Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,302 members, 7,940,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:32 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (267176 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 8:01am On Apr 01, 2009
HAVE ANYÖNE ATTEMPT TO TRÅCK ATLANTIC
BIRD 1 AT 12.5W
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bodejohn(m): 9:22am On Apr 01, 2009
@ All

The attached picture speaks for itself. That is my Pas 7/10 dish after been inverted.
The elevation is now about times 2 what it used to be at the normal position.
This might be of help people who have tall houses beside their wall to overcome the obstacle
by reducing the height to which they have to go before installing their dish.
It took less than 30mins to accomplish the feat of been the first inverted dish owner on nairaland.
My 12722 H transponder that has been around 38 - 42% signal quality jumped to 62% without any tweaking on the lnb.
I noticed some appreciable gain too other transponders.
I guess at the former position there was some blockage from the house around.

Can i get some congratulatory messages? grin

Attached picture in some few posts down
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 9:32am On Apr 01, 2009
@Bodejohn
Well let me congratulates you on this achievement though we can not see the posted pics of the inverted dish I hope it is corrected Any one with idea of MSNBC channel on W3A and Sirius 4
What TR freq do u used to track it pls let me know
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 9:46am On Apr 01, 2009
@Bode john
congratullations on ur installation ur attached picture was not seen
@everyone
i picked hispasat with pbl prime focus lnb on a 90cm dish at 3:am last night
(APRIL FOOLS)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sammu(m): 9:55am On Apr 01, 2009
@bodejohn congrats but the pic is missing. mind if you attach it again

@jossybless
MSNBC used to on W3 but left some months ago. Am away from my w3 installation now and not sure if its back
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bodejohn(m): 10:06am On Apr 01, 2009
@ All

You guys were faster than my internet connection.
I saw that the picture was missing and had to modify it.
But internet service is slow that you saw the post and made
your comments before the modified post was uploaded.
The picture was taken in the evening and it was about to rain then,
i promise to take a better one when i get home today and upload.

Anyway i have the picture attached now.

Enjoy!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 10:10am On Apr 01, 2009
[size=15pt]@all

SEUN the owner of nairaland just announce that he has sold nairaland to google for an undisclosed fee.

here a link to the news http://forumw.org/afd/
[/size]
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bodejohn(m): 11:01am On Apr 01, 2009
olofofo:

[size=15pt]@all

SEUN the owner of nairaland just announce that he has sold nairaland to google for an undisclosed fee.

here a link to the news http://forumw.org/afd/
[/size]

APRIL FOOL!!! cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 01, 2009
@ bodejohn,
are u sure you aint giving us april fool?
post your signal on 12722H on the Tv screen, maybe by then i will believe you. I aint beleive yet ooooo, cos of what today is.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:06pm On Apr 01, 2009
I ve got the fasted free internet browsing via mtn gprs. This how it goes: make sure u ve N1500 in ur phone,then connect ur pc suite and use this ip: the ip 10.199.212.2 (APRIL FOOLS)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:20pm On Apr 01, 2009
@ enitan- yes oh any post 2day might be foolish. Bodejohn if u repeat this post by tommorrow walahi!! i ll honour u with a chieftian title in nairaland.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 01, 2009
my nile installation begins anytime from now,
below is the picture of the first step

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2009
@ALL
daarsat frequency is on lyngsat.
(www.lyngsat.com.) intelsat
907 at 27.5w
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 1:01pm On Apr 01, 2009
@ALL
Any person doing april fool after 12pm on 1st april today is misusing
it,cos april fool starts at 12 am and stops at 12pm of every 1st april each yr.
bodejohn;-ur
installation
is 100% possible according to the picture on his
post about the 90cm dish been inverted.however it does not make much difference unless
u want track satellite b/w 70e-90e or 50west-80west
etc.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by akinoluyem: 1:20pm On Apr 01, 2009
please, that is your own believe, go to en.wikipedia.org and search for "April fool day" meaning

truely some believe it stop at 12noon, why some believe it is for the whole april 1st day, even in America

It depends on which one do you choose

Be wise
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bodejohn(m): 3:25pm On Apr 01, 2009
@ All

For the doubting Thomas-es especially Enitan & co i am uploading another view of the inverted dish.
The picture is a little blur, you can also see my remote control and screw driver.
This is not April fool.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2009
The meeting of juju of all kemist yesterday was a wonderful experience. Jujukemist welcome ones more to naija delta though its ur mother land. Bodejohn nobody is doubting u, i was only wishing is not an april fool ( cant u feel the excitement in my post). For sure we all know that it is possible, i was even gonna try it after reading from mr marshal. Kudos to u. @ all fta lovers - the truth is that pc connection is not yet possible with mtn,glo and eti. But mtn is going v v fast free with fones. If u ve symbian fone then it is ur lucky time, just dwd opera 4.2 already in the group and u re gud 2 go just as if u re using pc with mouse. I bi like say, over security don clash mtn gprs. Enjoy!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2009
The meeting of juju of all kemist yesterday was a wonderful experience. Jujukemist welcome ones more to naija delta though its ur mother land. Bodejohn nobody is doubting u, i was only wishing is not an april fool ( cant u feel the excitement in my post). For sure we all know that it is possible, i was even gonna try it after reading from mr marshal. Kudos to u. @ all fta lovers - the truth is that pc connection is not yet possible with mtn,glo and eti. But mtn is going v v fast free with fones. If u ve symbian fone then it is ur lucky time, just dwd opera 4.2 already in the group and u re gud 2 go just as if u re using pc with mouse. I bi like say, over security don clash mtn gprs. Enjoy!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2009
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:18pm On Apr 01, 2009
@Pitodenz,
Thanks so much for all your efforts. I'm expecting the consignment tomorrow as
discussed.

@Jujukemist,
Na you biko. Welcome to 'we' land. Hope you have a nice stay here. Thanks once
again.

@all,
I'm reluctant to post today for obvious reasons. I'm reserving all my comments
for tomorrow and beyond. No fooling around for me pls grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2009
Odilibe,

with respect to getting other nilesat freq when 10758 is lower than 75%, it seems that is strictly a northern/mid Nigeria thing, Adewest once pointed out to me (you would have to use the search function to read the post), that in Places like Lagos, Ibadan, e.t.c, you do not use 10758 to track nilesat cos it isn't the strongest freq receiveable there. infact the signal levels in lagos are quite different from that of the North, the example most of us are familiar with is that you cannot get MBC persia in the north (it's on AB4 wide beam), but you can get it in lagos, but you would have to compromise other signals to get it. It is quite wierd, almost as if people in Lagos receive a different nilesat from us in the north. someone once called that phenomenon by a technical name which i can't for the life of me remember.
so please don't doubt someones post just because of that particular freq. Try and take everyone's post 'as is'
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2009
@Pito,
More info on the multiswitches. Please follow the link below.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/tutorials-how-guides/41947-multiswitches.html

George_D ,
Please send one of those magic fuji lnb's to Pito. Thanks in advance. looks like we shall see next week.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 9:53pm On Apr 01, 2009
Enitan i was abt to contact u on the issue of ftb. I ll mail u some cheat to work on and moreover dont give out cheat that u re still working on, work on them till they re stable. Like i got eti working on urf but it not yet stable and as u can see two heads re better than one, lets battle dis ftb cos this thread is getting dry.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 7:15am On Apr 02, 2009
Pls i was surprisd to see mr governor,of lagos state was in my house yesterday came to lobby ,as grand patron of free to air club ,i called enitan on phone 2 seek d opionion of all d gurus,he said i must seek d minds of all member.pls am usg dis opportunty to seek all minds-ekonibaje-dis may look strange,let all continue 2 see ,if olofofo april fool wll work out,my governor av promise nt 2 let dis forum, die off.watch out?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bodejohn(m): 7:39am On Apr 02, 2009
@ Enitan

You can choose what you believe.

@ All

I promised a better picture

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 8:45am On Apr 02, 2009
enitan2002:

i've stoppd givng out codes, cos when i do, it doesnt work for them. They think am giving out a false claim, but they are d one doing sumtin wrong. the mtn codes i gave lastweek to d group still works for me on PC.
Is there a way you can assist with a tutorial and step by step on how this thing works.  For instance, I did tried the cheats on my sony ericsson phone p990 last week, and it didnt work. I then lost interest in trying it on pc.  Since I dont want to be a bother, I left it at that.  I am sure, there are some people who are with me on this, i guess i was able to leave it at that cos i have alternative in my multilinks and office network. Others who doesnt were probably those telling you that it doesnt work. Help with a tutorial, not only you, even those who works for, give a tutorial on how it works for you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2009
twinstaiye:

Is there a way you can assist with a tutorial and step by step on how this thing works. For instance, I did tried the cheats on my sony ericsson phone p990 last week, and it didnt work. I then lost interest in trying it on pc. Since I dont want to be a bother, I left it at that. I am sure, there are some people who are with me on this, i guess i was able to leave it at that cos i have alternative in my multilinks and office network. Others who doesnt were probably those telling you that it doesnt work. Help with a tutorial, not only you, even those who works for, give a tutorial on how it works for you.
@ enitan
I am very grateful for all ur efforts so far on FTB well I supported what Mr Moderator said, pls kindly get us a tutorial on how it works, moreso I am particularly interested in the PC stuff ok though I have heard about it but did not have all that it takes so pls biko ejowo - pleading come to our aid and God bless you more & more
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 11:08am On Apr 02, 2009
thanks odilibi i have been wondering to how one can get some signal at 70-90 east and 50-80west on such dish.THANks FOR THROWING MORE LIGHT.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

George_D ,
Please send one of those magic fuji lnb's to Pito. Thanks in advance. looks like we shall see next week.

Bros,
Exactly how many of them do you need?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2009
@Jujukemist,
How you dey enjoy mummy breast now? I tried calling you all through
last night and this morning but no luck. E be like say that ya village,
network neva reach there o grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2009
@all,
Daarsat finally surfaces on lyngsat- Intelsat 907 at 27.5°W same position as AIT but
on KU band this time. You can track it with even 60cm dish or less.
Those having free time should check it out and tell the house their findings. As for me,
I'm still too busy with nilesat to care about any 'daarsat fever' grin
Anyone interested, use 11555 H, 30000 SR to track and lets see what comes out.

Here's the link: http://www.lyngsat.com/intel907.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.