Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,449 members, 7,961,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (68881 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:22pm On Feb 08, 2009
Ronaldo. . .ever entertaining grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:23pm On Feb 08, 2009
Offside. . .damn! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:24pm On Feb 08, 2009
Berbatov. . . . , GOAL!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no, offside!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2009
So Giggs is the corner man for today? I seriously have my doubts. . .first one was too weak,second one too powerful. *sigh*
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:27pm On Feb 08, 2009
Cristalz:

So Giggs is the corner man for today? I seriously have my doubts. . .first one was too weak,second one too powerful. *sigh*

Especially when Carrick is better with it.
Fergie's decisions sometimes make one cringe.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2009
Now this is an interesting game!
My sweethearts at the back had better watch it.  .  .the way they keep slicing through the defense is not funny anymore.

@S
Is it Fergie that decides who takes the kicks, or the captain?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 08, 2009
The Hammers bench is so weak.
Worst case scenerio, a draw.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:30pm On Feb 08, 2009
Cristalz:

@S
Is it Fergie that decides who takes the kicks, or the captain?

Would Giggsy be taking it from the bench??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 08, 2009
Collison is a fool !!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2009
@Sauron
You don't seem to get.  .  .I'm asking who picks the player(s) to take the kicks - the corners and free kicks. Usually a particular player or players are selected for the duty. Who makes the selection is what I'm asking.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:40pm On Feb 08, 2009
Cristalz:

@Sauron
You don't seem to get.  .  .I'm asking who picks the player(s) to take the kicks - the corners and free kicks. Usually a particular player or players are selected for the duty. Who makes the selection is what I'm asking.

Anyone can take it but Giggsy being a veteran can't be questioned. . . . .
Carrick's dead ball delivery his superb and i expect Giggsy as a player to realise that and let Carrick take em.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 5:42pm On Feb 08, 2009
Cristalz:

@Sauron

In some teams, some players nominate themselves for whatever they are good at and if the rest of the team agrees, then kosher

Other teams, it is what the coaching staff sees in training that helps them make an informed decision on who to do what on the pitch

This is only based on situations that i have been in, heard off or seen with my eyes!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 08, 2009
Battle of the midfield.
W'Ham might just surprise United. . .i'm beginning to feel it. undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:45pm On Feb 08, 2009
Thank you Saint Devil Sauron.

You too Brash.  .  .that was illuminating. Giggs should know better.  .  .he's poor with corners.Just once in a while good ones.

West Ham's defense is well-organized.  .  .if we don't up our tempo and attempt more shots it just might get frustrating soon enough. And that's when mistakes happen.
Come on United!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2009
See Jose busily taking notes. . .UCL ain't no joke this time around grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:50pm On Feb 08, 2009
Half time already??
Both teams have been head-to-head.  .  .only complaint I have is their defense seems to be tighter than ours. Only adv is our GK is better.  .  .but shyte does happen.
Fergie remember we need a win o. . .can't have Rafa grinning smugly all week grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:50pm On Feb 08, 2009
Cristalz:

West Ham's defense is well-organized.  .  .if we don't up our tempo and attempt more shots it just might get frustrating soon enough. And that's when mistakes happen.
Come on United!!

We need penetration on the flanks. . . . I expect Nani/Park to come in the 2nd half.

Giggsy has been a waste-pipe on the flanks. . . .He doesnt track back and delivery has been rubbish.
Take Scholesy n Giggsy out. . . . .Bring in Park n Fletcher(water carriers) and you would see incursions and creativity.
Our attack is too static and Tevez is not doing much running on the shoulders of Hammers defence.

I expect a better 2nd half though.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 08, 2009
Cristalz:

See Jose busily taking notes. . .UCL ain't no joke this time around grin

Surely, SAF will panic a likkle grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:56pm On Feb 08, 2009
@S
I think Tev and Berba have been okay,they just lack deftness and creativity today. That's Ronny's specialty.  .  .he should make his way into the middle more often and help out there.
And someone needs to tell him to quit running straight into the midst of defenders. He can't get past all the time.

Scholes is the only one attempting the shots,which have been precious few. Park is definitely a better choice than Giggs, but maybe Scholes should stay on.

@Bluediva
SAF doesn't panic.  .  .he ponders grin Besides,he doesn't need to go around spying like Jose.Hez got his own henchmen who are busy observing Mourinho's team too.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by superstar1(m): 5:59pm On Feb 08, 2009
No Shaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We are marching on.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:05pm On Feb 08, 2009
Cristalz:

@S
I think Tev and Berba have been okay,they just lack deftness and creativity. That's Ronny's specialty.  .  .he should make his way into the middle more often and help out there.
And someone needs to tell him to quit running straight into the midst of defenders. He can't get past all the time.

Tev and Berba will complete 90 minutes( we have few options for em on the bench).
Ronnie has been good and he won't stop knocking doors on that left side for Man Utd.
I think one of Scholes/Giggsy should come out for Park. . . . . .Let Giggsy move to the middle and partner Carrick while Park hugs the right flank.

Scholes is the only one attempting the shots,which have been precious few. Park is definitely a better choice than Giggs, but maybe Scholes should stay on.

We can't carry 2 old men on this plane. . . . . .One of em should stay on the bench and let the young blood do it.

@Bluediva
SAF doesn't panic.  .  .he ponders grin Besides,he doesn't need to go around spying like Jose.Hez got his own henchmen who are busy observing Mourinho's team too.

Jose is trying to advertise himself to Chelsea fans. . . . . . .I AM HERE, SACK SCOLARI. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:08pm On Feb 08, 2009
What's happening? Why is the defense so leaky??

~Sauron~:

Jose is trying to advertise himself to Chelsea fans. . . . . . .I AM HERE, SACK SCOLARI. grin grin grin

LOL grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by superstar1(m): 6:10pm On Feb 08, 2009
SAF had better pull out scoles and Giggs with immediate effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:10pm On Feb 08, 2009
See the way that black dude went on a staring contest with Ronaldo grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:12pm On Feb 08, 2009
Giggs angry Back pass was to who??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2009
Cristalz:

Giggs angry Back pass was to who??

Lazy Giggsy. . . . . .Trying exhibition football amongst 17 markers.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2009
Common Hammers!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 08, 2009
Time to bring in the chinco to run at the Hammers.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:17pm On Feb 08, 2009
nateevs:

Common Hammers!

Delete the 's' in your name and support accordingly tongue grin

They are more dangerous when they attack than we are. It's annoying. Fergie shouldn't leave the subs till too late. . .we need to change things up there.It's like these guys have mastered all our moves. New moves are in order!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:18pm On Feb 08, 2009
Silly Lucas. Do it again and get a red please grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2009
Basically same play as the first half.
A mistake from either side will determine this one.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2009
Vidic shoulda been booked. Is this referee suffering from hypermetropia? angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 / Arsenal Vs Manchester City : FA Cup Semi-Final (2 - 0) On 18th July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.