Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 12:09 AM

Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. (13356 Views)

Julius Nyerere Has A Lesson For Buhari (video) / Opinion: The Incoming SGF Should be Dr Anyim Nyerere (photo) / Asari Dokubo Flaunts Allegiance With Biafran Struggle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 7:07pm On May 18, 2015
birdman:

Let me take your post in pieces. First off, the issue that we are subservient to the North. In the 50 year history of Nigeria, the opposition has always been primarily from the SW. And in the darkest days of Abacha, as I remember, it was the SW (special mention to Alfred Rewane and Saro Wiwa too) that was bearing the brunt. As I remember, Ojukwu openly did an about turn on June 12, and won back 2 of his houses that had been seized for decades. As Soyinka exclaimed at the brazen betrayal, "oro pesi jeee!". Brother pazienza, where were all the Igbo umbrella groups? Same story when IBB was in power. And Shagari. Say what you will, but it is on record that majority of Yoruba leadership did not bend to the power of ghana-must-go bags in any administration.

On to your next point. The treason claims in which the FG said Awo was working with Nkrumah was nonsense. You know it, Zik knew it, Balewa knew it.
And Balewa knew there was no way Awo was going down on such ridiculous charges. For legal nonsense to stick, they needed political backing. Akintola was meant to wrest control from Awo in the West, but he ended up being a minor irritation at best, even with his oratorical skills. And this is where Zik comes in. Without Zik and his party's support, Awo goes nowhere, Yoruba judge or not. (RIP to Adesanya and co who mounted vigorous defense in those dark days) . When Zik gave his political consent, he thought he was on his way to ultimate power, but it backfired. Alas the illterate Northerner was smarter than he calculated! And innocent people died for that mistake. Awo did what he was supposed to do. Protect himself and his people from power mongers.

Getting back to the original point, Nyerere makes great points about the validity of a people self determining their own future. I have no problem with that. Neither does Awo or Yorubas. It is important that every African be his brother's keeper. But lets tell the truth and stop lying on other people to make ourselves look better. You were not innocent actors trying to get their own homeland. You were also part instigators, playing a power game of thrones without considering the cost. And it bit you. And you have ever since been trying to lay the blame at other people's feet. But thank God, the records are still preserved to this day.

Special shout out to all the Nigerians, Igbo or not who are dedicated to seeing the Nigeria and the black race make something of themselves instead of wallowing in hate forever.

SW never played opposition willingly,circumstances beyond their control always forced them into opposition. Awo wanted to be at the centre, but got burnt by his treachery and was relegated to opposition, he really had no option, and still eyed the centre, hence he committed treason. He never hesitated the moment an opportunity to be at the centre was presented to him by Gowon, he grabbed it with both hands, even if it meant he was to bend to the North.

Tinubu has been in opposition for Years now, he was not there because he wanted to, situation forced him, and once he got the opportunity to be at the centre, even if it meant playing second fiddle to the North, he grabbed it fast.

Don't lecture me about SW opposition politics, as you can see, I know it all.

Awo treason and criminal case wasn't nonsense, he was tried in a court of law, and found guilty. The one who ruled on his case was a Yoruba judge, the one who wanted his political demise was Akintola, the one who wanted his head for trying to usurp his government was Balewa. But somehow, you want us to ignore them all, and hold Zik responsible, simply because Zik was Igbo. Are you for real? You mean Zik should upturn the ruling of a court of law and also defy Balewa and Akintola just to save Awo? Zik must have been a super Man to pull that off.

Awo greed and lust for power dug his grave for him, Zik simply allowed him lie in his grave in Peace. He did no wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 7:16pm On May 18, 2015
"Getting back to the original point,
Nyerere makes great points about
the validity of a people self
determining their own future. I have
no problem with that. Neither does
Awo or Yorubas. It is important that
every African be his brother's
keeper. But lets tell the truth and
stop lying on other people to make
ourselves look better. You were not
innocent actors trying to get their
own homeland. You were also part
instigators, playing a power game
of thrones without considering the
cost. And it bit you" .

This part of your post is contradicting and vague.
In one instance, you agree with Nyerere, then you still ended insinuating that Ndiigbo deserved the massacres, for in your words the innocent Igbos that were being massacred were not innocent, they were instigators playing power game, and got bit.

Well, until you are able to prove that Nzeogwu coup was pro Igbo, and that he was mandated in a pan Igbo meeting to carry out the coup, your above post remain evil and devilish. For it attempts to pass off the believe that Ndiigbo must pay for the actions of Nzeogwu and co, simply because they belong to same ethnic group as Nzeogwu. Nzeogwu sins must be theirs, Nzeogwu guilt must be theirs.

You, my friend are no brother of mine.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by nonaira: 7:28pm On May 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

Just say, majority were aniocha/Oshimili.
Only Anuku was an Ika guy among the biafrans. And that's inconsequential because there were also 1-2 yorubas (Banjo & Ademulegun?) among the biafrans.
Ibos and lies, very synonymous!
The part underlined is hilarious! I school in Benin and believe me, no delta person calls himself/herself delta igbo! If at all, they want to have any connection with the word igbo, they call themselves delta ibo.
Do you know what the word 'igbo' means in ukwuani? It means slaves!
That's why I don't even believe you a deltan to begin with!
Bunch of wanderers!

And this useless buf00n, you school in Benin, miles away from Anioma land and automatically you became the spokesperson of Igbo in delta. This is literally why hhate you yorubas with every fiber of my being. All you worthless tribe try so hard to do is use your useless fat mouth to try and divide people..

F2king ediot. Some anioma group call themselves delta igbo while others call themselves igbo because they view the term delta igbo as offensive and divisive while the remaining others we call deniers based on the fact they call themselves by their lands. Attaché by force ediot. Desperate to be one of us but can NEVER in your worthless life be Delta talkless of DELTA IGBO. Try again. Attaché

As for your ika statement. Read and weep

The II divisions made of mainly Ika Ibos never surrendered and under Colonel Nwawo defended Nnewi the only major Biafran city that never fell until the end. 
---Emeka Esogbue
http://leadershiptrainingtutorials.com/leadershiptraining/defining-leadership/anioma-the-need-for-identity-and-leadership/

Even your loud mouth coward adekunle attested to it

(xix) Rebels Training Camps: It is reported that the rebels have their training grounds at the following places:

(a) Bende Police Station.

(b) Emeake Abam Rubber Estate.

Re-enforcement of the rebel troops still hanging around Ikot Ekpene area is made mainly from two camps.

(xx) Rebel Positions -Abak/Opobo: It is reliably learnt that the rebel soldiers have positioned themselves in the following places in Abak and Opobo Division:

(a) Ikot Ibritam up to Keffi and Ikot Inyang.

(b) Afaha and Ukanafun.

(c) Northern Ukanafun Court Hall and Northern Afaha Court Hall.

(d) Ikot Oku Usung up to Urua Etim Ikot Anta.

(e) Obong Utit Idim, here they have a detention camp where arrested natives are detained.

(f) Nkek School premises and Nkek Qua Iboe Church premises.

(g) Obo Ekpo Market and Obong Customary Court hall in Utu Etim Ekpo and six miles to Asumini.

(h) The whole of Ika.
http://www.nigerialinks.com/BOOKS/scorpion/

Similar to Asaba, ika experienced one of bloodiest attacks by Nigerian soliders for just being igbos

"In the second waves of massacres during the civil war, the Binis and other non-Igbo military officers of Mid-West origin led the murderous attacks on Ika Igbo's"
(Blood On The Niger, E. Okocha).

Even the Midwest invasion of 1967 article by a urhobo which Nigerians parade around told una or rather accused Asaba, aboh and ika soldiers were the biafran soldiers that's invaded their land or so they claim

The reason why ika had the highest soliders is because they had the highest number of soliders from midwest in NA military prior to the war

Extremely doubtful you live or even schooled in benini. Probably attaché by force to them, similar to how you try to attaché by force to delta. SW monkey stick to your tribe. STOP attaché. Desperately want to be is. Ntoooor. You can never be us.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 7:28pm On May 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

Like I said earlier, you ibo can take with you the Enuani people of Anioma if these people wants to secede with you because we all know that they descended from the ibos!
And don't forget, Enuani tribe includes the Aniocha/Oshmili people, Ibusa e.t.c. However, stop forcing your fraud ideologies on the ukwuanis and the ikas!

Lol! The gist before now was that there are no Igbos in SS, Igboland started and ended in SE. But since the knowledge that Nzeogwu was an Igbo from SS was made open to Yorubas, in a bid to ensure that the coup remains an Igbo coup, seeing as the coup can't be Igbo coup, if their theory of Igboland starting and ending in SE. remain intact, Yorubas have once again redefined Igboland to now include SE plus Enuani, just to accommodate Nzeogwu within the Igbo tag, and ensure the coup remain Igbo coup in their bigoted mind. Lol!

A neutral observer can't help but notice a similar pattern in this Igbo coup saga.

A pre determined conclusion of Igbo coup had been reached, then all sorts of evidence are made up along the way, and changed as the need arises, to support the already pre conceived conclusion of Igbo coup.
This is not a case of using evidence and observations to arrive at a conclusion, it's a case of an already established conclusions, and tinkering of observations and evidence to support the conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by nonaira: 7:43pm On May 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

See another SS wanabe! No delta people call his/herself igbo, they rather say delta ibo.
I have a room mate that is ukwuani/kwale and she just laughed at your post.
She even said the word 'ukwuani' is not even an ibo to begin with.

grin grin grin

Una come read this attaché by force guy comment to an Ukwuani calling himself igbo. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by nonaira: 7:52pm On May 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

You mean Akoko Edo people are a mirage?
There's nothing ibo won't tell us on nairaland!
And are you talking of the same Asaba ibos that were massacred by Owa people of Anioma?
Bunch of wanderers!

Akoko Edo does not even consider themselves yoruba. Wtf is with you ppl attaché eeh?

This is the list of clans in there and their lands.
Igarra-Akuku which include Igarra, Akuku and Igbikutu ,Enwan clan which include Enwan Imiavane,Ososo Clan which include Ososo,North Akoko clan which include Ekpesa, Ibillo, Ikhiran-Ile, Ikhiran-Oke and Ekor,North East clan which include Imoga, Lampese, Ekpe and Bekuma,East Akoko Clan which include Somorika, Onumu, Ogbe, Anygaoza and EshawaCentral Akoko Clan which include Ayiyegunle, Igboola Sale, Igboola Oke and OgugunOkpe Clan which include Okpe, Jaja and OlomaImeri Clan which include ImeriAtte Clan which include Atte,Ekpeshi-Egbigele Clan which include Ikpeshi and EgbigeleUneme North Clan which include Uneme Nekhua and AkpamaUneme Central Clan which include Erhurun Uneme, Uneme Otsu and Ekpedo ImiavaUkuloso Clan which include Ojirami Oke, Makeke, Dagbala and Oja SaleKakumo-Anyanran Clan which include Kakumo, Aiyekoba and Anyanran
http://www.afemaipeople.com/akoko-edo-local-government-edo-state/

If you can point out yoruba in there for me. I'll owe you a cookie grin grin

Desperate attache. Really want to be from SS don't you? I don't blame you though. Who in their right mind would want to be from SW. It's alright, i get your pain. Ndooo grin

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by birdman(m): 11:50pm On May 19, 2015
pazienza:

SW never played opposition willingly,circumstances beyond their control always forced them into opposition. Awo wanted to be at the centre, but got burnt by his treachery and was relegated to opposition, he really had no option, and still eyed the centre, hence he committed treason. He never hesitated the moment an opportunity to be at the centre was presented to him by Gowon, he grabbed it with both hands, even if it meant he was to bend to the North.

Tinubu has been in opposition for Years now, he was not there because he wanted to, situation forced him, and once he got the opportunity to be at the centre, even if it meant playing second fiddle to the North, he grabbed it fast.

Don't lecture me about SW opposition politics, as you can see, I know it all.

Awo treason and criminal case wasn't nonsense, he was tried in a court of law, and found guilty. The one who ruled on his case was a Yoruba judge, the one who wanted his political demise was Akintola, the one who wanted his head for trying to usurp his government was Balewa. But somehow, you want us to ignore them all, and hold Zik responsible, simply because Zik was Igbo. Are you for real? You mean Zik should upturn the ruling of a court of law and also defy Balewa and Akintola just to save Awo? Zik must have been a super Man to pull that off.

Awo greed and lust for power dug his grave for him, Zik simply allowed him lie in his grave in Peace. He did no wrong.

you can dance around the facts all you want. we know who went to aso rock at night and came back with a different tune the next day. and we know who has been trying to get in bed with the same north they claim to hate, floating parties and trying to get on the money bandwagon. say what you will, but the steadfastness of SW leaders in refusing to be bribed, even in the face of death is on record, and is the reason we are in the political position we are today. Actions show bravery, not empty words that can be shut down by ghana must go bags.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by christopher123(m): 11:01pm On May 20, 2015
DiademSh07:

So the Edo, Urhobo, Isoko, Itshekiri, Ijaw and the whole of Anioma are ibos, huh?
If Edos, the Urhobo, Itshekiri, Isoko and ijaws part of Delta were part of the fight that led to the creation of the midwest, there's no reason why the Aniomas won't join them because Aniomas are also part of Delta!
But that doesn't mean the Ikas and Ukwuani part of Anioma are ibos. The earlier you incoporate that into your dull brain, the better!

educación has been wasted on u
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by leofab(f): 11:16am On Sep 20, 2015
P
DiademSh07:

See another SS wanabe! No delta people call his/herself igbo, they rather say delta ibo.
I have a room mate that is ukwuani/kwale and she just laughed at your post.
She even said the word 'ukwuani' is not even an ibo to begin with.
your roommate is a fool .. The word "ukwuani" is "ukwu" great and "Ani" is land.. Are these yellow bar words?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN / Legislative Aides Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears / Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.