Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,959 members, 7,980,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 02:52 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (68327 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2009
@tkb417. I apologize for being rude.

Listen, I love to debate people. I know some of my posts are kinda strange, but the challenge for me is to defend my positions. U can object to anything i write and i will try to respond. I just didn't like the way u were coming across. u made it look like u had some previous resentment or some shit. If u respond to my posts without makin it personal, i'm sure we can have a good debate without being enemies.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2009
Krayola2:

Listen, I love to debate people. I know some of my posts are kinda strange, but the challenge for me is to defend my positions. U can object to anything i write and i will try to respond. I just didn't like the way u were coming across. u made it look like u had some previous resentment or some shit. If u respond to my posts without makin it personal, i'm sure we can have a good debate without being enemies.
got no issues with ur rude remarks
its normal here. . . i was not getting personal at all. Thts just ma style sometimes
it has nothn to do with you

By the way, so you know ur posts are sometimes strange grin
ehn ehn, thats where the problems started

its cool tho
even u call dem strange
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2009
There's no challenge is arguing for an obvious position. Not in my opinion, at least.

Just cause I'm arguing for a position doesn't mean that is what I believe to be true. . .At least not all the time. Sometimes I just do it for the sport, and to learn from others
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2009
Krayola2:

haha.  I'm not making excuses for Wenger. I'm just saying what I think needs to happen for Arsenal to have a good shot at the title. I agree that the team get as e be. But after all I support them so I still have to defend them from time to time.

U are simply asking for the IMPOSSIBLE.
Arsenal are heading backwards and it will take an ACT of God to push em forward.

Stronger, yes. . .But Barca was stronger than Villareal and they finished ahead f u 2 seasons ago. The stronger team doesn't always end up on top. They just have a better chance of ending up on top.

2 seasons ago, Barcelona were rubbish.
Was that not the season Ronaldinho stopped playing and Messi was out injured?

Even if he were the best tactician in the world, he doesn't have the squad to make shit happen.

What does it take to build a squad? Why are you making this such a huge task?
Look at Moyes, Martin O'Neill and Harry Redknapp. . . . .I am sure Moyes is on a tighter budget than Wenger.

I'm not using it as an excuse for Arsenals, failures. . .

U have a splinter in your sphincter.
There's no excuse for a manager who has gone 4 seasons without a single trophy.
Arsenal charge the highest price for bum per seat in Europe. . . . .Their fans deserve better.

As at that game Arsenal topped the table. . . after that series of unfortunate events, their season took a turn fr the worse. . .so, what I'm saying is that my ingenious theories has survived ur barrage of objections.   wink

U are not making any sense.
How did Arsenal get on top of the table. . . . .It was because United lost to West Ham and Man City. . . .
You cannot put Clichy's error and Eduardo's injury forward and ignore United's 6 points LOSS.
United were on top of the table till they lost to West Ham. . .If they had won that game. . . Clichy's error or Dudu's injury wouldn't have changed anything.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 7:15pm On Aug 11, 2009
Damn you AW for not signing a DM ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH,2. for fieldin Silvestre 3.for allowin all these Pussyclats for chattin Shit bout Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 7:22pm On Aug 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

U are simply asking for the IMPOSSIBLE.
Arsenal are heading backwards and it will take an ACT of God to push em forward.

haha. Funny how people like to give God credit for good stuff, but never blame him/her for the bad stuff. Maybe it's an act of God that Man u has been winnin, maybe they're really a shit team with a lot of faith. God ain't got shit to do with football.

Arsenal came close 2 seasons ago. . .even in the CL . . Imagine they had 3 world class players lounging on the bench. . .I think that could have made a load of difference. There was a time wenger could bench henry, and have, Kanu, or Bergkamp as options. . . see what I'm sayin?

~Sauron~:

2 seasons ago, Barcelona were rubbish.
Was that not the season Ronaldinho stopped playing and Messi was out injured?

We were stronger on paper.

Man U is stronger than Arsenal on paper (Because Ferguson is still in touch with reality and actually pays for world class talent). But that isn't even half the battle

~Sauron~:

What does it take to build a squad? Why are you making this such a huge task?
Look at Moyes, Martin O'Neill and Harry Redknapp. . . . .I am sure Moyes is on a tighter budget than Wenger.

players and a coach.

what does it take to build a championship winning club? talented players, experienced players,  a good training and medical staff, good tactics, excellent execution on the field, etc etc, a winning mentality within the squad,  . .and most vital, LUCK.

Arsenal lack more of most of these factors than their immediate competition which would lead any neutral reasonable person (not a biased fan) to conclude that their chances of winning are slimmer that their rivals.

But we know sports isn't always that straight forward. . . So, Arsenal can still pull it off.

~Sauron~:

U have a splinter in your sphincter.
There's no excuse for a manager who has gone 4 seasons without a single trophy.
Arsenal charge the highest price for bum per seat in Europe. . . . .Their fans deserve better.

I thought they had cushioned seats. . do they? and good food,  abi? that one alone justifies the price tag. . .

U know what? I will concede that defending Arsenal is a hard job. I feel for Arsenal fans.  I defended then too for like 3 seasons and then it was just too obvious that the problem is Wenger's stubbornness. That is why i don't defend them so whole-heatedly anymore. They deserve all the criticism.

~Sauron~:

U are not making any sense.
How did Arsenal get on top of the table. . . . .It was because United lost to West Ham and Man City. . . .
You cannot put Clichy's error and Eduardo's injury forward and ignore United's 6 points LOSS.
United were on top of the table till they lost to West Ham. . .If they had won that game. . . Clichy's error or Dudu's injury wouldn't have changed anything.

Arsenal had topped the table for a while before that game. They dropped points in  4 consecutive games after that .draws with villa, mborough, wigan, and a loss to Chelsea(their worst run that season) and Man u handled their biz. But Arsenal were toppin the table for a while before then, and not because of some loss by Man u.

http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/fixtures-reports?season=2007-2008

It was that game with Birmingham when Eduardo got crippled and Clichy messed up last minute that changed the season. Man U drew to within, i think,  one point (or more. .i'm guessing here. don't quote me on that number), the pressure was on, one team handled their biz, and the other one folded. the rest is history.

I dey tell u guys, this my theory is full proof.  cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2009
@Krayola/Sauron

Any of u 2 wanna play some GAME am supa bored !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 7:30pm On Aug 11, 2009
@ follypimpi- yeah. . .i'll be on in 10 mins.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 7:49pm On Aug 11, 2009
Krayola2:

wow shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. I am suprised someone has the decency to apologize on NL. Well done mate. People forget we are all nigerians so yabbing is in our blood. If u yab me, I yab u GOD no go vex shikena cool cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2009
follypimpi:

@Krayola/Sauron

Any of u 2 wanna play some GAME am supa bored !

U guys should SLUG it out first.
Let the winner face the Dark Lord when y'all are done.

Krayola will never forget the walloping i dished to him on Saturday. grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2009
walloping? abeg. u won 2 and i won 2. the last one doesn't count. Sauron, If i pause the game while we're playing, i'm tryin to tell u to check ur messages
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

U guys should SLUG it out first.
Let the winner face the Dark Lord when y'all are done.

Krayola will never forget the walloping i dished to him on Saturday. grin grin grin grin

Ermm what you feeling Like bra,Krayola am online now,meet me in Euro 1
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2009
u're not there. we should make a thread for this is the games section instead of hijackin the arsenal thread all the time
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2009
Krayola2:

walloping? abeg. u won 2 and i won 2. the last one doesn't count. Sauron, If i pause the game while we're playing, i'm tryin to tell u to check ur messages

I won 3. . . . .U won 2.
Why must you pause a game while we playing?
The best of 5 games and i won 3. . . . , Before then, i trounced you in 3 straight games.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 8:12pm On Aug 11, 2009
Krayola2:

u're not there. we should make a thread for this is the games section instead of hijackin the arsenal thread all the time

Will be there in a bit had to re-start me game.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2009
@Krayola

C'mon lets go there !!!! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Cristalz(f): 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2009
Krayola2:

Good point.
Season's as good as started, so boredom from lack of football action is no longer a valid excuse. Any more prolonged game talk might get missing. Una nor vex. Can't keep ''desecrating'' the Arses' ''sacred'' thread, y'know. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 1:12am On Aug 12, 2009
Johan Djourou Returns To Arsenal For Treatment
The Switzerland defender adds to the Gunners' list of problems,

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/08/11/1435288/johan-djourou-returns-to-arsenal-for-treatment

AW bleeping Sign some bludclat defender now,we can't stand watching Silvestre in defence for us.
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by biolabee(m): 3:00am On Aug 12, 2009
Our manager has 45m (40m pounds + 5 remaining from the 13 earlier provided (8 for thomaz)) and its 2 weeks to deadline day
Ive said it countless times,
We are setting ourselves for high expectations and hope we dont have another heartbreak
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 5:25am On Aug 12, 2009
Assene Wengay is officially the most Useless coach in Europe.

Brash Alli is the most idiotic person in Europe

Assanal has a lot of important dignitaries in their fold
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by call4shola(m): 8:42am On Aug 12, 2009
I am an arsenal fan and i believe every arsenal fan out there is just so mad about out our lack of trophy for over 4 years now and to worsen the matter, AW will not bend from his failed believe in his skool boys, to make matters worse he is selling off the experienced ones, if we maintain our 4th position, we should thank our stars, that man just wanna give the fans hyper-tension grin cheesy. Abeg I am too young to have cardiac arrest, to all the fans out there, watch every arsenal game with caution so u will not get too much dissappointments from the team, they will try their best definitely, but lets not decieve ourselves, unless wenger gets a very good DM an extra back-up Central defender, and a world class striker, that team canot do better than they did last year.

Gooner for life

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by whitelexi(m): 9:04am On Aug 12, 2009
I have complete faith in AW and believe he knows whats best for the club. However, with Djourou's recent injury, there is a growing possibility of silvestre getting a calling, and that is seriously dangerous, that guy should only be used when there is nothing else we can place between Almunia and the goal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 12, 2009
whitelexi:

I have complete faith in AW and believe he knows whats best for the club. However, with Djourou's recent injury, there is a growing possibility of silvestre getting a calling, and that is seriously dangerous, that guy should only be used when there is nothing else we can place between Almunia and the goal.

The report said he had an inflammed knee and he was withdrawn as a precaution. . .this is not the same thing as an injury. If the swelling subsides he could still play.

Kudos to the Swiss FA for thinking about the player/club at the start of the new season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2009
If the doomsayers are to be believed, Arsenal might as well throw in the towel before the 2009-10 Premier League season has even kicked off.

But try telling that to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger

"I envisage only one order," the 59-year-old told BBC Sport. "That is Arsenal finishing on top and all the rest can do what they want.

"To rate our potential, look at our pre-season games. We are a team who has a way to play and we are a team who are ready to fight.

"Let's have a go. Let's not talk too much. We know that people are sceptical about us but I let people talk. Let's win the games."

Wenger was speaking ahead of Arsenal's 2-0 defeat by Valencia - their final friendly before starting the Premier League season at Everton on Saturday.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8192417.stm
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2009
ahonohai:

Kudos to the Swiss FA for thinking about the player/club at the start of the new season
Yeah, they deserve praises.
It's only a meaningless friendly and no need risking the player!
whitelexi:

However, with Djourou's recent injury, there is a growing possibility of silvestre getting a calling, and that is seriously dangerous, that guy should only be used when there is nothing else we can place between Almunia and the goal.
Don't worry.Unless something bad happens, Vermalen and Billy should start at CB on Saturday at Merceyside.
Silvestre only plays when all others are injured.
Unless he's got a secret babalawo, who helps him to make other CBs get injured grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tayoccu(m): 10:37am On Aug 12, 2009
Arsenal are on the trail of 6ft 4in Borussia Dortmund centre-back Neven Subotic, with chief executive Ivan Gazidis ready to make a £12m offer for the 20-year-old Serb who is also attracting interest from Everton.
Full story: Daily Mail

abeg who knows anything about this dude?
where's DK when you need his expertise on bundasliga?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by whitelexi(m): 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2009
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5486312,00.html

No Gunners move for Subotic tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2009
For fuc.k sake we dont want some 20yr old kid. . . .
We need experience, Subotic is not better than Senderos!
AW wake up and fucking blend experience with youth
For flipping burger sake! angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by FBS: 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2009
MrCrackles:

For fuc.k sake we dont want some 20yr old kid. . . .
We need experience, Subotic is not better than Senderos!
AW wake up and fucking blend experience with youth
For flipping burger sake! angry

We got OAP's yafun yafun. you want some? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2009
MrCrackles:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]For fuc.k sake we dont want some 20yr old kid. . . .
We need experience,
and AW, we don't want Geriatrics either
or else, he could ask Tony Adams for a second stint! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tayoccu(m): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2009
dudes cool down the boy is coming from dortmund, and not nice or dynamo zagreb.
that means the boy has to an extent played in a top european league and might be worth the buy, compared to hangeerland.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2009
Please is the Robotic guy a confirmed buy or is it just links ? I really dont have the energy to pursue another suspected interest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (100)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / PSG Vs Barcelona : UCL (4 - 0) On 14th February 2016 / Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Europa League (2 - 1) On 16th August 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.