Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,254 members, 7,880,943 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:41 AM

Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. (50877 Views)

Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd / PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo / DasukiGate: We Won’t Release Metuh, Until He Returns N400m — EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by afanide: 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
dearpreye:
Anyone supporting PMB's direct insult and disregard for the third arm of government is foolish and an enemy of the state. If the constitution of the land is supreme then everyone within its boundaries must obey it, including the President of the nation. If the president cannot uphold the laws of the land, then the same Presidency has no right to demand that the masses obey the laws of the land.

Whether or not the article is coming from Washington isn't important. But it's important is that since the zombies are more ran willing to defend the high handedness of their master, then it behoves on every other person to call their bluff.

The laws claim all accused are innocent till proven otherwise before a competent court of law. Is PMB insinuating our courts aren't competent? And then the court set a man free but the zombies boss won't allow the man to walk free. Isn't that an invitation to chaos and anarchy? Is democracy too advanced for the black man? Why do we have a constitution?

So you are among those calling Nigeria a Zoo?

From 2day I seize to follow you. No offense please!
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by nduchucks: 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
Not surprised at all. All the current shenanigans called fight against corruption will lead to nowhere. For instance, since the commencement of the so called fight against corruption, the collection of #50 by police officers on the road has not reduced one bit. If anything, it's getting worse. Buhari is just fighting his political enemies. Nothing has changed.

#Truth

You should be ashamed of yourself for this nonsensical post. We are talking about thieves who looted billions and you are here talking about #50 collected by some corrupt policemen.

Dasuki and his accomplices are not only Buhari's enemies but enemies of Nigerians. We are 100% behind Buhari in his fight against you people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Zico5(m): 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
excellence44:
WHY WOULD HE OBEY COURT ORDER WHEN HE SAID JUDGES ARE CORRUPT?

" Dasuki is accused, among other things, of diverting $2.2 billion
meant to buy arms to fight the Boko Haram Islamic uprising.
Three courts have ordered his release on bail."

2019 is just by the corner.
2019? I laugh at u,never again should we experience pdp calamity. We all support buhari on this and if not those who re with him re more than against him.
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Analysiscorner: 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
ibnakeem:

Pls sir, can you tell us what the offenses of Uwazuruke and Asari Dokubo were when they were both detained by the Obasanjo led government. It happened within the last 16 years of Democracy. Or has Charles Okah been freed for the crime of his brother Henry Okah?
Charles Orka is not being held for the sins of his brother.
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by sonnie10: 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
I wonder why people are surprised at Buhari's actions. There is an adage in Igbo that, "one does not learn left handness in old age." The electorates knew Buhari to be a dictator but voted him in due to sentiments. Most people do not know the meaning of Rule of Law. Individuals, state, and everyone must obey the law, this is what Rule of Law is. The function of the court is to read and explain laws and to resolve disputes between parties while ensuring justice. The court as part of the judiciary is a separate arm of the government and must be recognized as so in a democratic setting. They should be independent of the executive and legislative arm in performing their duties.

The beauty of democracy is on this separation of power. This is the part that Buhari finds difficult to come in terms with, having dictatorship antecedents. What is Nnnamdi Kanu's Offense? Going by what we know, and not the pointless allegations by Buhari and his DSS witch-hunt dogs, Nnamdi Kanu has done nothing outside of the law; that is what previous courts said. The right for self determination for Indigenous people is enshrined in the UN charted for Indigenous people. Nnamdi Kanu as a human being has every right to expression and freedom of speech. These are fundamental human rights. Even if the recent show of shame by Buhari on national TV is anything to go by, the passport issue is very pathetic. It begs the question, how does one enter his own country illegally? Nigeria is not practicing feudalism but democracy, moreover Nnamdi Kanu was never "banished" from Nigeria.

The world is watching, the judiciary is watching, the citizens are watching as Nigeria gradually slips into autocratic system of government.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Analysiscorner: 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
pafpatmo:
Dasuki and Kanu will remain in jail for ever. Carry-on Mr President. We're solidly behind you. These wailing wailer can go on after all the cry of a chicken does not deter the rituals. grin grin grin
And one day, your turn to wail would come. Don't talk of rule of law, then.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Ariemuogaga: 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
Truly speaking, if Nnamdi Kanu is allegedly a terrorist and can Also be accused of treason - for his act of free speech as enshrined in the Nigeria constitution as alleged by the Buhari led FG. Then, the pernicious speeches the person of Muhammadu Buhari has made in the past should double is the accusation finding him being culpable for terrorism and treason... Just one in many of President perceived hate utterances ' the dog and the baboon will shed blood'- Buhari , 2011.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by sammhi(m): 6:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
PMB should know that punishment for an offence is not a vengeance mission but a deterrence!
two wrongs don't make a right....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Adminisher: 6:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
America kept terrorism suspects without trial in Guatanamo. They reditioned many suspects breaking many country laws in Europe , the Arab world and even Morocco.
The US will not oppose us on anti terrorism. If Kanu were Russian he is dead already. If he were in any Arab country he would have disappeared since .
Please this is terrorism. Many Boko Garam suspects were held by Jonathan without trial and I supported it. Kanu and Dasuki will also stay in prison as long as necessary
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Adayi1(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
etebefia:
i am not suprise at buhari's refusal to court orders, however i am suprise at the level of illetracy among some Nigerians who are so happy with this, it might be dusuki and kanu today, who knows whom it will be tomorrow.
yes.... It might be you tomorrow if you engage in impunity
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Analysiscorner: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
Adminisher:
America kept terrorism suspects without trial in Guatanamo. They reditioned many suspects breaking many country laws in Europe , the Arab world and even Morocco.
The US will not oppose us on anti terrorism. If Kanu were Russian he is dead already. If he were in any Arab country he would have disappeared since .
Please this is terrorism. Many Boko Garam suspects were held by Jonathan without trial and I supported it. Kanu and Dasuki will also stay in prison as long as necessary
You forgot that Russia was the headquarters of the former USSR that disintegrated, even without a shot of gun.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by McSquishi(f): 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
neocortex:

Your comment reeks with utter selfishness, why will you term indefinite detention and flouting
of court orders a good thing.

African have a history of leaders who transform from a self-acclaim "saviour" to despots(Idi Amin and Mugabe comes
to mind), it is the duty of the informed citizens to oppose such transitions.

How happy will you be if you or a relation is indefinitely detained by a government who believes it
has the moral right to do so even though the court says otherwise.

Note: I assume you are an american citizen who believes in democracy and human right, if not kindly
ignore my comment.

You namedropped two so allow me to do the same: Patrice Lumumba, Kwame Nkrumah. It's no secret that the West is intimidated by African leaders who want to do good things for their countries. There are old CIA documents available through FOIA where they are going crazy over the African independence movements that were sweeping the continent.

Also, Mugabe is interesting example bc the West has been good friends with this guy until he started to take land from the colonizers. Only then did Western press write nonstop about his corrupt government, only when the corruption didn't serve them. That was my point: seeing a Western paper write about it makes me question the narrative. If that's selfish, I'll be that. wink

I take it you didn't read the conclusion of my post. I stated clearly my position of not accepting the exchange of freedom for security.
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by podosci(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
The US used a drone to kill an accused United state born citizen al-awlaki , That's like Obama being jury and execution in a working modern society.
The United state went against a UN resolution prohibiting the invasion of Iraq.
In summary, No law, court or constitution trumps US National security.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by mjames: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
omenka:
From the beginning, they said Nnamumudi Kalluu has nuclear weapons and would visit the country with one of them soon, killing every living being in it besides Biafrans- we didn't see as much as a fire cracker.

Then they said he cannot be arrested- we was.

Then they dared the State to keep him beyond two days- he's been in a dungeon for over two months.

Then they said Vladamir Putin has ordered his release- he remains in the dungeons!

Then they said a lawmaker in the UK wrote a petition to their parliament for his unconditional release- that was over a month ago, dude's still languishing in the dungeons.

Then they said David Cameron has ordered his release since he's a UK citizen otherwise they would go to war with Nigeria- DSS got offended and increased the liquidity of his beans meal.

Then they protested on the streets- it didn't change anything.

Then they gave an Ultimatum- it has since expired and NOTHING has happened.

Then they said only an Igbo President could calm them down- PDP zoned the presidency to the North!

Then they demanded 8billion bribe to stop their protests- not a penny has been given them and I doubt Baba would give any.

Now they've brought Washington post article- Na today?? Ask them about detainees at Guantanamo Bay.

You too much

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by abimic(m): 6:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
Me I don't understand what people want in this country, since I knew EFCC charging any body to court, I've never seen more than 3 persons sent to prison some of which were politically motivated. Does that mean our politicians aren't corrupt and if they weren't, how come we found ourselves as a nation in this lowlife? PDP that obeyed court orders, how has that bettered our lots?Meanwhile, if court keeps granting unnecessary bail to accused, what's the guarantee that even me won't ask Dasuki for My share since there's nothing the court or government can do? Or should I be waiting for karma? When in the long run I would have repented. The point is, our Nigerian system is so In a state of debacle that it needs a dogged fighter to give us a winning formula, it would be unfair to say buhari flouts court orders, wasn't dokpesi released, and many more but those with high profiled allegations can't be left off the hook so easily due to the fact that,if these guys go, one might not see them again as they're really very good at evasion and disappearance like magicians.The anti corruption mantra is looking like a hoax to me from the angle of the judiciary, looks like looting pays in as much as, bail would be perfected with surety in #250million blah blah. Even with PMB insistence on their non release, I doubt it deters Looters as the court would still be his weakest link. Anyway, no looters would go Scot free until they cough out our money whether court likes it or not. In PMB I trust.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by ibnakeem: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2015
Analysiscorner:
Charles Orka is not being held for the sins of his brother.
If Charles Okah isn't held for his brother's sin, on whose sin is he being held? I can't remember Charles holding any major position in MEND. It is Henry who is leading MEND alongside JOMO who is the group's spokesperson. I would like to enlightened on this issue more because I might be wrong. Thanks in advance grin grin
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Holak: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
lastmanstandn:
Buhari, Our National Interest and Court Orders
A step below President Buhari's present level of high-handedness only brings us back to the era of impunity that we voted Jonathan out for.
Nigerians are very forgetful of the past. Nigeria, under the watch of the Fmr President, could not successful keep terror suspects in custody because prosecutors failed to prepare a case. We had a system where court orders and injunctions stalled corruption cases and made a mockery of our fight to defeat corruption and insecurity across the country. This time, we have an executive that is willing to stretch its constitutional powers to keep Nigeria safe and recoup stolen fund, yet we're starting to paint the President as a dictator.

Kanu is a threat to our national security. In advanced societies, suspects are detained for issues as trivial as traffic offence to keep them in custody while a stronger case is put together, why must Nigeria be different? Societies with strong intelligence communities engage whatever means is takes to keep terrorists and extremists out of circulation, must ours be different? Indeed, there are global concerns with regards to ethical issues in national security and intelligence activities of nations; developing countries should not be singled out as if we are the only ones involved in such. Indeed, the primary responsibility of government is to ensure its people live neither in fear of terrorism, external aggression nor poverty and other factors that undermine their peace and safety while it also sustains the fundamental rights of its people. However, many advanced nations have passed through periods of national crisis when liberties were exchanged for greater security, the balance between both being restored after such crisis, and Nigeria is at that point right now.

Within the last 10-15 years, advanced nations have defied international charters against enhanced interrogation techniques, illegal rendition, detention without trial and all sort of measures all for the sake of national security. We have not resorted to this yet you're starting to paint us as bad. We have not rendered our terror suspects to Niger, as you did render yours to Egypt for torture, we have not built illegal detention facilities in Chad, as you've done in Cuba, Kanu has not accused our security agents of subjecting him to waterboarding as you've done to many of yours, so what is the fury about? We understand you did what was necessary for the safety of innocent people, just as President Buhari is doing the same. Nnamdi Kanu's illegal entrance into the country with equipment for the purpose of undermining our national security is enough to get us worried, and get a responsible President to act.

On the NIMASA ex-DG and Arms thieves, I doubt if there is any law in Nigeria or anywhere in the world that restrains the authorities from re-arresting a suspect on different charges after he/she has been granted bail on others. Hence, we do not have to blame the President for identifying measures within our laws to use against corrupt public office holders just to keep them from jumping bail. We had a soft-spoken, gentle-looking President whose lame duck attitude cost us $2.1 billion meant for the war on terror and drove us where we are today, but we have moved on. Now we have a stronger, more willing leader in President Buhari and the best we can do is support him to do whatever is right and just to keep us on the path of prosperity and security again.

As Nigerians we must understand that security is a collective task that requires the mutual cooperation of every citizen, and the understanding that our liberties will not be compromised as long as we remain law abiding and do not act in ways that endanger others, as Dasuki Sambo and his partners are alleged to have done to our soldiers and our countrymen up North. We need to understand that a man that literally sneaked into the country using unconventional methods can sneak out using same methods; that we lack the intelligence capability to keep tabs on all suspects, and just like in past cases, corrupt public office holders may escape justice by choosing not to return to Nigeria if they are allowed to pursue whatever medical excuses abroad and extradition is not as easy as it appears. We are protected as law-abiding citizens, and we have in President Buhari what we have always desired, a strong man with great political will to frustrate corrupt public office holders, a step below President Buhari's present level of high-handedness only brings us back to the era of impunity.

@ijigbami

In other words, it is okay to disregard the Constitution provided you feel you are doing the country good.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by knightsTempler: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
No president replaces the Commisioner Of Police... Except Buhari

I watched Obama almost weep when Zimmerman killed Trayvon. At no time did he convict Zimmerman with his words. I have watched him speak on the police on black violence and not once did he replace the jury.

As a president, no matter how involved you are with the prosecution, to find a man guilty on television is SLANDER AND LIBEL. Until the courts decide, even of a man was seen beheading another on tape, HE IS REFERRED TO AS A "SUSPECT".

As a SUSPECT, if not that it is Nigeria, both Nnamdi Kano and Dasuki can have any future convictions overturned the president has shown CLEAR BIAS and preempted, it not railroaded and procured whatever convictions they may get.

Justice must not only be done but must be SEEN to be done and on that chat, we saw a president who is ready to plant exhibit on SUSPECTS just to ensure they do not go back to their houses. "what kind of gofment are you running" if the courts can grant these people bail.

The courts are CONSTITUTIONALLY the only body that can grant bail AS IT PLEASES. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE AN OPINION ON IT, least of all a president SWORN TO UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION. Buhari, by that media chat has already run afoul of his oath of office. He has spat and shat on the very constitution that gave him his powers. Oh well, he has once suspended it in his maiden broadcast as a dictator and coupist

Speaking of "maiden", I hope Buhari will live long enough out of power for both Dasuki and Nnamdi to sue him for defamation. He will prove how Nnamdi left London without a passport and how he will be caught in the airport if he was not going to use his passports. Buhari said he had two, not three so how is he to fly out if he does not have a London visa on his Nigerian passport (he does not as a citizen of UK) or if he was not stamped into Nigeria, how he will explain it while passing security.

point is, this is the very reason a president must leave prosecution to the Commisioner of Police, EFCC. He should instead focus on knowing currencies in use today round the world and other issues so he does not continue looking lost and deserted when with leaders of various countries- Ena Ofugara.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by redsun(m): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2015
This government seem more like a junta's regime rather than democrazy.

Anyway, that explains why it is democrazy,demonstration crase,crazy demonstration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by xandy84: 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
I'm so happy to have read your post. I'm not for or against APC or PDP but any government who does not respect rule of law do not have a place in 21th century. No foreign investors want to invest in a country who do not obey court orders. As much as i support fight against corruptions wholeheartedly, such fight must be within the limit and dictate of the law.

hush15:

Brother,
Firstly, I am only responding in good faith and not passing insults to you, the President or anyone that means we'll for Nigeria and also, would be as objective as possible so anyone quoting me shouldn't throw insults ask pls.

Here is a saying in my language that translate that the cutting of the head is a not the panacea for headaches. Whether corruption or insurgency, violence or disregard shouldn't be the first line of attack. Strenght is not only expressed through military might but also wisdom. Else, one would be caught in the same Web. Then, you that meant well then become the problem and at fault for meaning well. It has always been so, is and will always be so.

The President may mean well, but you cant break law to uphold another law just as you cant rob peter and pay paul. Whether Mr Dasuki or Kanu, if the courts have a different disposition, they should be respected. The President should learn he is not God and he can't want it better than the owner of the universe. He is the number one custodian of the Nigerian constitution and he should respect that which gives him the authority. There must be other ways of handling these matters without disregard for the rule of law consistently.

It is evident now that the DSS and other anti graft institutions, also the military are not acting independently but strictly under the influence of the Presidency and if they keep disregarding democratic principles and procedures all in the name of fighting corruption, how will justice be served and truth uphold. Security forces have been turned into political tools and compromised.

Nigeria doesn't belong to him or his associates and as such, can tackle matters on just personal perceptions. If he doesn't have evidence, he should or hard to prove them guilty, for someone who believes in hard work. Then, he shouldn't rely on reports only. He should also meet these people and speak with them. Let him hear from yem directly like Nigerians would like to hear from them not DSS or efcc giving reports to news and all we keep seeing on he dailies mare people who don't want to be disclosed. He mention Kanu had two passports, knowing how the government wants him down and out, do we really think he would let go of his passports.... thats is his last resort.

Mr President should understand that, in tying to put out a fire, you don't start another. He should also remember that he doesn't have a lifetime to rule Nigeria. When tomorrow comes, chasing people only shouldn't be what he is remembered for.
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by maestroferddi: 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
omenka:
Do I look like a give a fvck about you or your opinion??

Mstcheeeew.
You are just incurably pathetic.

With all the sounds and fury you are making all over the place, an unwary person may be misled into thinking that you possess a scintilla of common sense nay objectivity.

All I am reading from your sundry and varied posts are akin to tales told by an idiot which after all the exertions ultimately signify nothing...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Super1Star: 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
Which court granted Madoff bail? What stopped Madoff from seeking medical attention in Europe too?

Which count in US would have granted a terrorist bail?

We all know how people were heralded into Guantanamo without any trial.

PMB only used his Executive Order to prevent Dasuki from evading justice and the Lunatic Albino from constituting national security threat. Period.

Washington post can go to blazes.

We should decide as a nation whether we want to truly fight corruption or support it.
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by jmaine: 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
podosci:
The US used a drone to kill an accused United state born citizen al-awlaki , That's like Obama being jury and execution in a working modern society.
The United state went against a UN resolution prohibiting the invasion of Iraq.
In summary, No law, court or constitution trumps US National security.

Wrong analogy bruv . . .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by arresa: 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
[s]
Analysiscorner:
All your writeup would've been suitable only if Buhari came to power as a dictator. So long as it is a democracy, he must allow the judiciary interpret the law.
[/s]

I know you and your type, you concern has nothing to do with democracy or what's best for Nigeria.

What proper interpretation of the law means to you and your kind is letting crooks, criminals and evil people evade justice.

What proper interpretation interpretation of the law means to you and your kind is continued destruction of Nigeria by criminal elements
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Super1Star: 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
hush15:

Brother,
Firstly, I am only responding in good faith and not passing insults to you, the President or anyone that means we'll for Nigeria and also, would be as objective as possible so anyone quoting me shouldn't throw insults ask pls.

Here is a saying in my language that translate that the cutting of the head is a not the panacea for headaches. Whether corruption or insurgency, violence or disregard shouldn't be the first line of attack. Strenght is not only expressed through military might but also wisdom. Else, one would be caught in the same Web. Then, you that meant well then become the problem and at fault for meaning well. It has always been so, is and will always be so.

The President may mean well, but you cant break law to uphold another law just as you cant rob peter and pay paul. Whether Mr Dasuki or Kanu, if the courts have a different disposition, they should be respected. The President should learn he is not God and he can't want it better than the owner of the universe. He is the number one custodian of the Nigerian constitution and he should respect that which gives him the authority. There must be other ways of handling these matters without disregard for the rule of law consistently.

It is evident now that the DSS and other anti graft institutions, also the military are not acting independently but strictly under the influence of the Presidency and if they keep disregarding democratic principles and procedures all in the name of fighting corruption, how will justice be served and truth uphold. Security forces have been turned into political tools and compromised.

Nigeria doesn't belong to him or his associates and as such, can tackle matters on just personal perceptions. If he doesn't have evidence, he should or hard to prove them guilty, for someone who believes in hard work. Then, he shouldn't rely on reports only. He should also meet these people and speak with them. Let him hear from yem directly like Nigerians would like to hear from them not DSS or efcc giving reports to news and all we keep seeing on he dailies mare people who don't want to be disclosed. He mention Kanu had two passports, knowing how the government wants him down and out, do we really think he would let go of his passports.... thats is his last resort.

Mr President should understand that, in tying to put out a fire, you don't start another. He should also remember that he doesn't have a lifetime to rule Nigeria. When tomorrow comes, chasing people only shouldn't be what he is remembered for.
God bless Nigeria

You can break a law to uphold a law especially when you are dealing with a judiciary that will sentence someone that stole 3310 Nokia handset to 25years imprisonment and ask the person that stole our collective wealth to pay 980,000 as fine and go home in peace?

Which court in US will grant Dasuki bail? Who granted Madoff bail?

Is it not the same America that was arresting everybody arrestable and throwing them into Guantanamo Bay without trial in the name of national security threat?

Abeg abeg Abeg
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by arresa: 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
Super1Star:

You can break a law to uphold a law especially when you are dealing with a judiciary that will sentence someone that stole 3310 Nokia handset to 25years imprisonment and ask the person that stole our collective wealth to pay 980,000 as fine and go home in peace?

Which court in US will grant Dasuki bail? Who granted Madoff bail?

Is it not the same America that was arresting everybody arrestable and throwing them into Guantanamo Bay without trial in the name of national security threat?

Abeg abeg Abeg

Sadly, their concern has nothing to do with democracy, these are the same anti Nigerian elements and the failed GEJ till 2019 crowd.
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by maestroferddi: 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
xandy84:
I'm so happy to have read your post. I'm not for or against APC or PDP but any government who does not respect rule of law do not have a place in 21th century. No foreign investors want to invest in a country who do not obey court orders. As much as i support fight against corruptions wholeheartedly, such fight must be within the limit and dictate of the law.

Evil thrives when good people sit by and do nothing.

The way Buhari is going should be a grave concern to all well-meaning Nigerians.

I find deplorable the scenario where some people here and elsewhere have allowed ethnocentric and primordial considerations becloud their sense of objectivity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
omenka:
How many Gitmo inmates has the government of US released on orders from her courts?? As a matter of fact, how many of the inmates have seen the insides of a court room since detention??

Nnamumudi Kalluu will rot in jail like those terrorists in Gitmo and heavens won't fall, just like it didn't in the US.

I don't support their incarceration but the US should be the last to lecture people on human rights. You have over 50 inmates in Gitmo locked up without a single trial since 2002 and you want to tell another country how to handle people who it deems threats to its internal peace and stability.

Talk of hypocrisy.
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
Tolexander:
Everyone has a right to say what ever pleases one.

I still remember Guantanamo bay, has it been finally closed down by US?

Spot on.
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Super1Star: 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
arresa:

Sadly, their concern has nothing to do with democracy, these are the same anti Nigerian elements and the failed GEJ till 2015 crowd.

They simply lack the knowledge of the workings of the Presidential System of governance.

With an Executive Order, the President is within his right to over rule the Judge, most especially when it concerns National Security. The 2 cases involve National Security.

The Nation is bigger than any individual and the president swore to protect the I Teresa of the nation no that of looters and of terrorists and would-be terrorists.
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by erico2k2(m): 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
ohenhen1:

Nigeria has the right to re-arrest any suspect when there are new charges to be filed.

There are due process. Ie when the court says release it means release when it says detain it means detain. We are not in the military era.we must obey the rule of law good or bad.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

NNPC Is Now 'northern Nigeria Petroleum Company' - Nigerians Slam Buhari / Video Of Mob Lynching A Man In Kaduna Crisis / Okorocha: Any Sane Person Who Hears My Voice Will Stand Still, Amaechi Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.