Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,760 members, 7,972,723 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 05:02 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1340639 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (1234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
kaznoit: download the best unlocker i.e dc unlocker..now!!!
download it below
kaspersky report screenshot

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 04, 2013
Please someone should help me. My hp wireless assistant isn't working, and as a result I haven't been able to switch on/off both my Bluetooth and my Wlan. The button on the keyboard displays orange and it won't change to white upon pressing. I un-installed and re-installed the wireless assistant from Hp website but still no change. I also downloaded about the three drivers that could be responsible... it still won't change. Whenever I start the HP wireless assistant, it will only prompt me if I want program to make changes to my computer after which I click yes and nothing more. I use HP 620. Windows 7 professional 32 bit.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akinola1384(m): 4:49am On Jun 04, 2013
Good morning, pls help me I want to format my system, pls help how can I do it on the net
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 7:10am On Jun 04, 2013
akinola1384: Good morning, pls help me I want to format my system, pls help how can I do it on the net
meet a software professional
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Farouksenior: 8:46am On Jun 04, 2013
...nid help peeps..i was watching film wit my system(accer aspire 7520) using divx player..suddenly it hanged nd dere was a screeching sound.nd de whole system got hanged too.i pressed the shutdown button. later i booted the system only to discover that my mouse is nt respondin.just stands stuck in d centre of screen..pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:14pm On Jun 04, 2013
Farouk senior: ...nid help peeps..i was watching film wit my system(accer aspire 7520) using divx player..suddenly it hanged nd dere was a screeching sound.nd de whole system got hanged too.i pressed the shutdown button. later i booted the system only to discover that my mouse is nt respondin.just stands stuck in d centre of screen..pls help

can you navigate well with your keyboard? you might need to uninstall the mouse/touchpad and re install it. But wait whats the operating system you using?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
hopeyemmy: Please someone should help me. My hp wireless assistant isn't working, and as a result I haven't been able to switch on/off both my Bluetooth and my Wlan. The button on the keyboard displays orange and it won't change to white upon pressing. I un-installed and re-installed the wireless assistant from Hp website but still no change. I also downloaded about the three drivers that could be responsible... it still won't change. Whenever I start the HP wireless assistant, it will only prompt me if I want program to make changes to my computer after which I click yes and nothing more. I use HP 620. Windows 7 professional 32 bit.

I guess you switched the function keys off .

First thing press the following key combination.

the fn key which is close to your windows key or start key by the bottom left corner of your keyboard with the switch key and see if it turns white.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 04, 2013
sameolg616:
meet a software professional
Who is a software professional? This is the first time I am hearing of that.

Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 12:41pm On Jun 04, 2013
akinola1384: Good morning, pls help me I want to format my system, pls help how can I do it on the net

Good Day Meet Us .........

Adetwin IT Concept Ent.
Having a good time maintaining your Desktop Computers, Laptop, Palm Top and Network,As computer technology increases in complexity so does the need for a qualified service provider who is able to maintain and support that technology.

Contact Details:
Office Address: 12,Alof Street Off Omididun Street Lagos Island, Lagos.
Tel: +234-7057140885, +234-7082998588, +234-8133018196
Email: adetwin@hotmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Farouksenior: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2013
onegig:

can you navigate well with your keyboard? you might need to uninstall the mouse/touchpad and re install it. But wait whats the operating system you using?
...yes I can navigate well wit the keyboard.do U̶̲̥̅̊ mean I shud uninstall the mouse/touchpad drivers or wt??.. ♍Ɣ 0S is windows 7. Bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:44pm On Jun 04, 2013
Farouk senior: ...yes I can navigate well wit the keyboard.do U̶̲̥̅̊ mean I shud uninstall the mouse/touchpad drivers or wt??.. ♍Ɣ 0S is windows 7. Bro

yes...

click start button and type device manager. Select the item device manager.

When it opens , navigate to touchpad devices and expand it, right click by using the right click button on the keyboard. It's always located between the right Alt and ctrl keys. select uninstall. Restart your system.

This should work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
onegig:

I guess you switched the function keys off .

First thing press the following key combination.

the fn key which is close to your windows key or start key by the bottom left corner of your keyboard with the switch key and see if it turns white.
I tried that but nothing came up. It does seem the problem has to do with HP Wireless Assistant not functioning properly. I un-installed and re-installed it but to no avail. When I checked window mobility centre, I found out that the Wireless Assistant or any of its components can't be turned on from there which is quite unusual. It appears the Wireless Assistant isn't recognised by my system as a program.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femi4: 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2013
DO you have recovery dvd or genuine OS with you?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Farouksenior: 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
onegig:

yes...

click start button and type device manager. Select the item device manager.

When it opens , navigate to touchpad devices and expand it, right click by using the right click button on the keyboard. It's always located between the right Alt and ctrl keys. select uninstall. Restart your system.

This should work.
...bros meen na 2 drivers i see,1 delete go bt d oda no gree..even after deleting ,restartin,shuting dwn.e go still show again.well i tried re-installing the oda one i removed,only 4 it to tell me it isnt compatible nd isnt working.m jst surprised cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:15pm On Jun 04, 2013
Farouk senior: ...bros meen na 2 drivers i see,1 delete go bt d oda no gree..even after deleting ,restartin,shuting dwn.e go still show again.well i tried re-installing the oda one i removed,only 4 it to tell me it isnt compatible nd isnt working.m jst surprised cry

go to your control panel. Your system uses synaptics touchpad.

Uninstall the synaptics touchpad from your program lists. i.e. go to control panel-program features-uninstall programs and find synaptics touchpad . uninstall..go online(if you dont have the drivers cd) and download new driver for the touchpad.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vicshownero(m): 7:15pm On Jun 04, 2013
pls guys help me with this problem,i av one hp mini that once i power it on and insert my password and press enter it will display welcome for like 20mins after which it will display a black screen and the cursor will be moving but it wont leave that stage but if i put it on safe mood it works perfectly.pls how can i correct this abnormality.Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
hopeyemmy:
I tried that but nothing came up. It does seem the problem has to do with HP Wireless Assistant not functioning properly. I un-installed and re-installed it but to no avail. When I checked window mobility centre, I found out that the Wireless Assistant or any of its components can't be turned on from there which is quite unusual. It appears the Wireless Assistant isn't recognised by my system as a program.

does your system have nvidia graphiics card??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2013
onegig:

does your system have nvidia graphiics card??
I don't know what that is. How do I check if it does? Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2013
all4naija: Who is a software professional? This is the first time I am hearing of that.

Thank you.
A software engineer/professional is a licensed professional engineer who is schooled and skilled in the application of engineering discipline to the creation/use of softwares be it system or application softwares.From self-motivation to goal setting, from connecting with peers to delegating work, there are a number of crucial behaviors that software testers and developers need to adopt to be able to call themselves "professionals".
now let me speak for myself,i have a background in programming,dos,database(oracle,sql),computer maintainance/repairs(not my strong point) and they all come with certifications(oca,ocp...).i specialize in the use,testing and application of softwares to provide solutions to people.recently,im into disaster recovery
part of my job is to make recommendations and provide effective control measures(preventive,detective and corrective) that would aid continuation of technology infrastructure which are vital to an persons,organization.
need i say more?be inspired!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2013
hello, please i have a serious situation at hand. i tried synchronizing files on my bb with my brothers laptop, i didn't know the laptop had viruses in it. in the process the media files i stored on the phone device got hidden. i have tried really hard to unlock the files because i was able to trace where they were been hidden and tried unlocking them through the use of the explore menu options on the media icon but i cant seem to unlock the files. please does anyone know what can be done in getting those media files back up or unhidden. any suggestions will be most grateful. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hephhay: 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2013
hephhay:
Mobile as in.Im using window 7,i will try it when light comes back.thanks
its operating system is intel atom,we dont have light since.but unfortunately,when i on the pc now it says "window failed to start,a recent hardware or hardware change might be the cause a;insert windoow installation disc & restart".but when i inserted the disc i found inside the carton it did nt say anything.bros pls can i do now?.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hephhay: 6:12am On Jun 05, 2013
hephhay:
its operating system is intel atom,we dont have light since.but unfortunately,when i on the pc now it says "window failed to start,a recent hardware or hardware change might be the cause a;insert windoow installation disc & restart".but when i inserted the disc i found inside the carton it did nt say anything.bros pls can i do now?.
Pls help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:42am On Jun 05, 2013
dridowu: hello, please i have a serious situation at hand. i tried synchronizing files on my bb with my brothers laptop, i didn't know the laptop had viruses in it. in the process the media files i stored on the phone device got hidden. i have tried really hard to unlock the files because i was able to trace where they were been hidden and tried unlocking them through the use of the explore menu options on the media icon but i cant seem to unlock the files. please does anyone know what can be done in getting those media files back up or unhidden. any suggestions will be most grateful. thanks
very simple..just make sure u try these methods on another system..i guess the folders have been turned into shortcuts.

METHOD 1:just find a clean system wit a strong up-to-date antivirus(kaspersky) then scan your memory card..it would automatically r.
or
METHOD 2: on a clean system
1. Open Command Prompt (Start, Run, "cmd" )
2. type the drive name(eg E: )
3. at the prompt E:\
Type attrib -h -s /S /D *.*

4..lastly type del *.lnk (it would delete all the shortcuts links)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:54am On Jun 05, 2013
error
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:55am On Jun 05, 2013
hephhay:
Pls help me out
you get the error only after you install the latest Windows Updates and reboot your computer. To fix this, follow the steps below:
Method 1: Use the Last Known Good Configuration to start Windows
When starting the PC using the Last Known Good Configuration, your computer starts with the configuration from the last time your PC booted successfully. To do this, follow these steps:

As your computer starts, press and hold the F8 button just before the Windows logo appears.
On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration (advanced), and then press Enter. Windows will start normally.

If you still can't boot into Windows sucessfully, proceed to Method 2..
Method 2: Use the Startup Repair feature
Startup Repair can detect and fix certain types of system problems that might prevent Windows from starting.
To run Startup Repair using preinstalled recovery options:
Restart your computer.on startup, press and hold the F8 key.
On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter.
Select a keyboard layout, and then click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair, and then follow the on screen instructions.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hephhay: 7:09am On Jun 05, 2013
sameolg616:
you get the error only after you install the latest Windows Updates and reboot your computer. To fix this, follow the steps below:
Method 1: Use the Last Known Good Configuration to start Windows
When starting the PC using the Last Known Good Configuration, your computer starts with the configuration from the last time your PC booted successfully. To do this, follow these steps:

As your computer starts, press and hold the F8 button just before the Windows logo appears.
On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration (advanced), and then press Enter. Windows will start normally.

If you still can't boot into Windows sucessfully, proceed to Method 2..
Method 2: Use the Startup Repair feature
Startup Repair can detect and fix certain types of system problems that might prevent Windows from starting.
To run Startup Repair using preinstalled recovery options:
Restart your computer.on startup, press and hold the F8 key.
On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter.
Select a keyboard layout, and then click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair, and then follow the on screen instructions.
Thanks bros,i did that but it did nt work.is now displaying 0xc000000e,any idea?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 7:20am On Jun 05, 2013
hephhay:
Thanks bros,i did that but it did nt work.is now displaying 0xc000000e,any idea?
what wer u installing previously..a hardware is conflicting possibly ur hard disk..call me now on 08061679732..im really tired of typing..
the error code is the same as what you previously wrote..
also,these 2 errors are possible
The Windows Boot Manager (Bootmgr) entry is not present in the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store.
The Boot\BCD file on the active partition is damaged or missing.
the fix aint something you would be able to follow..
the closest and easiest to follow is to use ur windows recovery disk or windows 7 installation disk but u have to be careful so u dont overwrite/erase the previous installation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by barbarahambly(f): 9:40am On Jun 05, 2013
No its not joking if your system show Afghanistan IP means you change your IP address....

Hire Joomla Developers|Joomla programmer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hammedkola(m): 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
I need microsoft word password remover or recovery so urgently

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (1234) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.