Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,052 members, 7,966,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 05:56 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1338161 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (1234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Makatiola(m): 10:24am On Oct 16, 2011
Pls could u help me with the Key for Windows vista Home prenuim
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cupidkc(m): 10:40am On Oct 16, 2011
Here is exactly what i see when i try to upload : "The value of your uploadsDirVar is incorrect. Open uploadTester.asp in am editor and change the value of uploadsDirVar to the pathname of a directory with write permissions."

please someone should help me,thanks in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 16, 2011
'An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 10
seconds ago. Please try again later'.

I recieve this from NL sometimes five times per login
Must I wait ten   minutes because it's wrong-
I'm not that fast angry
HELP  cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaybaba5(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2011
i wanted to install pes 2010 soccer game on my hp 4520s, but my intel video card is not compatible with the graphics of the game so is it possible for me to unistall intel video driver and install ATI RADEON video driver cos i went to to hp site to look for my laptop drivers so i saw ati radeon on my drivers list under vga. and 2. hw can i increse vram of my laptop.
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2011
i hate posting on this site sometimes because the auto ban services is not smart.
Kay-baba:

i wanted to install pes 2010 soccer game on my hp 4520s, but my intel video card is not compatible with the graphics of the game so is it possible for me to unistall intel video driver and install ATI RADEON video driver cos i went to to hp site to look for my laptop drivers so i saw ati radeon on my drivers list under vga. and 2. hw can i increse vram of my laptop.
thanks
no you can't
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2011
Dyoungstar:

Hello, Need some helps here, I had my laptop beaten by rain then the keyboard stopped functioning properly, some key ceased. How can i get them to work again please someone should help me it's urgent. thanks for your enormous cooperation.
your only option is to replace the keyboard. Next time if your laptop comes in contact with water, immediatly remove the battery and have it dry in a cool place for about 4 hours so you can be sure all the moistor is gone. if there is moistor and you turn on the laptop, it fries the circuts.

if i were you i would get an external usb keyboard to use because once the circut is fried no fix but replacement
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2011
Hello guys, i need help on my newly bought 'acer laptop' it cant connect to wireless and cant transfer or receive through bluetooth. I think it might be driver problems, pls help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 11:09pm On Oct 16, 2011
3kay945:

Hello guys, i need help on my newly bought 'acer laptop' it cant connect to wireless and cant transfer or receive through bluetooth. I think it might be driver problems, pls help.

click start - right click on computer - select manage - the new window that pops up shows three columns, from the column to the far left choose device manager.

in the device manager you will see if any drivers are missing. Get back to us with your findings
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 7:29am On Oct 17, 2011
25omega:

click start - right click on computer - select manage - the new window that pops up shows three columns, from the column to the far left choose device manager.

in the device manager you will see if any drivers are missing. Get back to us with your findings
Thanks, the wireless and bluetooth are nt there.
Even when i press 'fn' and f3 together on the keyboard noting happen. This supose to on the wireless.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:44pm On Oct 17, 2011
3kay945:

Thanks, the wireless and bluetooth are nt there.
Even when i press 'fn' and f3 together on the keyboard noting happen. This supose to on the wireless.

then the laptop you bought is missing the wireless and bluetooth cards go back and get your money
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 18, 2011
@all i just formatted my laptop from the regular i used to use in city of Ile-ife now i am having this problem i believe with advice from here it would be solve.

i wanted to download msn messanger and my windows instructed me to download a service pack for it to work which i choosed from options i found from microsoft.2min After downloading my system went off and not coming up again
been on it for 4hours now and i read the instruction carefully (insert a start up disk ) and repair do i need to buy the startupdisk from computer village and is this a very big problem because i have never done this before thinking if i can do it my self by following instruction since my guy in Ife does fommat my system for me
thanks and God bless all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2011
bandiejay:

i wanted to download msn messanger and my windows instructed me to download a service pack for it to work which i choosed from options i found from [b]microsoft.2min[\b] After downloading my system went off and not coming up again
been on it for 4hours now and i read the instruction carefully (insert a start up disk ) and repair do i need to buy the startupdisk from computer village and is this a very big problem because i have never done this before thinking if i can do it my self by following instruction since my guy in Ife does fommat my system for me
thanks and God bless all
first mistake you made was to download a microsoft software from somewhere called microsoft.2min secondly you will need a disc of your operating system. YOu wont get just any disc. You will need the exact model disc meaning 32 bit or 64 bit, professional or home etc.
put the disc in and restart your computer press F12 as soon as you start repeatedly until a boot menu shows up choose boot from CD. then follow the instructions on the screen. One of the options will be repair press i think F6 <-- not sure for xp and for windows 7 it will give you a repair button. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2011
bandiejay:

@all i just formatted my laptop from the regular i used to use in city of Ile-ife now i am having this problem i believe with advice from here it would be solve.

i wanted to download msn messanger and my windows instructed me to download a service pack for it to work which i choosed from options i found from microsoft.2min After downloading my system went off and not coming up again
thanks and God bless all

thats the reason we say you should always update your system either manually search for them start ---- all programs --- window update --- the pc will connect to the net and search for updates if there is any it will show you then you install especailly the important ones service pack will definately show

thats way it will there in no connection to phony sites

always remember that drivers go to manufacture web site, microsoft updates etc go to microsoft website either microsoft.com or co.uk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noah54: 6:32am On Oct 19, 2011
my laptop is Dell core i5 ,can not use sound button in the right ,i don't know why plz help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 7:29am On Oct 19, 2011
omega25red:

then the laptop you bought is missing the wireless and bluetooth cards go back and get your money
Is there no other way round it becos returning it wont be best option to me. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2011
3kay945:

Is there no other way round it becos returning it wont be best option to me. Thanks.
well the way around it is to buy a usb wireless card and plug it in and use the computer. If the computer never came with a wireless card you either buy one or return the computer and exchange for one that has a wirless card or get your money back.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2011
3kay945:

Does the laptop/netbook have a cd drive ?

What's the make and model number of laptop or netbook ?

Is this XP. Vista or windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:02pm On Oct 19, 2011
noah54:

my laptop is Dell core i5 ,can not use sound button in the right ,i don't know why plz help me

what do you mean you cant use ?

explain clearly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stankovic9: 5:16pm On Oct 19, 2011
most of the people that post there system or their laptop issues on this page its nice but note one thing that if your computer or laptop is running on a megabyte RAM or memory stick u will find it very difficult to install game or some stuff like high definition applications on them because there memory or system speed are too slow to do that, so the best solution for that is to first upgrade the system .before anything of such is done,
cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by activitie: 2:33am On Oct 20, 2011
PLEASE HELP! How can I transfer the songs in my iphone to my laptop?! itunes only permits me transfer from my laptop to my iphone and not the other way round.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2011
activitie:

PLEASE HELP! How can I transfer the songs in my iphone to my laptop?! itunes only permits me transfer from my laptop to my iphone and not the other way round.
look for a software called "sharepod". It's an awsome software that helps you backup your ipod to your computer. it works with older and latest ipod's dont know about iphone though! Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2011
hello. i recently realised that on my admin account i min administrator account, i m unable to instal certain programs on the account and it even goes as far as requesting for a password, plz help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 11:55pm On Oct 20, 2011
steve20114ril:

hello. i recently realised that on my admin account i min administrator account, i m unable to instal certain programs on the account and it even goes as far as requesting for a password, plz help me
grin

what operating system are you using?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 9:25am On Oct 21, 2011
it windows7 hpme premium
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mark40: 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2011
You will only make a onetime payment of N2000 only, for me to help you do the setup for browsing freely either on your Laptop or Desktop computer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ugotuf(m): 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2011
mark40:

You will only make a onetime payment of N2000 only, for me to help you do the setup for browsing freely either on your Laptop or Desktop computer.
Go hawk your wares somewhere else pls bros.we have better free browsing tweaks,i WILL give you mine free if you don't mind tongue tongue tongue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2011
steve20114ril:

it windows7 hpme premium
start--> control panel--> user accounts ---> give other users access to this computer --> click the advanced tab at the top --> advanced --> double click users ---> in here you will see all accounts that are on your computer you can right click on them and go to properties.

example right click on Administrator --> properties --> member of tab (middle top) --- > click add and type administrator --> apply --> ok

that should do it good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Relixy2k: 12:13am On Oct 23, 2011
I use a dell d610, my mtn modem just started saying "USB Device Not Recognized" Pls help me, I have uninstalled the mtn fastlink modem but it still keep saying the same thing. I have tried other usb cable and they are all working fine.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by suunneey: 8:03am On Oct 24, 2011
Plz my hp dv6 laptop screen just broke.
Screen size is 16:9 plz i need to know the amount of the screen. Most greatful if u would reply
fanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 3:55pm On Oct 24, 2011
hello. please my dell laptop would not boot into windows it doesn't even boot to my password window, plz help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:54pm On Oct 24, 2011
steve20114ril:

hello. please my dell laptop would not boot into windows it doesn't even boot to my password window, plz help me

explain what really happens ?

also check of there is any usb drive connected to your pc while you try to boot some old pc wont boot if there is a usb drive connected

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (1234) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.