Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,774 members, 7,875,931 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:52 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (66632 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 3:30pm On Apr 26, 2009
@HNIC. Yea i mean AA23. Nice game & unbeaten in d EPL this year. Manure here we come.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2009
follypimpi:

Sir Fergie's game play against us will be to choke our midfield and man to man marking.

I agree Alex Ferguson may choke the midfield,but I don't think they'll man-mark,the Arsenal is a very fluid team,it's really difficult to expect to man-mark any of our players and hope to do any damage via that.

Manure get ready to be stopped in your tracks  cool cool
Like play like play
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2009
HNIC:

Fabregas gets the 2nd goal !!!!!
Fergie is watching!!!

The Old man was watching with his Goggles . . . tongue tongue

Fab4 was fantastic to watch. grin grin grin grin

I almost tot he got injured in the early stages . . .

Man UTD . . . here we come . . i see a 3 - 3 draw at OT. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 3:51pm On Apr 26, 2009
I kind of feel sorry for Boro though,e pele
There're only two teams I'll be only too happy to see relegated from the EPL
(1)Hull
(2)Tottenham

Not boro,not newcastle undecided undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 3:53pm On Apr 26, 2009
rasputinn:

I kind of feel sorry for Boro though,e pele

Something tells me Newcastle and Boro would escape relegation this season embarassed embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 3:53pm On Apr 26, 2009
@Rasput

Well  i know 4 sure they will want to stop our free flowing passing footie @ that case SONG will be very effective,to hold the ball more,AW should teach our defenders on how to shoot/clear the ball instead of trying to pass our way through.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 3:57pm On Apr 26, 2009
follypimpi:

@Rasput

Well i know 4 sure they will want to stop our free flowing passing footie @ that case SONG will be very effective,to hold the ball more,AW should teach our defenders on how to shoot/clear the ball instead of trying to pass our way through.

This present manure squad does not have the formula to stop the Arsenal,hence Alex Fergz was in the stands today
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 4:00pm On Apr 26, 2009
follypimpi:

@Rasput

Well  i know 4 sure they will want to stop our free flowing passing footie @ that case SONG will be very effective,to hold the ball more,AW should teach our defenders on how to shoot/clear the ball instead of trying to pass our way through.

. . .  .hmmm, Na tru oooooooooo

Man Utd is our next game and the outcome of the 1st leg would determine if we would be in Rome or Not lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2009
@rasputinn,
Hull will go down.
You don't offend the Arsenal and stay up grin
Birmingham thru that thug, Taylor broke Eduardo's leg
They went down
Phil Brown has annoyed all of us with the Fabregas episode
They will go down also
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2009
I hope Hull goes down though. I'd prefer Blackburn 2 follow them cos Big Sam is just another Phil Brown!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2009
Efficient and comfortable win by the gunners.  cool

Nice to see Captain Cesc regain his scoring touch. . . and not a moment too soon. Almunia came back, Djourou had a cameo and so did Adebayor. I am very confident going into the CL game that we are more than capable of getting a very decent result at OT come Wednesday.  cool

20 games unbeaten in the league with a victory and a clean sheet - both very welcome after the draw and leaky defence on Tuesday. Now we just need to keep our focus and drive for the biggest game of the season yet.

PS - Wenger said Silvestre went off with a back spasm. I hope he stays injured so Djourou can start on Wednesday. cheesy

Gunner 1965  cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 5:32pm On Apr 26, 2009
Wicked people.  .  .how could y'all have sped up Boro's relegation process like that? Simply heartless cry
Wouldn't have affected your 4th place if y'all had lost sad

So Fergie was at the Emirates? Interesting grin
I like that.  .  .means he is not taking anything for granted. Not going to underestimate AW, which is a very good thing for us. Over-confidence never helps.
  SAF came to see the gay boiz in action himself.  .  .undiluted analysis and conclusions. AW prob'ly sent a bored spy to OT.  .  .flawed analysis and conclusions. grin Be afraid, gaynners.
  Looking forward to another mouth-watering English clash on Wednesday night!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2009
Cristalz:

Wicked people. . .how could y'all have sped up Boro's relegation process like that? Simply heartless cry

I was actually in two minds about it - If Boro won, then they would be level on points with Hull, who I hope go down into oblivion along with their dim witted fake tan manager. grin grin

But alas, Arsenal does well when high on confidence so the win was needed to fully erase any hangover from the FA cup exit. tongue

Cristalz:

So Fergie was at the Emirates? Interesting grin
I like that.  .  .means he is not taking anything for granted. Not going to underestimate AW, which is a very good thing for us. Over-confidence never helps.
  SAF came to see the gay boiz in action himself.  .  .undiluted analysis and conclusions. AW prob'ly sent a bored spy to OT.  .  .flawed analysis and conclusions. grin Be afraid, gaynners.
  Looking forward to another mouth-watering English clash on Wednesday night!!
Did you expect Wenger to forget today's game and be following Utd?

Don't worry - Arsene has 5 video tapes from your game - two focusing on Evra and Rafael alone. Walcott and Nasri will watch them daily from now till Wednesday grin grin

Fergie came to watch and that's what he will do on Wednesday - watch as we dance circles around y'all and bang in the goals.

Be very afraid scumtwats - Captain Cesc has resumed normal service!! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2009
debosky:

But alas, Arsenal does well when high on confidence so the win was needed to fully erase any hangover from the FA cup exit. tongue
Did you expect Wenger to forget today's game and be following Utd?

See me see wahala. . .was he playing Boro on Saturday afternoon?? The French fry was too lazy to take a trip to OT to observe the play live. Seems he thinks his 4th place in the Prem is more important than a spot in the UCL final cheesy grin
Videos indeed. . .nothing like seeing it all live and jotting down your observations. Fergie has got both live observations and video observations. Both ends covered. AW has got only poor quality videos. grin

debosky:

Don't worry - Arsene has 5 video tapes from your game - two focusing on Evra and Rafael alone. Walcott and Nasri will watch them daily from now till Wednesday grin grin

Fergie came to watch and that's what he will do on Wednesday - watch as we dance circles around y'all and bang in the goals.

Be very afraid scumtwats - Captain Cesc has resumed normal service!! cool

Walcott and Nasri don't enjoy watching TV. They told me. grin

Definitely, Fergie will watch his plans fall in place, will watch his tactics prove very effective. Captain Cesc is erratic. . .chances are, he'll be limp on Wednesday.
So Almunia is back? Aw. . .I really wanted Fabby to play. sad Playing in the UCL is a wonderful opportunity!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2009
debosky:

I was actually in two minds about it - If Boro won, then they would be level on points with Hull, who I hope go down into oblivion along with their dim witted fake tan manager. grin grin

Seems all Arsenal fans want Hull to go down. grin In that we are united.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Moonstone(f): 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2009
allboyz:

Man UTD . . . here we come . . i see a 3 - 3 draw at OT. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
I reject it for my beautiful team. Enemies of progress. I trust them newayz.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2009
Cristalz:

See me see wahala. . .was he playing Boro on Saturday afternoon?? The French fry was too lazy to take a trip to OT to observe the play live. Seems he thinks his 4th place in the Prem is more important than a spot in the UCL final cheesy grin
Videos indeed. . .nothing like seeing it all live and jotting down your observations. Fergie has got both live observations and video observations. Both ends covered. AW has got only poor quality videos. grin
I'm sure you'd have been the first to call him a Viewer or something. He focused on his team and got the job done. Besides, Fergie's eyesight is so bad that he can't read his own scribbles, and with his bad memory he won't remember anything useful from the game. cheesy

Walcott and Nasri don't enjoy watching TV. They told me. grin
Not to worry, we use iPod technology too - remember Foster? cheesy

Definitely, Fergie will watch his plans fall in place, will watch his tactics prove very effective. Captain Cesc is erratic. . .chances are, he'll be limp on Wednesday.
So Almunia is back? Aw. . .I really wanted Fabby to play. sad Playing in the UCL is a wonderful opportunity!
Cesc is erratic? cheesy Don't worry, he is erratically slipping into gear right about now - last season it was the first half that was blazing, now it will be the second half of the season this time around. Gotta love that erraticity. grin

Fabby had his chance - playing a q-final CL game so he has had the opportunity. Now it's Big Al's time to shine - he wants to get into the finals again and WIN. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2009
fab was fabolous
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 7:30pm On Apr 26, 2009
debosky:

I'm sure you'd have been the first to call him a Viewer or something. He focused on his team and got the job done. Besides, Fergie's eyesight is so bad that he can't read his own scribbles, and with his bad memory he won't remember anything useful from the game. cheesy

Au contraire.  .  .I woulda called him wise if he had come to OT.
 Nice of you to point out that AW has no idea how to multi-task. grin I always suspected it, now I know. He'll spend Monday memorizing his grainy videos, Tuesday trying to decide which shade of red tie to wear, Wednesday morning making travel arrangements. No time to grill his boys. Guess he'll do all the lecturing from the sidelines.  .  .hope his heart doesn't give out by the time he starts screaming in fury. cheesy

debosky:

Not to worry, we use iPod technology too - remember Foster?  cheesy

Copy copy.  .  .unfortunately, reliable rumor has it that nobody on Arsene's squad owns an iPod. grin

debosky:

Cesc is erratic?  cheesy Don't worry, he is erratically slipping into gear right about now - last season it was the first half that was blazing, now it will be the second half of the season this time around. Gotta love that erraticity.  grin

Fabby had his chance - playing a q-final CL game so he has had the opportunity. Now it's Big Al's time to shine - he wants to get into the finals again and WIN.  cool

Cesc will be hapless, don't worry. Ando will keep him too occupied.  .  .

Who is 'Big Al' , Almunia the Italian fashionista wanna-be? Even if he works hard, your back line is confused half the time. Good for us. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2009
Cristalz:

Wicked people. . .how could y'all have sped up Boro's relegation process like that? Simply heartless cry

If u love them so much, yhey're playing you next. Do the deed missy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 7:59pm On Apr 26, 2009
Aw, edoyad dear, where and how have you been? grin grin

Our case is different. . .a loss will affect our title chase; we have no choice but to beat 'em. You guys, on the other hand, had nothing to lose by losing. Win, loss, draw, y'all are firmly cemented in 4th place. Woulda made no difference. Wicked wicked people! cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2009
Cristalz:

Au contraire.  .  .I woulda called him wise if he had come to OT.
 Nice of you to point out that AW has no idea how to multi-task. grin I always suspected it, now I know. He'll spend Monday memorizing his grainy videos, Tuesday trying to decide which shade of red tie to wear, Wednesday morning making travel arrangements. No time to grill his boys. Guess he'll do all the lecturing from the sidelines.  .  .hope his heart doesn't give out by the time he starts screaming in fury. cheesy
Unlike stingy Alex, Wenger has people he can delegate tasks to. Hope your manager doesn't end up getting slapped on the train again, though I know he needs all the coins he can save up to give El Ugly (aka Tevez) a permanent deal.  grin

Copy copy.  .  .unfortunately, reliable rumor has it that nobody on Arsene's squad owns an iPod. grin
My bad, I meant the latest in Japanese video technology from Sony. Remember AW has strong Japanese ties  grin

Cesc will be hapless, don't worry. Ando will keep him too occupied.  .  .
Ando will be worrying about Song too much to remember Cesc, I hear he's jealous that there's another good midfielder with dreads in the premiership competing for the same hairdresser.  grin grin

Who is 'Big Al' , Almunia the Italian fashionista wanna-be? Even if he works hard, your back line is confused half the time. Good for us. grin
Confusion? Nah, that word was banished with Mikael (pumpkin head) Silvestre's injury today.  cheesy Big Al is the debonair, refined gentleman between the posts for the Red and White Army, not the knock off wearing Ronaldo with his man purse.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 8:29pm On Apr 26, 2009
debosky:

Unlike stingy Alex, Wenger has people he can delegate tasks to. Hope your manager doesn't end up getting slapped on the train again, though I know he needs all the coins he can save up to give El Ugly (aka Tevez) a permanent deal.  grin

Dude, there are some tasks one simply must not delegate. Just goes to show how seriously Sir Alex is taking this, and how lightly AW is taking it. Wenger has become too confident because Arshavin tightened up his team. . .Arshavin that isn't even going to play. grin His hired help probably went to some pub instead of viewing the game live.
Fergie went to the Emirates in his Rolls. grin As for Tev, when Fergie really wants a player, the cash simply appears.

debosky:

My bad, I meant the latest in Japanese video technology from Sony. Remember AW has strong Japanese ties  grin

Those ties weakened considerably when the Japs saw how empty and dusty Arsene's trophy cabinet is. They will no longer allow him to continue begging them for their discarded electronics. grin

debosky:

Ando will be worrying about Song too much to remember Cesc, I hear he's jealous that there's another good midfielder with dreads in the premiership competing for the same hairdresser.  grin grin

Song will get lost all by himself trying to make sense of Ronaldo's dizzying footwork. grin Ando doesn't have ugly, distasteful dreads. . .hez got corn rows. Classy, T-Pain style. cool All gaynners have got serious hair issues. Ade's hair must have over 2 million lice in it by now.

debosky:

Confusion? Nah, that word was banished with Mikael (pumpkin head) Silvestre's injury today.  cheesy Big Al is the debonair, refined gentleman between the posts for the Red and White Army, not the knock off wearing Ronaldo with his man purse.  grin

Mikel isn't the only confused member of the back 4. Almunia isn't a gentleman. . .what kinda gentleman has got bleached blond hair and a dark mustache? Not normal. And, what self-respecting gentleman uses Tintin for his hair idol? You remember Tintin, right? With front hair reaching for the sky, bicycle-kick style? grin
What's wrong with a man purse anyway? AW owns 5. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ifedisky(m): 8:39pm On Apr 26, 2009
@^ Warmish banter. Can I just chip in with a quote from Wenger on today's tactics? Here goes,

On playing his captain in a more advanced role,
"Usually Fabregas plays deeper with Nasri higher. I wanted to test how it would work the other way round. It could be reiterated that we will do it again because it was quite convincing. But that is open; we have 48 hours to study that then make a decision."
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ifedisky(m): 8:50pm On Apr 26, 2009
@Christalz. Your Ronnie's "dazzling footwork" reminds me of a classic by Bob Marley, "one step forward two steps backwards" Has he ever beaten any one with those WOODEN legs?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 11:49pm On Apr 26, 2009
My Captain scored two purrfect goals kiss

did anyone see arshavin's crazy miss grin grin grin

I  hope pumpkin head is not part of the  team for scumtwats oh angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 12:14am On Apr 27, 2009
mukina2:

My Captain scored two purrfect goals kiss

did anyone see arshavin's crazy miss grin grin grin

I hope pumpkin head is not part of the team for scumtwats oh angry angry

Sadly shocked he MAY not be.
He is injured.

On the players returning from injury…
“Adebayor is just coming back from injury, Djourou as well. Djourou’s knee was not 100 per cent but he came through – I will decide that on Tuesday or Wednesday. Djourou came through the game well we will have to see how he responds tomorrow. I believe the only serious problem we have from today is Silvestre, he has a back spasm. He is a 50:50 [for Old Trafford].”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-enjoy-the-way-we-play-and-love-the-game-
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:11am On Apr 27, 2009
People seem to think I hate Ade, but he can be superb one moment and then complete dog turd the next.

One guy I'm sure dislikes the guy fully is one of my favourite Arsenal bloggers Myles Palmer. This is what he says in his views on the last game and the upcoming game.

Nasri is now a No.6 .

He reads the game well, so he's good at that job. Nasri can cover a large area, get the ball anywhere, play it from everywhere,  and get forward. He has a good engine and he's growing into a more challenging role.

Fabregas's new role off the striker means the end of the road for Adebayor. If Cesc is playing there, he won't be partnering Adebayor long-term, although he will on Wednesday.

Wenger loved how Spain played in Euro 2008 and these switches take Arsenal closer to Spain's fluid, mobile style, a game of touch and triangular teamwork.

Problem is, Arsenal don't have a striker. Spain had two phenomenal strikers. Wenger will never buy a great striker like Torres or David Villa. That means that between them Arshavin, Walcott and Bendtner will have to score as many goals for Arsenal as Torres and Gerrard do for Liverpool.

Adebayor came on as a sub against Middlesbrough. How bad was he? As bad as always. Maybe worse. Ade is a huge problem. Who will buy a donkey as expensive as him?

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1248&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42

While I don't agree with everything he says, I think he has a point. Some parts of Ade's game make me want to scream, ditto with Bendtner and even RVP. Of the lot, only Dudu fills me with long term confidence. Anyways, it's just something I've been following for a while and decided to share it with y'all.

No beef with Ade though - it's just interesting to see someone's insight on the whole situation. Even with all his talk about Ade not being good enough, I still think the near telepathic understanding between Ade and Cesc (or maybe it's that Cesc is just so good?) means that the Cesc-Ade pairing can be very productive all the same.

Myles P tends to be highly controversial in his views, but often he sees things long before they become apparent to the rest of us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 11:18am On Apr 27, 2009
@ Debosky
While I dont always agree with Myles,
a huge percentage of gooners agree that Adebayor is at times sublime and at times ridiculous.
One moment, he scores an over head kick out of nothing against Villareal cool
Next moment, he's either offside again or firing blanks from 5-6 yards out!
One confidence I have is that barring any injury,
Ade is always up for it against the Mancs
He says he wants to win the champions league(yes of course, yes of course grin)
time for Ade to put his money where his mouth is!
Ade to score at O.T once again! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 11:52am On Apr 27, 2009
Aluminia
Sagna Toure Djorou Gibbs
Song Nasri
Eboue Fab4 Diaby
Adebayor

2nd Half

Aluminia
Eboue Toure Djorou Sagna
Song Nasri
Walcott Fab4 Bartender
Dudu

I know 4 sure AW will be playing 4-5-1 hence the reason i pull up my own team selection,lately Eboue seems more creative than Sagna as the case of passes dispatched to Fab4 that lead to the goal against boro and also villa real,time and time again he gave sublime passes in the villa real game.On tking out Gibbs and putting sagna,the lil fella might just be tired when cr7 has turne him over and over again,sagna who seems stronger cld hold it down.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2009
Moonstone:

I reject it for my beautiful team,

Which one of 'em now??

Moonstone:

Enemies of progress.

Does that include my Boy A-40 too grin grin grin
I know u don't mean that
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 4:50pm On Apr 27, 2009
[flash=200,200][/flash]

I'm sure ma boys're gonna do more than shoot holes in y'all crest cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (102)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Europa League (2 - 1) On 16th August 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.