Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,916 members, 7,973,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:45 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1340823 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (1234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ChuksMail(m): 8:48pm On May 27, 2013
Pls can I repair a damaged laptop hard drive? with very important files to be recovered, someone pls reply..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 27, 2013
M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ boss... Please help me, I have a pavillion DV5000

Yesterday I finished watching Boston legal with M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ lappy, I then force shut it down, this evening when I tried to power on it wouldn't go past the intel screen. BIOS isn't working, everything just hangs, please what can I do.

I know for sure that the system is on because the fans whirs and all the lights show. I have tried hard reset and all like removing the batter...

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Andriodking: 6:38am On May 28, 2013
Ravenwolf: M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ boss... Please help me, I have a pavillion DV5000

Yesterday I finished watching Boston legal with M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ lappy, I then force shut it down, this evening when I tried to power on it wouldn't go past the intel screen. BIOS isn't working, everything just hangs, please what can I do.

I know for sure that the system is on because the fans whirs and all the lights show. I have tried hard reset and all like removing the batter...

Thanks.

since its is HP u are lucky....press d power botton. Immediately press d "esc" key,as ur system starts then Press F11 (system recovery) if it wount work that means it will show u option where u can use Safe mode,
internet or
start window normally,,
then choose d SAFE MODE... When it on's den restart again ,,,i hope it will work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:24am On May 28, 2013
Andriodking:

since its is HP u are lucky....press d power botton. Immediately press d "esc" key,as ur system starts then Press F11 (system recovery) if it wount work that means it will show u option where u can use Safe mode,
internet or
start window normally,,
then choose d SAFE MODE... When it on's den restart again ,,,i hope it will work

The Thing is that it goes to system recovery but it doesnt do anything again afterwards..... just freezes in place there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:39am On May 28, 2013
Ravenwolf:

The Thing is that it goes to system recovery but it doesnt do anything again afterwards..... just freezes in place there.

Given Andriodking diagnostics, restart as normal and keep pressing f8
choose last known good config, if no joy f8 on restart and choose
the repair your computer automatic option, then test it. If that option
is not available restart and keep pressing f10 for bios go to diagnostics
and select hard drive test and let us know the status code or error code

Could you please that opportunity to check the main section of the bios and
tell us the memory installed, e.g 2 or 4gb

@Andriodking wellcome onboard and we would all like to read from you
from time to time. please join us to provide impeccable technical support.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:49am On May 28, 2013
Raymonbell:

yes in osun state

I would advice that you check the hp website for an update to
the wireless adapter. use google to find out how you can get to device
manager on your laptop to find out the current version of your wireless adaptor
then compare it to the one on the hp website

some hp models are known to have a problem
connecting to WiFi. search your laptop model on hp website
read the wireless update and bios before deciding. always read the
small print before downloading anything. very paramount !

Owing to other factors it can be hard
to diagnose a wireless problem in Nigeria. Best bet is to
contact an engineer where you live

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:57am On May 28, 2013
d_myke:

Ok. Is it possible to salvage any data from the hard drive?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Given sameolg616 advice on : 11:26pm On May 26 I'd advice that you
get a usb enclosure from a shop and connect to another computer
through a usb cable and click start on the other computer, then my
computer if xp or computer if vista or windows 7 then click your
hard drive and navigate to the necessary section where your data is
kept. given the amounts of data you current have, you may need an external
hard drive or a usb stick to save the date or to the host computer.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:59am On May 28, 2013
onegig: ok...where ?osogbo? re download the lateat wireless driver

I beg your pardon onegig, didn't realize you've already replied..

cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:30am On May 28, 2013
Andriodking:

internet or
start window normally,,
First and foremost bring out your RAM and wipe it properly and replaces it and Reset your hard disk very well in its bay. Then try and do what the other guys prescribed to you before.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:09am On May 28, 2013
deji2009:

I beg your pardon onegig, didn't realize you've already replied..

cheesy

No wahala bro. We are all working to help others.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 12:20pm On May 28, 2013
Pls sm shd help me o, i on my laptop ds morni, d laptop on but d screen did not come up. I mean d screen remain total black as if i off my laptop. Pls what can i do ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 28, 2013
dridowu: Pls sm shd help me o, i on my laptop ds morni, d laptop on but d screen did not come up. I mean d screen remain total black as if i off my laptop. Pls what can i do ?
It could be your RAM has gone bad or dirty. It could be the graphic adapter is bad. Or it could be that the screen is faulty, etc.

First replace the RAM to see if it works and if it doesn't work then look for a computer tech to help you with the solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 12:47pm On May 28, 2013
all4naija: It could be your RAM has gone bad or dirty. It could be the graphic adapter is bad. Or it could be that the screen is faulty, etc.

First replace the RAM to see if it works and if it doesn't work then look for a computer tech to help you with the solution.
thanks boss, i will do dat when i get home
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skelel: 2:55pm On May 28, 2013
My mcafee Internet security jst expired. Need to pay via PayPal or credit card. Who can help me with this...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raymonbell(m): 6:42pm On May 28, 2013
Onegig and deji thank you i will check it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Andriodking: 7:00pm On May 28, 2013
Ravenwolf:

well i have seen dis wahala before ...in my opinion u have only one solution left...put ur window cd and boot with cd,,and boot with cd, i hope u can do dat.. den while installing use upgrage in that case it will not format ur harddisk it will only cary ur previous window to windows old in ur C drive..den use ur external harddisk and ur files through that windows old...if i dont understand any of these pls meet computer engr around ur area for help so that u wount damage ur laptop...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 28, 2013
all4naija: It could be your RAM has gone bad or dirty. It could be the graphic adapter is bad. Or it could be that the screen is faulty, etc.

Please how can I locate my RAM?

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 28, 2013
Ravenwolf:

Please how can I locate my RAM?

Thanks.
1. Unscrew the RAM compartment at the back of your system

2. Remove the RAM from the bay and clean the connector.If it is bad replace it with a new. There are usually two slots for you RAM. Make sure both RAMs are checked if you have two in there.

3. A video clip on how to do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt6dsYTP9YA

You can read more on how to do that from this LINK
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:19pm On May 28, 2013
all4naija: 1. Unscrew the RAM compartment at the back of your system

2. Remove the RAM from the bay and clean the connector.If it is bad replace it with a new. There are usually two slots for you RAM. Make sure both RAMs are checked if you have two in there.

3. A video clip on how to do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt6dsYTP9YA

You can read more on how to do that from this LINK
just ask him to take it to a technician>>>>dint u just read "how do i locate my ram?".the video tutorial u just shared may not be exactly the same as his own..some ram memories are located onboard or somewhere deep.
besides,what that tutorial dint show is,taking out your battery..should the system accidentally come on while the battery is inside and the ram removed...you will fry the system
now let
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:44pm On May 28, 2013
Ravenwolf: M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ boss... Please help me, I have a pavillion DV5000

Thanks.
let me give a simple illustration of how a hard drive works..
lets assume that the disk in your hard drive is a CEILING FAN or DVD.the moment u switch on your system,it starts spinning..data is referenced(read/write) while its spinning and its blowing desired cool air..by default,you are expected to de- accelerate from speed 5 to 0 to stop it(ie normal shutdown).instead,you find a strong rod or object and insert into the spinning fan(force shut down) and abruptly stop it..the next time you try to switch on the fan,try and notice the little but severe damage you may have done to the fan(the edges of the blade may be blunt or it may start making some funny noises)..the blunt or funny noise is what is referred to as BAD SECTORS..so when next your windows starts up,you processor finds it really difficult to read or write data from that sector thus making the system unstable or hangs.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 28, 2013
sameolg616:
just ask him to take it to a technician>>>>dint u just read "how do i locate my ram?".the video tutorial u just shared may not be exactly the same as his own..some ram memories are located onboard or somewhere deep.
besides,what that tutorial dint show is,taking out your battery..should the system accidentally come on while the battery is inside and the ram removed...you will fry the system
now let
Lol... I think you are very funny!It is not a rocket science to replace a RAM. I think his kind of HP is not different from the others with the RAM at the back. Even a 5 years old can do that if told how to.

The truth is that it would be nice sometimes to do things you can do on your own before seeing tech for what is likely techy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:00am On May 29, 2013
Andriodking:

well i have seen dis wahala before ...in my opinion u have only one solution left...put ur window cd and boot with cd,,and boot with cd, i hope u can do dat.. den while installing use upgrage in that case it will not format ur harddisk it will only cary ur previous window to windows old in ur C drive..den use ur external harddisk and ur files through that windows old...if i dont understand any of these pls meet computer engr around ur area for help so that u wount damage ur laptop...
no offence dude..that option is quite longer and needless...why?u may wan ask ..
when you have the windows old c..you will have to start re-installing all the applications..one frustrating application you may even encounter is MICROSOFT OUTLOOK..The authentication process changes immediately and the location of the data file has to be migrated.(i once worked with an airline so just imagine that scenario in networked environment where every1 is working in real-time)you will need to act fast and effective..
here is always my solution:
i would simply regenerate the hard drive..meaning,the software would move all the data outta the bad sector to a healthy sector and mark it as BAD if it cant be fixed..
or u can try BADE's solution(my former colleague)
he inserts windows cd,chooses repair and inside the recovery console,he types:
CHKDSK /f or /p or /r
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:18am On May 29, 2013
all4naija: Lol... I think you are very funny!It is not a rocket science to replace a RAM. I think his kind of HP is not different from the others with the RAM at the back. Even a 5 years old can do that if told how to.

The truth is that it would be nice sometimes to do things you can do on your own before seeing tech for what is likely techy.
DIY atimes comes with heavy consequences...so i doubt if ur 5yr old would get it on the 1st try..some of these tins come with not just constant practice but a lil technical know how..
are you aware that little charges from your hand(static electricity)is enough to damage your motherboard by just touching it..it has happened to me before.
here is an article you can read:[b]
Avoid Static Damage to Your PCIf you're upgrading your PC, static electricity can cause real damage. But a few precautions can protect sensitive electronics.Stan Miastkowski, special to PCWorld.com

All of us are familiar with walking across a rug, reaching out to touch a doorknob, and getting zapped by a charge of static electricity, what's technically known as electrostatic discharge, or ESD. For most of us, it's annoying; for some, dangerous (fireworks and explosive makers have to take special precautions to avoid static sparks); and for the sensitive electronics inside a PC, static can be a computer-killer.

For most day-to-day PC use, static isn't much of a problem, but the chances of problems go way up if you pop open your computer's case to add RAM, upgrade your CPU or hard drive, or plug in a new sound card or graphics.

A little background: Static electricity is much more common than you might think, and most of it is created by a process called triboelectrification, when two materials touch (your fingers and your PC keyboard, for example) and then move apart or rub. Electrons are exchanged, and one object becomes electrically positive; the other electrically negative. When you touch another object with an opposite charge, or a ground (neutral charge), electrons flow.[/b][i][/i]
source:[url][/url]http://www.pcworld.com/article/82184/article.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:24am On May 29, 2013
ChuksMail: Pls can I repair a damaged laptop hard drive? with very important files to be recovered, someone pls reply..
DISASTER RECOVERY is what i do best..if the hard drive is not physically damaged..God be with us,it would be recovered!for now,avoid formatting it..it diminishes the chances of recovery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:25am On May 29, 2013
sameolg616:
DIY atimes comes with heavy consequences...so i doubt if ur 5yr old would get it on the 1st try..some of these tins come with not just constant practice but a lil technical know how..
are you aware that little charges from your hand(static electricity)is enough to damage your motherboard by just touching it..it has happened to me before.
here is an article you can read:[b]
Avoid Static Damage to Your PCIf you're upgrading your PC, static electricity can cause real damage. But a few precautions can protect sensitive electronics.Stan Miastkowski, special to PCWorld.com

All of us are familiar with walking across a rug, reaching out to touch a doorknob, and getting zapped by a charge of static electricity, what's technically known as electrostatic discharge, or ESD. For most of us, it's annoying; for some, dangerous (fireworks and explosive makers have to take special precautions to avoid static sparks); and for the sensitive electronics inside a PC, static can be a computer-killer.

For most day-to-day PC use, static isn't much of a problem, but the chances of problems go way up if you pop open your computer's case to add RAM, upgrade your CPU or hard drive, or plug in a new sound card or graphics.

A little background: Static electricity is much more common than you might think, and most of it is created by a process called triboelectrification, when two materials touch (your fingers and your PC keyboard, for example) and then move apart or rub. Electrons are exchanged, and one object becomes electrically positive; the other electrically negative. When you touch another object with an opposite charge, or a ground (neutral charge), electrons flow.[/b]
source:[url][/url]http://www.pcworld.com/article/82184/article.html
Lol... It is clear you are new in the whole tech thing. There is nothing advanced about replacing a RAM. If the replacement didn't work he can send it to the tech. That is it. This is a very DIY thing, my friend.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:27am On May 29, 2013
d_myke:

Ok. Is it possible to salvage any data from the hard drive?
im sorry for the late response...call me on 08061679732..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:35am On May 29, 2013
all4naija: Lol... It is clear you are new in the whole tech thing. There is nothing advanced about replacing a RAM. If the replacement didn't work he can send it to the tech. That is it. This is a very DIY thing, my friend.
nawa o..this is another 1G in the making but u sound more like 512mb..assess the conversation and derive the information(moderator,i think its high time you included LANGUAGE SELECT so maybe we can communicate to some pple in yoruba,igbo,hausa or PIDGIN)..did i say replacing a ram was advanced?i only pointed out what the tutorial dint show and stated the possible things that may go wrong.
you may have been changing rams for years but may not even know the hazards involved..as i say:just cuz it works doesnt mean its right!

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:38am On May 29, 2013
sameolg616:
nawa o..this is another 1G in the making but u sound more like 512mb..assess the conversation and derive the information(moderator,i think its high time you included LANGUAGE SELECT so maybe we can communicate to some pple in yoruba,igbo,hausa or PIDGIN)..did i say replacing a ram was advanced?i only pointed out what the tutorial dint show and stated the possible things that may go wrong.
you may have been changing rams for years but may not even know the hazards involved..as i say:just cuz it works doesnt mean its right!
PLEASE, you are annoying. Don't quote me again.

Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:55am On May 29, 2013
all4naija: PLEASE, you are annoying. Don't quote me again.

Thank you.
dude,maintain your composure..i was just messing with u..this an open forum where your comments or suggestions can and will always be challenged.and truthfully u cant really control what people say or think else u just ignore them.if you are gettin worked up by just a virtual user like me then what would u do with live customers.i deal with all kinds of customers everyday and i prepare myself for them cuz some are dumb,ignorant,troublemakers and in some cases,just looking for someone to blame.no matter what,the show must go on!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 1:31am On May 29, 2013
Skelel: My mcafee Internet security jst expired. Need to pay via PayPal or credit card. Who can help me with this...

Thank your stars it expired. Now, go get either AVG, Avast or Avira as they are all free and better options.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ChuksMail(m): 3:46am On May 29, 2013
sameolg616:
DISASTER RECOVERY is what i do best..if the hard drive is not physically damaged..God be with us,it would be recovered!for now,avoid formatting it..it diminishes the chances of recovery

When I used and external hard disk casing to access the files on another system it asked me to format but I did not. Pls how do i do the recovery, are you specialized in it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (1234) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.