that.
Following it is another thing.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by cvibe: 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2009
The beggars are not to blame as there are no social benefits from the Government.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by AloyEmeka9: 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2009
@ Oyb

Maybe those clerics in the North to whom the welfare and religious growth of these almajiris have been entrusted have not come across those parts of the Koran yet Undecided
It's highly possible because the koran is also against terrorism and other sorts of suicide bombing.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by mixy12(m): 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2009
I dont know what happened, I use to love sex and have it 9-10 times a week, but of a sudden i dont just feel like having sex again, hope its normal, i do have erections.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by ikeyman00(m): 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2009
I dont know what happened, I use to love sex and have it 9-10 times a week, but of a sudden i dont just feel like having sex again, hope its normal, i do have erections.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by ikeyman00(m): 10:47pm On Jan 28, 2009
well hah to all the critcics  i can emm tell you if anyone has any doubt emm 2nite is the answer haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhaha

you are now pronounce benin big time gay boy
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 29, 2009
So sad. It's not just a Yoruba problem. It's a Nigerian issue too. Religion obviously plays a part.

Religions are so outdated. Every religion!!
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by ifele(m): 2:32am On Jan 30, 2009
1. This is not an issue about religion so it does not matter if the beggars are Christian or Muslim.
2. Yorubas are not very good at taking care of the poor in their society so you see the only welfare they
get is from begging.
3. Unemployment is everywhere and believe me it is all man-made. Yes
4. The devils jack up the unemployment rate just before major wars such as WW2 so that they can get a lot
of poor young people both male and females to fight their wars for them.
5. Thats what gonna happen in Nigeria. War is coming. The unemployed youth are more willing to believe in
racist and tribalist propaganda which start the forestfire of war. Read the signs.
6. Nigerians do not want to believe the war is coming but a lot know it is.
The signs: mass hunger, food shortage, high youth unemployment, widespread paranoia, hatred for government, high incidence of organized crime(fraud), economic failure and depression, economic migration etc.
Re: Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2009
Do you really believe all that jazz you list there?? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

VIDEO: Oba Of Lagos Drowning Igbos In The Lagoon / Ekweremadu Disowns Twitter Handle, Denies Commenting On National Assembly Brawl / Graphic Photos: Somebody Please Save Plateau State From Fulanis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.