Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,303 members, 7,940,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:38 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (267178 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2009
Fijabi
leaving the keys pasted directly on the thread like that opens this forum and it's owners to lawsuits from those whose property rights u r infringing on. It could actually lead to us being sanctioned/closed down. I know you've apologised but we need them edited off. (please click on d modify button, that's if it's working now).
Jujukemist
how body, will u be back before easter?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 29, 2009
I had an experience yesterday, i was about to install a pas7/10 directed at dish yesterday, but due to an obstruction of a 2 storey building, i couldnt track the signal, so i proffered a better place of reception for the person, so he thought if he should call a 'certified' installer, cos i dont brag about calling myself one, so he called the guy and i talked to him on phone, he asked me what signal am trying to track, i told him MYTV, he said there's signal, i told him i know that but there's an obstruction on its path. Shockingly, the guy said if i should direct the dish away from the storey building i will surely get the signal, hearing this i was totally pissed off.
These are some of the people that keep posing to the outside world as a 'certified' installer.
OH what a shame.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 6:54am On Mar 30, 2009
Hw na dey?ola,enitan,engma,adewest,obnelly,pito,filabi,gem,badiru,olofofo d great marketg ,like peak milk advert do say,i know one day we go make nig great,thru reasearch,and establishg a free to air sattelite network 2 millions of nig free.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bodejohn(m): 9:51am On Mar 30, 2009
enitan2002:

Shockingly, the guy said if i should direct the dish away from the storey building i will surely get the signal, hearing this i was totally pissed off.
These are some of the people that keep posing to the outside world as a 'certified' installer.
OH what a shame.

Don't mind those who call themselves installers, some of them know next to nothing.
About the dish, there was a time a saw a 60cm dish inverted. I mean the lnb arm/holder was up instead of been down.
I have wondered in my mind for some time now what will be the result of tracking a bird with the "dish upside down"
If the dish can reflect the signals to the lnb, i think it should work.

I will be glad if i can see some contributions to this.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jujukemist(m): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2009
George D, call me by 2pm, it should be ready by then.
Gangsta I will be back by weekend.
All, as far as strong decoders are concerned, there are two known distributors in Nigeria, check strong website.
one is in Abuja, the Other is in Kaduna. I am advising that we all buy our strong decoders from these guys,it saves us the wahala of fring decoders. Strong circuitry is so beans that any road side engineer can clone any part ofthe board.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:28am On Mar 30, 2009
@Gangsta101
I'm sure fijabi has already done the right thing. The keys have been removed
and he even posted the links to the sites where he got them. Very useful
sites I must say.

@fijabi,
Keep up the good work.

@all,
Talking of keys, what is the quickest way to edit keys in our recievers?
I personally think it is very cumbersome typing these keys one after the other
through the master code.
Anybody with any ideas?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:31am On Mar 30, 2009
@jujukemist,
Thanks in anticipation. Will definitely call you by 2pm.
CHEERS!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 30, 2009
@ bodejohn,
you are a proud owner of 2 90cm dishes, you're in the best position to try it out and report back to us here.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:44am On Mar 30, 2009
@enitan,
There are installers and there are installers. Some know so little and brag about what
they know. Some know so much but choose to remain quiet about it.
You will be surprised at how much information we all take for granted in this forum which
if these commercial installers should know even one-tenth of it, they will rush to CNN and
claim they are guru grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:15am On Mar 30, 2009
@ bodejohn- those dishes re mostly use for analogue or terrestrial transmissions. Like in ph Agip Company use it to transmit Rai for their Italian white with analogue satellite receiver. Also i think Hitv made use of that type of stuff in lagos b4 they went to full digital satellite.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2009
bodejohn:

Don't mind those who call themselves installers, some of them know next to nothing.
About the dish, there was a time a saw a 60cm dish inverted. I mean the lnb arm/holder was up instead of been down.
I have wondered in my mind for some time now what will be the result of tracking a bird with the "dish upside down"
If the dish can reflect the signals to the lnb, i think it should work.

I will be glad if i can see some contributions to this.

Inverted or Upside down dishes are used to track Satellite Signals in areas that have very low Dish Elevations. It is mainly used with offset dishes. For example, if your dish elevation for a satellite is 10° and your dish can only point down to 18° (due to mounting Post restrictions), by inverting the Dish, you expose the dish to a wider angle of the signal from the satellite. For this to work the elevation has to doubled in the oppositie direction. For our example of 10° normal elevation, you move to scale to let'say 19° or 20° elevation. Azimuth and Skew remain the (original)same.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2009
[size=14pt]Where is the (Edit) Modify Button? [/size] sad sad sad
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2009
@Jujukemist,
Many thanks for all your efforts. You are truely wonderful!
I'm wishing you safe journey to PH tomorrow.

@Pitodenz,
How you dey? I will call you later tonight.

@olofofo,
How far about the multi switch? Any luck?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2009
@Still no 'MODIFY' botton. How do we adit our posts now?
Or, is this a new policy from nairaland admin? We can't edit
our posts anymore. Huh, huh, huh sad 
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 6:34pm On Mar 30, 2009
The Modify button will be back shortly. I am sure the Admin is working on it. Meanwhile, you can modify previous post with a new post.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 7:28pm On Mar 30, 2009
@butoneday and george_d

saw the multiswitch for 15k. e cost ooooo. no be small thing , na one kind big appartus like that. imagine there's probably just two in the whole of alaba market.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2009
@F_marshall

nice one with the inverted dish explanation,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 6:12am On Mar 31, 2009
Hi,mr badiru,i tried 2 in callg ur mobile line 4 almost 8times .but u refusd in pickg my call,pls wat abt dis gamma card?am confusd abt ur attitude honestly,quit dissapointd.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:40am On Mar 31, 2009
@olofofo,
This multi swith issue na big wahala o! E be like say na only hotels and guest houses
dey use the thing o! How else can one explain the high cost? Na wao. Looks like I have
to pass it. Thanks for all your efforts, though.

@all,
I got up to 92% signal quality last night on 10758V (ok TV) nilesat tracking frequency last
night after the rains here. Anybody else notice the high signal increase or was it only at my
end? This my fuji lnb na fire o!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 10:17am On Mar 31, 2009
@ ALL
Good day every one pls I want to find out if I can use diseq switch with 4 lnb +1 slot to receiver.On the Master port can i used another diseq so I can distribute to other decoder or will I used multiplexer pls advice. Secondly any hope on W3A+Sirius 4 which staellite
is MSNBC channel? Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by LagosSky(m): 3:30pm On Mar 31, 2009
Hello All,

The antenna is Comstar 2.4m pan polar antenna. It comes with its own 1 meter long pole ( it is a none-penetrating antenna). I put it on the ground with sand bags holding the pole's legs.
I finally got time to check out this on Nile sat. I had the light (fake?) Fuji LNB and Strong 4663X receiver.
With a Spectrum analyzer at hand started to look for the bird. Since lots of insects started to bite me at about 9:00PM I gave up.These are what I saw by 10:00PM ;
The last 4 frequencies were coming in and out, they were not stable. I need to do some fine tuning later to improve the levels.

10758-V 58
11747-V 53
11766-H 48
11785-V 53
11823-V 53
11862-V 53
11938-V 48
12015-V 47
12130-V 52
12207-V 52
12284-V 53
12054-V 46
11843-H 45
11977-V 53
12034-H 45
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by LagosSky(m): 3:36pm On Mar 31, 2009
Site Introduction!

h**p://www.igp.net/Antenna_Alignment/Index.php

This site is good for antenna alignment.
You would select the satellite, region, country, town and it would give you a nice pictures how your antenna should be pointed.
If your satellite or town is not in the list, then you can enter the data for the satellite and town manually and it still gives your good picture of antenna installation. PLEASE note the negative sign!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by loluskysat(m): 4:00pm On Mar 31, 2009
@ All

HI 2 ALL:

I duff my cap for all house m8. You guys are doing a nice job.

My maximum respect goes to the "CKGs"; Critically Key Guys in the house Twinstaiye, Olofofo, etc. Thanks for your support wink

My project for this weekend is to track Hotbird. Will keep all posted.

@Olofofo

Please I'm still waiting for the SW.

@ Twinstaiye

Thank you for that link and your counseling, you sure display good leadership traits
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by LagosSky(m): 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2009
Where and How can one buy the real FUJI LNB?
I like to buy one and test it against the fake!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by LagosSky(m): 4:27pm On Mar 31, 2009
Is it possible to manually enter keys in 4663X ?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2009
@LagosSky,
Since you're in lagos, go to Alaba. I'm sure you will find some original fuji LNBs there.
You already know what you're looking for so when you see a fake you will know
and when you see the original (the one that is heavy and cannot be unscrewed)
you will also know.

BTW, those your signal levels are just too low to be of any use if you want to enjoy
nilesat. You must aim for at least 78% to 82% on 10758V. That is when BBC begins
to come out. After you get BBC up to 50% - 58% signal strenght, you can then hope
of CNN.

At the rate you are now, your MBC may not even be steady 24hrs how much more
BBC? We are not talking of showtime yet.

The way I see it, there are many problems with your installation. Are you sure your
pole is perfectly plumb? This one that you can't even mount it in the ground?
Aside from that, this your COMSTAR dish may be an issue too. Try getting a strong
2.4m pan dish (if you still have enough change left over). I know COMSTAR is very
good in their polar mount MESH version but I can't say the same for their PAN. In fact
most of us have not seen it nor tested it. So, maybe you should go with trusted and
tested equipment especially when trying to nail naughty brds like nilesat otherwise
you may just end up sweating endlessly with little reward.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by LagosSky(m): 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2009
Thanks George_D

I also think I have a blockage as well. I am only 8 meters away from a 3 story house.
Looking for another location.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2009
@LagosSky,
No, you're not likely to have problems with building blockage for birds like nilesat;
because the elevation is almost pointing directly at the sky. For lagos it is about
75.63 degrees. So, that 3-storey building may not be part of your problems.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 5:14pm On Mar 31, 2009
@George_D

expect my call soon
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 5:25pm On Mar 31, 2009
@loluskysat
Welcome on board. Please let us know how your installation goes.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fijabi(m): 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2009
Hello people in the house, please does anyone know where about GO AFRICA on ew 3
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2009
@ Lagos Sky
Try to readjust your set-up in the afternoon just to see if you can receive some of the channels in 7*w. I believe you can receive MBC1,2,3,4. I think your lnb is not in the best position on your set-up. You can still receive nilesat even with with the so called fake lnb. Most of us are using it unknowingly.

@ Olofofo
Thanks for the multiswitch info. The price high O!. Make we dey think am.

@ Pito & Jujuchemist
I hail una.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.