Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:53 PM

Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. (13350 Views)

Julius Nyerere Has A Lesson For Buhari (video) / Opinion: The Incoming SGF Should be Dr Anyim Nyerere (photo) / Asari Dokubo Flaunts Allegiance With Biafran Struggle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 6:15pm On May 17, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

I've been following your arguments with pazienza and watched with keen interest. I've got to admit I've been impressed!

Many events took place that fateful day which could only be described as bizarre! Every indicator pointed to an Igbo coup, but It wasn't only that. It was also an NCNC coup in execution!

I don't believe Ironsi was originally party to plot, but he was spared by the camp of Ifeajuna for reasons made clear at the end. Ifeajuna's men should have killed Ironsi when they had the chance at a roadblock! We were told it was timidity, but that's poppycock! I believe Ironsi was just not on the menu because he was part of the NCNC clan, albeit a clandestine one!

It's interesting to note that after Orizu refused to swear in Dipcharima as acting prime minister, Orizu and Ironsi had a private meeting that lasted about an hour. I believe the content of their discussion brought Ironsi to power. In simple English, Orizu asked Ironsi to take power when the plan to install Mbadiwe failed! Yes, it was that brazen! And the charade wasn't lost on the Northern politicians who saw through everything!

As if that wasn't enough, the federal structure was abolished by Ironsi. People have asked why he did that. A pointer to this might be an earlier face off between him and Katsina, the governor in the North, over an appointment of a vice chancellor. Katsina prevailed, and what followed was a decree creating a unitary government! I believe Ironsi wanted more power for himself, but whether he was then acting alone or in league with some Igbo leaders is beside the point. A unitary government was much easier to control at the centre than a federal one. The military aspect of that decision made sense, but it was politically naive and one of his biggest mistakes!

So you believe that Orizu without any force, willingly gave away his political powers as a speaker, (knowing fully well that a military regime means political death for him) seeing as he was not a soldier, without any coercion on part of Ironsi, simply because Ironsi was Igbo and Orizu was Igbo.

"Orizu asked Ironsi to take power", you lots keep making up conjectures and assigning actions to Ndiigbo like you were there.

It was easy for you to believe that every one else was forced at gun point to surrender power, but not Orizu, and your believe in this is simply built on the fact that both Orizu and Ironsi were Igbo?
I am sorry, your points are not strong at all, nobody surrenders power on the altar of ethnic unity, we have seen cousins and brothers fight over power. With no concrete evidence to prove that Orizu conspired with Ironsi to become politically irrelevant, I would hold unto the my own version of the story, which is closer to what obtains in reality.

h

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by Zeus777: 7:09pm On May 17, 2015
Vessi:
even after you have read speech by northern premiers on taking over Nigeria and using the rest of Nigeria as stooges? My friend wake up!!!

It has been some time I read that report hence a bit difficult to dig out. But be rest assured if you dig deep. You will find it. Report was by one within the circles of first coup plotters.
hmmm. So chief Ladoke Akintola had to also be killed cos he was also part of this ur "plan" to Islamize ngr. Haba.. There is nothin one will not hear on this nl undecided
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by millionaireman: 8:01pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

That is where greed, acting-before-thinking and lack of foresight comes in. Ironsi should have been contented with being in control as HOS and he should have left the regions the way they were. He created a monstrous political structure that is eating us all up.

But the present over-centralized unitary government system is a hundred miles away from the type of lose unitary government system Ironsi decreed.

For example, in Ironsi's unitary government system, every region retained 50% of proceeds from resources found in the region.

Civil war ended, oil boom followed, the war winners gradually over-centralized unitary government system and proliferated states and local governmenment councils in their areas through which they sucked up most of the proceeds from crude oil.

Today, it is next to impossible to return fiscal federalism to Nigeria in a democracy, because the undue over-representation of the north of Nigeria drawing from the north's undue large number of states will not permit that in the NASS.
Land mass was wrongly used as a criterion to proliferate states and local government councils in the north of Nigeria..

Even the SW region that often asks for return to fiscal federalism is not serious about that .
In the last CONFAB, the SW merely asked for regional government system with out fiscal federalism. But regional government system without fiscal federalism is not much different from maintaining the status quo.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 8:21pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

Not so fast!

Centralization was important for current holders of power because the oil wealth was not in their region, with their bogus population, centralization was the only way they could have a lion share of the Eastern and Midwestern oil wealth.

For the Igbo already in control of the Oil rich regions of the East and Midwest, decentralization and regionalism, and even secession would be outright option, if their fixation was on oil wealth of ND.

Your analogy is thus flawed, seeing as the Igbo position of being indigenous to the oil producing areas is quite opposite of the North and SW, decentralization was a more beneficial option for the Igbo nation.

You are very funny,

Do not revise history, igbos are not indigenous to the oil producing areas.

All the total Oil production of SE is not upto that of Ondo State alone. That is a fact, so spare us the story of igboland being oil producing as if it is Rivers State, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Delta that are igbo land.

Back to our discussion, i stand by my point that Ironsi centralised the power for them to grab the civil service jobs in the north, control everybody and harness other regions resources. The lopsided appointment of Ibos at Federal level gave credence to this. Zik doubles as the Minister of Labour and he was busy packing Ibos into Federal Civil Service at the expense of others.

By extension Ironsi, wanted to take it up to an higher level.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by knowledgeable: 8:30pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

Answer the question yourself, once you can connect the dots of Islamic caliphate and Biafra.

Simple; The mohammedian Emirates of the North and Biafra are foundationally two incompatible dialectic materials in the matrix. Rope them together, you create the dialectic which outcome is the "dystopia". Do I make any sense to you?. Believe me, I can connect a lot of dots.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 8:34pm On May 17, 2015
knowledgeable:

Simple; The mohammedian Emirates of the North and Biafra are foundationally two incompatible dialectic materials in the matrix. Rope them together, you create the dialectic which outcome is the "dystopia". Do I make any sense to you?. Believe me, I can connect a lot of dots.

You are seeking your jewish Utopic Biafra and they are seeking their Utopic Sharia Caliphate. Both are being sought through secession. That is the dots that can be seen.

Do you think anyone is against your leaving the Nigerian State. You can even carry your bags and leave tomorrow. Who cares?

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 8:42pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

You are very funny,

Do not revise history, igbos are not indigenous to the oil producing areas.

All the total Oil production of SE is not upto that of Ondo State alone. That is a fact, so spare us the story of igboland being oil producing as if it is Rivers State, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Delta that are igbo land.

Back to our discussion, i stand by my point that Ironsi centralised the power for them to grab the civil service jobs in the north, control everybody and harness other regions resources. The lopsided appointment of Ibos at Federal level gave credence to this. Zik doubles as the Minister of Labour and he was busy packing Ibos into Federal Civil Service at the expense of others.

By extension Ironsi, wanted to take it up an higher level.

The highest onshore oil producing communities in the East are Igbo speaking, and at that point in history, there were no Igbo denial in those communities. Etche,Ikwerre, Ogba and Ekpeye were strongly pro Igbo. In the context of the era in discourse, majority of the Eastern onshore oil wealth were in Igbo speaking territories.

SE is but a Gowon creation and not a reflection of true borders of Igboland.

You still don't get it. There were simply nothing to grab from the arid north and relatively poor SW. The gold mine were in Igbo controlled territories of Midwest and East. Centralization was totally anti Igbo. Regionalism and decentralization were the pro Igbo measures, which were exactly the opposite of what Ironsi did.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 8:58pm On May 17, 2015
.[b]"In short, the necessity for an arrangement
which would take account of the fears
created during 1966 was accepted at
Aburi, and renounced thereafter by the
Federal authorities. Yet they now claim to
be defending the integrity of the country
in which they failed to guarantee the most
elementary safety of the twelve million
peoples of Eastern Nigeria. These people
had been massacred in other parts of
Nigeria without the Federal authorities
apparently having either the will or the
power to protect them. When they
retreated to their homeland they were
expected to accept the domination of the
same people who instigated, or allowed,
their persecution in the country which
they are being told is theirs - i.e., Nigeria.
Surely, when a whole people is rejected
by the majority of the state in which they
live, they must have the life to life under a
different kind of arrangement which does
secure their existence. States are made to
serve people; governments are
established to protect the citizens of a
state against external enemies and
internal wrong-doers".[/b]

@
Salute to Nyerere! A man of honesty and integrity.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by datone: 8:59pm On May 17, 2015
cocoduck:
One question that I always ask these brutes is this, Did Nzeogwu and his colleagues go to my grandfather or great granddad that He and his friends were about to do a coup d'Etat? Now did the killing of Mr. Bello and Mr. Balewa warrant the brutal massacre of MORE THAN THIRTY THOUSAND people, even CHILDREN who at best had no iota of idea of what just happened and were busy make ends meet? I need an Honest answer to these questions. If you truly wanted to avenge the deaths of those trouble makers (clearly they were not nationalists, they were tribal warriors, and I spit on them, spit on Ojukwu if you so wish, it is you mouth) you would have gone for their killers! not innocent women and kids, to show how inhumane Yoruba and their masters are. Well, I know very well that it has not always been like this, this inhumanity was learned by you guys from the Brits, which we all know carried on exactly were the Romans left, almost all British customs we see today have connections to ancient Rome, so I am not surprised. How on earth can anybody justify the massacre of women and kids? What do they have to do with the coup?

RESPECT TO YOUR THOUGHT AND LINE OF REASONING. MORE GFREASE TO YOUR ELBOW .

IN ALL . THE YORUBAS AND MIDDLE BELTERS WERE JUST USED AS PAWNS BY THE HARD CORE NORTHERN SOLDIERS WHO AT THAT TIME WERE JUST ONE WAY ZOMBIE MASTER TO COMMIT GENOCIDE OF A HIGH MAGNITUDE AT THAT TIME AGAINST THE STATE OF BIAFRA . I HAVE A DREAM THAT ONE DAY THE STATE OF BIAFRA SHALL RISE AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by datone: 9:00pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:
"In short, the necessity for an arrangement
internal wrong-doers".[b]"In short, the necessity for an arrangement
internal wrong-doers".[/b]

RESPECT TO YOUR THOUGHT AND LINE OF REASONING.

I HAVE A DREAM THAT ONE DAY THE STATE OF BIAFRA SHALL RISE AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 9:08pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

The highest onshore oil producing communities in the East are Igbo speaking, and at that point in history, there were no Igbo denial in those communities. Etche,Ikwerre, Ogba and Ekpeye were strongly pro Igbo. In the context of the era in discourse, majority of the Eastern onshore oil wealth were in Igbo speaking territories.

You still don't get it. There were simply nothing to grab from the arid north and relatively poor SW. The gold mine were in Igbo controlled territories of Midwest and East. Centralization was totally anti Igbo. Regionalism and decentralization were the pro Igbo measures, which were exactly the opposite of what Ironsi did.

Centralisation was the idea of an igboman and implemented by him. This is a well known fact. Therefore it was pro-igbo. Simple as abc.

Relatively poor SW. I laff in japanese. I am sure you were joking with that.

You can call up the revenue of the regions as at then, for you to redefine your words of ''relatively poor''. I repeat all the oil in igboland are not upto oil being produced in Ondo. that is a well known fact. So stop going back and forth over oil that is not yours. It belongs to the ND. Period

Border delineation is an artificial delineation that shows who owns where and what is the name of that geographical area. Nigeria was created the same way, Western Eastern and northern regions were created the same way. If Gowon created SE, who cares? Was Midwestern not created out of Western Region.

If you are discounting Gowon's border delineation and reckoning with Eastern Region, we can as well claim Midwestern as part of Western Region. Midwestern comprises Asaba, Warri, Benin and down to badagry.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 9:18pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

Centralisation was the idea of an igboman and implemented by him. This is a well known fact. Therefore it was pro-igbo. Simple as abc.

Relatively poor SW. I laff in japanese. I am sure you were joking with that.

You can call up the revenue of the regions as at then, for you to redefine your words of ''relatively poor''. I repeat all the oil in igboland are not upto oil being produced in Ondo. that is a well known fact. So stop going back and forth over oil that is not yours. It belongs to the ND. Period

Border delineation is an artificial delineation that shows who owns where and what is the name of that geographical area. Nigeria was created the same way, Western Eastern and northern regions were created the same way. If Gowon created SE, who cares? Was Midwestern not created out of Western Region.

If you are discounting Gowon's border delineation and reckoning with Eastern Region, we can as well claim Midwestern as part of Western Region. Midwestern comprises Asaba, Warri, Benin and down to badagry.

Igboland extends beyond SE, that is a historical fact, recognized by even the colonial masters. SE doesn't mean Igboland, if it does, then Nzeogwu coup couldn't have been Igbo seeing as he wasn't from the SE. SE, Eastern region were all artificial creations, but Igboland wasn't. Midwest was created out of the western region by Referendum, the people clearly rejected the western region, just as Bamenda rejected the Eastern region, deal with it, and stop being bitter.

You juxtapose things together, in the era in discourse, there were simply no entities like Ondo, ND, and SE, why exactly you decided to add them
into the discussion is beyond me. As a matter of fact, you are deviating from the matter at hand.

Yes with the New found oil wealth of the East and Midwest, the West and North were going to be relatively poor when compared to both regions.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 9:35pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

Igboland extends beyond SE, that is a historical fact, recognized by even the colonial masters. SE doesn't mean Igboland, if it does, then Nzeogwu coup couldn't have been Igbo seeing as he wasn't from the SE. SE, Eastern region were all artificial creations, but Igboland wasn't. Midwest was created out of the western region by Referendum, the people clearly rejected the western region, just as Bamenda rejected the Eastern region, deal with it, and stop being bitter.

You juxtapose things together, in the era in discourse, there were simply no entities like Ondo, ND, and SE, why exactly you decided to add them
into the discussion is beyond me. As a matter of fact, you are deviating from the matter at hand.

Yes with the New found oil wealth of the East and Midwest, t[b]he West and North were going to be relatively poor[/b] when compared to both regions.

Thank you for your remix of the bolden part, to a future tense. West was not poor as at then and it would not have been in anyway, because the same Oil being explored in Ondo would still have been discovered and maybe the northerners too would have dicovered oil in the Chad Basin,

The constitution does not recognise Igboland. It recognises only the region. Therefore, SE is Igboland for now and SS is for diverse groups, just like NC .

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 9:43pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

Thank you for your remix of the bolden part, to a future tense. West was not poor as at then and it would not have been in anyway, because the same Oil being explored in Ondo would still have been discovered and maybe the northerners too would have dicovered oil in the Chad Basin,

The constitution does not recognise Igboland. It recognises only the region. Therefore, SE is Igboland for now and SS is for diverse groups, just like NC .

The constitution does not recognize geo political zones, which SE is. Igboland extends beyond SE, that is the only way Nzeogwu coup can be termed an Igbo coup.

Ondo oil wells? lol! The same Obj gave to you lots?
Wake up already, there is no oil wealth in Chad basin. A United Oduanistan- Arewanistan republics won't have much funds to waste on arid Chad basin.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 9:53pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

The constitution does not recognize geo political zones, which SE is. Igboland extends beyond SE, that is the only way Nzeogwu coup can be termed an Igbo coup.

Ondo oil wells? lol! The same Obj gave to you lots?
Wake up already, there is no oil wealth in Chad basin. A United Oduanistan- Arewanistan republics won't have much funds to waste on arid Chad basin.

Go to Igbokoda and take the Oil wells from there. I never knew Igbokoda is part of Biafra.

If Chad can be exploring oil from Chad basin, there is a likelihood of north striking oil there too. SW has always been a blessed land, with or without oil. It is not a red mud land or neither gully eroded.

Can you say that concerning Alaigbo-Canyon Republic?

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 9:58pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

Go to Igbokoda and take the Oil wells from there. I never knew Igbokoda is part of Biafra.

If Chad can be exploring oil from Chad basin, there is a likelihood of north striking oil there too. SW has always been a blessed land, with or without oil. It is not a red mud land or neither gully eroded.

Can you say that concerning Alaigbo-Canyon Republic?

Lol! So does Alaigbo extend beyond SE? Was Nzeogwu an Igbo man?

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by superstar1(m): 9:59pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

Lol! So does Alaigbo extend beyond SE? Was Nzeogwu an Igbo man?

Nzeogwu is an Ibo name and constitutionally Alaigbo-Canyon Republic stops at the delineated borders of SE Region. QED>
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by DiademSh07: 11:00pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

Lol.
See greediness at its peak.
Fyi, only the Enuani (Aniocha/Oshmili) and the igbodo part of Ika are pro ibo. The Ika as a whole, Ukwuani, Ikweres has no ancestral history with the ibos. The earlier you greedy people start to respect peoples' tribes, the better. Bunch of thieves!
If the yorubas are not laying claims to the itshekiris, akoko Edos, Olukumi part of Anioma, the kaba people of Kogi who all had ancestral history with us, I don't see why Ibos who has no ancestral history with these people should be doing such!
Greedy people! Geez!

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 11:14pm On May 17, 2015
DiademSh07:

Lol.
See greediness at its peak.
Fyi, only the Enuani (Aniocha/Oshmili) and the igbodo part of Ika are pro ibo. The Ika as a whole, Ukwuani, Ikweres has no ancestral history with the ibos. The earlier you greedy people start to respect peoples' tribes, the better. Bunch of thieves!
If the yorubas are not laying claims to the itshekiris, akoko Edos, Olukumi part of Anioma, the kaba people of Kogi who all had ancestral history with us, I don't see why Ibos who has no ancestral history with these people should be doing such!
Greedy people! Geez!

Lol! Yoruba man. What do you know about the history of the Igbo speaking tribes?

Are you aware of where the three Anioma kings that petitioned the colonial government in protest against Bernard Burdillion separation of the western Igboland from the Eastern Igboland in 1939, were from?

Next time, you better stick to your Ogbomosho and Oyo Ile history.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by DiademSh07: 11:29pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

Lol! Yoruba man. What do you know about the history of the Igbo speaking tribes?

Are you aware where the Anioma kings that petitioned the colonial government for Bernard Burdillion in 1939 for separating the western Igboland from the Eastern Igboland, were from?

Next time, you better stick to your Ogbomosho and Oyo Ile history.
Abeg shut it.
The Ukwuanis, Ikweres and Ikas descended from Edo. These people have ancestral history that dated back 700 B.C, as opposed to the ibos who has no ancestral history. That these people speak Edoid + igboid language doesn't make them ibo.
Urhobos language is similar to the isokos yet no one is claiming one another. Heck, Arsene Wenger came from a section of people that speaks germanic language yet they are not considered german because they have ancestral history with the french.
The kabba tribe of Kogi speaks unadulterated yoruba yet no one is forcing yoruba on them.
Ibos should stop their greediness, lies for once and start respecting other's tribe, else what the Owas part of Anioma and the Ikwere did to you ibos will repeat itself.
Bunch of thieves!
No one is stopping you from taking your Aniocha/Oshmili brethens with you though.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 11:33pm On May 17, 2015
Political suicide: Anioma people cannot deny being Igbo. We will be irrelevant politically if we do Peter Agba Kalu/ The Sun Publishing There is an atmosphere of peace written all over the way to Ibusa that will tempt any writer to toy with the idea of spending few weeks in the town in order to write a book. The billboard of Fred Ajuda’s late mother welcomes you to the town as you begin to wonder where on earth is this once upon a time news making socialite shortly after that you will be Welcome to the world of Obi Modestus Emeka Nwaka, a Prince of Ibusa and President Ohaneze Ndigbo, Delta State, also executive member Anioma State Movement. He spoke to Peter Agba Kalu Sir, recently, Chief Mike Okwechime, the President National President of Izu Anioma told a local publication and I quote; “We may speak a dialect of Igbo but we are not culturally and socially Igbos by Ohaneze’s definition’’. What do you have to say? This is nothing but falsehood and a damaging betrayal of our Igbo brothers from South East who found our son His Excellency Amb. Raph Uwechue worthy to head the very Ohaneze which he tried to ridicule.That will tell you that what Chief (Col.) Mike Nduka Okwuechime (Rtd) said is absolute fallacy of what Ohaneze stands for. I intentionally pronounced his names in full in order to show you that he is totally and entirely an Igbo. It is a pity that Okwuechime and his likes are allowing themselves to be used to subvert the Ohaneze and what the Igbo nation stands for in all ramifications

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 11:34pm On May 17, 2015
This unfortunate behavior is unexpected of a man of his age and caliber. For us to deny our Igboness is to stab our brothers across the river on the back, knowing fully well that they had to endure a 30months of near hellish suffering as a result of the revolutionary tendency of one of our own, Col. Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu. I am not trying to bring back the sad historical moment or playing on emotion to score a cheap political point. But, I think it’s wise and necessary to reflect on what transpired before, during and after the Nigerian Civil War, in order to disclose the unity of purpose of Igbo people worldwide. Sir, don’t you think singling out Okwuechime will be lying to one self, a critical look at the issues at hand will tell you that not a few people share his opinion? Our Igbo origin has never been in doubt before and after Civil War. Anioma people were known as Western Igbos before the Amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914. And in 1939, the Obi of Agbor, Obi of Idumuje-Ugboko and the Obi of Aboh, for themselves and the entire Western Igbo people, petitioned the Colonial Administration for carving out the Western Igbos from their Kits and Kins East of the Niger. Consequently, in 1956, Western Igbo leaders organized the AMA1 conferences where it was resolved that the answer to the political problems of the Western Igbos was to create a West Niger Igbo State with the Headquarters at ALIDINMA. The agitation for the creation of the West Niger Igbo State assumed the name ANIOMA after the civil war.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 11:36pm On May 17, 2015
Have you always been your brothers-keeper or is this a sudden self-centered desperation in order to gain the support of the South Easterners in your pursuit of Anioma State creation? I think with this, your extreme question that boarders on self assessment, it is pertinent at this point to look back and critically outline the roles of the Delta Igbo’s during the most critical period in the life and history of our brothers across the Niger. A significant officers and men of Midwestern origin-Delta-Igbos fought on the side of the Biafran Army. Col. Mike Ndukwe Okweuechime, to start with was the Chief of Linguistics, Defence headquarters, Biafran Army till the end of the civil war on January 12, 1970. Navy Commander Frank Anukwu from Ika was in charge of Biafran Navy till the end of the war. Brigadier Nwawo from Aniocha North was General Officer who commanded 4 Command (Special) Division of Biafran Army. Col. Joe Achuzie from Oshimili South was General Officer Commanding (GOC) 16 division. Late Col. B.S.A. Nwajei from Oshimili North was at a time, the Commander 14 division. Col. Ochei from Oshimili South was Commandant of School of Infantry Biafran Army. Col. Morah and Col. Henry Igboba from Aniocha North and Oshimili North, respectively fought gallantly for the survicval of Igbo people during the war. Late Major Albert Okonkwo from Oshimili North was the Administrator of the defunct Republic of Biafra Mr. George Nwanze from Oshimili North was the secretary to Odumegwu Ojukwu, Head of State defunct Republic of Biafra, to mention but a few. It is important to mention that the above top military Officers and highly respected men of substance from the then Midwestern region, did not fight as mercenaries. I want to state that as a matter of historical fact, I too fought gallantly on the side of Biafra. In fact, I came back from my studies in oversea and was confronted with the war, as Igbo people were been slaughtered all across the North, we had to ran from Jos to Ibusa where I joined Force with the Biafran Army.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 11:38pm On May 17, 2015
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 11:40pm On May 17, 2015
" And in 1939, the Obi of Agbor,
Obi of Idumuje-Ugboko and the Obi of
Aboh, for themselves and the entire
Western Igbo people, petitioned the
Colonial Administration for carving out the
Western Igbos from their Kits and Kins
East of the Niger. Consequently, in 1956,
Western Igbo leaders organized the AMA1
conferences where it was resolved that
the answer to the political problems of the
Western Igbos was to create a West Niger
Igbo State with the Headquarters at
ALIDINMA. The agitation for the creation
of the West Niger Igbo State assumed the
name ANIOMA after the civil war".
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 11:43pm On May 17, 2015
DiademSh07:

Abeg shut it.
The Ukwuanis, Ikweres and Ikas descended from Edo. These people have ancestral history that dated back 700 B.C, as opposed to the ibos who has no ancestral history. That these people speak Edoid + igboid language doesn't make them ibo.
Urhobos language is similar to the isokos yet no one is claiming one another. Heck, Arsene Wenger came from a section of people that speaks germanic language yet they are not considered german because they have ancestral history with the french.
The kabba tribe of Kogi speaks unadulterated yoruba yet no one is forcing yoruba on them.
Ibos should stop their greediness, lies for once and start respecting other's tribe, else what the Owas part of Anioma and the Ikwere did to you ibos will repeat itself.
Bunch of thieves!
No one is stopping you from taking your Aniocha/Oshmili brethens with you though.

I guess you know more about Agbor, Idumeje-Ugboko and Aboh histories than the Obis of those towns that petitioned the colonial government.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by DiademSh07: 11:56pm On May 17, 2015
pazienza:

I guess you know more about Agbor, Idumeje-Ugboko and Aboh histories than the Obis of those towns that petitioned the colonial government.
What's this one saying?
The same agbor that has their kings' rite taken in Edo?
Ibo should stop forcing themselves on another. Nobody does that apart from you people! Learn to respect other people's tribe if you want them to respect yours.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by birdman(m): 11:59pm On May 17, 2015
datone:

RESPECT TO YOUR THOUGHT AND LINE OF REASONING. MORE GFREASE TO YOUR ELBOW .

IN ALL . THE YORUBAS AND MIDDLE BELTERS WERE JUST USED AS PAWNS BY THE HARD CORE NORTHERN SOLDIERS WHO AT THAT TIME WERE JUST ONE WAY ZOMBIE MASTER TO COMMIT GENOCIDE OF A HIGH MAGNITUDE AT THAT TIME AGAINST THE STATE OF BIAFRA . I HAVE A DREAM THAT ONE DAY THE STATE OF BIAFRA SHALL RISE AGAIN

the sooner you stop lying to yourself, the better for you. The only reason Awo ended up in jail is because Zik collaborated with the North and impeached him in the House. While in jail, Ojukwu then stops by and asks him to join in their fight. You think Awo is stup1d? Would the North have had the hegemony they possessed if not for Zik and his party? In his greed to wipe out what he thought was his main oppositon, Zik scored an own goal.

I do not condone the religious riots that killed thousands of non muslims, but your attempt to paint yourself as this innocent do-gooder trying to save the christian south is laughable. You played a deadly game of thrones which backfired Simple. I think most reasonable Nigerians understand this and are moving on in the spirit of unity. The rest of you, I pity you because not only will your continuous agitation come to nothing because it is based on empty lies and pride, it will shave years off your life with the consistent stress and worry you put yourself through.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by DiademSh07: 12:00am On May 18, 2015
pazienza:
And in 1939, the Obi of Agbor,
Obi of Idumuje-Ugboko and the Obi of
Aboh, for themselves and the entire
Western Igbo people, petitioned the
Colonial Administration for carving out the
Western Igbos from their Kits and Kins
East of the Niger. Consequently, in 1956,
Western Igbo leaders organized the AMA1
conferences where it was resolved that
the answer to the political problems of the
Western Igbos was to create a West Niger
Igbo State with the Headquarters at
ALIDINMA. The agitation for the creation
of the West Niger Igbo State assumed the
name ANIOMA after the civil war.
That's because they are not ibos!
These people have ancestral history that dated back years before the almagation of Nigeria.
Stop your delusion, oh ye ibos!

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 12:04am On May 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

That's because they are not ibos!
These people have ancestral history that dated back years before the almagation of Nigeria.
Stop your delusion, oh ye ibos!

Lol! Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by millionaireman: 12:11am On May 18, 2015
From his/her comments, this superstar1 doesn't even know where Niger delta region begins and ends. He doesn't know that Imo, Abia and possibly Anambra, states are parts of the Niger delta region.

But why does an average Yoruba have fever over the possibility of new Biafra?

When the 12 states in far Arewa unconstitutionally adopted sharia criminal codes, their political leaders literally drew the border lines of a possible new country in the north, and dared rest of Nigeria for any counter stance. They drew a borderline nearly similar to that which Middle belt's late Gideon Orkar drew a few years ago.

Religion is opium for the mssses who are ready to give up anything to worship their gods the way it pleases them. The masses in the 12 northern Nigeria sharia states celebrated the adoption of sharia criminal justice system. Methinks, people of the12 sharia states shall not grudge if they find themselves in a new country where they can worship their Allah without any interference by a secular constitution of a multi-religious Nigeria; though their political class that is used to free money from oil revenues may grumble at the beginning.

When will the SW start to promptly read developments as they emerge in Nigeria?

If SW had declared Oduduwa Republic in 1966, SW must have gotten far developed than what it is today. Instead, the average Yoruba today looks at the red light districts of urban Lagos, compare Lagos urbanization with the lower urban status of the most developed city in the SE, and begins to thumb the chest and feel contented with Nigeria; but hardly looks beyond Lagos to observe the squalid 19th century standards of development prevalent in most of Yoruba land.

If the Yoruba can outgrow diffiidence and realize that an Oduduwa country can prosper faster without being in one Nigeria, than in one Nigeria, Yoruba shall stop developing goose pimples anytime discourse about realization of new Biafra is on the table.
Re: Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. by pazienza(m): 12:14am On May 18, 2015
birdman:

the sooner you stop lying to yourself, the better for you. The only reason Awo ended up in jail is because Zik collaborated with the North and impeached him in the House. While in jail, Ojukwu then stops by and asks him to join in their fight. You think Awo is stup1d? Would the North have had the hegemony they possessed if not for Zik and his party? In his greed to wipe out what he thought was his main oppositon, Zik scored an own goal.

I do not condone the religious riots that killed thousands of non muslims, but your attempt to paint yourself as this innocent do-gooder trying to save the christian south is laughable. You played a deadly game of thrones which backfired Simple. I think most reasonable Nigerians understand this and are moving on in the spirit of unity. The rest of you, I pity you because not only will your continuous agitation come to nothing because it is based on empty lies and pride, it will shave years off your life with the consistent stress and worry you put yourself through.

Was Awo not found guilty of treason and corrupt practices by a court of justice?

Was Zik Tafawa Balewa that sought to punish Awo for trying to usurp his government? Was Zik the Yoruba judge that presided over the case?

I have noticed this tendency of Yorubas not to challenge the North, even when they are at the receiving end of the North wrath, they find a way to absolve the North of all blames and miraculously find a way to place it on the Igbo.

The North wanted Awo imprisoned in the North, Zik was able to negotiate his imprisonment in the East, fearing he(Awo) might get killed in the north. This is my understanding of the story.

Akintola became the New darling of the North, he was more subservient than Awo, Awo had to be eliminated to make room for Akintola. How exactly was any of that Zik's fault?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Exercise 'cat Race' Yielding Positive Results, Says Middle Belt Group / Release Turaki Now, PDP Tells EFCC / Gani Adams: Southerners Spend ₦8 Billion Daily On Beef Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.