Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,977 members, 7,980,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 04:12 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (68333 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
sirwebs:

@ Sauron, can u put your money where your (filthy) mouth is? Talk is cheap man.

I have never lost a BET on Nairaland.
Arsenal will finish FIFTH. . . . .There's an air of inevitability about it.
I also expect Cesc to leave in January.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

They will have a brilliant start until January when their season tumbles down.

I actually think it's the other way around. . .If they have a good start they'll win the league (barring some terribly series of injuries). Arsenal is an awesome team when thing are going right. . .confidence, momentum, morale, it really does sumn to them. . .its when they hit major hurdles they fall apart. . .that winnin mentality to just give that extra 10%, that "fukc u, we're winnin this shit even if it kills us " mentality. . .they ain't got that
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2009
presido1:

You are not far from it. Don't be suprise when we see Spurs or Villa/Everton b4 Arsenal.
@Presido
We won't be surprised sef to see Arsenal battling relegation undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2009
Krayola2:

Yaya signed a new contract at the start of the off season. . .His salary was doubled.

He wasn't a DM when we signed him, and his new found fame has come from that role, which Rijkaard gave him at Barca. He had actually gone on some kind of trial at Arsenal a while ago and Wenger passed on an opportunity to sign him.

He proved himself and he now earns what he deserves. Barca pays players very well if they are worth it, but we don't just go throwing ridiculous salaries at players. We learned from what happened with Saviola. . . .We couldn't get rid of him for like 4 seasons cause no one would match his salary and he refused to leave.
dat saviola situation was just ridiculus. It reminded of winston bograde. Yep he wasn't a true dm when he joined however he played that role quite a few times during he stay @ olympiakos.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2009
Krayola2:

I actually think it's the other way around. . .If they have a good start they'll win the league (barring some terribly series of injuries). Arsenal is an awesome team when thing are going right. . .confidence, momentum, morale, it really does sumn to them. . .its when they hit major hurdles they fall apart. . .that winnin mentality to just give that extra 10%, that "mess u, we're winnin this shit even if it kills us " mentality. . .they ain't got that

Arsenal rarely start badly in the EPL. . . . . .Your theory of if they have a good start = EPL is kinda myopic.
Win what? In the same league with Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd? U gotta be kidding me.
If the FA give Arsenal 10 points head-start, they won't win the EPL.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2009
U peeps are now making a mockery of ur predictions . Not only would man city finish above arsenal, u are now predicting spurs,villa and everton would also finish above the gunners. While we are @ it why not predict stoke,blackburn,sunderland and the three promoted clubs as well. May I even add newcastle and middlesbrough jumping from the championship and finishing above them. *kiss ma teeth*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:46pm On Aug 11, 2009
chic2pimp:

*kiss ma teeth*

I have always known you are a flaming gay.
U are asking a man to kiss your teeth?
What a tyke!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

I have always known you are a flaming gay.
U are asking a man to kiss your teeth?
What a tyke!!!
it takes a gay to know another gay. Suponu.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by presido1: 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2009
HNIC:

@Presido
We won't be surprised sef to see Arsenal battling relegation undecided
My Man how far naw? You are very close to the truth as well.
The season starts this weekend and you have one of the potential 4th place contenders to start with.
Its not gonna be easy although you will not lose and they will not lose either. You know what that mean?
You gonna find urself at the middle of the table on day one which is not Arsenal like. The previous seasons
you always start at the top and finish 3 places below the top now you gonna find yourself at the middle you will finish 3 or 4 places above the middle.
Bookmark this post.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2009
chic2pimp:

it takes a gay to know another gay. Suponu.

Admit it. . . .Youse a gay!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

I have never lost a BET on Nairaland.
Arsenal will finish FIFTH. . . . .There's an air of inevitability about it.
I also expect Cesc to leave in January.
The only way Cesc will leave in January is if he is kidnapped by some insurgents!
and taken away to Spain
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 4:58pm On Aug 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

Arsenal rarely start badly in the EPL. . . . . .Your theory of if they have a good start = EPL is kinda myopic.

wow. . .u amaze me sometimes. It's like u're so eager to say stuff, u dont even think it thru.
I said nothing about Arsenal having a bad start to the season. NOTHING.
I said IF they start off well and avoid major injuries (2 separate premises, that work together to support my conclusion), they will go on to win the league (a position open to debate, that was the point)
You took the direct opposite of one of my premises (something  I never implied) and tried to use that to object to my argument
Come on, now, Sauron. . .wsup wit dat?  

~Sauron~:

Win what? In the same league with Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd? U gotta be kidding me.
If the FA give Arsenal 10 points head-start, they won't win the EPL.

Manchester united is not winning a single trophy this season. Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool will slug it out. Man U is goin to have a mini crisis. . .these things are cyclical, its ur turn now  wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2009
presido1:

My Man how far naw? You are very close to the truth as well.
The season starts this weekend and you have one of the potential 4th place contenders to start with.
Its not gonna be easy although you will not lose and they will not lose either. You know what that mean?
You gonna find urself at the middle of the table on day one which is not Arsenal like. The previous seasons
you always start at the top and finish 3 places below the top now you gonna find yourself at the middle you will finish 3 or 4 places above the middle.
Bookmark this post.
Trust,
I will bookmark it. . . . .
But if we still had Kolo and Ade, we would beat Everton abi?
Like Brashy says, bunch of Obertans grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by yousouph(m): 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2009
Sauron(the man who see the future) Man U will not win the league but will finish in top 4. This is our season of lifting EPL only if AW sign the right players and mostly injury free. Otherwise, we will finish in top 3.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2009
wow. . .u amaze me sometimes. It's like u're so eager to say stuff, u dont even think it thru.
I said IF they start of well and avoid major injuries (2 separate premises, that work together to support my conclusion), they will go on to win the league (a position open to debate, that was the point)
You took the direct opposite of one of my premises (something I never implied) and tried to use that to object to my argument

Manchester united is not winning a single trophy this season. Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool will slug it out. Man U is goin to have a mini crisis. . .these things are cyclical, its ur turn now wink

oga stop playing smart here
anybody can say what u have said
Any of the top four will win the league if they start well and avoid injuries
I dont need to go to the moon to know that

so what happens if they all start well and they all dont suffer injuries?
will Arsenal still win
NO

and whats with the Man United are not winning a single trophy? UTD in crisis?
and you call this footie analysis or some nay prophesies?
if footie analysis don tire you, go to religion and slug it out with davidylan
that last paragraph has got no basis in footie
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2009
Krayola2:

I said IF they start off well and avoid major injuries (2 separate premises, that work together to support my conclusion), they will go on to win the league (a position open to debate, that was the point)
You took the direct opposite of one of my premises (something  I never implied) and tried to use that to object to my argument

If they start off well and AVOID MAJOR INJURIES. . . . .U are asking for a snowfall in Sokoto State.
Is it possible for a team to play week in week out for 10 months without copping major injuries?
You need to try better. . . . .Injury or not. . . .Arsenal lack the clout to win in the EPL.

Manchester united is not winning a single trophy this season. Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool will slug it out. Man U is goin to have a mini crisis. . .these things are cyclical, its ur turn now  wink

I laugh in Sudanese. grin
Chelsea are United's major threat this season and the game on Sunday has shown me there's no major difference.
If we had Vidic and VDS in goal, we woulda killed Chelski off. . . .

yousouph:

Sauron(the man who see the future) Man U will not win the league but will finish in top 4. This is our season of lifting EPL only if AW sign the right players and mostly injury free. Otherwise, we will finish in top 3.

I have been hearing the same schitzo for the past 3 seasons on Nairaland.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2009
Arsenal the team of next season. Next season never ends
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

If they start off well and AVOID MAJOR INJURIES. . . . .U are asking for a snowfall in Sokoto State.
Is it possible for a team to play week in week out for 10 months without copping major injuries?
You need to try better. . . . .Injury or not. . . .Arsenal lack the clout to win in the EPL.

haha. I don't mean Song , and Waloctt being out for 3 weeks. I mean like, Fab, AA23 and Clichy being out for like 7-8 weeks type scenario. Just a situation where the subs have to carry the team for an extended period of time. Thats what I'm worried about.

They need a very strong DM though.

Arsenal's 1st team, provided they get a good start, build some momentum and confidence, can rip any team apart no problemo.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2009
lolx. . . . i don laff tyre  grin grin grin

like play like play. . . MAY will meet us well.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

Admit it. . . .Youse a gay!!!
only if u admit u are a gay
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 5:27pm On Aug 11, 2009
Krayola2:

haha. I don't mean Song , and Waloctt being out for 3 weeks. I mean like, Fab, AA23 and Clichy being out for like 7-8 weeks type scenario. Just a situation where the subs have to carry the team for an extended period of time. Thats what I'm worried about.

United lost Hargreaves last season. . . . . .I cannot even begin to stress the importance of Hargo in that team.
He is a multi-positional player which any team would miss but his absence did not stop United from winning.
Arsene Wenger is an idiot. . . .I dunno how he intends to win a league as tough as the EPL with 13 quality players.

They need a very strong DM though.

If you know their problem, Wenger should also know but is he fixing it? Hell no.
Don't be surprised he might sell Song to Hull next week.

Arsenal's 1st team, provided they get a good start, build some momentum and confidence, can rip any team apart no problemo.

Don't let your undying love for the GAYnners becloud your judgement.
Their first team were beaten HOME and AWAY by United in the CL.
That was the 3rd time in recent years an English club took the GAYnners to the cleaners.

Chelsea did it to the invincibles in 2004.
Liverpool murked em in 2008.
United demolished em in 2009.

Coincidence or Arsenal's mediocrity?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by presido1: 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2009
dayokanu:

How can next season end? after next season another next season comes close.

yousouph:

We keep on reading this "If" from you guys season after season. Is like "if and next season" is synonymous with Arsenal.  
You can't play week in week out without injury thats why GOOD managers chose to have a big squad to rotate his players and give them rest. But AW see that as waste of money.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
Arsenal's 1st team, provided they get a good start, build some momentum and confidence, can rip any team apart no problemo
1) The started well last season and especially season b4 the last
2) Of course they built momentum cos they led for many months 2 seasons back
3) Arsenal have never lacked confidence so why are they still trophyless in years?

ur theories cannot be subjected to any empirical testing
simply put, beer parlour analysis
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
tkb417:

oga stop playing smart here
anybody can say what u have said
Any of the top four will win the league if they start well and avoid injuries
I dont need to go to the moon to know that
so what happens if they all start well and they all dont suffer injuries?
will Arsenal still win

Compare ARsenal's bench to Chelsea and Liverpool. The point is not about the injuries, but the quality of the replacements.

tkb417:

and whats with the Man United are not winning a single trophy? UTD in crisis?
and you call this footie analysis or some nay prophesies?

U're a Man U fan, abi? ok. . . e be like say e dey pepper ur yansh. Nothin for una this season. If u no like am go jump inside river!!

tkb417:

if footie analysis don tire you, go to religion and slug it out with davidylan
that last paragraph has got no basis in footie

haha. . .that religon section don tire me mehn. Na crazy place!

That clubs have ups and downs is just historical fact, and has all sorts of basis in footie. If u have a counter argument, make it. We're all here to debate stuff. But this nonsense posturing u're tryin to do is fukn ridiculous. I no get time to dey fight people up and down but if na dat one u dey find me I no dey run. .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 5:41pm On Aug 11, 2009
tkb417:

1) The started well last season and especially season b4 the last

Arsenal started horribly last season, and then lost their major players for a while

tkb417:

2) Of course they built momentum cos they led for many months 2 seasons back

Till Eduardo got crippled, Clichy gave away a dumb penalty, the challengers put up a real fight, and Arsenal crumbled. They're only strong when everything is going smoothly. . .they can't tough it thru the hard times. When the goin gets tough, the tough get going. SO far, everything u have stated is consistent with my position

tkb417:

3) Arsenal have never lacked confidence so why are they still trophyless in years?
ur theories cannot be subjected to any empirical testing
How can u contradict urself in two sentences, one right after the other. How did u emperically test for their confidence levels?

I actually thought u were on to something. U're just another blowhard-doofus. Abeg comot Jare.

tkb417:

simply put, beer parlour analysis

said the guy that thinks Arsenal started off well last season, and that their bench is on par with Chelsea and Man U. Please ignore my posts from here on. Thank u
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 5:42pm On Aug 11, 2009
dayokanu:

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy. Give wengay man united or chelsea's budget, dis guy would win the treble every other season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2009
Krayola2:

Compare ARsenal's bench to Chelsea and Liverpool. The point is not about the injuries, but the qualities of the replacements.

So it's Liverpool's fault that Arsene Wenger's squad lacks quality?
We have been hearing this same excuse for the past 4 seasons.

U're a Man U fan, abi? ok. . . e be like say e dey pepper ur yansh. Nothin for una this season. If u no like am go jump inside river

Keep on repeating it will not make it come to pass.
United are stronger than Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

That clubs have ups and downs is just historical fact, and has all sorts of basis in footie. If u have a counter argument, make it. We're all here to debate stuff. But this nonsense posturing u're tryin to do is fukn ridiculous. I no get time to dey fight people up and down but if na dat one u dey find me I no dey run. .

Wenger is tactically inept.
He cannot outlast his major rivals in 38 league games.

Till Eduardo got crippled, Clichy gave away a dumb penalty, the challengers put up a real fight, and Arsenal crumbled. They're only strong when everything is going smoothly. . .they can't tough it thru the hard times. When the goin gets tough, the tough get going. SO far, everything u have stated is consistent with my position

Eduardo was fit when Nani and Fletcher raped Arsenal 4-0.
Stop using Eduardo's injury as an excuse. . . . .He was insignificant in that season against the big clubs.
You are using Clichy's dumb penalty as an excuse. . . . .Had Ronaldo scored his pen against the Hammers, United woulda opened a chunky gap that woulda made Clichy's penalty a no issue.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 5:46pm On Aug 11, 2009
Krayola2:

Arsenal started horribly last season, and then lost their major players for a while

Till Eduardo got crippled, Clichy gave away a dumb penalty, the challengers put up a real fight, and Arsenal crumbled. They're only strong when everything is going smoothly. . .they can't tough it thru the hard times. When the goin gets tough, the tough get going. SO far, everything u have stated is consistent with my positin
Hw can u contradict urself in two sentences, one right after the other. How did u emperically test for their confidence levels

I actually thought u knew what u were on to something. U're just another blowhard-doofus. Abeg comot Jare.

said the guy that thinks Arsenal started off well last season, and that there bench is on par with Chelsea and Man U. Please ignore my posts from here on. Thank u

chai, even with the amount of abusive words I have heard on NL, dis wan get as e bi oooo. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by yousouph(m): 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2009
Enough of this bashing of Arsenal cos we will change to show our undying love for the team. Bookmark this post. This is our season for trophy(ies). If not, am leaving Arsenal for GUNNERS.lol
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 5:50pm On Aug 11, 2009
Hw can u contradict urself in two sentences, one right after the other. How did u emperically test for their confidence levels

I actually thought u knew what u were on to something. U're just another blowhard-doofus. Abeg comot Jare.

ill still try to pass me mssg to ur thick skull, after this attempt, ill give you the correct dose of the treatment u need

1) u said if they maintain momentum and i told you they maintained that for so many months

2) if they built confidence?
I maintained, Arsenal are known as a club tht play with so much confidence on the field no matter the opposition.
where is the contradiction between maintaining momentum and being confident of urself?
what ailment are you suffering from? are you by any chance related to the 'shain' the madman in jibowu?

i insist, leave footie analysis for those with stable mental capacity
ode
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2009
said the guy that thinks Arsenal started off well last season, and that their bench is on par with Chelsea and Man U. Please ignore my posts from here on. Thank u
if last season is debatable, pick the season b4 the last.

Pick from my post where i said they have a bench compared to Chelsea and UTD?
if i sleepwalk, i wont make such a comment

ignore ur posts? hehehehe NL
stop posting rubbish or u self-service urself off to death at the sexuality sec
here its sports-footie
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

So it's Liverpool's fault that Arsene Wenger's squad lacks quality?
We have been hearing this same excuse for the past 4 seasons.

haha.  I'm not making excuses for Wenger. I'm just saying what I think needs to happen for Arsenal to have a good shot at the title. I agree that the team get as e be. But after all I support them so I still have to defend them from time to time.

~Sauron~:

Keep on repeating it will not make it come to pass.
United are stronger than Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Stronger, yes. . .But Barca was stronger than Villareal and they finished ahead f u 2 seasons ago. The stronger team doesn't always end up on top. They just have a better chance of ending up on top

~Sauron~:

Wenger is tactically inept.
He cannot outlast his major rivals in 38 league games.
Even if he were the best tactician in the world, he doesn't have the squad to make shit happen.

~Sauron~:

Eduardo was fit when Nani and Fletcher raped Arsenal 4-0.
Stop using Eduardo's injury as an excuse. . . . .He was insignificant in that season against the big clubs.
You are using Clichy's dumb penalty as an excuse. . . . .Had Ronaldo scored his pen against the Hammers, United woulda opened a chunky gap that woulda made Clichy's  penalty a no issue.

I'm not using it as an excuse for Arsenals, failures. . .

As at that game Arsenal topped the table. . . after that series of unfortunate events, their season took a turn fr the worse. . .so, what I'm saying is that my ingenious theories has survived ur barrage of objections.   wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (100)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / PSG Vs Barcelona : UCL (4 - 0) On 14th February 2016 / Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Europa League (2 - 1) On 16th August 2020

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.