Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,244 members, 7,939,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:14 PM

Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible (6516 Views)

A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Prophet Muhammad in the Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by asamuel: 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2008
By their works we shall know them. Muslim is synomymous to dispute, quarrels, polygamy, dirty living (go to the North and see). Throughout the world, Jesus is known and acknowledged. Illiteracy worries muslims most times. They often think it's by argument. No, it's who maintains peace.

I pray that you will all know the true Way - which is Christ.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by tearface(f): 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2008
@fellow muslims
Salaam Alaikum
U know why I gave up posting here?Because its pointless to argue with minds that are not intellectual.Its true we all have our differences, but I dont think that's any reason why we cant argue intellectually.davidylan has been asking the samequestioon over and over again; and we've been answering him back from the bible. . .who is the father?Christianity is based on the concept of trinity - God the father, God the son, and God the holy spirit.This is straight out from Christianity.Him constantly asking the same question shows his lack of intellect.He isnt asking understand.He simply wants to argue.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by asamuel: 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2008
we hear u. Mr intellectual. Go to mosque and show it so people can get converted to islam. Every day muslims are knowing the light and converting to Christianity all over the world because we sit them down and show them the truth. It's not arguement but simple explanation. I am an example of a former muslim that knew the true way(Jesus). Whatever you argue, I'm happy I now know God.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by babs787(m): 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2008
Then if you happen to be a former muslim, I happened to be a christian before seeing the light and I am sure, you have never read the bible more than I do and still doing.

May Allah open your eyes before its too late
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by asamuel: 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2008
babs, share your testimony and let the world hear, if you have one. tell us how you became a christian first and how you got converted into islam and i would tell you mine. Let's see who have real experiences. i challenge you.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by asamuel: 9:06pm On Jun 30, 2008
, still waiting, babs!
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by sherrylo: 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2008
Asamuel see hen if the muslims wen you sabi na only the ones when dey north, then i beg try make you look again.All those things wen you attribute to muslims, no be thier own. The problem with you guys hen be say una too they mix tradition with religion. Its time you started seeing peoples tradition as a total diffrent thing to thier religion.When you are talking about Islam talk about it as a religion dont put fractions into it.Afterall Jesus no be christian,sabi na Jew.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by asamuel: 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2008
babs, I am still waiting, grin grin grin
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by olabowale(m): 11:01pm On Jun 30, 2008
@asamuel: Please explain Mark 12 verse 29 to us. When i read it, I got the feeling straigh away that Jesus was saying to his listeners, that he has the same Lord who is One God as them, whom he also worships. And that Lord which is God is One. This destroys Trinity. Or at least points to the fact that Jesus is not part of the Trinity.

When you are through with it, I will send another verse to you, for explanations. I need understanding from you about your Bible Verses. They are straight forward reading and that is why i find it difficult to accept that Jesus said that he is god of any form.

Come on man. You have a lot to answer to me about. I need a lot of education about your Bible. You seem to be the man to do it.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 01, 2008
tearface:

@fellow muslims
Salaam Alaikum
You know why I gave up posting here?Because its pointless to argue with minds that are not intellectual.Its true we all have our differences, but I don't think that's any reason why we can't argue intellectually.davidylan has been asking the samequestioon over and over again; and we've been answering him back from the biblewho is the father?Christianity is based on the concept of trinity - God the father, God the son, and God the holy spirit.This is straight out from Christianity.Him constantly asking the same question shows his lack of intellect.He isnt asking understand.He simply wants to argue.

this is a disgrace! You try to use the bible to smuggle mohammad in, then explain how mohammad can proceed from the FATHER since allah claims that he is not a father. Is that too confusing for u that you will use underhand methods to run away?
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by littleb(m): 9:59am On Jul 01, 2008
@asamuel

Go to mosque and show it so people can get converted to islam. Every day muslims are knowing the light and converting to Christianity all over the world because we sit them down and show them the truth. It's not arguement but simple explanation. I am an example of a former muslim that knew the true way(Jesus). Whatever you argue, I'm happy I now know God.

What rubbish! If you were a muslim before, then you were never a practicing one, never understand anything regarding the teaching of Isalm and there are so many nonentity like you like proxy believer, do as I say. However, Islam doesn't want quantity, we need quality. People who are ready to learn, seek knowledge, research and worship thier God accordingly. Moreso, don't make full of yourself, read bible carefully, there are some truth in there clearly for you to know your lord is one God not trinity, no son, no children, no wife, hence no family.

@davidylan
this is a disgrace! You try to use the bible to smuggle mohammad in, then explain how mohammad can proceed from the FATHER since allah claims that he is not a father. Is that too confusing for u that you will use underhand methods to run away?

Yes Allah is not a father to anybody but a creator. The concept of father in the bible is homonymous and Islam deviate in totality to use such word to describe God almighty.

How I wish you open your mind without sentiment to read your bible A to Z carefully. Moreso, get a copy of Quran as well as the details on the life of prophet muhammad. the kind of his personality, how he relates with people arround him before and during prophethood.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by samba123(m): 11:22am On Jul 01, 2008
@asamuel

By their works we shall know them. Muslim is synomymous to dispute, quarrels, polygamy, dirty living (go to the North and see). Throughout the world, Jesus is known and acknowledged. Illiteracy worries muslims most times. They often think it's by argument. No, it's who maintains peace.

I pray that you will all know the true Way - which is Christ

are you saying that this dispute, quarrels, polygamy, dirty living are only found in Islamic society? Lol you should specific of what you say's. and Which North pole are you referring for? if you're a naive person trying to put like this thing here its a Bogus believe of what you observed.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by asamuel: 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2008
I refuse to be diverted from serious issues here!!! babs said he was once a christian and now a muslim just like I was once a muslim and I am now a Christian. I have challenged him to let Nairaland know how he became a christian and then his conversion experience and up till now, he and his brothers are still beating about the bush.

So, babs, the world is listening!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by olabowale(m): 3:43pm On Jul 01, 2008
@asamuel: If Babs787 did not respond to you quite fast enough, you take the flow and tell us your full story. maybe that will shame him to come out. If not I will tell you the story of the conversion of Zainab, an Ibo Princess. Its a fastinating story. But I will not touch it, until you tell me your own story. Then I may top that with my mothers conversion to Islam. And evena story of a former widow of a well known Nigerian muslim, who was well known all over the business world internationally.

I am still working on some of the children to come back to Islam.InshaAllah, they will. The youngest of the children from this widow is 20, while the elderst is 34. Am listening, asamuel. You should be Paul. Thats a name that fits you in your conversion. But I gave you a biblical verse explanation assignment, you have failed to tackle it, yet. Typical Christian bravado you carry all ove the place. Its called yanga in piggin english.
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by babs787(m): 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2008
Assamuel

babs, share your testimony and let the world hear, if you have one. tell us how you became a christian first and how you got converted into islam and i would tell you mine. Let's see who have real experiences. i challenge you.

Sorry brother, i was very busy and couldnt attend to your post. You don't have to challenge me, my posts speak for me.
I was born into a christian family, my parents were christians, attended missionary school and lived in a predominantly christian community. My parents happen to be a Christ Apostolic Church Member. Church then, is not that business like as it is now.

I started having getting confused when I came across some verses in the bible and I asked my Pastor and he had to tell me that that happened to be how they have been reading it and I should not try to question God that the bible was written with inspiration and what matter most is to believe in Jesus and accept him as the Lord and Saviour. I couldnt hold this as I started wondering what could my pastor be hiding when he saw two glaring contradicting verses, yet told me never to worry. I then though that, how do I explain to someone if he/she comes to me and presented two contradicting verses. Mind you, there was this man, Abdul Lateef Adebowale who happened to be the founder of a comparative society who goes about preaching Islam, using the Quran and bible as facts. I started attending most of his lectures and got myself the Quran. There was  a time I had to come on stage and debated with him along with my friend who happened to be a pastor but now late (May Allah forgive him).

In my quest for truth, I attended some many church practicing diferent doctrine, catholic church called saint Sabina somewhere in Agege, The Apostolic church , deeper life christian Assembly etc. Went to Foursquare Gospel church as well and at the end of the day, having got enough fact from the bible and the Quran got reverted to Islam through Abdul Lateef Adegbite. I can sit comfortably and tell you some of the doctrines preached by some of the christian sects including Jehovah Witness.

Mind I decided to cut the story short because of Space. A lot happened when I wanted to revert to Islam. I faced so many opposition, sanctions etc but Alhamdulillah here i am. My aged father too reverted to ISLAM during last Ramadhan and has been praying since then but I am still praying for my mother to see the light before she enters the grave.

There was this incident too where my friend dreamt of Jesus telling him to worhip (my friend was an Alfa) and after the dream, got confused and never go to mosque nor pray again but Alhamdulillah, I was able to bail him through one of the prayer organised by the society I attend for a Lady being disturbed by Jinn and the Jinn had to tell us some facts with regards to Jesus' picture, the only religion before God and my friend started praying again having learnt the truth and I was able to bring a lady to Islam through this only incident.

So can I have yours now?
Re: Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by littleb(m): 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2008
@asamuel

I was thrown into Qu'ranic school. I knew the entire Qu'ran off-hand but I was not saved from sin.
I was keeping girl friends along with my other muslim friends. In fact, our girl friends were muslims too.

It's a lie, you never learnt Quran off-hand. The application of Quran is what we are doing. Quran never thought you be violent and never to be unkind to people. You engaged yourself in immorality because you keep bad friends. Likewise, there are bad christians as well. I was thought Quran the same way and I wasn't engage in all those illicit act. I still believe the best way to learn Islam it through the only source: AL-Qur'an Kareem: niether what people do nor what they said. I believe you never read this in your Quran:

But as for those who break God's contract after it has been agreed and sever what God has commanded to be joined, and cause corruption in the earth, the curse will be upon them. They will have the Evil Abode. (Qr 13: 25)

Seek the abode of the hereafter with what God has given you, without forgetting your portion of the world. And do good as God has been good to you. And do not seek to cause mischief on earth. God does not love mischief makers.' (Qr 28: 77) and Qr:17:32, 4:24,24:2(forbid adultry and fornication)

I was the class prefect and many times I had mobilized many other students to disrupt her class until I made sure that CRK was not taught in my class.

One day, the Christians were having a crusade in my school. We agreed that we would go there and disrupt the crusade (you know this is not right but this is what every muslim would do if they have the chance to do so). I went with my friends to the crusade and while we stood at the back with intentions to forment troubles, I couldn't turn my ears away from the preaching of the day. I was surprised that someone could preach from the Bible I so opposed without ever mentioning the evils of my own religion. When the preacher started mentioning sins and the consequences I knew that if I would not deceive myself, I was guilty. I shouted in the congregation that the preacher is a liar and that none could say he is not committing sin. I attracted the attention of everyone and my other friends started chanting allah' akbar!.

You are wrong! A disobedient to Almighty God. Did you read this:
'Let there be no compulsion in religion: truth stands put clear from error.' (Qr 2: 256).

I was also thought CRK in school and muslims were many in the class, we didn't obstruct any teacher, rather we learnt the best out of it. I was even among the best performer in the class, they even thought I have changed my faith. Now let take you to history of the verse above:

This verse was revealed on the occasion when some Companions among the Helpers (ansar) asked the Prophet for permission to compel their relatives to profess Islam. However, some of these people had practiced Christianity or Judaism since their early childhood, and the Banu Nadir, a Jewish tribe of Medina even had children who were related to the Companions, but who were brought up by Jewish parents and were considered Jews. When the Prophet issued orders for the Banu Nadir to move out of Medina, so as to prevent clashes between them and the Muslims, some Companions sought instead to force their relatives into Islam. It was at this juncture that the preceding verse was revealed, and the Prophet ordered his Companions not to compel anyone, but to give them the choice to decide what religion they wished to follow.

My mistress came to me and pleaded with me to see her after the event. At this point I was touched. I knew that if a Christian had come to do this in the mosque he would not go home with his head. Within me that night I had no peace. I prayed that God should forgive me and I started asking God questions. Why are we violent as muslims? Why can't we peacefully accommodate other religions as they accommodate us? Why can't all my Qu'ran stop me from sin like the preacher said.

The Bible was bought for me and I started reading it with a differrent mind.

What a shame! No solid foundation! So, you can easily be brainwashed! no personal effort to know your God. Just take a look, if two people are fighting on the cause that one is saying you steal my money and the other is claiming not. When they get to court, what will judge do? Of course you don't know, cos you've not applied it to know your God. Witnesses of course. Where are the witnessses we have, it is Bible and Quran. You never learnt Quran properly at first instance, now you are reading bible with a different mind. You read Quran with what?

Now you kept on saying you read the Bible and you found some contradictory verses. Because you could not quote those verses, I take those to be untrue.

Yes, I said it. Not only contradicting, but enormorsely corrupted, altered,edited and revised in so many versions. Now, take down the following assignment:

1. john 1:18 Vs Gen 32:30, Exd 33:11, 2 king:11

2. Isa 40:28 Vs Jer 15:6

3. psalm 121:4 Vs psalm 73:20

Corrupted words:
Heb 12:29 ( God is Fire)
Psalm 2:7 (A son God begotten today)
Gen. 6:1-4 (Son of God were sleeping with daughters of men) e.t.c.

I can tell you, I read bible very well and I have come to conclusion bible is a combination of many books compose of:

1. Words of God (e.g Isa 43:11)
2. Words of prophets of God (e.g mark 12:29)
3. Words of Historian (e.g mark 11:from 1)

Muslims would deny you once they see that you are no longer with them.

It is not, at least I have my brother who converted to christianinty on the verge that he claims God spoke to him but he tells lies a lot. However, I accommodates him. I also have christian neighbour, we eat, drink and play together and that doesn't disturb either faith. How come you reach such conclusion?

55. Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
Can you see there that all those who beileve in Jesus would be set above those of you who blaspheme HIM?

Yes you are right, Allah says we should believe in Jesus which bible also testifies to it. All the other prophets who came before and after Jesus are the same. But, you misconcept it. Jesus is not God as you claim. Only God is lord and personal saviour which jesus testifies. We muslims believe in Jesus, Alihamudulilah.

Salaam! May GOD SAVE YOUR LIVES!!!

سلام على من تبع الله حدا
(Peace be onto who follow ALLAH, the unique)

(1) (2) (3) (4)

What Does Islam Says Abt 1st Salary Regardg Parants / The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' / Why Do Muslims Not Eat Pork?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.