Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,404 members, 7,891,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:01 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (332812 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by YorubaOmoge: 7:35am On Jul 20, 2012
Thursday:

Breakfast :

12oz cup of green tea, 3 tspoon of sugar
A slice of honey wheat bread

Only because I was rushing out.

Lunch:

A beef sandwich made of 2 tspoon spread of mayonnaise , 2 honey wheat bread, and 3 slices of thinly cut beef.
2 bottles of water

Dinner
Beans and spicy sauce.
12 oz Cup of green tea

Exercise:

45 mins bike ride (Work to home, I stopped driving/catching the bus)
25 mins jogging

Mehn, I almost fell off my bike from lack of energy yesterday, barely ate anything for breakfast. I didn't want to buy those high calories campus food.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by YorubaOmoge: 7:39am On Jul 20, 2012
I should say I am a green tea lover, even drinking a glass now.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by kandiikane(m): 9:11am On Jul 20, 2012
Breakfast:
10am: Half a baguette(the long one) with butter or nutella-
Can of coke or minted OPTIONS hot chocolate with a dullup of carnation milk

Lunch:

4/6pm: A big bowl of african meal-cassava leaves, okra soup, groundnut soup, oil stew, palmoil stew or potato leaves etc

Snack:
9pm
Open fridge, look around, cries and closes fridge

11pm:
The other half of the baguette with hot chocolate

Dinner:

4am: another bowl of african meal

5/6am: play some afrobeats to dance to so to quickly burn off the calories.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2012
Hi yall,

Insanity has been insanely intense, but I stuck with it regardless. I have completed 8 days thus far. Unfortunately, I have a terrible case of shin splints, I have tried to continue with it, but the pain is too much to bear. My doctor advised me to take a two week break from any strenuous exercises, else I'll hurt myself more and I might require surgery. Two weeks? that's a terribly long time oooo sad I was already loving the way insanity made me feel. The isht is MAD ---- sweat dripping all over my living room floor when I'm done. I will take the Doctor's advice and take it easy -- wont be doing any exercises that exert stress on my legs.

This is not the kind of update I would have loved to give sad
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by YorubaOmoge: 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2012
Breakfast:

2 cheese danish and Very berry Hibiscus drink @ Starbucks.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by YorubaOmoge: 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2012
@Kandii

If I should kash your size -5 here again cheesy
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2012
Echala: Hi yall,

Insanity has been insanely intense, but I stuck with it regardless. I have completed 8 days thus far. Unfortunately, I have a terrible case of shin splints, I have tried to continue with it, but the pain is too much to bear. My doctor advised me to take a two week break from any strenuous exercises, else I'll hurt myself more and I might require surgery. Two weeks? that's a terribly long time oooo sad I was already loving the way insanity made me feel. The isht is MAD ---- sweat dripping all over my living room floor when I'm done. I will take the Doctor's advice and take it easy -- wont be doing any exercises that exert stress on my legs.

This is not the kind of update I would have loved to give sad

@Echala: nevermind, though glad to hear you stuck with Insanity for as long as you did. Shame about the split shin, but it's wise to listen to your body and go with the doctors orders! The 2 weeks will pass. You might have to do a modified version of the workouts to avoid it happening again...
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2012
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE..

@Yoruba omoge....thanks, we are trying the result of 9 months exercise....i still dey vex because it is not as fast as i would have loved it, but it is working at it's own pace. You need to increase your food intake a little bit, because that food you ate on thursday is too little, that is why you were weak. you need carbohydrates for energy.

@Kandikane...i envy you oooo, only you, cassava leaf, okro soup, and so on. na you biko...grin

@Eschala...eeeyah...i wish you a quick recovery, i am thinking of doing that insanity too, maybe i should challenge myself even more...going to get the dvd today!!!!woohooo....!!!!!!!

@HG...still waiting for that secret.....patiently waiting..wink wink

@babs2011, nonnyp, modath, uche, mightlove (where is she gan sef?)
who did i leave out.....have a lovely weekend.....

Ohhh!!!!! logs for yesterday, 35 minutes kickboxing combat, i can't remeber the name of the trainer that lady is a killer, my whole waist is sore. did enough muscle building this week, i am burning everything off next week BGG...take care guys and be good.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2012
kandiikane: Breakfast:
10am: Half a baguette(the long one) with butter or nutella-
Can of coke or minted OPTIONS hot chocolate with a dullup of carnation milk

Lunch:

4/6pm: A big bowl of african meal-cassava leaves, okra soup, groundnut soup, oil stew, palmoil stew or potato leaves etc

Snack:
9pm
Open fridge, look around, cries and closes fridge

11pm:
The other half of the baguette with hot chocolate

Dinner:

4am: another bowl of african meal

5/6am: play some afrobeats to dance to so to quickly burn off the calories.

I see you are watching your weight. It shows pretty good

2 Likes

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 7:31pm On Jul 20, 2012
Wishing you a good weekend everyone! smiley

@Ronky- you're buzzing girl, Insanity! Wow now you and Echala can form an 'Insanity!' club. I might be tempted to join sef. How much do they sell it over your end cos I heard it is rather expensive. way to go sha, your target must be in sight real soon. Well done.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by simababe(f): 9:08pm On Jul 20, 2012
DAY 5
20/7/12
Mornin no exercise
Brkfast
Notyn

Aftanun: 20mins walk
Lunch: Non

Evenin: 250 skips
Dinner: apple 70calories, nutri C two servings 60cal, rice 200g = 200cals, moimoi= 100cals, half chicken= 100cals
Total calories = 530 calories

Water=2.4litres
Pls I hope I'm doing this right. U guyz re not replying me n I'm feeling odd here.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
babs2011: Wishing you a good weekend everyone! smiley

@Ronky- you're buzzing girl, Insanity! Wow now you and Echala can form an 'Insanity!' club. I might be tempted to join sef. How much do they sell it over your end cos I heard it is rather expensive. way to go sha, your target must be in sight real soon. Well done.

My dear... i don't know oooo, by the time i try it once and it is killing me, i will run, grin grin it should not be more than 10 dollars max....(i think).
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 5:17am On Jul 21, 2012
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:47am On Jul 21, 2012
@simibabe, I cannot really remember any of your post apart from the last one. Anyway as the last post outlined, 530cals is too little for a day no matter your weight. You need at least 1,200cals for a female daily. If you take too little cals within a day, you will be loosing but in a very unhealthy way and if you cannot maintain it you will add the fat back faster than you lost it.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:59am On Jul 21, 2012
Hi all,

was back in town yesterday night and was too tired for comfort. Anyways the retreat was nice characterized by 'overeating', however I decided to do that I cannot explain, (no be free food o). Anyways am back to the comfort of my home and am happy with it.
Weighed in this morning at 76.9kg, very little difference but am really happy to enter the 76 range. Its a good feeling. I seems to feeling this loss on my wrist and elbows, I know something is very different in those two places, till early August before the measuring again.

Nice weekend to y'all
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by kandiikane(m): 9:03am On Jul 21, 2012
Yoruba_Omoge: @Kandii

If I should kash your size -5 here again cheesy

ronkebp: GOOD MORNING EVERYONE..

@Kandikane...i envy you oooo, only you, cassava leaf, okro soup, and so on. na you biko...grin

lool grin grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2012
hey all,
i have soooo much to catch up on. I have been away for a while. Welcome to all newbies, congrats to all who have lost some weight, ronke, HG and co
welcome to those who have been away for a while uche, modath.......
I was only able able to do 60 minutes out of the 200 minutes target i set for myself.
This week i did 90 minutes of the 200 minutes. Hoping next week will be better. I have to modify whatever i do now cos i am about 7 weeks gone now and nausea, fatique etc is getting the better. Eating is no longer interesting and as a result, i hardly have the energy to exercise. I am praying and hoping that i'll feel much better soon so that i can exercise the way i want to.
Have a good weekend all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
welcome migtlove..
brkfast: noodles cookd wit egg,pepper n tomatoes
lunch:pancake and chiken
dinner: chiken pepper soup n bread wit pieces of potato n i drank some milk(low fat)
exercise: 15 mins or more on treadmill, 5 mins on stationaary bike. weight lifting:3kg two of dem. chest,back,bum ,thigh,triceps,tricep dip, situp,biceps exercises wat did i nt do 2dae. yeah n wen i used dose macines i carried 20kg. i even did dat holahoop stuff were u kip d hoop frm falling usin ur waist.
funny tin is i dnt even feel much pain
@hourglass come n tell me if im doin dis rite oh. i want 2 build my muscles so i can rest dis diet n weight loss tin is nt easy sef. i stil av bout 7kg 2 lose b4 september. i jus tire
gals join us in weigtlifting oh i read it helps u burn more calories even wen ur resting n gives u beta physique
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2012
mightlove:

I have to modify whatever i do now cos i am about 7 weeks gone now

I don't get that part of the story ML tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
taitee:
@hourglass come n tell me if im doin dis rite oh. i want 2 build my muscles so i can rest dis diet n weight loss tin is nt easy sef.

Of course, you're doing very good and perfect. I will only advice you not to make yanga at the gym o, if there is a trainer listen as if you are 'mumu', do not prove to know anything, that way you learn better and faster. Adhere to everything they tell you even when it looks stupid, as long as it is not harmful/dangerous. You will be challenging everyone at the gym soon, let them increase your weight when they feel right, just don't rush. Meanwhile whatever nonsense exercise you wish to do, try do it at home,e.g. carry higher weights, run faster and longer, skip ropes longer etc. You loose weight for yourself and for no one.

One of the major challenges in the use of a gym is be looking at others (the reason why I go at the quiet hours). I love being alone and do my thing and gerrout. I don't even join aerobic classes cos of too much people. In my base, the heavy-laden women have turned it into a semi-club and they talk about their hussy's businesses and make calls with their expensive phone and advertise their golds to themselves (the sore my eye witnessed one day I went late). It distracted me, and I decided to not ever go late again, or else am not going at all. In essence Taitee, be focused and know what you want.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by simababe(f): 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
Hour_Glass: @simibabe, I cannot really remember any of your post apart from the last one. Anyway as the last post outlined, 530cals is too little for a day no matter your weight. You need at least 1,200cals for a female daily. If you take too little cals within a day, you will be loosing but in a very unhealthy way and if you cannot maintain it you will add the fat back faster than you lost it.

Its just dat I placed my sef on 900cal a day and since we are presently on 21dayz fastin at my church I can't consume 900 calories at night. Pls I just started a week ago, av done it in d past but I alwaz end up backin out buh I seriozly need it now 4 mysef.

DAY 6
21/7/12
Mornin: fasting
Brkfast; 30mins walk, 50 situps

Aftanun: non
Lunch: non

Evenin 320skips
Dinner: rice 150g= 150cal, stew: 180cal, egg= 70cal, maltaguines= 67kcal
Total 467calories, not sure of d malt

I wil try to eat gala and biscuit to make up for xtra 200cal to meet up
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2012
I really cannot remember all for the last two days right now

Today Food Logs

7:30am - 1.5cups cornflakes + 2 tbsp milk + 1 cube sugar

11:00am - 4 "baba blue" sweets (caught the flu already)

1:00pm - a handful of sugared peanuts

3:00pm - 1 slice bread + 1 tsp of butter

5:00pm - 1 fist sized poundy with lots of efo riro

[s]I will take a little more veggie right now[/s]. I dint take it again

Exercise - Nil (My head is just heavy with the flu despite my laziness this week)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by simababe(f): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
Hour_Glass: @simibabe, I cannot really remember any of your post apart from the last one. Anyway as the last post outlined, 530cals is too little for a day no matter your weight. You need at least 1,200cals for a female daily. If you take too little cals within a day, you will be loosing but in a very unhealthy way and if you cannot maintain it you will add the fat back faster than you lost it.

Its just dat I placed my sef on 900cal a day and since we are presently on 21dayz fastin at my church I can't consume 900 calories at night. Pls I just started a week ago, av done it in d past but I alwaz end up backin out buh I seriozly need it now 4 mysef.

DAY 6
21/7/12
Mornin: fasting
Brkfast; 30mins walk, 50 situps
Evenin 320skips
Dinner: rice 150g= 150cal, stew: 180cal, egg= 70cal, maltaguines= 67kcal

I wil try to eat gala and biscuit to make up for xtra 200cal to meet up
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
simababe:

Dinner: rice 150g= 150cal, stew: 180cal, egg= 70cal, malta guines= 67kcal

I will try to eat gala and biscuit to make up for xtra 200cal to meet up

Simababe, well done on the fasting stuff (may our prayers be answered), try to eat as much as you can sha so that you are strong enough for your exercises. You will definitely loose weight after the stuff but trust me, the moment you resume eating, it will add up but it can be controlled too.

On your calorie counts, I really need you to be very accurate so that you will not do too much harm to your body. 150g or white rice is 195cals not 150cals. The stew, I wouldn't know what is involved in it (red oil, olive, canola, they all have diff cals) and certainly malta guiness is never 67cals, gala is more than 200 cals if my calculation is correct, check the wrapper. I will advice you to eat healthy, enjoy yourself, and loose it exercising.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:12am On Jul 22, 2012
Happy New Week to you all, wishing all a nice, healthy week ahead. I hope 'we' will make the best choices for ourselves this week. Let's all be willing and ready to go the extra mile in order to get what we want. Happy New Week
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 10:00am On Jul 22, 2012
@HG:oh sorry, i was not explicit enough. I mean i am 7wks pregnant and have to hold on on the weightloss and also have to modify whatever i do. I intend to keep being active though.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2012
@HG:oh sorry, i was not explicit enough. I mean i am 7wks pregnant and have to hold on on the weightloss and also have to modify whatever i do. I intend to keep up the fitness routine though, which i have been doing.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2012
mightlove: @HG:oh sorry, i was not explicit enough. I mean i am 7wks pregnant and have to hold on on the weightloss and also have to modify whatever i do. I intend to keep up the fitness routine though, which i have been doing.

wow,wow,wow, you wait, you mean there is a bump? Congratulobia my sister, wishing you a healthy 9 months to you. I hope you can browse to know more about exercising and preggies. We don't want a sack of garri here after nine months o, lol. All is well my sister.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by kandiikane(m): 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2012
Hour_Glass:

I don't get that part of the story ML tongue

Maybe preggers? tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2012
@ mightlove, congratulations o. lemme start tinking of A name for d child cos in yoruba culture almost evry1 wants 2 name a newborn lol. @ hg tanks a lot. i dnt av a personal trainer i jus read stuffs online den go n practise.my gym isnt crowded. i go in d mornings n i meet maybe jus 2 or 3 ppl or so depending n d pple ere(russians) jus mind dier bizness cos im usually d only black. its gud 2 know im doin well though.
@ sima babe welcome. dats my official welcome. jus eat healty but do not starve urself. d fasting will help for nw den wen ur done we cud help u wit ur eatin logs.
@ echala insanity workout was worth its while(consoling u)
ronke, babs,agaba,ileke idi,kandiikane, nonny p. i hail oh. i pray we kip up d gud work dis wk.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2012
@HG: lol, dont worry, i have done so much research and am ready to take on the challenge of exercising pregnant. Infact i purchased a prenatal dvd that came in 4 parts (1st, 2nd, 3rd trimesters and post natal bootcamp) just to mix things up so i dont get bored.the all have cardio/toning and a yoga. I intend to use my elliptical religiously for its low impact. I also intend to do lots of strength training with my heavy dumbells so i dont lose the muscles i have worked so hard to build. So help me God. I still maintain my goal of 200 fitness minutes weekly for now, that is if i have the strength as i am soooo weak these days. Looking forward to the 2nd trimester when i'll be myself again.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:20pm On Jul 22, 2012
Food Logs for today

BF - 2 slices of yam + 2 scrambled eggs + 1 mug beverage

1:30pm - 1 slice yam

3:30pm - 1.5 cups boiled rice + stew/ponmon + 3 slices plantain + 1 50cl coke

5:00pm - 1 handful coated peanuts

9:00pm - 1 leveled serving spoon rice + 1 cup efo riro

Still with the flu, its always worse at night. I will be fine

@ML, I am so happy for you and also the determination to do it right. WTG

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.