Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,829 members, 7,969,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:46 AM

My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (40991 Views)

My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! / My Sister In Law Slapped Me / My Husband And I Are Not Talking - And I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

kung fu too grin
stupid man
Lmao cheesy
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2009
luvinhubby:

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE,  slapping your wife is an outrage (never saw my dad to dothat, except to us grin), but sadly it`s an everyday  thing in Nigeria and Africa based on our orientation. Their marriage is just new and frictions like that are bound to occur like we all experienced in ours. Psychologically, it takes between 5-8 years for a couple to properly understand themselves. But the man also is dying inside but this thing about men and ego won`t allow him to take the first step towards reconciliation so the lady should be advised to take the first step, she will be surprised at his response. The issue of divorce and killing a foetus should be out the question.

Same here
that's why I condemn it with strong words
every sane person would
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Moyola(f): 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2009
Uhmmn!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

I'm done with the fight but you can carry on.
enjoy!

Bleep off nicely. . . . .
Who is fighting with you?? I am fighting the gibberish you are typing.

luvinhubby:

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE,  slapping your wife is an outrage (never saw my dad to dothat, except to us grin), but sadly it`s an everyday  thing in Nigeria and Africa based on our orientation. Their marriage is just new and frictions like that are bound to occur like we all experienced in ours. Psychologically, it takes between 5-8 years for a couple to properly understand themselves. But the man also is dying inside but this thing about men and ego won`t allow him to take the first step towards reconciliation so the lady should be advised to take the first step, she will be surprised at his response. The issue of divorce and killing a foetus should be out the question.

God Bless You.
Unfortunately, some of the women here see DIVORCE as a trophy to be celebrated.
Buncha hypocritical scumbags. . . . . .If their mothers left their fathers everytime a verbal abuse ensued in Nigeria, how many step fathers would they have copped by now??
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 8:34pm On Mar 27, 2009
LOL @ ibkaye "he went all ninja on her"  grin

I think this is a lesson to all women.  not just all women, but everyone in general.  Watch your words.  Be extremely careful with what your say or how you say it because you don't know how the person on the other end will react.

Pregnant women should be cared for, made comfortable, blah blah and all that other stuff you said - true.  But they shouldn't use their condition as an excuse to lose sight of respect.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 8:36pm On Mar 27, 2009
Yes,

That is why society is becoming duller and duller. Women are not as patient as they were before. As soon as a single misunderstanding occurs they immediately pull out the red card and ask for a divorce. What happened to endurance? For love to survive you must feed it. no one said it would be easy.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2009
tell them
C2H5OH:

Yes,

That is why society is becoming duller and duller. Women are not as patient as they were before. As soon as a single misunderstanding occurs they immediately pull out the red card and ask for a divorce. What happened to endurance? For love to survive you must feed it. no one said it would be easy.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

Ebony-silk,

Keep asking yourself what she could have said that could cause him to turn completely cold all of a sudden. It doesn't make sense and it doesn't add up. I think it's a double standard that many women automatically expect you to jump on their side or to back them as soon as they pine that their partner "hit" them. She must have pushed his button to a point where he lost control.
They both failed to control their actions. It just so happens that the husband's wrath does deserve more condemnation than his wife's, given her condition. What could so easily cause you to open that wayward mouth of yours to tell your husband that he stinks? I am trying to put two plus two together, but it's not making too much sense here.
Until she tells us what she said and how she said it, I'll still side with her.
NO MAN SHOULD SLAP HIS WIFE, PREGNANT OR NOT!!!!!!!

Guess what?
He'd be the role model for his kids.
He'd be the father for his kids or called "father" by his kids

If I ask the poster's husband these questions, what do you think his answer would be?
1. Would you want your daughter to marry a man like you?
2. Would you want your son to become like you and eventually cause a miscarriage for his wife?
3. Do you think Domestic abuse is an alternative?
4. Who da hell are you, who gave you the authority to abuse her?
5. Do you think you can restrain yourself in the future? Do yu really think so?

Why can't she tell him he stinks? Would you want your wife bring a stinking pussy to your bed?
And rem, we still don't know the method she used to tell him wink

Domestic violence is a felony, and proper judgment (man made and by God) should and WILL be processed!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Badriyyah(f): 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2009
shocked shocked

WoW, This thread has become something else.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

Yes,

No one said it would involve violence either. I wait until you people have daughters, kindly pass along this same inane advice to them too.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

LOL @ ibkaye "he went all ninja on her"  grin

I think this is a lesson to all women.  not just all women, but everyone in general.  Watch your words.  Be extremely careful with what your say or how you say it because you don't know how the person on the other end will react.

I said sooooo, but they came at me,  run your mouth and welcome a slap, as simpl as that. grin grin
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Badriyyah(f): 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

Yes,

That is why society is becoming duller and duller.  Women are not as patient as they were before.  As soon as a single misunderstanding occurs they immediately pull out the red card and ask for a divorce.  What happened to endurance?   For love to survive you must feed it.  no one said it would be easy.

lol, Women are not as patient as they were before? Or you mean women refused to be dominated  like before.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2009
Badriyyah:

lol, Women are not as patient as they were before? Or you mean women refused to be dominated like before.
Thank you jare embarassed
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2009
I'm already corresponding with the girl and know more details than you all do.
I wish her well.
No woman deserves to be hit.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2009
have a great weekend people.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 8:45pm On Mar 27, 2009
I STILL SRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THE WOMAN DID SOME TERRIBLE THINGS B/4 THE SLAP INCIDENCE, THERE WAS AN ACCUMULATION, THE SLAP WAS JUST THE CLIMAX.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 8:46pm On Mar 27, 2009
By all means ebony, go and tell your husband that he stinks.  He will worship, adore, celebrate you, and then some.   I'm finding it hard to drill into your head that words are mighty powerful, but you fail to see the impact that your words might have on others.
Depending on what she said, it might have been condescending, damaging, embarrassing, depressing.  Verbal abuse is just as detrimental as physical abuse.  Be considerate towards other people's feelings.

you can be biased in favor of the woman.  That is your choice.  I will stick to maintaining a level head by looking at both sides of the coin.

Ebony-Silk:

Until she tells us what she said and how she said it, I'll still side with her.
NO MAN SHOULD SLAP HIS WIFE, PREGNANT OR NOT!!!!!!!

Guess what?
He'd be the role model for his kids.
He'd be the father for his kids or called "father" by his kids

If I ask the poster's husband these questions, what do you think his answer would be?
1. Would you want your daughter to marry a man like you?
2. Would you want your son to become like you and eventually cause a miscarriage for his wife?
3. Do you think Domestic abuse is an alternative?
4. Who da hell are you, who gave you the authority to abuse her?
5. Do you think you can restrain yourself in the future? Do yu really think so?

Why can't she tell him he stinks? Would you want your wife bring a stinking pussy to your bed?
And rem, we still don't know the method she used to tell him wink

Domestic violence is a felony, and proper judgment (man made and by God) should and WILL be processed!

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 8:46pm On Mar 27, 2009
luvinhubby:

I STILL SRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THE WOMAN DID SOME TERRIBLE THINGS B/4 THE SLAP INCIDENCE, THERE WAS AN ACCUMULATION, THE SLAP WAS JUST THE CLIMAX.

The slap incident was the tipping balance. . . .
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

I'm already corresponding with the girl and know more details than you all do.
I wish her well.
No woman deserves to be hit.
  AMEBO!!!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 8:48pm On Mar 27, 2009
Badriyyah:

lol, Women are not as patient as they were before? Or you mean women refused to be dominated  like before.
How has the automatic divorce made you happier in your life?  You think running away from the problems that occur in your life will make them subside? No.  You will not reap some progressive rewards until you start facing them head on.  The problem that plagues your current relationship will probably hamper the next one you run into.   you can continue leaping from one relationship to another like a gazelle, or you can choose to sit your ass down and fix what is wrong with you.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 8:48pm On Mar 27, 2009
you can present a truth offensively, did she do that?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2009
luvinhubby:

AMEBO!!!

shocked
this is a pregnant woman and a family we're talking about not some random story on a cheap novel
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by LadyT(f): 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2009
Osisi can you please tell her she doesn't need to listen to the motherfuckers telling her she needs to apologise.

Could he not shout at her? Must he slap her? And while she is in a delicate position.  This is outrageous and disgusting no one should be hitting anybody.  

Respect must be mutual.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2009
No one said it would involve violence either. I wait until you people have daughters, kindly pass along this same inane advice to them too.
no man is in a relationship to becoming his wife's verbal-abuse punching bag.  you would not advise your sons to become doormats or put up with psychological abuse in the name of putting your woman on a pedestal.  no one deserves to be abused in a relationship, be it man or woman.  his action is wrong and hers is equally bad.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

How has the automatic divorce made you happier in your life?  You think running away from the problems that occur in your life will make them subside? No.  You will not reap some progressive rewards until you start facing them head on.  The problem that plagues your current relationship will probably hamper the next one you run into.   you can continue leaping from one relationship to another like a gazelle, or you can choose to sit your ass down and fix what is wrong with you.

Truer words have not been spoken. . . . . .

The mistake women make is they always seek for the perfect relationship and it takes em several years to realise there is no perfect husband.
A good marriage feeds on hard-working partners.
They should also realise verbal abuse and physical abuse all fall under the umbrella of domestic abuse.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

Well I get what you're saying but sometimes the women don't have a choice, it's either leave or get sent to an early grave especially when he has turned her into a punching bag. Either way, she'll still be away from him only by choosing to divorce him she'll be alive  lipsrsealed
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

By all means ebony, go and tell your husband that he stinks.   He will worship, adore, celebrate you, and then some.   I'm finding it hard to drill into your head that words are mighty powerful, but you fail to see the impact that your words might have on others.
Depending on what she said, it might have been condescending, damaging, embarrassing, depressing.  Verbal abuse is just as detrimental as physical abuse.  Be considerate towards other people's feelings.

you can be biased in favor of the woman.  That is your choice.  I will stick to maintaining a level head by looking at both sides of the coin.

I I told my husband he stunk,the first words out of his mouth would be

1. really?

followed by

2. Are you serious?
since he knows I'm a big joker

reacting with 2 quick slaps would be bizarre
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Truer words have not been spoken. . . . . .

The mistake women make is they always seek for the perfect relationship and it takes em several years to realise there is no perfect husband.
A good marriage feeds on hard-working partners.
They should also realise verbal abuse and physical abuse all fall under the umbrella of domestic abuse.

Do men have any responsibility in marriage at all?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2009
I feel the same way.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Thank you jare embarassed
America has flushed Africa out of Nigerian ladies, ,so the woman should now dominate a man, incredile !!!  ejikwam okwu oooo!! shocked shocked
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by MeGaStReEt: 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2009
Madam, u never realy tell us wetin happen, u just give us the healines, hw ur hussy go just slap u because u tell am make im take im bath, abeg the story kno get weight jorrr

MADAM TELL US THE TRUTH
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

I I told my husband he stunk,the first words out of his mouth would be

1. really?

followed by

2. Are you serious?
since he knows I'm a big joker

reacting with 2 quick slaps would be bizarre
That's what happens when you make assumptions.

Guess what happened to her?  It landed her two dirty slaps and a relationship in jeopardy.
People are unique.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26)

Childhood Days; Were You Bathed Like This? (photo) / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Woman Exposes Friend Who Sent Nude Photos To Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.