Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,859 members, 7,942,154 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (40878 Views)

My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! / My Sister In Law Slapped Me / My Husband And I Are Not Talking - And I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2009
STB-McCANN, one of Nigeria`s biggest marketing agency has the following words as their company slogan " TRUTH WELL TOLD". Go and shower may mean something else with a different tone. It`s not as simple as some see it.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

1 Corinthians 11:3. . . . .
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

so he has a right to slap her?
You and I have been in many family threads and you know well that I preach submission to the ridicule of other ladies on nairaland.
I believe in a woman loving and submitting but the man must love her as the Bible says.
What we have here is abuse.
That is a totally different matter.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2009
LadyT:

The level of stupidity on here right now is too much. I didnt realise Nairaland had so many potential wife beaters.
How can you not know by the rate they call women slut and abuse other people's mother?
If you value your mother, you'd respect other's mother.
If you don't value your mother, there's no way you'd value your wife.

Sometimes a=b=c.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2009
Sorry jare, that last video didn't pop up

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Sk3cNRA-Y&hl=en[/flash]
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Cristalz(f): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2009
@poster

I feel bad for you that you're married to a man that can raise his hands against his pregnant wife and keep malice for 3 days, but you brought your story to NL 'cos you want to salvage your marriage (correct me if I'm wrong).
   I'm going to roll from that point, first.

If you still want to remain married to this man, first you need to uproot thoughts like ''terminating your pregnancy'' and the like outta your head. Doesn't speak well of you as a woman and as a potential mother.
   Why kill your baby because the father acted like a jerk? Don't be vindictive. Stay calm and rational.

I know some men are lowlifes, but I doubt that the only thing that provoked him was you telling him to go take a bath. Seems there existed a good deal of tension prior to this.  .  .and neither of you had any idea how to handle this, hence the culmination in slaps and malice.
   Anywayz, if you want to save your marriage.  .  .you have to find a way to talk to him and iron things out. He is not speaking to you now, but he is not deaf.
   Apologize for your previous errors and let him know what his faults are.
   Progressively talk about every kink till you get to today's drama.
   Apologize for the harsh words you said. It doesn't mean you are weak.  .  .you are only correcting your own wrongs.
   Next, let him know that you simply can't take whatever it is he dishes out that you don't like, in a polite manner. Don't shout at him and threaten him.  .  .turns men off. Don't beg either.  .  .will encourage him to be a bully. Talk to him on an equal level, and at the same time, in a wifely manner.

Men have the ego thing, we all know. Not an excuse, but if you are looking to save your marriage you have to accommodate it this once.
   Take out your dirty laundry, wash it and spread it out, then leave the soap in his hand to wash his.
   Now any self-respecting man worth his salt will appreciate that his wife recognized and apologized for her faults, while pointing out his in a firm, polite manner. As in, not pointing it out insultingly.

Normal reaction.  .  .he will feel guilty, sulk 'cos he won't want to apologize. But you have to persevere.  .  .even if he walks out on you that day, when he returns and is rested, pick up where you left off in the same manner.
   A good man should talk to you after this, tell you what you do that he hates and apologize for his errors. Then you both, hold hands and go carefully from there.
   You both have to consider the baby.  .  .don't bring a kid into an unfriendly home. If you want to keep your marriage, that is.

If your husband fails to do the above and still treats you like the enemy, call in a 3rd party. Perhaps a family member he respects. Though I am personally against bringing 3rd parties into marriage disputes, I believe it should be done if an urgent situation calls for it.
   If they can settle you two, great. Go and sin no more.

But.  .  .if talking to him and 3rd party don't work, perhaps he doesn't want to stay married to you anymore. In that case, don't beg. Go make a life for you. Become a single mother (you won't be the first). Make a life for you and your child and ask God for spousal guidance next time.

Now, second case scenario.  .  .if you aren't really interested in saving your marriage, don't bother trying to talk to him. Who knows, might be a waste of breath anyway.
   He was a brute to hit you in your condition, no matter what you did wrong, which is actually true. But don't do anything positive about it.  .  .just terminate the pregnancy, get a divorce, get a new life , and hope someone better comes along.
   And, be careful in choosing this time around. But keep in mind that you can never really tell what a person will become after marriage. Only God knows that. So you gotta be prayerful.  .  .and be prepared to wait for however long it takes.

Wait for him to come apologize (which I doubt will happen if you were at fault as well),and if he doesn't, move out. You will have to choose between an abortion and raising a child as a single parent after getting your divorce.

My point is.  .  .just this once, if you still want your marriage, do what I first outlined up there. Let him know that if he messes up again, you are out. But you can only make that statement if you are, and remain, a good wife. So be one.

If after being blameless and your husband still treats you like a dog, then my advice would be to get out fast. Right now I don't think you are totally blameless, so give it another shot, k?

Good luck.

P.S
For those advocating she walk out and throw his ass in jail, keep in mind she came here asking for help on how to keep the marriage, going by the tone of her first post.
If she wanted to walk out she would have simply done so without consulting anybody. Let's respect the woman grin

Gosh, what an epistle! grin
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2009
davidylan:

how has Christ treated you? Slapping you around and treating you like second-rate slaves?

Well. . . . .I thunk there's a punishment if you go against his laws.
The wages of sin is DEATH, no??

Engineer96:

Men build the house while the women build homes. So it is your responsibility to build your home.
That your husband slapped you simply because you told him to take to take his bath must take into cognisance the mood he was in when you said what you said and how you said what you said. You should have done your home work properly to know these things.
From here, you can infer that your non-understanding of your husband and how you approached the issue brought about every other thing that followed.
You can resolve the problem following the same route ie know how and when to approach for apology.
Advice yourself from from the foregoing.

MINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spikedcylinder:

You don't say.

If u dunno now you know.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2009
agabaI23:

Chei okwu na uka atogbuela nwanne m nwanyi!

LOL
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

How can you not know by the rate they call women slut and abuse other people's mother?
If you value your mother, you'd respect other's mother.
If you don't value your mother, there's no way you'd value your wife.

Sometimes a=b=c.
Quit preaching to the wrong crowd, biko.  If you respected your father you ought to know better than telling him he stinks.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by LadyT(f): 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2009
luvinhubby:

STB-McCANN, one of Nigeria`s biggest marketing agency has the following words as their company slogan " TRUTH WELL TOLD". Go and shower may mean something else with a different tone. It`s not as simple as some see it.

And so?

even if she screamed it at him can he not scream back at her.  And tell her not to be so rude?

Must he dish her TWO slaps? what next a kick to the pregnant belly or will he go in for the choke hold?

Iranu on top of capital oshi
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

Quit preaching to the wrong crowd, biko.  If you respected your father you ought to know better than telling him he stinks.

right now ,you stink!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

Quit preaching to the wrong crowd, biko. If you respected your father you ought to know better than telling him he stinks.
LOL! My father!

Next!

If the man stinks, why should I be suffocated by his stankyness?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by spikedcylinder: 9:14pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

[flash=425,344]

What the freak kind of video is this?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Well. . . . .I thunk there's a punishment if you go against his laws.
The wages of sin is DEATH, no??

that's not because Christ is deliberately punishing you, its simply because you are no longer under His protection. The moment you sin and fall out of grace, you are on your own . . . dont blame God for whatever happens to you out there.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2009
LadyT:

And so?

even if she screamed it at him can he not scream back at her.  And tell her not to be so rude?

Must he dish her TWO slaps? what next a kick to the pregnant belly or will he go in for the choke hold?

Iranu on top of capital oshi

some of these men don't understand it perhaps because they've witnessed abuse growing up.
they've been taught to accept violence as a response to even simple spoken word.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2009
terminating pregnancy ke?  I didn't even realize the kind of woman we are dealing with here.  You would kill a baby because your husband swiped you? Na wa o.  Utter selfishness.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2009
didn't even bother with the clip,shows how deranged the poster is.
a cobra and a chld is supposed to be entertaining.
see how random it was
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2009
this thread is one reason i am eternally grateful to have been born male, is this what i would have had to put up with as a woman?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

so he has a right to slap her?
You and I have been in many family threads and you know well that I preach submission to the ridicule of other ladies on nairaland.
I believe in a woman loving and submitting but the man must love her as the Bible says.
What we have here is abuse.
That is a totally different matter.

Conveniently forgetting the woman struck the first blood(verbal abuse)!!!
An abuse is an abuse. Without an action, there won't be a reaction.
Do i support what the man did to a pregnant woman?? No But women should be held accountable for their actions they seem to blame on their hormones.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

[flash=425,344]

OMG!! cry cry cry cry
The father should be hung!!!
We all know the scenery is either in the middle east or west Asia where men are the "speaker" and women the "trophy".
I bet the stupid man made the daughter crawl next to a snake angry angry
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by LadyT(f): 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

see how random it was

No Osisi this is the mindset of a wifebeater.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2009
Jeez, you people are seasoning the OP's statement, there are many ways to say something, she did not say she said he 'stinks', she said that she asked him why he was going to bed without having his bath, that could mean many things e.g. he usually haves a bath before going to bed and on this particular day he did not therefore she now asked him why not, or maybe he did smell at that point in time and was asking him why he did not take his bath. This is not his DAUGHTER asking him but his WIFE, c'mon now, aren't spouses supposed to be free with each other, simple question she asked and he gave her two rounds of right hand of fellowship, can you imagine?  undecided
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 9:19pm On Mar 27, 2009
but wait a minute, why is nobody making  mention of her treat to terminate the pregnancy, if the husband is a wife beater, what does the treat make her?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

terminating pregnancy ke? I didn't even realize the kind of woman we are dealing with here. You would kill a baby because your husband swiped you? Na wa o. Utter selfishness.
He's killing the baby himself.
A depressed mother can cause harm to the baby, leading to miscarriage.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Badriyyah(f): 9:19pm On Mar 27, 2009
Stick and stones may break my bones but words can't hurt me.  grin
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2009
davidylan:

this thread is one reason i am eternally grateful to have been born male, is this what i would have had to put up with as a woman?

It's not all men.There are still many like you.
I don't want the ladies to be discouraged
but the number of deranged ones is alarmingly high.
didn't some guy start a thread on rape and how women bring it on themselves and other men agreed.
that's the sick individuals that parade the earth as humans.
make I go cook my goatmeat grin
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by LadyT(f): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2009
dellynash:

My Husband Has Not Been Talking To Me For Three Days Now Please Help Me

Hello Nairalanders, im in serious stress and i need your advice, [b]my husband slapped me twice when i was lying on bed because i asked him why he is sleeping without taking his bath, i got so angry and insulted him,  he  has not been talking to me for three days now.I over reacted and said some unpleasant things to him cos i never expected him to ever slap me as he use to say when  we were dating that he can never lay his finger on a woman, what annoys me most is that  im pregnant and i don't expect him to slap me in this condition. Now he will not give me food money, he will not talk to me he sleeps and turns his back on me, i feel like telling him im sorry but something tells me not to, he has a very stiff heart, i think of terminating the pregnancy and quiting the marriage, he has a tough heart and im afraid i may not be able to live the rest of my life with him, he is not willing to apologise for slapping me please Nairalanders help me handle this matter.[/b]

For the people who cant read!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by spikedcylinder: 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

see how random it was

Exactly. Whats the relevance of the video with this thread?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2009
davidylan:

that's not because Christ is deliberately punishing you, its simply because you are no longer under His protection. The moment you sin and fall out of grace, you are on your own . . . dont blame God for whatever happens to you out there.

On my own?? God knows about everything(evil or good) that happens to anyone.
He  allows it to draw the ears of men. . . . .The case of Job should be a good example.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by LadyT(f): 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2009
She insulted him AFTER she got slapped!

angry
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2009
Stop playing the gender card, ebony.  I see the legs of a woman in that video.  The responsibility does not fall solely on the man's shoulders.
Mind you, when something/someone is being abused, never overlook it.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2009
ibkaye:

Jeez, you people are seasoning the OP's statement, there are many ways to say something, s[b]he did not say she said he 'stinks', she said that she asked him why he was going to bed without having his bath, that could mean many things e.g.[/b] he usually haves a bath before going to bed and on this particular day he did not therefore she now asked him why not, or maybe he did smell at that point in time and was asking him why he did not take his bath. This is not his DAUGHTER asking him but his WIFE, c'mon now, aren't spouses supposed to be free with each other, simple question she asked and he gave her two rounds of right hand of fellowship, can you imagine? undecided
Acid, you reading this?
So basically, your point abt the way she told him is not baseless.
If what the poster said was indeed what happened
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by invisible2(m): 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2009
The real cause of broken homes and heartaches in marriage is when women start to think they are men, to have equal rights and question all actions of their husband with little regard for how he feels at the moment.

Even pregnant women ought to have controls over what they say. The husband has not even told this woman what has been eating him up these past three days and the woman wont care to apologize and find out why he hit her for the first time. All she cares for is the slap and her pregnant status! Is that the excuse she has for an abusive mouth?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26)

Childhood Days; Were You Bathed Like This? (photo) / Woman Accuses Justice Olamide Oloyede Of Snatching Her Husband (Snapshots) / Nigerian Lady Gets A Job After Asking Her Late Sister For Help In A Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.