Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,109 members, 7,939,476 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (40871 Views)

My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! / My Sister In Law Slapped Me / My Husband And I Are Not Talking - And I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 8:09pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

assuming I was raised by a single mother,is that a crime ?
Wouldn't it have been better Iya Sauron had the nerve to leave than subject you to years of psychological and mental torture
see how you turned out ?

U were raised by a slut of a single woman. . . . .The slut flavour in it makes it a crime.
Look how you turned out?? Your mates are at home tending to their kids and keeping the house clean.
You are online as a mother constituting a nuisance to all and sundry. An act known to teenagers who are still sowing their wild oats.
If you were raised in a proper home rather than moving from pad to pad, you woulda turned out to be an ideal woman.
You are a poor example to all the married women out there. . . . . .SHAME on you.

**osisi:

keep on with your childish rants ode rather than submit yourself to serious therapy.
anu mpam

Typical!!!
When she gets battered, she resorts to her irritating dialect as if i care.
Clean up your acts. . . . .Divorce should be the last option. Stop advising women like you to leave their husbands when you are staying with yours.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by agabaI23(m): 8:09pm On Mar 27, 2009
Sorry
I meant to say preparing not praparing
diarrhoea not dirrhoea

No edit button anymore
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

Poster,

I think you are feeling guilty inside you because you know you overstepped some boundaries. You must have said something out of line that caused your man to emotionally raise his hand to strike you across the face. I am not justifying his behavior but I do pray that you learn to control your mouth next time. Give him time to calm down, he'll be back.
Even though she overstepped, of what right does her husband have to physically abuse her? With a growing fetus?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Outstrip(f): 8:10pm On Mar 27, 2009
Sweet T:

@Outstrip

Are those two things on your profile for real or just transplanted??

@Poster

I'm so sorry for your pains but this is reality of what most marriages are like. They wine and dine you during dating period, they promise to turn Kilamanjaro to pacific ocean only for you to say yes. how long have you been married? It is really sad that your hubby turned to slaps just for asking him to take a shower, what would he have done if you refuse to prepare dinner ?? This is definitely not a good sign of a happy home to be but life requires tacts and wisdom. If this is the first time he laid his hands on you, make sure that you work on it being the last time. Find a memeber of his family that your husband respect and tell him what happened. I'm a firm believer that a man that lay his hands on his wife once, he's capable of worst kind of violence. Take it easy, it's not the end of the world. If he is not talking to you, i'm sure you can get a respected member of his family to talk to him and let him no how hurt you are. Please take care of your pregnancy and your body. Your husband will regret his actions only if you tote the faithful path. But the violence has to stop, next time he attempts it remind him that he did not promise you violence before he married you. Goodluck sweetheart and may God bless you.

But should it be accepted. Should we say that most nigerian marriages are like that and leave it that way. More and more older nigerians are divorcing. This is shameful. They are divorcing after their children have even grown up and married themselves. The church is asleep while all this is happening. I have said it before and will saying again. Just because a woman is in a marriage where the man beats her does not mean it is not broken. That relationship is already broken. I stand by my comments that it is better to leave a marriage than expose your children to this sort of evil. They will carry it on to the next generations. These are the kinds of things that need to be broken. You cannot use culture to deny yourself the things that God has promised you like peace and joy. A woman should look at her husband and know that no matter what he is her supporter. To lose that feeling for your husband is the death of a marriage

Wow I can see the true colors coming out. He called Osisi a slut. Why does that not surprise me. I already knew who you were. Shame on you. You think being born with a penis makes you a man?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 8:11pm On Mar 27, 2009
Ebony, it`s a shame that the comparison is between women and goats, character wise !.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2009
I think this thread shld be an eye-opener to all women out there - if you want a fulfilling marriage that will be filled with joy and laughter, take your precious time to select who you marry prayerfully, carefully and with plenty of help from friends and family. they will see the little habits you would ordinarily gloss over. Do not marry a man you havent dated (i dont mean long distance) for at least 1 yr . . .

if he slaps you tomorrow you only have urself to blame. And yeah women can behave much worse than agaba's poor goat.  grin At least the goat couldnt nag.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

U were raised by a slut of a single woman. . . . .The slut flavour in it makes it a crime.
Look how you turned out?? Your mates are at home tending to their kids and keeping the house clean.
You are online as a mother constituting a nuisance to all and sundry. An act known to teenagers who are still sowing their wild oats.
If you were raised in a proper home rather than moving from pad to pad, you woulda turned out to be an ideal woman.
You are a poor example to all the married women out there. . . . . .SHAME on you.

Typical!!!
When she gets battered, she resorts to her irritating dialect as if i care.
Clean up your acts. . . . .Divorce should be the last option. Stop advising women like you to leave their husbands when you are staying with yours.

agbero.
The kids are at school cool
did you read my post?
A woman slapped and the husband refuses to give her feeding money while pregnant and asking her to go to her parents is a wrong advise?
Woe betide the woman hat ends up with your lazy,fagotty behind
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Even though she overstepped, of what right does her husband have to physically abuse her? With a growing fetus?

Shit happens.  Men have this really humongous ego and are very prideful.  Human being make mistakes.  We don't have total control over our emotions.  When your ever-loving man just suddenly bashes you across the face -- something he wouldn't normally do -- you must have done/said something really hurtful to push that monster out of him.

It's been three days and he's still not talking to her.  It must have been awful.  She needs to come out here to tell the complete story.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by SweetT1: 8:14pm On Mar 27, 2009
Outstrip:

But should it be accepted. Should we say that most nigerian marriages are like that and leave it that way. More and more older nigerians are divorcing. This is shameful. They are divorcing after their children have even grown up and married themselves. The church is asleep while all this is happening. I have said it before and will saying again. Just because a woman is in a marriage where the man beats her does not mean it is not broken. That relationship is already broken. I stand by my comments that it is better to leave a marriage than expose your children to this sort of evil. They will carry it on to the next generations. These are the kinds of things that need to be broken. You cannot use culture to deny yourself the things that God has promised you like peace and joy. A woman should look at her husband and know that no matter what he is her supporter. To lose that feeling for your husband is the death of a marriage

Wow I can see the true colors coming out. He called Osisi a slut. Why does that not surprise me. I already knew who you were. Shame on you. You think being born with a penis makes you a man?

Have you been drinking ?? I never called anyone a slut. I just asked if your poster was the real thing or modernized.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:15pm On Mar 27, 2009
davidylan:

I think this thread shld be an eye-opener to all women out there - if you want a fulfilling marriage that will be filled with joy and laughter, take your precious time to select who you marry prayerfully, carefully and with plenty of help from friends and family. they will see the little habits you would ordinarily gloss over. Do not marry a man you havent dated (i dont mean long distance) for at least 1 yr . . .

if he slaps you tomorrow you only have urself to blame. And yeah women can behave much worse than agaba's poor goat.  grin At least the goat couldnt nag.

Amen

May God bless you and all men like you.
May your lineage live on forever and remain blessed beyond measure.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 8:16pm On Mar 27, 2009
If she thinks she can get away with running her mouth like an ignorant parrot just because the man said he would never "lay a finger on any woman", she thought wrong.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by myspace(m): 8:18pm On Mar 27, 2009
viclee009:

accept my sympathy. i will give you this advice from a man's propective.
first telling your husband that he stinks was absolutely wrong on your part. there are ways to tell your huaband to take a shower. it's not what you said, but how you said it.
My friends girl friend once told him one day that they won't eat  dinner until he honor her by joining her in the shower. they both went and took shower together and ended up having a w i l d time at the bathroom. it might have turned into a fiansco had she used your approach.
also when you are pregnant, your sense of smell heightened as well as other sensory perception.
Your Pride does not justiy killing an innocent child, a blessing from God to solve your marriage problem.
My dear lady. apologise to your husband. forget the modernism and ill advised philosophy of our decaying era of so called sexual equallity. Your ability to resolve personal differences determine the kind of family you will eventually have.
Your pride and dignity comes from your husband. the day you married him was the day you lay down your pride and dignity on his feet. remember this;

"When you think to take determination of your fate into your own hands, that is the moment you can be crushed. Be cautious. Allow for surprises. When we create, there are always other forces at work".

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

he was wrong in slapping you on the other hand. please freedom from marriage to him will only lead you into the wrong hands. Be well adviced.

True Words of Wisdom. All Other responses to this topic should be regarded as Spam.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 8:18pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

agbero.
The kids are at school cool

And that is a reason for being an idiot on a forum??
Lord of Mercy!!!

did you read my post?

It's watery, tasteless and thoughtless.

A woman slapped and the husband refuses to give her feeding money while pregnant and asking her to go to her parents is a wrong advise?
Woe betide the woman hat ends up with your lazy,fagotty behind

And as educated as you are(I am assuming), you think it is normal for a man to wake up and slap his wife just like that?
There's no smoke without fire. This is not the true story. If the husband comes here and gobs his own side of the story, you would think differently.
I don't support what the husband has done but if apologising will make this woman HAPPY, let her apologise.
Joy betide the woman that ends up with me. . . . .Woe betide your other half. . . .I can see the signs already.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:19pm On Mar 27, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Why do you ppl continue to respond to luvinghubby?
All this retarded ppl sef

Sauron is no 1
I know many of you are friends with him and afraid to tell him off because of his transgendered tongue.
I ain't
What a sorry excuse of a man.
someone's got to tell him to put a tape across those his kpomo lips.
when men are called,that one will carry his okporoko legs comot
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 8:19pm On Mar 27, 2009
How can you hti a pregnant woman  undecided  That ain't right
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

And that is a reason for being an idiot on a forum??
Lord of Mercy!!!

It's watery, tasteless and thoughtless.

And as educated as you are(I am assuming), you think it is normal for a man to wake up and slap his wife just like that?
There's no smoke without fire. This is not the true story. If the husband comes here and gobs his own side of the story, you would think differently.
I don't support what the husband has done but if apologising will make this woman HAPPY, let her apologise.
Joy betide the woman that ends up with me. . . . .Woe betide your other half. . . .I can see the signs already.

Need I say more?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2009
cool cool
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2009
OH wow she said he stinks? God why would she say such a horrible thing to her husband
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

Sauron is no 1
I know many of you are friends with him and afraid to tell him off because of his transgendered tongue.
I ain't

A fool at 40 is a fool forever. . . . .

What a sorry excuse of a man.

U are a sorry excuse of all married women.

someone's got to tell him to put a tape across those his kpomo lips.
when men are called,that one will carry his okporoko legs comot

Some should drill it in your wax-filled ears that you are brainless.
Your input on marriage issues is nothing to write home about.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2009

The man is just as "normal" as you are since you are an abuser yourself.
You have witnessed so much abuse in your own lifetme that your idea of hapiness is skewed.
You need help yourself,how on earth could you help a woman abused?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2009
lmao @osisi grin

C2H5OH:

Shit happens. Men have this really humongous ego and are very prideful. Human being make mistakes. We don't have total control over our emotions. When your ever-loving man just suddenly bashes you across the face -- something he wouldn't normally do -- you must have done/said something really hurtful to push that monster out of him.

It's been three days and he's still not talking to her. It must have been awful. She needs to come out here to tell the complete story.
One thing you said rightwas : We don't have total control over our emotions.
However, we do have control over our actions.
If a man is not willing to control his actions by not physically harming his wife, then what control doe she have?
Okay, let's put this in the wife's perceptive. What could she have said, to a man so gentle to her before, that could have unleashed his bestiality?
"Oh darling, could you please take a bath before you come to bed?".
Pregnant women should be cared for, they need to be seen to and made sure that they're comfortable. If she's depressed and emotionally unstable, it could affect the baby.
Do you men ever think about that? Do you?

We often make mistakes sometimes, and afterwards we apologize.
She shouldn't be the one to apologize, he should be begging her to forgive him right after he slapped her.

And FYI, if he doesn't want his pride/ego to be in jeopardy, then he should have taken his stank sef to the shower and taken a frigging bath. Pregnant women have strong sense of smell, he should have taken that into consideration before hopping his funky self into her bed.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

I'm a fool forever. . . . .

na you talk am
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

OH wow she said he stinks? God why would she say such a horrible thing to her husband
Not in so many words, apparently she only asked him why he had not taken his bath before sleeping and that's when he went all ninja on her.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 8:25pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

The man is just as "normal" as you are since you are an abuser yourself.
You have witnessed so much abuse in your own lifetme that your idea of hapiness is skewed.
You need help yourself,how on earth could you help a woman abused?

And i still insist you are a retard. . . . .a resident retard if i may add.
Look who's talking about abuse when all you have encountered all your life is your kinsmen kidnapping people and EATing them.
That alone musta been responsible for your screwed moral compass.
What a tyke!!!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

Maybe it wasn't his first time stinking up the house.
Maybe she got fed up with it, couldn't take it anymore and said something
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:26pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

And i still insist you are a retard. . . . .a resident retard if i may add.
Look who's talking about abuse when all you have encountered all your life is your kinsmen kidnapping people and EATing them.
That alone musta been responsible for your screwed moral compass.
What a tyke!!!

you see why I called you a transgendered?
stick to the topic of the thread.
abuse
geddit?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:27pm On Mar 27, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Maybe it wasn't his first time stinking up the house.
Maybe she got fed up with it, couldn't take it anymore and said something

Poor woman must have been holdng her breathe until she was about to pass out on her matrimonial bed grin
\I don't blame her
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 8:28pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

you see why I called you a transgendered?
stick to the topic of the thread.
abuse
geddit?

Osisi, we are all products of our immediate environment.
I have wondered several times why you act the idiotic way you do and the answer is simple. . . . .Your upbringing had flaws!!!
Until u explain to me why DIVORCE is your 'escape', i will continue to see you as a leprechaun.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:29pm On Mar 27, 2009
ibkaye:

Not in so many words, apparently she only asked him why he had not taken his bath before sleeping and that's when he went all ninja on her.

kung fu too grin
stupid man
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 8:29pm On Mar 27, 2009
SERIOUSLY PEOPLE,  slapping your wife is an outrage (never saw my dad to dothat, except to us grin), but sadly it`s an everyday  thing in Nigeria and Africa based on our orientation. Their marriage is just new and frictions like that are bound to occur like we all experienced in ours. Psychologically, it takes between 5-8 years for a couple to properly understand themselves. But the man also is dying inside but this thing about men and ego won`t allow him to take the first step towards reconciliation so the lady should be advised to take the first step, she will be surprised at his response. The issue of divorce and killing a foetus should be out the question.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:29pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Osisi, we are all products of our immediate environment.
I have wondered several times why you act the idiotic way you do and the answer is simple. . . . .Your upbringing had flaws!!!
Until u explain to me why DIVORCE is your 'escape', i will continue to see you as a leprechaun.

I'm done with the fight but you can carry on.
enjoy!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 8:30pm On Mar 27, 2009
Ebony-silk,

Keep asking yourself what she could have said that could cause him to turn completely cold all of a sudden.  It doesn't make sense and it doesn't add up.  I think it's a double standard that many women automatically expect you to jump on their side or to back them as soon as they pine that their partner "hit" them.  She must have pushed his button to a point where he lost control.
They both failed to control their actions.  It just so happens that the husband's wrath does deserve more condemnation than his wife's, given her condition.  What could so easily cause you to open that wayward mouth of yours to tell your husband that he stinks?  I am trying to put two plus two together, but it's not making too much sense here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26)

Childhood Days; Were You Bathed Like This? (photo) / Woman Accuses Justice Olamide Oloyede Of Snatching Her Husband (Snapshots) / Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.