Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:48 PM

Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. (13348 Views)

Julius Nyerere Has A Lesson For Buhari (video) / Opinion: The Incoming SGF Should be Dr Anyim Nyerere (photo) / Asari Dokubo Flaunts Allegiance With Biafran Struggle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 11:27am On May 17, 2015
BIAFRA’S PROVINCES & ADMINISTRATORS
Aba
Mr. Moses Onwuma*
Abakaliki
Mr. Samuel Mgbada
Annang
Chief Ekukinam Bassey
Awka
Mr. Paul Nwokedi
Calabar
Prof. Eyo Bassey Ndem
Degema
Mr. S. N. Dikibo
Eket
Mr. S. J. Edoho
Enugu
Mr. Christian Chukwuma Onoh
Nsukka
Mr. Frank Onyeke
Ogoja
Mr. Frank Ugbut
Oji River
Dr. Godwin A. Odenigwe
Okigwe
Mr. Sam I. Mbakwe
Onitsha
Mr. R. I. Iweka
Opobo
Dr. S. J. Cookey
Orlu
Mr. R. I. Uzoma
Owerri
Mr. Duke Njiribeakor
Port Harcourt
Mr. Emmanuel Aguma
Umuahia
Mr. Simeon Ojukwu
Uyo
Chief J. Udo-Affiah
Yenegoa
Chief Frank Opigo

Above are the list of Biafran provinces with their administrators. Ojukwu offered the non Igbo groups better deal than Gowon ever did, but folks were blinded by Igbophobia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Nobody: 11:32am On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

Ojukwu exhausted all peaceful means to resolve the conflict. He was even open to UN supervised plebiscite in Biafra. Gowon sure of victory with British unlimited weapon supply declined all peaceful means, he was itching for war, he knew he stood a greater chance of victory at the war front, so he scuttled every means to peaceful resolution. Why make compromise on the table, when you can have it all at the war front? That seem to be Gowon's motto.
I took my time to review the events, I can't help but wonder whether we all have value 4 human lives. Some wars are avoidable, some tensions also are, Some deaths are avoidable too. We should put the events behind us because they will spark emotions. What we need is to learn important lessons and fine tune our present day struggle for liberation in the most appropriate and strategic manner.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Nobody: 11:32am On May 17, 2015
"We,the people of biafra, convinced of the justness of our cause, never doubted for a moment that justice would prevail and freedom will be ours. This faith in our ultimate freedom was what kept biafrans slugging on for 3yrs in spite of various setbacks, to the astonishment of the whole world. We felt that having been so unjustly treated, humiliated and massared, God and international opinion could not stand idly by and allow us to be exterminated in our homeland. Unfortunately for our innocent naive people, political and military logic dont follow sentimental lines"

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Nobody: 11:38am On May 17, 2015
I disagree with the "Igbophobia" position. I rather say a mix of ignorance and misunderstanding for majority of the non Igbo Eastern tribes and selfishness for some of our politicians and officers as at that time.
pazienza:
Aba
Mr. Moses Onwuma*
Abakaliki
Mr. Samuel Mgbada
Annang
Chief Ekukinam Bassey
Awka
Mr. Paul Nwokedi
Calabar
Prof. Eyo Bassey Ndem
Degema
Mr. S. N. Dikibo
Eket
Mr. S. J. Edoho
Enugu
Nsukka
Mr. Frank Onyeke
Ogoja
Mr. Frank Ugbut
Oji River
Dr. Godwin A. Odenigwe
Okigwe
Mr. Sam I. Mbakwe
Onitsha
Mr. R. I. Iweka
Opobo
Dr. S. J. Cookey
Orlu
Mr. R. I. Uzoma
Owerri
Mr. Duke Njiribeakor
Port Harcourt
Mr. Emmanuel Aguma
Umuahia
Mr. Simeon Ojukwu
Uyo
Chief J. Udo-Affiah
Yenegoa
Chief Frank Opigo

Above are the list of Biafran provinces with their administrators. Ojukwu offered the non Igbo groups better deal than Gowon ever did, but folks were blinded by Igbophobia.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by AnambraDota: 11:39am On May 17, 2015
DiademSh07:

Where did he say his account was hacked?
Ibos and lies! Very synonymous.
What he said was that his words was manipulated. In his social media account, he made a statement that the ibos have started laying claim to other peoples' land and will then cry foul when they are being killed like suyas in the North, south africa, asia continent or when they being 'bused' down from Lagos to SE. He continued that whatever happens to them in south africa is no business of his but in Lagos, they will continue to 'bus' them back to SE.
That was the statement he made but the cry babies turned his statement into headline like 'Nigerian doctor wants igbo to be killed', 'Dr. Ariyo says people should kill all ibos' and e.t.c. That is the manipulation Dr. Ariyo was talking about, he never said someone hacked his social media account.
Did I make mention of ibo and comprehension problem? Geez!

www.nairaland.com/2271035/dr-ariyo-responds-accusation-igbo

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Nobody: 11:40am On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

I don't know his motives, but whatever his motives were, it's obvious that it wasn't pro Igbo, it was more of personal selfishness.

Osadebey and Okpara didn't willingly surrender their thrones and visions for the East and Midwest, they were forced to by Ironsi, likewise Orizu the speaker.

Okpara had plans of placing PH ahead of Lagos, he had been working on that plan diligently with just revenues from Enugu coal and Palm oil plantations spread mostly in Igboland and Ibibiolands, just when he got crude wealth to accelerate that master plan of his, Nzeogwu and his boys put a stop to everything.

there are online reports that a jihad led my sardauna was to be launched about a day after the coup. That prompted the coup plotters to execute the coup and get rid of sardauna and Co. Thereby saving Nigeria from the act of being Islamized.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 11:44am On May 17, 2015
barcanista:
I disagree with the "Igbophobia" position. I rather say a mix of ignorance and misunderstanding for majority of the non Igbo Eastern tribes and selfishness for some of our politicians and officers as at that time.

You have a point.Ignorance played a bigger role in all of it.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Nobody: 11:47am On May 17, 2015
barcanista:
I took my time to review the events, I can't help but wonder whether we all have value 4 human lives. Some wars are avoidable, some tensions also are, Some deaths are avoidable too. We should put the events behind us because they will spark emotions. What we need is to learn important lessons and fine tune our present day struggle for liberation in the most appropriate and strategic manner.
DIPLOMACY and REDERENDUM.

If to go by referendum then the indegenes of the Biafran region must be educated on the benefits of having true federalism in a Biafran state. This enlightenment would put them in position to accept Biafran dream should referendum be the last deal.

This enlightenment and awareness must be deployed to avoid similar cases of the 60's where the non Igbo tribes of Biafran region were mostly anti Biafra as result of sheer ignorance.

The leaders of non igbo tribes and elected officials in Niger delta must be briefed and in accordance with this also.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 11:50am On May 17, 2015
zendy:

Oh really? My independence day is 30th May, the date of the declaration of Biafra.

grin grin grin grin grin grin Indeed.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Remarkable: 11:59am On May 17, 2015
superstar1:
Wonderful write up but 2 key things are critically missing :

1. He brushed over the incidence of Jan 1966 as if it was a none issue. Maybe, he did not understand the import of that singular action that spiralled out of control because he is not a Nigerian.

2. He also failed to disclose his blossoming friendship with Zik in this write up, in the spirit of objectivity. There is no way most of what he wrote would not have been based on hearsays of Zik. It took several diplomatic trips for Zik to convince Nyerere to recognise the new country and it was even done on friendship basis. He would have been fair enough to tell us in his write up that Zik was his very good friend.

.. he also didn't highlight the state of the nation that led to the Jan. '66 coup, and how the citizenry were yearning for a revolution; the cause of that coup would have been good insight.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 11:59am On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

Again, you are running in cycles. Remember that you are yet to prove how the control of the regions were not more beneficial to Ndiigbo more than the centralization of the government, considering the newly acquired crude oil wealth of the Midwestern and Eastern regions.

Now to address your current post.

Is it possible that the same reason why Orizu refused to swear Dipcharima in, was the exact reason why Ogundipe refused to pick up the mantle following Ironsi's death. You don't want to be on the way of an armed power hungry man with troops at his command. Do you ever consider the fact that Orizu was a human and 'might be scared of his life?

Why was Ironsi interested in taking over? Did you really ask that question? A man who had tested power as a high ranked military officer was presented with an opportunity to rule a country, and you wonder why he desired power? Isn't the desire for power a primordial instinct of most humans?

Ironsi was interested in power because he was a human being, and not because he had a secret meeting with Ndiigbo.

Why Zik was not in the country during the coup, no one knows, but it's also on record that the impending coup was a public knowledge that most top government officials knew about, perhaps Zik was more careful than the rest.

Either way, it doesn't matter, as you are yet to tell me how the control of a centralized FG would have served Ndiigbo better than the control of the Nigerian two oil rich regions, considering the 50:50 revenue sharing formula between the regions and the FG.

That is where greed, acting-before-thinking and lack of foresight comes in. Ironsi should have been contented with being in control as HOS and he should have left the regions the way they were. He created a monstrous political structure that is eating us all up.

Back to your question. A centralised govt would have given the Ibos the chance to fully harness the opportunities that abounds in the north then, knowing fully well that the Northern Regions was not as well educated as the south, It would have given them the opportunity to take over all the civil service jobs in the north. We are all aware of the open bigotry of Sardauna, publicly saying they will consider foreigners for employment first before southerners.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 17, 2015
after1:
[s][/s]

Trash from a jobless old man that still live with his aged mother in the village. Its only on nairaland we see fools open thread to curse and insult other tribe and still say people hate them. You insult other tribes and still want them to love you, are you insane? Channel the energy you use in cursing other tribes to your worthless life, you have been stagnant for years and your younger brothers now feed you. Sit and think deeply about your useless life cos you are just a walking corpse.
this is your 8th moniker bruteforce, brforce, subway 101, kororugged and others, do you know why nobody takes you serious is because you don't make any meaningful comment apart from curses and insults.

Were you deprived in your childhood

Were you abused by your maid in your childhood

Did your parents have sex with you in your childhood

Were you bullied in your childhood

Were you dumped by your gf in your adulthood

Are you from a broken home

Do you have insomnia

Do you have acute migraine

Plz try to answer my questions in a cultured manner so that I can recommend the drugs you need to take and schedule you for counselling.

Thanks.

Ecoterrors

Your Shrink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by SOUNDKING: 12:03pm On May 17, 2015
after1:

They committed suicide but the Biafra leader Ojuiku ran away in the middle of the night yet you call him your Hero. Bookmarked!
kings are primary the object to protect during wars...go and learn.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 12:05pm On May 17, 2015
Remarkable:

.. he also didn't highlight the state of the nation that led to the Jan. '66 coup, and how the citizenry were yearning for a revolution; the cause of that coup would have been good insight.

Nice angle to the untwining of this convoluted mess.

What were the events that led to the coup, that justified selective killings of leaders of other regions?

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by DiademSh07: 12:11pm On May 17, 2015
AnambraDota:

www.nairaland.com/2271035/dr-ariyo-responds-accusation-igbo

Show me where he said his account was hacked? 'cos what I saw is 'fabricated, manipulated and cooked up e.t.c'.
Borrow some brain pls.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by SOUNDKING: 12:17pm On May 17, 2015
AnambraDota:

If after the war that Nigeria is a peaceful place I will call Ojukwu a proud and arrogant power hungry man, but after the war.

Maitatasine in North,

Cartoon Riot killings,

US invasion of Iraq killings,

US invasion of Afghanistan Riot,

Boko hara everyday,

Ombatse group,

Militancy in Niger Delta,

ethnic cleansiing in Middle Belt,

Odi Massacre,

Zaki Biam,

election killings of 2011,

Miss World riots,

Reihard Bonke riot,

Israeli fight with Hammas riot,

Fulanis everyday killing of people.

Ethno Reliigious killings in Jos.

Fulani vs Jukun.

Tiv vs Jukun.

Fulanis vs Berom.

Killing killing killing everyday , blood everywhere.

Am yet to see any period in Nigeria timeline with 24 months without major bloodshed.

Who do the Zulus blame, the Zulus blame the Biafrans for seeking peace.

The Zulu king threatened to drown voters of particular tribe in the lagon.

A zulu youngman on twiiter called for the killing of the Biafrans.

A zulu doctor called for the elimination of the Biafrans.

A zulu governor deported Biafrans back to their land.

The zulus and their masters don't want Biafrans in Biafra and they don't want them in Nigeria.

They initiate high cut off mark to limit the Biafrans from gaining admissiona, they used quota system to scheme the Biafrans out in the system, they used zoning formular to make sure the number of Biafrans that merited every position is checkmated when Biafrans compalin they say they are fond of complaining.

Other have six and seven states but five were given to the Biafrans,
Thank God Biafrans have annexed some parts of Europe, what we lose here we gain it overthere.

i don't see the reason why God of host will not bless you with more knoledge, my faither yet told me no matter the pains of war a day in biafra even as a troubled nation was better than 100years in nigeria,the brotherliness was too much, people provided food to the soldiers near them,at their own pace,people pay tax willinglly,that made me love Biafra more.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 17, 2015
Vessi:
DIPLOMACY and REDERENDUM.

If to go by referendum then the indegenes of the Biafran region must be educated on the benefits of having true federalism in a Biafran state. This enlightenment would put them in position to accept Biafran dream should referendum be the last deal.

This enlightenment and awareness must be deployed to avoid similar cases of the 60's where the non Igbo tribes of Biafran region were mostly anti Biafra as result of sheer ignorance.

The leaders of non igbo tribes and elected officials in Niger delta must be briefed and in accordance with this also.
I am in agreement with this. The awareness is high but needs improvement. Personally, I can't count on some of our elected officials especially those in Abuja because some of them(if not most) are self-centered stooges that serves their own interests and not our collective goal. God Help Biafra Republic

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by millionaireman: 12:25pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:
Aba
Mr. Moses Onwuma*
Abakaliki
Mr. Samuel Mgbada
Annang
Chief Ekukinam Bassey
Awka
Mr. Paul Nwokedi
Calabar
Prof. Eyo Bassey Ndem
Degema
Mr. S. N. Dikibo
Eket
Mr. S. J. Edoho
Enugu
Nsukka
Mr. Frank Onyeke
Ogoja
Mr. Frank Ugbut
Oji River
Dr. Godwin A. Odenigwe
Okigwe
Mr. Sam I. Mbakwe
Onitsha
Mr. R. I. Iweka
Opobo
Dr. S. J. Cookey
Orlu
Mr. R. I. Uzoma
Owerri
Mr. Duke Njiribeakor
Port Harcourt
Mr. Emmanuel Aguma
Umuahia
Mr. Simeon Ojukwu
Uyo
Chief J. Udo-Affiah
Yenegoa
Chief Frank Opigo

Brain-wash the people of southsouth, then divide them from the Igbo so that no group can raise any strong opposition as rest of Nigeria exploits the southsouth and southeast areas - the tactic worked perfectly well for the rest of Nigeria outside the southsouth and the southeast since 1966.

But no body ought to blame the people of today's southsouth for any Igbophobia. Reason: the southsouth areas were among the earliest Biafra territories to be captured by Nigeria's forces; the people thus had little or no choice than to follow Nigeria. Nigeria then told them that the Igbo was their enemy who wanted to use them as slaves in Biafra. That wrong perception still lingers in the minds of some people in the southsouth.
After the war, Chief Melford Okilo, then governor of Rivers state, built a stadium in PH and called it Liberation Stadium - liberation of Rivers people from the Igbo.

The provinces of old Biafra as shown above need to constitute the provinces in new Biafra. There is still need to assure some doubting Thomases in the southsouth and southeast that new Biafra is going to be ruled by FISCAL FEDERALISM; it is going to be a country founded on EQUALITY FOR EVERY CITIZEN. Any number of provinces can group to direct how to tap and manage the resources in their domain and pay little tax to a thin central government.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by after1: 12:28pm On May 17, 2015
[s]
ECOTERRORS:
this is your 8th moniker bruteforce, brforce, subway 101, kororugged and others, do you know why nobody takes you serious is because you don't make any meaningful comment apart from curses and insults.

Were you deprived in your childhood

Were you abused by your maid in your childhood

Did your parents have sex with you in your childhood

Were you bullied in your childhood

Were you dumped by your gf in your adulthood

Are you from a broken home

Do you have insomnia

Do you have acute migraine

Plz try to answer my questions in a cultured manner so that I can recommend the drugs you need to take and schedule you for counselling.

Thanks.

Ecoterrors

Your Shrink
[/s]

May devil punish me if am those monikers you listed, may you and your generations perish if you lie, may you never do anything good with your life anymore till you join your ancestors if am not the owner of those monikers. Also, May you never prosper if you are a Male using F to deceive people on nairaland. Amen.... Say Amen!!!!! I am waiting before i fire you back with a normal response.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by after1: 12:29pm On May 17, 2015
SOUNDKING:
kings are primary the object to protect during wars...go and learn.

What the f.uck is this gibberish?

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by SonOfEl(m): 12:33pm On May 17, 2015
zendy:

There is no territorial integrity to protect if the state has no legitimacy.

what makes statehood legitimate?
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Remarkable: 12:39pm On May 17, 2015
Vessi:
there are online reports that a jihad led my sardauna was to be launched about a day after the coup. That prompted the coup plotters to execute the coup and get rid of sardauna and Co. Thereby saving Nigeria from the act of being Islamized.

a lot of people don't know this... but only heaven knows what Nzeogwu and co. saved the rest of Nigeria from... and the price Igbos had to pay.... the question I am not sure of though is if it was worth it? I'm leaning more to believe that it was... because at least a statement has been made and shown that we don't roll over - we stand up to you.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by SOUNDKING: 12:41pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

Definitely the demented you woke up this morning, omo ti o niran.

Your father told you and you are not even ashamed of yourself. Lazy way out of having an informed knowledge. Some of us did not wait for our fathers to tell us, we read every book and article available on the war. That was the same way Chimamanda was telling us how her uncle told her his make-me-feel-good tales by moonlight stories.

Do yourself a great service of reading up.

His colleagues committed suicide and their supposed sissy leader spared his own life by dressing as a woman while running away to Abidjan.

Definitely they died a worthless death just like suicide bombers of Boko Haram,
your hatred had made you not know, that the best side of a story is from an eye witness, this is it, my father fought in the war under x brigade let by major joe achuzia,he show me pix of himseft with H.M.G, the way he told me the story was similar to what i heard from other people including what i saw online,history is pased from father to children may be you were not opportuned to sit with your father for reasons best known to you.in my biafra land when someone told you, ''his father said'' you have to respect him cos he is seen as responsible. Irresponsible people don't have any story to pass from their father to their children.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 12:46pm On May 17, 2015
SOUNDKING:
your hatred had made you not know, that the best side of a story is from an eye witness, this is it, my father fought in the war under x brigade let by major joe achuzia,he show me pix of himseft with H.M.G, the way he told me the story was similar to what i heard from other people including what i saw online,history is pased from father to children may be you were not opportuned to sit with your father for reasons best known to you.in my biafra land when someone told you, ''his father said'' you have to respect him cos he is seen as responsible. Irresponsible people don't have any story to pass from their father to their children.

I laugh in Greek.

Your father told you of his false heroics. If he was such an hero, he would also have joined his friends to commit suicide. Why did he not?

Your father was resoundingly defeated and he had to tell you a story to make him look like a superman that he never was and he will never be.

How do you expect the story of your father to be objective? Tell the world how many books you have read n the war and not the tales by moonlight story that was told you by your father, under the orange tree.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by SOUNDKING: 12:47pm On May 17, 2015
AnambraDota:

Nobody is behind those hate mongering except the Zulus on Southern Nigeria, they are everywhere calling for disaster and hate against Igbos but they won't challange a Fulani man that call the Kaffirs.
Their kings want Igbos death, their intellectuuals want igbos destroyed, their youth are singing disaster to igbos because they covetous people who are obsessed about others properties.

They tell you tell will take over your houses when Biafra is actualize to show you they are no different from the Zulus in SA who can't stand a whiteman but will fight a blackman.

These zulus of Nigeria with their lagoon drunk bribe collector called king lilwayne is an inferior muslim, a cripple gambari worth more than him in a mosque
you deserve a million likes. They never know that when we gain freedom the properties they are eying will not be theirs unless the true owners wants to sell it,you see, this people don't know anything about international law.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 12:48pm On May 17, 2015
Vessi:

Absolute rubbish and mega lies.

Even the coupists never said that in their broadcast. What type of Jihad can Sardauna lead in 1966? Abeg, even if we are to make up some stories, let them have substance.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by SOUNDKING: 12:50pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

I laugh in Greek.

Your father told you of his false heroics. If he was such an hero, he would also have joined his friends to commit suicide. Why did he not?

Your father was resoundingly defeated and he had to tell you a story to make him look like a superman that he never was and he will never be.

How do you expect the story of your father to be objective? Tell the world how many books you have read n the war and not the tales by moonlight story that was told you by your father, under the orange tree.
am working on one system based software that could stop foools from mentioning my posts,keep having a field day till am done.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Remarkable: 12:51pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

What were the events that led to the coup, that justified selective killings of leaders of other regions?

... one thing for sure is that the citizens were on edge, you really asking? you don't know the political crisis that was bedeviling the union? if i'll call it that
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 12:55pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

That is where greed, acting-before-thinking and lack of foresight comes in. Ironsi should have been contented with being in control as HOS and he should have left the regions the way they were. He created a monstrous political structure that is eating us all up.

Back to your question. A centralised govt would have given the Ibos the chance to fully harness the opportunities that abounds in the north then, knowing fully well that the Northern Regions was not as well educated as the south, It would have given them the opportunity to take over all the civil service jobs in the north. We are all aware of the open bigotry of Sardauna, publicly saying they will consider foreigners for employment first before southerners.

So, you really believe that the petty northern jobs were more lucrative than the newly discovered crude oil wealth of the Eastern and Western region, that the so called greedy Igbo man would give up the enormous crude wealth of the East and Midwest for the crumbs found in the North?

Surely even you must know that those two ideas doesn't add up.

Ironsi policies were clearly anti Igbo when clinically dissected. He couldn't be acting on behalf of Ndiigbo, the man was acting of his own behalf.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Remarkable: 12:58pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

If at any point in your lifetime you want to be objective, one way is to check your personal bias is to use the basic labelling of events with letters or number.

X happened, and it led to Y which led to Z.

Your question then is what is X, right? You have to tell me your age first, so i'll know how to further educate you...

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 17, 2015
barcanista:
I am in agreement with this. The awareness is high but needs improvement. Personally, I can't count on some of our elected officials especially those in Abuja because some of them(if not most) are self-centered stooges that serves their own interests and not our collective goal. God Help Biafra Republic
that's the difficult part. Because elected leaders can easily sway their constituencies on a particular direction especially to vote for a referendum.

The problem is any elected official who stands up in NASS to insist on true federalism or have it in another country will be lynched upon by the old vultures IBB Gowon Obasanjo and the rest of the old military cabals.

Only a brave and heroic leader can do this. This is not a child's journey.

If our leaders are too calm and pleasing to do what will benefit our region most, we would take up our destiny on our own hands and fight for our just cause through diplomacy, peaceful enlightenment/awareness campaigns and referendum.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 17, 2015
after1:
[s][/s]

May devil punish me if am those monikers you listed, may you and your generations perish if you lie, may you never do anything good with your life anymore till you join your ancestors if am not the owner of those monikers. Also, May you never prosper if you are a Male using F to deceive people on nairaland. Amen.... Say Amen!!!!! I am waiting before i fire you back with a normal response.
I wil hold back your drugs from you until you stop cussing, pm me to apologise sad
after1:
[s][/s]

I wil hold back your drugs from you until you stop cussing, pm me to apologise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Army Begins Construction Of Road To Sambisa / Saraki Joins Other Muslims To Pray For Nigeria (Photo) / Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.