Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 12:00 AM

Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. (13353 Views)

Julius Nyerere Has A Lesson For Buhari (video) / Opinion: The Incoming SGF Should be Dr Anyim Nyerere (photo) / Asari Dokubo Flaunts Allegiance With Biafran Struggle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

Absolute rubbish and mega lies.

Even the coupists never said that in their broadcast. What type of Jihad can Sardauna lead in 1966? Abeg, even if we are to make up some stories, let them have substance.
even after you have read speech by northern premiers on taking over Nigeria and using the rest of Nigeria as stooges? My friend wake up!!!

It has been some time I read that report hence a bit difficult to dig out. But be rest assured if you dig deep. You will find it. Report was by one within the circles of first coup plotters.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 1:10pm On May 17, 2015
Vessi:
even after you have read speech by northern premiers on taking over Nigeria and using the rest of Nigeria as stooges? My friend wake up!!!

It has been some time I read that report hence a bit difficult to dig out. But be rest assured if you dig deep. You will find it. Report was by one within the circles of first coup plotters.

i have scouted the net far and wide, i did not see anything of such.

If you do, kindly post here for us to see and analyse.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 1:12pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

So, you really believe that the petty northern jobs were more lucrative than the newly discovered crude oil wealth of the Eastern and Western region, that the so called greedy Igbo man would give up the enormous crude wealth of the East and Midwest for the crumbs found in the North?

Surely even you must know that those two ideas doesn't add up.

Ironsi policies were clearly anti Igbo when clinically dissected. He couldn't be acting on behalf of Ndiigbo, the man was acting of his own behalf.

How many people were aware of the new found oil and what was the price of oil as at then. Oil boom was in the 70s.

Igbos groups should have declared publicly that Ironsi was acting on his own.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by vanunu: 1:13pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

Were the perpetrators of the 1st coup brought to justice?

Was that fair on others.

Were the perpetrators of 1966 genocide in which 30,000 innocent men, women and children were killed , brought to justice. For ur information none of those army officers were set free by ironsi, they were all in detention awaiting trial .
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by knowledgeable: 1:29pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:
Wonderful write up but 2 key things are critically missing :

1. He brushed over the incidence of Jan 1966 as if it was a none issue. Maybe, he did not understand the import of that singular action that spiralled out of control because he is not a Nigerian.

2. He also failed to disclose his blossoming friendship with Zik in this write up, in the spirit of objectivity. There is no way most of what he wrote would not have been based on hearsays of Zik. It took several diplomatic trips for Zik to convince Nyerere to recognise the new country and it was even done on friendship basis. He would have been fair enough to tell us in his write up that Zik was his very good friend.

Which ever way the above points you've pointed out is pointing to has been invalidated and at the same vindicated the Igbos by boko haram and all it stand for as regards to Igbo quest for self preservation. That's if you can objectively connect the dots here.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 1:29pm On May 17, 2015
vanunu:

Were the perpetrators of 1966 genocide in which 30,000 innocent men, women and children were killed , brought to justice. For ur information none of those army officers were set free by ironsi, they were all in detention awaiting trial .

Which action preceded the genocide?

They were not set free but they were lounging and artying around. Awolowo was sent to Prison in Eastern Region, Wole Soyinka was sent to prison in the north for backing Biafra, Why were the coupists sent to Eastern Region fPrisons?

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by after1: 1:30pm On May 17, 2015
[s]
ECOTERRORS:
I wil hold back your drugs from you until you stop cussing, pm me to apologise sad I wil hold back your drugs from you until you stop cussing, pm me to apologise
[/s]

Son of a thousand father, say Amen and stop spewing jargons. I will always make nairaland hell for you and your likes, scam artist like you will never have rest of mind. Ediotic dingbat
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 1:31pm On May 17, 2015
knowledgeable:

Which ever way the above points you've pointed out is pointing to has been invalidated and at the same vindicated the Igbos by boko haram and all it stand for as regards to Igbo quest for self preservation. That's if you can objectively connect the dots here.

they are 2 different incidents. The only connecting dot here is secession.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 1:33pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

How many people were aware of the new found oil and what was the price of oil as at then. Oil boom was in the 70s.

Igbos groups should have declared publicly that Ironsi was acting on his own.

Oil boom was in 70s you say, yet for many times, Ndiigbo had been accused of wanting Biafra because of greed to have the oil wealth of East and Midwest to ourselves. How do you reconcile this your admission that Oil was a non factor in the 60s with this accusation.

How many times have Ndiigbo been declaring publicly that Ironsi, Nzeogwu acted on their own? Are you People listening to that or are you lots more interested in making the Igbo villains by all means?

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by SOUNDKING: 1:35pm On May 17, 2015
Vessi:
that's the difficult part. Because elected leaders can easily sway their constituencies on a particular direction especially to vote for a referendum.

The problem is any elected official who stands up in NASS to insist on true federalism or have it in another country will be lynched upon by the old vultures IBB Gowon Obasanjo and the rest of the old military cabals.

Only a brave and heroic leader can do this. This is not a child's journey.

If our leaders are too calm and pleasing to do what will benefit our region most, we would take up our destiny on our own hands and fight for our just cause through diplomacy, peaceful enlightenment/awareness campaigns and referendum.
i am with you.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by knowledgeable: 1:46pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

Pazienza let us discuss the topic objectively because it is a lovely write up that is intellectually sound enough for informative discussion.

Drop all your grandstanding and let us discuss this objectively.

If you want the thread to go down the hill, we shall gladly oblige you. I can't shout.

My friend, believe me or NOT, you don't have enough intellectual capacity to discuss this topic objectively and informatively, and 'I am being arrogant about this'. Your points have already betrayed your biases.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

Oil boom was in 70s you say, yet for many times, Ndiigbo had been accused of wanting Biafra because of greed to have the oil wealth of East and Midwest to ourselves. How do you reconcile this your admission that Oil was a non factor in the 60s with this accusation.

How many times have Ndiigbo been declaring publicly that Ironsi, Nzeogwu acted on their own? Are you People listening to that or are you lots more interested in making the Igbo villains by all means?

Oil boom is different from oil presence. Get that straight.

The Oil presence in ND made you to annexe ND. Period.

the same way the people that acted in revenge, acted on their own.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by SOUNDKING: 2:10pm On May 17, 2015
zendy:
Julius Nyereres insightful piece on Biafra says it all. Of course, I don't expect everyone to have the brain power to understand the concept of self determination which he enunciated here. The Biafran tragedy could have been averted if the ideology of "we must all be Nigerians wether we like it or not!" Had been done away with. Sadly,even to this day, many so called Nigerians still have this archaic mentality. I am an Igbo man, I have the right inalienable right to decide for myself if I am Nigerian or not. After all, Lord Lugard did not seek my consent before threw me together with people I have no connection with such as Yorubas and Hausas. A country derives it's legality to exist as nation by obtaining the express consent or permission of the people. If a country loses that consent, it loses legitimacy. Nigeria was a fraud when it was created by Lugard in 1914 because it didn't take into account the wishes of the people. Lugard knew that the area now known as the SS/SE would have rejected being included in Nigeria. Nigeria was a fraud then, it is a fraud now and it will always remain the personification of the fraudulent practice of the White Man in Africa and that is why it will never work. Biafra is the only alternative and the only homeland I as an Igbo man recognise.
say no more my brother,biafra i love.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 2:13pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

Oil boom is different from oil presence. Get that straight.

The Oil presence in ND made you to annexe ND. Period.

the same way the people that acted in revenge, acted on their own.

So you admit that oil wealth in the East and Midwest were more important and lucrative to the Igboman than the Northern jobs.

So why then would he give these crude oil wealth up, just to control a relatively poor FG?

Your points are not in harmony, it's almost like you are making them up as go along the way.

Centralization of the government is totally parallel to desire to keep the oil wealth of ND.Ndiigbo can't be guilty of both, as they are directly opposite to each other. You will have to choose one. So, which is it?

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by knowledgeable: 2:19pm On May 17, 2015
AnambraDota:

Nobody is behind those hate mongering except the Zulus on Southern Nigeria, they are everywhere calling for disaster and hate against Igbos but they won't challange a Fulani man that call the Kaffirs.
Their kings want Igbos death, their intellectuuals want igbos destroyed, their youth are singing disaster to igbos because they covetous people who are obsessed about others properties.

They tell you tell will take over your houses when Biafra is actualize to show you they are no different from the Zulus in SA who can't stand a whiteman but will fight a blackman.

These zulus of Nigeria with their lagoon drunk bribe collector called king lilwayne is an inferior muslim, a cripple gambari worth more than him in a mosque

My sister, a slavishly expressions of positions in critical issues by this same group are extremely very shameful. Could you imagine, a slavishly reactions upon the Igbos if they were herdsmen masacaring human beings daily unhindered. A weighted reactions from this group to the two tribes actions as it effect the country sociopolitical and economic advancement will nakedly reveal to you the depth of this slavishlyness.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 17, 2015
after1:
[s][/s]

Son of a thousand father, say Amen and stop spewing jargons. I will always make nairaland hell for you and your likes, scam artist like you will never have rest of mind. Ediotic *dingbat*
continue to spew rubbish, I told you that you are all those monikers and you started placing curses on yourself and your generation.

You are still a learner, lemme post one of Subway101 post and let everybody judge your stupidity.

[quote author=SUBWAY101 post=33683597][s][/s]

You are a cursed fool, trying to play the victim card as usual. You say lot of rubbish about other tribes but crying now when fed with your own medicine. Moronic *dingbats* like you deserve to be shot, you dont deserve to live among humans. Shameless thing.

Check the asteriks, I told you that I will push you till you are banned then you will open another moniker.

I can still help you with the drugs if you will cool down
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by zendy: 2:26pm On May 17, 2015
SonOfEl:

what makes statehood legitimate?

Consent,consensus,referendum or plebiscite. Only if the different people or tribes that make up Nigeria decide in a referendum that they wish to be Nigerians can legitimacy be conferred on Nigeria. Those who do not wish to be Nigerians must be allowed to exit the union. Until then, Nigeria has no legitimacy or legality.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by after1: 2:30pm On May 17, 2015
[s]
ECOTERRORS:
continue to spew rubbish, I told you that you are all those monikers and you started placing curses on yourself and your generation.

You are still a learner, lemme post one of Subway101 post and let everybody judge your stupidity.

[/s]

Its now certain that you are going insane, what the f.uck is this trash you posting. Say Amen to the prayers and let your useless father perish. I am your nemesis here and will make you suffer till you learn to be reasonable. You son of a lowlife animal
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 17, 2015
after1:
[s][/s]

Its now certain that you are going insane, what the f.uck is this trash you posting. Say Amen to the prayers and let your useless father perish. I am your nemesis here and will make you suffer till you learn to be reasonable. You son of a lowlife animal
I will confiscate your drug from the market so that you won't get healed until you beg me for the antidote.

Enjoy your misery why you follow me around, oya start following your doctor
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Yujin(m): 2:40pm On May 17, 2015
OP whatever you say will not change the wicked view of men whose conscience have been dead by Igbophobia. To them the Igbos should forget and move on while they should not aspire for anything good to come to them. Anything they manage to get they should be extremely grateful to their benefactors and they should not even rejoice at their individual achievements as that would be termed chest beating. I only laugh at such people because a whirl wind is brewing and they surely will be caught unawares if they insist on forcing a people whose population runs into tens of millions against their will. Sanusi the emir of Kano said it loud and clear in his popular write up titled Yorubas are the trouble with Nigeria that the oppression of the Igbos may likely bring a huge problem in future as they will demand for a change from the statusquo which is actually hard handed against Igbos. What they don't understand is an oppressed man can do anything for freedom worst still an oppressed Igbo man. Let me just say one thing to help them understand what we are talking about. Presently I personally will not feel pained if an atomic bomb is dropped on a location where hundreds of thousands would be obliterated just to get to the proponents of this evil one Nigeria. We cannot be held oppressed for ever. Its not possible. We are watching.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by TRUTHTOPOWER: 2:47pm On May 17, 2015
cocoduck:

Laziness is truly a very,very bad habit very difficult to drop. When did an Igbo man tell you he wanted to dominate everybody, Right from childhood my parents always sing it like sond to me never to depend on anybody, of course I can depend on sombody but it has to have a LIMIT, So I have been working hard since then and now I am self reliant and I am my own boss, look, that is our culture, when you are good in what you do you will be well known, and for you to be good, you have to work your a55 off, at that time, tell me even one Igbo man that got to a certain position without merit and hard work, if I go into a labour camp and do the job well more than every other person that were there before me, I make less mistakes, I finish my work before them, it just a matter of time I become the leader of the camp, even if I don't want to, because others will always consult you and ask for guidance when they hit a brick wall,that is how you become the leader of that camp. The Bible says that if you are good in your job or business you will dine with kings. So it is just natural. Now let us look at it this way, Igbos dominated, but Nigeria was the wonder of the third world then, a position China proudly occupies right now, and we were on course to become a first world country, But now, look at Nigeria, she has become a mighty prison, a zoo occupied by monkeys and baboons, the shame of the black man, and truly I say to you my friend, she shall continue to be so until you make common sense common. Only fools put their trust in Buhari!

Do not take mine comment as a justification for the tragedies of Civil war. I hate wars! Having said that, it is apposite to warn fellow Nigerians of the dangers inherent in your remarks about how some countrymen see Nigerians and Nigeria as a whole. Every tribe value dignity of labour no more and no less than the other. It is just insensitive to claim superiority over another person who may be content to abide by his own norms and differing to others in the conduct of his affairs.

Awo was in jail, some leaders were killed and some were allegedly celebrating for their good fortune in the mysterious Calamities. Sir, everything that transpired call for sober reflection and not groundstanding. On the part of igbo,the price was far too much. I am from the west but I must in good conscience concede that the price igbo nation had to pay for the decision taken by their kinsfolk at the front line. I regret that Nigerian leaders allowed such a calamity to happen at that time.

Does the foregoing justify the animus in your remark.No! Why? because a remark like this just like Chinua achebes account inspires nothing but hostilities. If you do not know, stableland is a precious commodity in the emerging world. Judging by communical clashes and litigation overland, the struggle for separation by a group with limited territory will be a mere battle in a continous war of survival. this at least is the lesson we are learning in Israel/Palestine debacle. We have learning, as in the middle east, peace will be turned into its grimmest image.

Now think about it: why would you hate or detest any Nigerian on the account of the mistakes of the past? What have you done to correct those mistakes given the little power at your disposal? You have done little or nothing? why! because you don't know that the mistakes are contemporaneous or simultaneous in nature. How? the experience of tribal wars made the federating units to be mutually suspicious of each other. for that reason a honest indiscretion would trigger a sincere counter act. the "respondent' party would be be inclined to take further measures to prevent recurrence.

All these acts and counter acts taking place in an atmosphere of suspicion would have debilitating effect on citizens who cheerlead the the keyplayers to do more. They act like fans of football clubs.

Today, I cannot believe Awo only for the reason that he was a Yoruba man. I may understand him more than I understand others because of shared history. I can understand his plight after independence when his contemporaries were enjoying. Nevertheless, I cannot feign ignorance of the survival instinct that impels a group to act one way or the other against anyone who appear as a threat to what they genuinely hold dear.

In effect, if these leaders were properly guided by the colonial powers who forced them into a political marriage, they would have kept the peace. Today, I salute them all without exception because what they did in transforming their domains clearly demonstrated that they could have done better nationally if the time were more auspicious.

In conclusion, Nigeria is at the threshold of a new era. we have witnessed democratic revolution. It is not a time to invoke separatism as an ideal of social justice. Why? because the agenda is defined: economy, security and employment. it is not a time to preempt this agenda only because of major support base. lets judge by facts and figures. Let us see if the average Nigerian has greater opportunity of becoming the best in himself or herself. If your joy comes from the satisfaction that your kinsman or co worshiper is at the helm of affairs, I salute your absolute parochialism. For those of us whose allegiance must be won by the positive impact of good governance, even filial obligation cannot be a close substitute. When you translate this to the GEJ/GMB scenario. The clock of change cannot tick faster. I am eager to align with the man who built refineries than the one who gave excuse not to maintain one. I am eager to align with a man who instilled discipline than the one who allowed impunity in the name of rule of law. law is no law if it does not oblige obedience. I aligned with fresh air of GEJ because I believed he could speak truth to power. This revolution is not just about what GMB could do or what he has done but it is about what GEJ failed to do or wasted time in doing. For being able to remove GEJ, GMB has achieved something. making progress is another thing. it is in the interest of the common man for GMB to succeed where GEJ failed. for all the failures of GEJ, he remains a financially comfortable person. so if GMB fails he will be likewise comfortable. so he must succeed in the interest of the common man.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by knowledgeable: 2:47pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

they are 2 different incidents. The only connecting dot here is secession.

I told you, 'you may not able to connect the dots'...is secession foundational to the 2 different incidents?.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by after1: 2:49pm On May 17, 2015
[s]
ECOTERRORS:
I will confiscate your drug from the market so that you won't get healed until you beg me for the antidote.

Enjoy your misery why you follow me around, oya start following your doctor
[/s]

Same lame trash from a deranged boof. You have been repeating same bullcrap like an ebola infested dog, dullard. You are just like you father, the old worthless fool was a failure in life and here you are doing same. Using F on your moniker just to deceive and scam people, woe unto the day that w.hore conceive you.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 2:56pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

So you admit that oil wealth in the East and Midwest were more important and lucrative to the Igboman than the Northern jobs.

So why then would he give these crude oil wealth up, just to control a relatively poor FG?

Your points are not in harmony, it's almost like you are making them up as go along the way.

Centralization of the government is totally parallel to desire to keep the oil wealth of ND.Ndiigbo can't be guilty of both, as they are directly opposite to each other. You will have to choose one. So, which is it?

There is a correlation between centralisation and oil wealth of ND. The correlations are GREED and COVETOUSNESS.

Greed of desire to be controlling everybody.

Covetousness of aggregating the nation's resources under their control.

The same correlation the present beneficiary of the monstrous centralisation is benefiting from and using to prevent decentralisation.

If there is no correlation, we can all stop complaining about resource control and leave things the way they are.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 2:57pm On May 17, 2015
knowledgeable:

I told you, 'you may not able to connect the dots'...is secession foundational to the 2 different incidents?.

Answer the question yourself, once you can connect the dots of Islamic caliphate and Biafra.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Blueeyedboi(m): 3:06pm On May 17, 2015
This is who we are....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by knowledgeable: 3:23pm On May 17, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

Do not take mine comment as a justification for the tragedies of Civil war. I hate wars! Having said that, it is apposite to warn fellow Nigerians of the dangers inherent in your remarks about how some countrymen see Nigerians and Nigeria as a whole. Every tribe value dignity of labour no more and no less than the other. It is just insensitive to claim superioty over another person who may have content to abide by his own norms and differing to others in the conduct of his affairs.

Awo was in jail some leaders were killed and some were allegedly celebrating for their good fortune in the mysterious Calamities. Sir, everything that transpired call for sober reflection and not groundstanding. On the part of igbo, it was far too much. I am from the west but I must in good conscience concede the price igbo nation had to pay for the decision taken by their kinsfolk at the front line. I regret that Nigerian leaders allowed such a calamity to happen at that time.

Does the foregoing justify the animus in your remark.No! Why because a remark like this just like Chinua achebes account inspires nothing but hostilities. If you do not know, stableland is a precious commodity in the emerging world. Judging by communical clashes and litigation overland, the struggle for separation by a group with limited territory will be a mere battle in a continous war of survival. this at least is the lesson we are learning in Israel/Palestine debacle. We have also learn that as in the middle east, peace will be turned into its grimmest image.

Now think about it why would you hate or detest any Nigerian on the account of the mistakes of the past? What have you done to correct those mistakes given the little power at your disposal? You have done little or nothing? why! because you don't know that the mistakes are contemporaneous or simultaneous in nature. How? the experience of tribal wars made the federating units to be mutually suspicious of each other. for that reason a honest indiscretion would trigger a sincere counter act. the "respondent' party would be be inclined to take further measures to prevent recurrence.

All these acts and counter acts taking place in atmosphere of suspicion would have debilitating effect on citizens who cheerlead the the keyplayers to do more. They act like fans of football clubs.

Today, I cannot believe Awo only for the reason that he was a Yoruba man. I may understand him more than I understand others because of shared history. I can understand his plight after independence were his contemporaries were enjoying. Nevertheless, I cannot feign ignorance of the survival instinct that impels us to act one way or the other against anyone who appear as a threat to what we genuinely hold dear.

In effect, if these leaders were properly guided by the colonial powers who forced them into a political marriage, they would have kept the peace. Today, I salute them all without exception because what they did in transforming their domains clearly demonstrated that they could have done better nationally if the time were more auspicious.

In conclusion, Nigeria is at the threshold of a new era. we have witnessed democratic revolution. It is not a time invoke separatism as a ideal of social justice. Why, because the agenda is defined: economy, security and employment. it is not a time to preempt this agenda only because of the support base. lets judge by facts and figures. Let us see if the average Nigerian has greater opportunity of becoming the best in himself or herself. If your joy comes from the satisfaction that your kinsman or co worshiper is at the helm of affairs, I salute your absolute parochialism. For those of us whose allegiance must be won by positive the impact of good governance, even filial obligation cannot be a close substitute. When you translate this to the GEJ/GMB scenario. The clock of change cannot tick faster. I am eager to align with the man who built refineries than the one what excuse not to maintain one. I am eager to align with a man who instilled discipline than the one who allowed impunity in the name of rule of law. law is no law if it does not oblige obedience. I aligned with fresh air of GEJ because I believed he could speak truth to power. This revolution is not just about what GMB could do or what he has done but it is about what GEJ failed to do or wasted time in doing. For being able to remove GEJ, GMB has achieved something. making progress is another thing. it is in the interest of the common man for GMB to succeed where GEJ. for all the failures of GEJ he remains a financially comfortable person. so if GMB fails he will be likewise comfortable. so he must succeed in the interest of the common man.

Mr. man, I feel your emotions to see a great transformed Nigeria. Igbos are individually and collectively willing to pay the ultimate price for a great transformed Nigeria, but they have looked into the crystal ball and realized that it's no more attainable because of precisely your line of thinking. Why we Africans are intellectually and physically lazy to confront complex problems , I cannot explain. Do you in your wildest imagination think those agendas will work without the laborious enthronement of both intellectual and physical political structural building bits of blocks that firstly address the destruction of the Nigerian lifes by forces of fulani herdsmen and bokoharam and other extreme vices that are foundational and structural. You see my bro, l have truly come to terms that their are core difference in reasoning and logic between Yorubas and Igbos based on their different cultural heritage and experience. We are waiting to see how a mere closing of ranks between south west and core North will mutate into providing a foundational and structural responsive solutions to the complex national problems characterized by the above two definitions of what the problems are.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by DeeMain(m): 4:03pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:
Often times people give so many interpretations to Ojukwu actions and his ultimate desire to establish a new country for the Eastern region and possibly a new one for the Midwest, while absorbing Anioma into Biafra, for that was the ultimate goal.

Often time, these interpretations are made through a bias prism and innate Igbophobia from Nigerians.

On that note, I find Nyerere's non bias, humanist and pan African take on Biafra so
refreshing and interesting.

Nwanne, I feel nothing but pride in your ability to reason constructively, understand the issues and make sound judgments on this thread.

Jide nke iji!

My hat, I doff.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by TRUTHTOPOWER: 4:51pm On May 17, 2015
knowledgeable:

Mr. man, I feel your emotions to see a great transformed Nigeria. Igbos are individually and collectively willing to pay the ultimate price for a great transformed Nigeria, but they have looked into the crystal ball and realized that it's no more attainable because of precisely your line of thinking. Why we Africans are intellectually and physically lazy to confront complex problems , I cannot explain. Do you in your wildest imagination think those agendas will work without the laborious enthronement of both intellectual and physical political structural building bits of blocks that firstly address the destruction of the Nigerian lifes by forces of fulani herdsmen and bokoharam and other extreme vices that are foundational and structural. You see my bro, l have truly come to terms that their are core difference in reasoning and logic between Yorubas and Igbos based on their different cultural heritage and experience. We are waiting to see how a mere closing of ranks between south west and core North will mutate into providing a foundational and structural responsive solutions to the complex national problems characterized by the above two definitions of what the problems are.

Any intellectual prowess that stereotypes any culture must be called into question. At least liberal education of the Western world rejects all forms of stereotypes. All international treaties reject ethnic profiling. so what is the universal basis of your ethnic profiling. Indeed, half the wrong conclusions that human beings arrive at are by abuse of metaphors, by taking general resemblance for real identity. Google the American declaration of independence and the logical end of the war as well as the struggle for the soul of the united states. In Nigeria, what do we see, a people who work at cross-purposes. What were the genuine efforts made since 2010 by our leaders to address the foundational inequality you speak of? 12million naira for each delegate after 5 years to discuss what? How much were Biafran soldiers or Nigerian soldiers paid to defend what they believe? How much are we paying soldiers in the frontiers of insurgency today? How much are we owing aged pensioners who served this country with all their lives? Why you are doing this some apprentices are roaming the street because of lack of money to settle them! It is nobody's fault. I guess we must not begrudge those who have access to the common purse. Struggle and become rich or die trying! We all have different ways of reacting to things like this.

Citizens of developing countries will dare to hold their leaders accountable. but some citizens of backward countries will simply agitate for their own share of what the leaders have been accused of. AS IT WAS IN THE BEGINNING, SO SHALL IT BE, THE WORLD WITHOUT END! More people protested in the south east to maintain the status quo of governance rather than a fundamental change. Look at all the protests what were they for. Not APC change. So for whom are you speaking? for millions of Igbos who have established legitimate businesses outside Igboland. If Nigeria is evil and potentially dangerous as you suggest how do you reconcile your suggestion with the legitimate acts of your brothers that clearly suggest that we all belong to human race, that we all have right to do as we please (under the law) wherever we live?

As a Westerner, I have unhindered access to the sea and a vast erosion free land. we have in commercial quantity what we need to sell to the world by air or by sea. But we need Nigeria no less than others because the more the merrier. Because all we need to be strong is a Nigeria that is free of prejudice. We have our weaknesses and we acknowledge that no race is morally stronger than the other. We don't create classes of the Freeborn and the outcasts. Nor do we subject any class to customs that shock the conscience of the free world. I refer you to the book 'a grammar of politics' by Harold laski on the what causes national hate. It is ignorance. He said we can overcome hatred through education. According to him, we overcome hate by love evil by Good and that baseness begets only a progeny like into itself. That the glamour of war is as unreal as the bought affection of a prostitute. Laski was a prof at the London school of economics and political science.

if we must live together we must learn to be tolerant. the elections are over. if we cannot live together, it is simply intellectually barren to insult others who are oppose to your idea. all you have to do is tell people who believe in your cause to go back to the base and remain there. tell them it is better for all igbos to remain in the east and have nothing to do with Nigeria or Nigerians. make intellectual argument to the UN to justify separation. they will intellectually respond to you. But remember, do not lay claim to any land outside the five eastern states unless the tribes in the contiguous states unanimoulsy decide to join you. If you cannot intellectually, achieve this simply embrace constructive peace.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 5:11pm On May 17, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

Any intellectual prowess that stereotypes any culture must be called into question. At least liberal education of the Western world rejects all forms of stereotypes. All international treaties reject ethnic profiling. so what is the universal basis of your ethnic profiling. Indeed, half the wrong conclusions that human beings arrive at are by abuse of metaphors, by taking general resemblance for real identity. Google the American declaration of independence and the logical end of the war as well as the struggle for the soul of the united states. In Nigeria, what do we see, a people who work at cross-purposes. What were the genuine efforts made since 2010 by our leaders to address the foundational inequality you speak of? 12million naira for each delegate after 5 years to discuss what? How much were Biafran soldiers or Nigerian soldiers paid to defend what they believe? How much are we paying soldiers in the frontiers of insurgency today? How much are we owing aged pensioners who served this country with all their lives? Why you are doing this some apprentices are roaming the street because of lack of money to settle them! It is nobody's fault. I guess we must not begrudge those who have access to the common purse. Struggle and become rich or die trying! We all have different ways of reacting to things like this.

Citizens of developing countries will dare to hold their leaders accountable. but some citizens of backward countries will simply agitate for their own share of what the leaders have been accused of. AS IT WAS IN THE BEGINNING, SO SHALL IT BE, THE WORLD WITHOUT END! More people protested in the south east to maintain the status quo of governance rather than a fundamental change. Look at all the protests what were they for. Not APC change. So for whom are you speaking? for millions of Igbos who have established legitimate businesses outside Igboland. If Nigeria is evil and potentially dangerous as you suggest how do you reconcile your suggestion with the legitimate acts of your brothers that clearly suggest that we all belong to human race, that we all have right to do as we please (under the law) wherever we live?

As a Westerner, I have unhindered access to the sea and a vast erosion free land. we have in commercial quantity what we need to sell to the world by air or by sea. But we need Nigeria no less than others because the more the merrier. Because all we need to be strong is a Nigeria that is free of prejudice. We have our weaknesses and we acknowledge that no race is morally stronger than the other. We don't create classes of the Freeborn and the outcasts. Nor do we subject any class to customs that shock the conscience of the free world. I refer you to the book 'a grammar of politics' by Harold laski on the what causes national hate. It is ignorance. He said we can overcome hatred through education. According to him, we overcome hate by love evil by Good and that baseness begets only a progeny like into itself. That the glamour of war is as unreal as the bought affection of a prostitute. Laski was a prof at the London school of economics and political science.

if we must live together we must learn to be tolerant. the elections are over. if we cannot live together, it is simply intellectually barren to insult others who are oppose to your idea. all you have to do is tell people who believe in your cause to go back to the base and remain there. tell them it is better for all igbos to remain in the east and have nothing to do with Nigeria or Nigerians. make intellectual argument to the UN to justify separation. they will intellectually respond to you. But remember, do not lay claim to any land outside the five eastern states unless the tribes in the contiguous states unanimoulsy decide to join you. If you cannot intellectually, achieve this simply embrace constructive peace.

Bingo.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:34pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

You missed the point.

Orizu had the opportunity to swear in Dipcharima and he declined and he refused to co-operate with the other ministers.. Whether he did at gun point or not is inconsequential again, once he fettered away the golden opportunity to continue with our nascent democracy of then, by simply handling a swearing in ceremony of 10minutes and oath taking.

It would have been a different ball game entirely if he had sworn in Dipcharima and Ironsi comes into the Exco and forced all of them to resign and hand over to him. We shall all know Ironsi was acting out his own script with the coup plotters.

Why was Ironsi interested in taking over, if he was not part of the plot ab initio, at least he said the coup has been crushed. He could as well allow the democratic structure to continue by the constitutional succession plan.

People can see through all the lies and deceptions. How will a sitting, though ceremonial president leave the country for 3months for mere medical check up and vacation. FRom Britain he ended up in the carribeans, Even the meeting of Heads of Commonwealth that as held in early Jan of 1966 could not bring him back into the country and this was a person that loves podium more than his home.

I've been following your arguments with pazienza and watched with keen interest. I've got to admit I've been impressed!

Many events took place that fateful day which could only be described as bizarre! Every indicator pointed to an Igbo coup, but It wasn't only that. It was also an NCNC coup in execution!

I don't believe Ironsi was originally party to the plot, but he was spared by the camp of Ifeajuna for reasons made clear at the end. Ifeajuna's men should have killed Ironsi when they had the chance at a roadblock! We were told it was timidity, but that's poppycock! I believe Ironsi was just not on the menu because he was part of the NCNC clan, albeit a clandestine one!

It's interesting to note that after Orizu refused to swear in Dipcharima as acting prime minister, Orizu and Ironsi had a private meeting that lasted about an hour. I believe the content of their discussion brought Ironsi to power. In simple English, Orizu asked Ironsi to take power when the plan to install Mbadiwe failed! Yes, it was that brazen! And the charade wasn't lost on the Northern politicians who saw through everything!

As if that wasn't enough, the federal structure was abolished by Ironsi. People have asked why he did that. A pointer to this might be an earlier face off between him and Katsina, the governor in the North, over an appointment of a vice chancellor. Katsina prevailed, and what followed was a decree creating a unitary government! I believe Ironsi wanted more power for himself, but whether he was then acting alone or in league with some Igbo leaders is beside the point. A unitary government was much easier to control at the centre than a federal one. The military aspect of that decision made sense, but it was political naivete on Ironsi's part and one of his biggest mistakes!

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 6:03pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

There is a correlation between centralisation and oil wealth of ND. The correlations are GREED and COVETOUSNESS.

Greed of desire to be controlling everybody.

Covetousness of aggregating the nation's resources under their control.

The same correlation the present beneficiary of the monstrous centralisation is benefiting from and using to prevent decentralisation.

If there is no correlation, we can all stop complaining about resource control and leave things the way they are.

Not so fast!

Centralization was important for current holders of power because the oil wealth was not in their region, with their bogus population, centralization was the only way they could have a lion share of the Eastern and Midwestern oil wealth.

For the Igbo already in control of the Oil rich regions of the East and Midwest, decentralization and regionalism, and even secession would be outright option, if their fixation was on oil wealth of ND.

Your analogy is thus flawed, seeing as the Igbo position of being indigenous to the oil producing areas is quite opposite of the North and SW, decentralization was a more beneficial option for the Igbo nation.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CBN Recruitment Scam, A Grand Betrayal Of Change Mantra - Caleb Ayansina / Dino Melaye Threatens To Sue IGP Over The Disappearance Of His Accusers / ICPC Recovers Three Ambulances, 500KVA Transformer From Senator Buruji Kashamu

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.