Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,248 members, 7,939,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:35 PM

Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible (6518 Views)

A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Prophet Muhammad in the Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2008
tearface:

As we all know, the bible was not originally written in English.It was translated into English.The word Ahmad, in English, means comfort; and Muhammad means comforter.Could it be that the translators included the name in their translations? undecided
Ask yourself this question And with this, I rest my case. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

madam you are merely decieving urself. Sorry to respond to this post and i appologize but this is sheer hypocrisy.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Madam cherry-picking the bible (that i earlier claim is corrupted when it suits me) to force-fit spurius tales:

1. This comforter is coming from the Father . . . which Father? Is allah a father?
2. This comforter is the Spirit of Truth . . . was mohammad a spirit?
3. This comforter testifies of Jesus . . . didnt mohammad reject Christ death and crucifiction?
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by tearface(f): 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2008
davidylan:

madam you are merely decieving yourself. Sorry to respond to this post and i appologize but this is sheer hypocrisy.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Madam cherry-picking the bible (that i earlier claim is corrupted when it suits me)
Just trying to use what you believe in
to force-fit spurius tales:

1. This comforter is coming from the Father . . . which Father? Is allah a father?
Well, you believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the holy spirit.And this is a quote from the Bible and not the Qur'an

babs787 link=topic=24654.msg2430959#msg2430959 date=1214596516:

@Tearface

Salam, these are the verses

John chapter 14 verse 16:

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus, in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus was being baptised, etc.

@Asamuel

Please maybe you would help your folks in answering this smple question.

Jesus said that it is expedient for him to go so that the comforter would come. the verse shows that the spirit would be a new creature.

He also said 'another comfoer' meaning that the comforter to come would be like him.

Now, we learnt that the holy spirit was and still in existence since creation, so my dear Asamuel, how come the comforter would be holy spirit since the comforter to come would be a new creature and we learnt that the holy spirit has been in existence since creation?

Thanks

3. This comforter testifies of Jesus . . . didnt mohammad reject Christ death and crucifiction?
The prophet Muhammad (SAW) never rejected Jesus (AS).Infact, anybody who does not believe in Jesus (AS) is not a trule believer of Islam

Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by AKO1(m): 10:19pm On Jun 27, 2008
Ehn ehn, so this is what you people are doing in your little corner of Nairaland

And if it was the other way round we would be hearing of Fatwa

Anyhow sha carry go.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by asamuel: 10:21pm On Jun 27, 2008
I wonder. Thank God Nairaland no be face to face matter. Blood 4 don scatter yanfuyanfu.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 27, 2008
tearface, it is apparent you don't understand what you are arguing.

Well, you believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the holy spirit.And this is a quote from the Bible and not the Qur'an

- How does this answer the question? Is allah regarded as Father? Since he is CLEARLY not who then is this Father that we are told FROM THE VERY VERSES YOU QUOTED that the Comforter is to proceed from?

Yes the bible refers to God as Father . . . is it not one of the sore points in islam that allah has no son and thus CANNOT be regarded as a father?

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus, in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus was being baptised, etc.

lol look at the subtle deception . . . some christians don't say anything EVERY born again child of God knows that the comforter refered to in the bible is the Holy Ghost . . . it is clearly expressed in the bible as the SPIRIT OF TRUTH.

Jesus said that it is expedient for him to go so that the comforter would come. the verse shows that the spirit would be a new creature.

more subtle lies, the verse says nothing of the sort.

Now, we learnt that the holy spirit was and still in existence since creation, so my dear Asamuel, how come the comforter would be holy spirit since the comforter to come would be a new creature and we learnt that the holy spirit has been in existence since creation?

- I've already debunked your baseless claim that the comforter is a new creature. The bible says nothing of the sort and frankly your quran has no predictions of any comforter.

- That the Holy Spirit has been in existence since the creation is no news please read here - 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by littleb(m): 10:37pm On Jun 27, 2008
Before I respond in detail on this topic: 'Prophet Muhammad In The Bible' can someone explain in detail what holy spirit is and how is comforting people. please, if holy spirit has not comfort you, don't respond.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by asamuel: 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2008
Sorry you don't deserve an answer because your question has no good intentions.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by littleb(m): 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2008
Sorry you don't deserve an answer because your question has no good intentions.

How could you read someone's mind? I belief I wish to know what holy spirit is and how it operate. Identify any sign of bad intention in my statement so I can apologise.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by olabowale(m): 11:27pm On Jun 27, 2008
@Davidylan:

madam you are merely decieving yourself. Sorry to respond to this post and i appologize but this is sheer hypocrisy.

Madam cherry-picking the bible (that i earlier claim is corrupted when it suits me) to force-fit spurius tales:

David, it is the Christians, who for the most part insist God is their Father. Such insistance, does not make it true. And it is that very essence that God sent the noble prophet to correct, the mislabelling as father instead of God the Creator, the multiple head of godship, instead of One full Unique God and many others, issues.

If we are to take your argument about the spirit, we will have to conclude that this spirit is not in human form. Right? Therefore, tell me how the spirit performed the functions that the Comforter was to perform? I mean the teaching, the reminder and the glorification? Please do tell us how the spirit did it, unless he was in a human form, since what Jesus did was all in hum form? If this another comforter spirit is not in human form, then Jesus in human form was not a comforter, as well! You will see that your argument is very wishy washy as we go along.

Testimony does not not have to be false either. The truth is that Jesus did not get killed nor crucified. This is consistence with what Muhammad said of him in the Qur'an. And by the way my argument is all directly from Qur'an. If we turn to your Bible, we will see that Jesus prayed in Geshemane that he did not want to die. If his prayer was accepted, then he did not die. This will be consistence with the statement in the Qur'an.

If his prayer at Geshemane was rejected, it will show that he was not a prophet, because God never rejected any prayer from any prophet before Jesus and not any from Jesus and not any from Muhammad, the only prophet who came after Jesus. Only false prophets have their prayers rejected. God did not allow any prophet to make a prayer and then does not grant the prayer. So if Jesus prayed for Comforter, whom he described to be a speaker with audible voice, and a teacher of new information and reminder of what Jesus taught earlier, please tell us how you will claim that this Comforter is a spirit, without any Form?

Is it not that everyone, human has a spirit? Are we not all from Adam? And could anyone claim that Adam did not have a Spirit breath into him? David I am waiting for you to debunk this, when we have overqhelming description of this Spirit/Comforter, as human rather than formless spirit. Are the messengers of God to Humans not always Humans?
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2008
olabowale:

@Davidylan:
David, it is the Christians,

and rightly so, pls afford us the right to hold unto our truth without haranguing us.

olabowale:

who for the most part

we dont "for the most part" . . . we hold this as TRUE.

olabowale:

insist God is their Father.

We dont insist . . . Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

olabowale:

Such insistance, does not make it true.

Your denial does not make it false either. We hold it as evident that on the pillar of this denial is your own belief built. Dont force it down our throats.

olabowale:

And it is that very essence that God sent the noble prophet to correct, the mislabelling as father instead of God the Creator, the multiple head of godship, instead of One full Unique God and many others, issues.

We hold God our Father as divine truth. Yours to you and mine to me.

olabowale:

If we are to take your argument about the spirit, we will have to conclude that this spirit is not in human form. Right? Therefore, tell me how the spirit performed the functions that the Comforter was to perform? I mean the teaching, the reminder and the glorification? Please do tell us how the spirit did it, unless he was in a human form, since what Jesus did was all in hum form? If this another comforter spirit is not in human form, then Jesus in human form was not a comforter, as well! You will see that your argument is very wishy washy as we go along.

You dont even have an argument to start with.

olabowale:

Testimony does not not have to be false either. The truth is that Jesus did not get killed nor crucified. This is consistence with what Muhammad said of him in the Qur'an. And by the way my argument is all directly from Qur'an. If we turn to your Bible, we will see that Jesus prayed in Geshemane that he did not want to die. If his prayer was accepted, then he did not die. This will be consistence with the statement in the Qur'an.

believe what nonsense you will.

olabowale:

If his prayer at Geshemane was rejected, it will show that he was not a prophet, because God never rejected any prayer from any prophet before Jesus and not any from Jesus and not any from Muhammad, the only prophet who came after Jesus. Only false prophets have their prayers rejected. God did not allow any prophet to make a prayer and then does not grant the prayer. So if Jesus prayed for Comforter, whom he described to be a speaker with audible voice, and a teacher of new information and reminder of what Jesus taught earlier, please tell us how you will claim that this Comforter is a spirit, without any Form?

Is it not that everyone, human has a spirit? Are we not all from Adam? And could anyone claim that Adam did not have a Spirit breath into him? David I am waiting for you to debunk this, when we have overqhelming description of this Spirit/Comforter, as human rather than formless spirit. Are the messengers of God to Humans not always Humans?

Ye sons of belial . . . you have cried, threatened others with violence, grovelled and cried for your own little forum. Wert ye to turn that priviledge as an avenue to run down our own belief in the hope that no one will appear to challenge you hypocrites?
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by littleb(m): 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2008
@olabowale

Thanks my brother. I don't know when God decided to send an holy spirit to speak to human being to guide and comfort them. However, all the guidance and comforter God sent were in human form; started from prophet Adam,Nuhu, Abraham and so on.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 28, 2008
littleb:

@olabowale

Thanks my brother. I don't know when God decided to send an holy spirit to speak to human being to guide and comfort them. However, all the guidance and comforter God sent were in human form; started from prophet Adam,Nuhu, Abraham and so on.

the problem here is simple. It seems that we are talking about the same "God" . . . at least that is what you all are decietfully trying to assume. We are however talking about two DISTINCT personalities here.
Your God is not the same as mine. When we get that very clear then we can begin to talk about what YOUR God wont do.

My own God in the bible sent a burning bush to call Moses, an ass spoke to Balaam, Elisha heard the still small voice, Zechariah saw an angel, the three hebrew children saw the Son of Man, Abraham was visited by angels . . .

How then is it a thing of surprise that God guides in Spirit? - John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by olabowale(m): 12:48am On Jun 28, 2008
@Davidylan:

- How does this answer the question? Is allah regarded as Father? Since he is CLEARLY not who then is this Father that we are told FROM THE VERY VERSES YOU QUOTED that the Comforter is to proceed from?

Yes the bible refers to God as Father . . . is it not one of the sore points in islam that allah has no son and thus CANNOT be regarded as a father?

Is there more than One god? If there is not, then you mislabel Him as a father. The Muslims call Him Allah, His propher name, they say. But whatever you call Him or don't, the reality is the reality. He is One and does exists in His purity, and fullness, always. So your semantic undertone does not change His Unique quality. But Allah is God to American Muslims, when they are talking to their non muslim family members. So your argument to separate Him and exclude Him as not being Allah is very weak and unacceptable. So He as Allah does not have son. But he is still the Sender of All Prophets and Creator of All things.

lol look at the subtle deception . . . some christians don't say anything EVERY born again child of God knows that the comforter refered to in the bible is the Holy Ghost . . . it is clearly expressed in the bible as the SPIRIT OF TRUTH.

And the speaker of truth, "Spirit of truth," does have enemies. Many will see his truthfulness as affront to their understood and accepted standing. Is this not what Muhammad did not the fallacies of son/father, trinity and statements which were falsely ascribed to God, then His prophets?

[Quote]
more subtle lies, the verse says nothing of the sort.
[/quote]

David, why don't you assemble all the verses that deal with Comfoter and we can see who has been playing fast and loose. It will be clear to all that the Comforter was nothing different from a man. It was an entity with flesh bone and blood. Someone whose voice was heard.

[Quote]
- I've already debunked your baseless claim that the comforter is a new creature. The bible says nothing of the sort and frankly your quran has no predictions of any comforter.
[/quote]

Whats a comforter, but an entity that provide comfort? Is a comforter not a thing that relievves, makes easy and reduces pain and brings joy and pleasure. Even a type of bed spread is called comforter. Is there anything that brings relief than a prophet to his followers? In the second to the last verse of Surah Taubah, we read how Allah says that Muhammad, as a prophet is so concern for the human and as such as a means of forgiveness and mercy to them. Is there anything more comforting that a process of spiritual satisfaction and bliss when one is assured of forgiveness?

- That the Holy Spirit has been in existence since the creation is no news please read here - 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Read your own confession, david. From your own mouth, right there in your Bible, you quoted 3. We all know that three is a multiple of 1. Then all of a sudden, you turn around and say three is now 1? Please prove it mathematically. No don't even do that, use Logic here.

This is what I quoted as a response to mock Ali Sina in his statement to me about how impossible to have 2+2+5! I had to remind him to take a look at the christians with their even more weird 3 all of a sudden being 1!

David I permit you to use any thing that is logical to you as means of illustration. And wait to see where we will break every one of them.  By the way, what happened to Sheniqua? Oh, Doctors are always on call. Dr. Sheniqua in emergency. lol. Thats on PBA system.

We don't insist . . . Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

And the title of this prayer is not father, but "THe Lord's Prayer!" NOw explain how the title and the body are not corresponding to each other? It reminds me of the voice is that of jacob, but the body is tgat of Esau. You know that was deceit, right?

Ye sons of belial . . . you have cried, threatened others with violence, grovelled and cried for your own little forum. Wert ye to turn that priviledge as an avenue to run down our own belief in the hope that no one will appear to challenge you hypocrites?
[/.quote]

When I read your piece yesterday, that the Muslim section will soon capitulate, I laughed. I told myself that soon enough, the christians will be tripping over themselves in the hope of mounting a "Crusade," against the muslims. They will be trying to safeguard their bloodletting belief system. I welcome your coming over. I think this is good for all. But who is this belial? He is from Ijebu Ode? My father is from Ijebu Ode and his name (ra) was Hamzah. My man, if I see a belial, i will tell him that you are looking for him.

But David, you rae just begging the questions all over the places. I had hoped that you will give us the full gamut about the Spirit Comforter. You just capitulate and did not even approach the subject. I need details men.

Yours to you and mine to me.

Is there a Biblical verse that has something like your quote, above? Or you plagiarized it from Surah Kafirun in the Quran? Lol. You have helped in the comic relief department.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 28, 2008
olabowale:

@Davidylan:
Is there more than One god?

there are multiple "gods" . . . my God i know, which is yours?

End of story. Stop quarelling about wordings in the bible, read your own quran.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by olabowale(m): 3:28am On Jun 28, 2008
@Davidylan: Lol. You make me laugh. You are too much. My God is the Lord and God of Jesus, son of Mary.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Nobody: 4:22am On Jun 28, 2008
olabowale:

@Davidylan: Lol. You make me laugh. You are too much. My God is the Lord and God of Jesus, son of Mary.

Enjoy ur delusions by all means.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by littleb(m): 11:56am On Jun 28, 2008
@davidylan
there are multiple "gods" . . . my God i know, which is yours?

There is only one God don't be confused with the word Allah, it is an arabic word for God. Even in arabic bible, Allah is used allthrough. Semantically, Allah is the original word that can be used to describe Him cos it means UNIQUE, diety( to be worshiped). No singular or plural.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2008
littleb:

@davidylan
There is only one God don't be confused with the word Allah, it is an arabic word for God. Even in arabic bible, Allah is used allthrough. Semantically, Allah is the original word that can be used to describe Him because it means UNIQUE, diety( to be worshiped). No singular or plural.

that is semantic nonsense. That "allah" is the arabic word for God does not force-fit the muslim God into the bible.
Ogun worshippers regard Ogun as God too, are you also desperate to portray him as your allah?

You have your God and i have mine . . . why is the average muslim too desperate to hijack mine?
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by littleb(m): 5:07pm On Jun 28, 2008
@davidylan
That "allah" is the arabic word for God does not force-fit the muslim God into the bible.

Sorry, you are very funny; you are even confirming what I said. the word 'God' has been used in many forms.

Ogun worshippers regard Ogun as God too

Don't contradict yourself with this, Ogun worshipers belief that there is supereme God known as 'Olodumare' to them, ogun is just an intermediary.

Check this out: http://www.imine.1colony.com/photo4.html

Then, are you still confused?
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by babs787(m): 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2008
@Davidylan

I read your cover up hence my bringing forward your post to my last rejoinder. Let me quickly go through it while I wait for your response.

Let us see who is really playing the game of hypocrisy

I laugh at your level of hypocrisy which in all honesty has eaten deep into your flesh and made you inclined to falsehood, lies and lack of understanding.

I noticed that you are guilty of cherry-picking the bible which you wrongfully accused someone of. You ignored the other verses but hid under the above verse in which you lacked proper understanding. It is better for you to read verses and not picking verses out of context.

Let us read the verse you explained wrongly:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

David, did you read to understand the verse at all|? Jesus said he would send the comforter from the father meaning that the SPIRIT to come has never been in existence but would come after Jesus leave the world hence:

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

Meaning that as long as he is in the world, the comforter would not come but when he leaves, the comforter would come and this goes to show that the comforter couldnt have been the holy spirit because Holy Spirit has been in existence and was never expected after demise of Jesus but Jesus referred to a fresh comforter:

John chapter 14 verse 16:

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."
  which would come only if he leaves and we have read from the bible how early prophets have been with Holy Spirit.

Did you explain the verse supplied where Jesus said that you should not call anybody on earth your father and I also asked if a son can also be termed to be the father because I have biblical verses where Jesus was referred to as Servant as well as other prophets from your bible? The above happens to be part of the blasphemous statement infused into the bible by the writers in which they try to say that God is their father.

David, please shun arrogance, pride and falsehood and digest the below saying on the trustworthiness of the Holy Prophet.

The Prophet [pbuh] is the most just, the most decent, the most truthful at speech, and the honestest of all. Those who have exchanged speech with him, and even his enemies, acknowledge his noble qualities. Even before the Prophethood he was nicknamed[b] Al-Ameen (i.e. the truthful, the truthworthy). [/b]

Aishah said:

“The Messenger of Allâh [pbuh], whenever he is given the opportunity to choose between two affairs, he always chooses the easiest and the most convenient. But if he is certain that it is sinful, he will be as far as he could from it. He has never avenged himself; but when the sanctity of Allâh is violated he would. That would be for Allâh’s not for himself. He is the last one to get angry and the first to be satisfied. His hospitality and generosity were matchless. His gifts and endowments manifest a man who does not fear poverty.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari 1/503]

Ibn‘Abbas said: “The Prophet [pbuh] was the most generous. He is usually most generous of all times in Ramadan, the times at which the angel Gabriel [AWS] comes to see him. Gabriel used to visit him every night of Ramadan and review the Qur’ân with him. Verily the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] is more generous at giving bounty or charity than the blowing wind.”

Firstly, can you show me where the coforter testifies?
Secondly, do you have proof that he was crucified?
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by javalove(m): 5:27pm On Jun 29, 2008
Only Allah ca guide whoever is lost. We can only talk. He that knows not, and knows not that he knows not is a fool, he would continue to argue till kingdom comes even when the facts have been presented to him/her.

Allah knows best
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2008
look at this hypocritical little imps.

[size=13pt]Is allah the FATHER in question and when did allah become a father? Who is his son? [/size]

That is the issue babs . . . all these shameful twisting and avoiding the issue wont wash with me.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by javalove(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2008
davidylan:

look at this hypocritical little imps.

[size=13pt]Is allah the FATHER in question and when did allah become a father? Who is his son? [/size]

That is the issue babs . . . all these shameful twisting and avoiding the issue wont wash with me.

xtians shud be ashamed when they use this father and son thing for God. You think God is human? When the wool in your eyes are removed, then you will understand. Does God eat, drink or sing like we men do? God is independed on everything he has created,
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2008
javalove:

xtians should be ashamed when they use this father and son thing for God. You think God is human? When the wool in your eyes are removed, then you will understand. Does God eat, drink or sing like we men do? God is independed on everything he has created,

Wow so you know God so well you can even describe his dos and donts? grin These men are the more confused.
You dont seem to understand the use of the term FATHER in the bible . . . understand it first before crying.

Are muslims not ashamed when they regard themselves slaves for allah? Is allah a taskmaster?
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by babs787(m): 6:25pm On Jun 29, 2008
@Davidylan

ook at this hypocritical little imps.

Is allah the FATHER in question and when did allah become a father? Who is his son?

It seems you couldnt answer my post with regards to the holy spirit not being the comforter and want to shit to the use of father in the bible.

You even showed your ignorance with regards to biblical verses. So if Muslims should be ashamed of being referred to as Slave, what of Jesus, John, Isaiah etc thast were being referred to as same?
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 29, 2008
babs787:

It seems you couldnt answer my post with regards to the holy spirit not being the comforter and want to shit to the use of father in the bible.

Keep quiet. The MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE is WHO is the comforter proceeding from? WHICH FATHER?

Answer that first! If mohammad is the comforter then who is the FATHER sending him?
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by babs787(m): 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2008
@Davidylan

Keep quiet. The MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE is WHO is the comforter proceeding from? WHICH FATHER?

So you are not concerned about who the comforter is again? Imhotep described you perfectly, diverting topics and making no sensible explanation.

Answer that first! If mohammad is the comforter then who is the FATHER sending him?

Is that the topic or deviation when you happened to be lost but never mind, I am here to put you on the right track.

Were Jesus, Isaiah, John etc not referred to as Slaves in your BIBLE?
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2008
Blabs, you're nothing but a decietful man.

You claim the comforter is mohammad . . . the verse you quoted spoke of the comforter proceeding forth from the FATHER.

[size=15pt]Who is this FATHER?[/size]

It is STRAIGHT ON TOPIC . . . stop being a pedantic fool.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by olabowale(m): 2:57am On Jun 30, 2008
@Davidylan: Stop these nonsenses. You call God your Father, though without any cogent proof. God called Ibrahim His friend. But we know that it is One God that is being spoken about.

So you see, father to some, Friend to few, but definitely Lord God to all. Whats the big deal that you can see beyond this father label that you can't prove. Listen, is it not in your Bible, as Babs787 pointed out that you must not call anyone on earth God? Did you follow the injuction? No, you didn't. So how am I going to believe what you say therefore, even when you support it with Biblical verses?

I did not see a sincere commitment from you based on the fact that you do call somebody on earth Father.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Nobody: 4:49am On Jun 30, 2008
olabowale:

@Davidylan: Stop these nonsenses. You call God your Father, though without any cogent proof. God called Ibrahim His friend. But we know that it is One God that is being spoken about.

So you see, father to some, Friend to few, but definitely Lord God to all. Whats the big deal that you can see beyond this father label that you can't prove. Listen, is it not in your Bible, as Babs787 pointed out that you must not call anyone on earth God? Did you follow the injuction? No, you didn't. So how am I going to believe what you say therefore, even when you support it with Biblical verses?

I did not see a sincere commitment from you based on the fact that you do call somebody on earth Father.

stop being a liar, it said FATHER not God and to those who have prayerfully studied the verse it is abundantly clear what is meant there. For a blind muslim like you seeking loopholes you wont see it.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by olabowale(m): 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2008
@Davidylan: You are correct. I meant to write father. But of course, since we were talking about God, and father is almost unimportant in this argument, you can see how I miswrote, therefore ending up in its place with God.

But since I mentioned babs787 writing, you should have been smart enough that the old man intended to write father, and not God. But your seizing up on this chance of my writing God, instead of father is like a windfall for you. David, it still will not change my question; Are you not warned by the Bible not to call anyone father on earth, since you claim that your Father is in heaven? And the last line on my pice actually pointed to father, David. This shows that you are not honest when you dialogue. It should not be all wars and any means necessary. lol.

And David go search the internet, if you are still unable to see a sunset by the water. You will see that the surface of the water is not clear any longer because of the dying light being not enough to penetrate the liquid object. Water normally distort the penetration of light anyway, so there is no wonder that the water looks murky/muddy at sunset.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by olabowale(m): 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2008
@Davidylan, ~Lady~, etc:

So we turn to the bible,

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

If the Christian claims that Jesus is God and not a mere prophet, this verse found in the bible, can never apply to him, or can it? It has to apply only to mere prophet, and no more than a mere prophet. Reasons;

God promised to raise them up a prophet and not another god on earth, or a son of god, etc along with just being a prophet! God also said that He will put His words in his mouth, so that he shall speak unto them his listeners all that He God shall command him, only. And nothing more than that. Here we should be very attentive to who will be commanded here. Of course, God will and can not command Himself, in a subordinated position. God is never lower than God. So the one commanded should be not God, but a mere man, a true subordinate. G

God can not put His word as in position of command to show inferiority of Himself. He has to put His word in the mouth of an inferior being/entity, a slave and a servant. A mere messenger that must never refuse order. And he can not say what ever was not commanded him. Never! He has to say exactly, word for word, exactly what was put in his mouth to speak and commanded to regurgitate.

You see I did not touch the brethren and onto like thee parts of the verse. I do not want you guys to escape this choke hold in my clampping down on your ability to play Hoodini!

Now tell us, if Jesus was a mere prophet? Tell us if Jesus as god could be commanded by anyone, especially his equal or himself, as you were trying to insinuate by John 5 Verse 18, that he is equal to God? Tell us if Jesus did speak only what he was commanded and nothing else, especially when no one can command God? And of course that Jesus was always god, according to you. The saying that once saved always remain saved will apply as well on his claimed godship. He could not be god and then not be god at sometimes. It just does not make any logical sense. It goes to that very fact that Babs787 was saying about him exhibiting inferior to God, but 100% human prophet and ordinary man qualities. Please explain how your god Jesus will fit being commanded and be controlled by the God that is universally understood, in the verse of the Bible, above.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

What Does Islam Says Abt 1st Salary Regardg Parants / The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' / Why Do Muslims Not Eat Pork?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.