Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,959 members, 7,980,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 02:55 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (68328 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2009
Anyone who believes the rubbish coming out of the Catalonian press must be retarded. It is a running story every summer that Cesc would be useful to Barca and he should be signed, and for the next 3 years at least, the story will still continue in the current format. Cesc is not leaving Arsenal in the next two seasons at a minimum - that I'm sure of.

The naysayers will continue to do their thing, I am not surprised. Anyone believing 'txiki has initiated talks' is off his rocker - no such thing has happened.

IF Barca is not ready to cough up 50m pounds, they shouldn't even pick up the phone.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2009
HNIC:

You should have put this grin after the above statement[b].You are still trying desperately to make everyone laugh.
Keep trying[/b] tongue
leave me alone jor tongue cool let me try well well cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2009
@ HNIC,

Are you sure players can wear jersey number 52 in the EPL?
I think the FA don't allow anything more than 50. . . . . .Bendtner must be an idiot.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2009
debosky:

Anyone who believes the rubbish coming out of the Catalonian press must be retarded. It is a running story every summer that Cesc would be useful to Barca and he should be signed, and for the next 3 years at least, the story will still continue in the current format. Cesc is not leaving Arsenal in the next two seasons at a minimum - that I'm sure of.

hahahah. . .Just like the Henry saga, abi?. . .I remember Henry swearing he would never play in Spain cause Arsenal and the EPL are the best thing since sliced bread. Guess who won the treble last year wearing blaugrana. . . Money talks and bullshit walks at the end of the day. . .quit being so sentimental  grin

Barca don`t want to pay more tha 30mil. . .Arsene said he won't even consider any offer less than 45mil. And if u think any Barca kid will turn down a chance to play for this Barca team, u are the one living on fantasy island. . . I'm sure he loves Arsenal, and he probably won't leave, but that doesn't mean there isn't any truth to the story. 

Besides we don't even need him. . . It'll just be nice to have our boy back home

hers is a quote from the article. It is a shitty translation but it quotes Txiki basically saying we won't pay how much they are asking

"The last day of the tour of Barcelona by the United States before taking the flight home, Txiki Begiristain announced that "we have to decide if Cesc invest much money in their recruitment, but we have to asked him to Arsenal". Barca have already been asked and addressed directly to the 'Gunners' to ask the price of Arenys. And yes. Again Begiristain was right. Will make much money to bring the kid that was formed in the quarry Barca back to Barcelona. As much as 45 million. That is the price that Arsène Wenger has asked to start negotiating."
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2009
krayola so u fit understand and speak catolania cool cool cool.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2009
chic2pimp:

krayola so u fit understand and speak catolania cool cool cool.

at all o. .na google language translator i dey use. I'm takin an intro spanish course next term tho . .i gotta get my "ole" on
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2009
Krayola2:

hahahah. . .Just like the Henry saga, abi?. . .I remember Henry swearing he would never play in Spain cause Arsenal and the EPL are the best thing since sliced bread. Guess who won the treble last year wearing blaugrana. . . Money talks and bullshit walks at the end of the day. . .quit being so sentimental  grin
First of all there are no comparisons to Henry - he had won all he could win at Arsenal and was at the tail end of his career - all he wanted was the CL so he moved. At the time he moved AW's contract was in question so at 29 he had to make a final career move and he did it. No one said Arsenal is the best thing in any place, all I've said is that Cesc will not leave for at least 2 seasons - quote me on that anywhere.

Barca don`t want to pay more tha 30mil. . .Arsene said he won't even consider any offer less than 45mil. And if u think any Barca kid will turn down a chance to play for this Barca team, u are the one living on fantasy island. . . I'm sure he loves Arsenal, and he probably won't leave, but that doesn't mean there isn't any truth to the story. 

There is no truth to the story - it comes up EVERY YEAR and is constantly rehashed by the Catalunya press. Cesc has turned down numerous chances and will do so again this season - he cannot displace Xavi, Iniesta or Messi in the current side so what would he do? Go play on the bench? He's definitely bigger than that so the move will not happen at present.

Besides we don't even need him. . . It'll just be nice to have our boy back home

You don't need him, but without any 'marquee' signing save for Ibra who is highly questionable, you might need someone to pacify your fans who feel gazumped by Real in the current window.

hers is a quote from the article. It is a shitty translation but it quotes Txiki basically saying we won't pay how much they are asking

"The last day of the tour of Barcelona by the United States before taking the flight home, Txiki Begiristain announced that "we have to decide if Cesc invest much money in their recruitment, but we have to asked him to Arsenal". Barca have already been asked and addressed directly to the 'Gunners' to ask the price of Arenys. And yes. Again Begiristain was right. Will make much money to bring the kid that was formed in the quarry Barca back to Barcelona. As much as 45 million. That is the price that Arsène Wenger has asked to start negotiating."
This is a load of unconsolidated bollocks - the watery and slimy kind. grin No truth, no contact, NOTHING. The Barca will bring up the matter of Cesc anytime they have no other transfer targets to speak of. Nothing more.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2009
debosky:

First of all there are no comparisons to Henry - he had won all he could win at Arsenal and was at the tail end of his career - all he wanted was the CL so he moved. At the time he moved AW's contract was in question so at 29 he had to make a final career move and he did it. No one said Arsenal is the best thing in any place, all I've said is that Cesc will not leave for at least 2 seasons - quote me on that anywhere.

You never said that, I never said u did. . .Henry said sumn to that effect after Arsenal lost the CL finals.

debosky:

There is no truth to the story - it comes up EVERY YEAR and is constantly rehashed by the Catalunya press.

Just like the Henry story, right?. . . If the story claimed that a Cesc move was imminent, then u would be right. . .But all the story says is that we are interested, have contacted Arsenal, and won`t pay what they are asking.  I don`t see anything so ridiculous about that.  I`ve already said over again that it probably won`t happen, abi?  grin grin

debosky:

You don't need him, but without any 'marquee' signing save for Ibra who is highly questionable, you might need someone to pacify your fans who feel gazumped by Real in the current window.

We are too busy polishing 3 trophies to be jealous of Madrid. . .  wink

Next year is election year so Cesc is probably goin to be used as bait to get voters. It's next transfer window you should be worried about. . . but then u guys will just make a lot of money so it won't be so bad

debosky:

This is a load of unconsolidated bollocks - the watery and slimy kind.  grin No truth, no contact, NOTHING. The Barca will bring up the matter of Cesc anytime they have no other transfer targets to speak of. Nothing more.

lol. . .Barca doesn't talk shit. . .that is Madrid's job. But the spanish press does. . .so i know they ain't the most credible of sources. But the fact still remains that If we are willing to pay up, Cesc will leave. He just isn't a priority. . .we're after Mascherano too
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 7:03pm On Aug 12, 2009
Krayola2:

at all o. .na google language translator i dey use. I'm takin an intro spanish course next term tho . .i gotta get my "ole" on
oh i see cool cool. Is the rumour from EL MUNDO OR MARCA
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by FBS: 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2009
debosky:

First of all there are no comparisons to Henry - he had won all he could win at Arsenal and was at the tail end of his career - all he wanted was the CL so he moved. At the time he moved AW's contract was in question so at 29 he had

@HNIC, I want you to counter this. You claimed he left MAINLY because of family matters.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by biina: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2009
If Arsenal fail to make it through to the CL group phase or miss out on the CL spots, Cesc would leave next summer. Even if he doesnt want to, he will be sold to raise money.
Him going to Barca is less likely as he would be on the bench behind Xavi (Barca cant put 30M on the bench). Milan would be the likely destination.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2009
biina:

If Arsenal fail to make it through to the CL group phase or miss out on the CL spots, Cesc would leave next summer. Even if he doesnt want to, he will be sold to raise money.
Him going to Barca is less likely as he would be on the bench behind Xavi (Barca cant put 30M on the bench). Milan would be the likely destination.

Arsenal failing to make out of the group stages is out of the question talkless of not making in it all. MILAN KO EYIMBA NI. Do u actually think FAB4 would go to that RETIREMENT HOME
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2009
FBS:

@HNIC, I want you to counter this. You claimed he left MAINLY because of family matters.

I agree with that statement. . . .Debosky must be high on weed to have said Henry wanted to win the CL.
The major reason Henry left England was because of the problem his ex-wife was giving him.
It made it easier for him to cross to Spain.  As at when Henry left the GAYnners for Barcelona. . . . .Real Madrid were the King in Spain.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2009
@ Sauron. . .u don't become king of spain by winning a trophy. . .u become king of spain by winning a trophy playing magical football. Madrid ain't done that in a long long time.

Henry left Arsenal cause Barca is awesome and he was guaranteed playing time. Period!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2009
SHEY UNA GO WATCH ENGLAND VS NETHERLANDS
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by FBS: 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2009
Krayola2:

@ Sauron. . .u don't become king of spain by winning a trophy. . .u become king of spain by winning a trophy playing magical football. Madrid ain't done that in a long long time.

[b]Henry left Arsenal cause Barca is awesome [/b]and he was guaranteed playing time. Period!!
Cank kiu and add the CL to it. C'est Fini.  cool

Meanwhile,
Estonia 0- 1 Brazil ( Moi was expecting some ripping apart here- Match still in progress sha)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2009
Every Arsenal fan including those in Kindagarten know Cesc will leave one day. But that day is not now. Not even next summer. When that day comes we will make a load of money. What El Mundo writes don't scare us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2009
Krayola2:

Henry left Arsenal cause Barca is awesome and he was guaranteed playing time. Period!!

The name of the game is winning titles.
When Real Madrid won La Liga twice in a row. . . . .Barcelona couldn't touch em.
I remember em beating y'all home n away. . . . . They demolished y'all 4-1 . . . . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by FBS: 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2009
chic2pimp:

SHEY UNA GO WATCH ENGLAND VS NETHERLANDS
Match in progress.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2009
FBS:

Match in progress.

1-0 Kuyt cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by FBS: 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2009
Kuyt is bad boyyyy

See display.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2009
FBS:

Kuyt is bad boyyyy

See display.  grin

Rio Ferdinand is a donkey. . . .Bloody scummie! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2009
FBS:

Cank kiu and add the CL to it. C'est Fini. cool

Meanwhile,
Estonia 0- 1 Brazil ( Moi was expecting some ripping apart here- Match still in progress sha)
c'mon do u expect brazil to rip teams apart everytime they play.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

The name of the game is winning titles.
When Real Madrid won La Liga twice in a row. . . . .Barcelona couldn't touch em.
I remember em beating y'all home n away. . . . . They demolished y'all 4-1 . . . . . . .

In spain, winnin titles without flair means nothing. . .Capello and Schuster still got fired, right?

It's in England that winning trophies is everything.

We,ve won like 3 times as many trophies an Madrid in recent years. . .Our shit don't stink cool Just ask Henry!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2009
lolx. . .Rio is an asshOle
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by jalether(m): 8:29pm On Aug 12, 2009
holland 2-0 England, where is DK when you need him grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 8:36pm On Aug 12, 2009
jalether:

holland 2-0 England, where is DK when you need him grin
abeg don't invite dat terrorist into dis forum grin grin grin. If the scoreline stays the same, I forsee a suicide bombing on dis thread.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2009
goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool jermaine defoe UP SPURS
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 9:28pm On Aug 12, 2009
defoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 2-2 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. All of una england haterz dey quake for una boots(dike especially). Next up germany
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by biina: 10:47pm On Aug 12, 2009
chic2pimp:

Arsenal failing to make out of the group stages is out of the question talkless of not making in it all. MILAN KO EYIMBA NI. Do u actually think FAB4 would go to that RETIREMENT HOME
It is easier for arsenal to make it through the group phase than to get in to it. In the group phase, arsenal will be seeded, will have one useless club in their group and only have to come second to go through (like theyn did last year). The playoff is a different thing, as the weakened arsenal squad are up against celtics, who have the better schedule having played in the previous rounds, and being a 2 leg affair, there is more room for an upset (as one crazy match can seal the tie). The game os next so we will soon see.

Cesc wants to win trophies and each season his chances of doing so with arsenal looks less. Milan will be rebuilding their squad and are one of the few clubs outside of England where he would be guaranteed a starting spot, CL appearance, and can come up with the cash.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 12:11am On Aug 13, 2009
grin grin
Guys guess what ?
Just realised use B in T B Joshua means Biina grin
"All hail prophet(sic) biina" grin
biina while you're at it could you tell us what the naira will be selling for at this time next year ?
No wonder you created the Transfer thread ! biina knew ibra was going to Barca before he signed for Ajax grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chamotex(m): 1:34am On Aug 13, 2009
I heard Arsenal wants to buy Tal Ben-Haim cheesy cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (100)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / PSG Vs Barcelona : UCL (4 - 0) On 14th February 2016 / Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Europa League (2 - 1) On 16th August 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.