Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,758 members, 7,924,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 01:26 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (67399 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2009
@TKB
Twaz Kuala Lumpur. . .how did you know? grin
I'll get outta relegation, don't worry. If anybody needs help, it's dreeldee. grin

Hehehe. . .of course I was gon' box your ears for saying rubbish about the team. Last time I was scared for your B.P. grin Have some faith, dude. . .have some faith.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 9:18am On Aug 24, 2009
Cristalz:

@TKB
Twaz Kuala Lumpur. . .how did you know? grin
I'll get outta relegation, don't worry. If anybody needs help, it's dreeldee. grin

Hehehe. . .of course I was gon' box your ears for saying rubbish about the team. Last time I was scared for your B.P. grin Have some faith, dude. . .have some faith.
oh yeah

i have faith in the team grin

lets see how it goes on saturday
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 9:18am On Aug 24, 2009
Emperoh
i answered ur question na grin
i said In SAF we/I trust grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 10:23am On Aug 24, 2009
What else will happen on saturday?

The devils r going to receive the holy ghost. grin

i'm licking my lower lip. . . grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 11:04am On Aug 24, 2009
ritchboy:

What else will happen on saturday?

The devils r going to receive the holy ghost. grin

i'm licking my lower lip. . . grin grin grin
ure still alive ehn grin

ok, we shall see on Monday to talk more
im sure u'll abscond like ur other friends
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by justkunmi(m): 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2009
Tkb
How.far?
Nice.game. .
I.totally.was.impressed. . For.like.40.minutes.I.totally.forgot.about.Ronaldo.
Guess.we.are.buildin.a.better.team.without.him.

I.especially.enjoyed.Owen's.goal.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by akinalabi(m): 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2009
justkunmi:

Not only you bro.

We all did. It was good for him getting off the mark.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2009
justkunmi:

Tkb
How.far?
Nice.game. .
I.totally.was.impressed. . For.like.40.minutes.I.totally.forgot.about.Ronaldo.
Guess.we.are.buildin.a.better.team.without.him.

JK my niggy
whts gud?
the goals were classic

Berba, Owen and Nanis goals
cant shout o

we have a good team but the way we miss chances ehn?
na wa

against Chelsea, we shlda gone 3-0 up in first half but y'all know what happened

lets see how we bury the chances against the Arses.
we are UTD y'knw and we'll always create loads of them, but my prayer is we convert them as they come.
if we do that, it will be over in an hour
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2009
Just read this on Soccernet and im wondering when Tevez will just learn to shut up

Tevez has claimed that Sir Alex Ferguson is ''scared'' of playing Manchester City this season following their busy summer of spending.

GettyImages

Tevez: Happier under Hughes.

Tevez spent two years on loan at Old Trafford before securing a permanent switch to Eastlands over the summer and has not kept quiet over his dissatisfaction of being kept on the bench by the Scot.

Ferguson, for his part, has played down the significance of the Argentine's departure, whilst also warning Man City that it will be difficult to break into the top four this season. However, Tevez feels his former boss is worried about the Manchester derby on 20th September.

"Ferguson is history for me but I know that he is scared of playing against us," the striker told Globoesporte. "It's dangerous for Ferguson's objectives and for him to criticise Manchester City."

Tevez has also explained the differences between playing under Ferguson and working with current manager Mark Hughes.

"Mark Hughes is only focused on his work and the team, he doesn't get involved in the negotiations," he said. "He has been a football player so there is a big difference in the way he treats each player
."

so Tevez till date doesnt know SAF was a football player shocked shocked
i guess hes a retard afterall

dude shld shut the hell up

Crizzle
you need to tell this ur boifee to sharrap
the reason we SAF benched him is manifesting at Citey
running up and down like a rabbit with no end result

2 games, no goal
lets see when the drought will end for him
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:03pm On Aug 24, 2009
akinalabi:

Not only you bro.

We all did. It was good for him getting off the mark.

If Owen can sharpen his finishing. . . . .He will score more than 20 goals this season.
I love his movement in the box. . . . .He smells the killer pass but his execution has let him down in the first 2 games.
Once he gets his sharpness back, EPL goalies are in trouble.

I love the way Nani signalled to him to run through the left channel.
Nani's pass to find Owen was world class. . . .the weight of the pass plus the direction was just OMG!!!
Despite Nani's mistakes. . . . .he never fails to contribute to the team. . . .
In 135 mins of league football, Nani has scored 1 goal, and 2 priceless assists.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Borat1: 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2009
Tevez has started just one game and is yet to regain full fitness. So why did Rooney not score against lowly burnley?
You both have the same points and they have a game in hand. Stop hating
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2009
~Borat~:

Tevez has started just one game and is yet to regain full fitness. So why did Rooney not score against lowly burnley?
You both have the same points and they have a game in hand. Stop hating
oh yeah
Rooney has scored in 2 outta 3
Tevez 0/2
thts the difference tongue

i'll stop hating when he keeps his mouth shut about SAF and UTD
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2009
tkb417:

oh yeah
Rooney has scored in 2 outta 3
Tevez 0/2
thts the difference tongue

i'll stop hating when he keeps his mouth shut about SAF and UTD

Rooney has scored 3 goals in 3 league games.
If he stays in the box, he is as deadly as Drogba or Torres cos his football brain is peerless.
The only worry is he drifts too deep to get the ball. . . . . .He is too selfless.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

If he stays in the box, he is as deadly as Drogba or Torres cos his football brain is peerless
The only worry is he drifts too deep to get the ball. . . . . .He is too selfless.
thank you
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2009
Ha ha ha
Way to premature to start comparing total goals scored by Tev and Rooney
It's just three matches played.
Or else Spurs are justified for wild celebrations going on for topping the league in Week 3 cheesy

I think Mark Hughes bought players he knows would do some talking for him also grin
It isn't only Tevez talking, check out what Ade too has been saying
Even Toure started talking rubbish as soon as he saw 'Arab money' grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2009
HNIC:

Ha ha ha
Or else Spurs are justified for wild celebrations going on for topping the league in Week 3 cheesy

I think Mark Hughes bought players he knows would do some talking for him also grin
It isn't only Tevez talking, check out what Ade too has been saying
Even Toure started talking rubbish as soon as he saw 'Arab money' grin

i cant remember when Tevez ever outscored Rooney
so the comparison isnt even needed

Rooney will always be a better player/scorer
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2009
Tevez beansing again? I am beginning to loose my admiration for that guy.
If he continues yabbing SAF, i fear for his career. . . he might not know it but he should watch it.
If he didn't feel good the way he was treated, he simply shoulda proved a point with goals

Sauron, TK
I thing Valencia is another Tevesreque player the way he tries to muscle his way thru
he is too one directional for my liking. . .there is no flair whatsoever with his game. . he will find it quite hard with players in Europe.
Why was Berba so excited by his goal?

Crizzle
I just spotted a star in Mongolia, are u interested. . . .he mature for the january window
There is another from Laos too. . . .maybe u can ask Dreldee to check them out tooif u ain't interested but i reckon u are!! grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2009
Emperoh:

Sauron, TK
I thing Valencia is another Tevesreque player the way he tries to muscle his way thru
he is too one directional for my liking. . .there is no flair whatsoever with his game. . he will find it quite hard with players in Europe.
Why was Berba so excited by his goal?

I like Antonio Valencia. . . . .He beats his men on the flanks and he gets to put decent crosses in for our strikers to attack.
His football brain is better than Tevez. . . . .Valencia has a superb ball control. Tevez will attempt trapping a ball in Yaba but the ball will fly to Ota.
Huffing n puffing ain't football. . . . . .I am a fan of productivity which is why i think Berbatov is miles ahead of Tevez.

Berba was excited that he has silenced his critics.
His goal was top draw. . . .The control, the way he took it away from Kirkland and his acrobatic volley to find the net.
Berba is class. . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

If he stays in the box, he is as deadly as Drogba or Torres cos his football brain is peerless.
Dude, i hope you know this is wrong.
I'd like to believe that you wish, hope and pray Rooney would be like Drogba and/or torres.

Drogba is proven
Torres is proven
That damp squid A.K.A Micheal Uwem is proven

Rooney will never be a prolific goal scorer but he will go on to be a legend in some other way/form
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by akinalabi(m): 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2009
HNIC:

Ha ha ha

You dont compare Rooney and Tevez for anything. Its like comparing
sleep with death.

And yes, Spurs should enjoy their great start to the season. Anything
bad in that?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2009
Dude, i hope you this is wrong.
I'd like to believe that you wish, hope and pray Rooney would be like Drogba and/or torres.

Drogba is proven
Torres is proven

Rooney will never be a prolific goal scorer but he will go on to a legend in other ways/form
shocked shocked shocked and he has 101 goals for UTD?
Do the maths, calculate the number of professional goals scored by Rooney, Torres and Drogba and divide by the number of appearances and lets see the ratio

dont say what you dont know
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2009
OMO IBO:

Dude, i hope you this is wrong.

He is better than Torres/Drogba.
You are looking at goals scored. . . .i am looking at his total contribution in his team.
Of course, Rooney has never been an out n out striker for United until this season so judging him based on goals scored when he is always helping out on the wing is moronic. . . . .

Drogba is proven
Torres is proven

He took other European strikers apart in Euro 2004 when he was just 18.
Where has Drogba proven himself? Where did Torres prove himself?
What have they won for their current clubs in comparison to Rooney?

Rooney will never be a prolific goal scorer but he will go on to be a legend in other way/form

Dennis Bergkamp was never a prolific goal scorer but he is better than Drogba, Torres, Huntelaar cloned together.
Football is not about goal scoring ALONE. . . . . .It is what you contribute that matters.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2009
Dennis Bergkamp was never a prolific goal scorer but he is better than Drogba, Torres, Huntelaar cloned together.
Football is not about goal scoring ALONE. . . . . .It is what you contribute that matters.
and Rooney hasnt done badly in terms of goal scoring compared to the 2 he mentioned
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2009
tkb417:

shocked shocked shocked and he has 101 goals for UTD?
Do the maths, calculate the number of professional goals scored by Rooney, Torres and Drogba and divide by the number of appearances and lets see the ratio

dont say what you dont know
He has 101 goals for united and so??
big deal?

you are expected to come up with the goods if you are a striker and playing for a big club.

In Europe, Managers would pick Drogba, torres, and even Teves ahead of Rooney. It doesnt take anything away from his quality.
Sometimes, no be gra gra managers wan chop
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Yet you slag Robin van Persie(who is perenially injured) for not scoring many goals
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2009
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1208506/Vidic-left-facing-trial-television-Rodallega-slap.html#comments

Vidic is left facing trial by television over Rodallega slap

Manchester United have suffered another blow to their defensive plans as the FA decide whether to charge Nemanja Vidic with violent conduct while Jonny Evans continues to struggle with an ankle injury.
Vidic is facing trial by TV after appearing to slap Wigan centre forward Hugo Rodallega on Saturday.
Tempers flared when the striker clattered into United keeper Ben Foster in an attempt to win the ball.

Last night the FA confirmed that they will look at the incident and Vidic could face a three-match ban.
Meanwhile, it is understood that United are considering whether to send Evans for surgery after he limped off with a recurrence of an injury that has bothered him all season.
United can ill afford to lose either player as their other main central defender, Rio Ferdinand, is out with a thigh problem.
Referee Howard Webb did not see the Vidic incident at the DW Stadium but will be asked by the FA what he would have done if he had.
Rodallega certainly made the most of the incident and may even face sanction himself after appearing to shrug off Webb a little too vigorously as the official attempted to calm him down.

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2009
He is better than Torres/Drogba.
You are looking at goals scored. . . .i am looking at his total contribution in his team.
Of course, Rooney has never been an out n out striker for United until this season so judging him based on goals scored when he is always helping out on the wing is moronic. . . . .
Drogba is known for his defensive abilities. But it doesn't stop him from scoring
I've recently seen a few matches where Drogba played on the wings. A very good example is yesterdays match. In the second half, Drogba spent some time playing on the wings while Anelka moved to the middle.

He took other European strikers apart in Euro 2004 when he was just 18.
Where has Drogba proven himself? Where did Torres prove himself?
What have they won for their current clubs in comparison to Rooney?
I hope you know Drogba was a late starter. he didn't get his big break until 25. . . . . .i think.
He was the highest goal scorer in the EPL at during the 2006/07. . . . .if im not mistken

Torress was simply the Prince of Athletic Madrid before he left for liverpool.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2009
OMO IBO:

He has 101 goals for united and so??
big deal?
you are expected to come up with the goods if you are a striker and playing for a big club.
In Europe, Managers would pick Drogba, torres, and even Teves ahead of Rooney. It doesnt take anything away from his quality.
Sometimes, no be gra gra managers wan chop

We are making the wrong comparaisons. . . .  its like comparing Lampard and Essien based on complete pases
Or Scholes and Keane based on intercepted passes. . they are two different classes of midfielders
same also goes for two different classes of strikers. . . . . Comapre Rooney with Gerard, Van Persie, Berbatov and likes.
And of this list, only Gerard comes quite close or surpases him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2009
OMO IBO:

Drogba is known for his defensive abilities. But it doesn't stop him from scoring
I've recently seen a few matches where Drogba played on the wings. A very good example is yesterdays match. In the second half, Drogba spent some time playing on the wings while Anelka moved to the middle.
I hope you know Drogba was a late starter. he didn't get his big break until 25. . . . . .i think.
He has been a thorn in flesh of the best of defenders including rio de Jeneiro

Stop talking like an idiot. . . . . Drogba is yet to score 101 goals for Chelsea despite all the cyber-fellating you have done here.
He joined Chelsea before Rooney joined Man Utd so what are you on about?

Drogba was the highest goal scorer for marseille b4 he moved to the premiership.
Drogba has been the highest goal scorer in the EPL at least ones. . . . .if im not mistken

Djibril Cisse was once the highest goal scorer in France. . . .does that make him world class?
You are comparing a full grown Drogba to Rooney who is yet to hit 24.
How daft are you?

Torress was simply the Prince of Athletic Madrid before he left for liverpool.

Rooney was the prince of Everton and the best English player.

HNIC:

Yet you slag Robin van Persie(who is perenially injured) for not scoring many goals

Robin van Persie is useless. . . . . .Please don't mention him here.
He doesn't create and he doesn't score a lot as a player. . . . .Don't even mention RVP in the same breath as Rooney, abeg.
Holland will flourish without RVP. . . . .England will grind to a halt without Rooney.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2009
Note: I've some changes to my earliert post.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2009
Omo Ibo
Torres the prince of Atletico grin grin
what has that got to do with number of goals he scored at the club?

he never scored 20 a season while at A.Madrid so watch what you post

i repeat, Rooney isnt a a bad goal scorer

check his present WCQ goals scoring feats and compare tht to others

Stop talking like an idiot. . . . . Drogba is yet to score 101 goals for Chelsea despite all the cyber-fellating you have done here.
He joined Chelsea before Rooney joined Man Utd so what are you on about?
dude doesnt know what hes saying

ive asked him to compute the number of goals scored per player and divide by the number of games played
lets see

OmO IBO is just saying opaks
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2009
we have heard you

is Drogba/Torres proven to be a better goal scorer than Rooney ?
NO

show stats and lets see
if you dont, ill do it

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (101)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Ajax vs Manchester United: Europa League Final (0 - 2) On 24th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.