Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,388 members, 7,932,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 02:15 AM

Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers (30853 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / PHOTOS: Beggers In Front Of National Mosque When Buhari Came To Pray / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by NINETOFIVE(m): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2009
First, We are not citizens of a country.

We are citizens of diverse nations reluctantly tied together in an unwanted and despised unification

The grey area you failed to see is the Ironic part of the whole issue, the western Nigeria has always antagonized any force against the unwanted and despised unification which renders the issue at hand hypocritic, is always good to be careful of what you ask for, of course we are citizens of a country.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Beaf: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2009
RibaduFan:

For your information

Destitutes of Yioruba extration were the first to thrown out of Lagos. Some were sent back early late last year.

You cannot legally deport an individual from any state in his/her country. But am sure if the existence of an individual is proven, beyond all reasonable doubt, to be inimical to that of others, such an individual can be declared persona nongranta

When was that? grin grin grin
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Beaf: 9:42am On Aug 24, 2009
Choose your phrase. The meaning is the same.

[list]
[li]You cannot talk through both sides of the mouth[/li]
[li]Beans don burn[/li]
[li]Fashola has fried akara
[/li]
[/list]
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by nex(m): 9:43am On Aug 24, 2009
@all

ARE THE BEGGARS ALL FROM KADUNA STATE?

It may be wrong for Lagos to deport citizens of other states, but to particularly send them to Kaduna State is looking for serious trouble.

What if Kaduna decides to deport all criminals from its state which are not indigenes and send them all down to Lagos.

I've been complaining about beggars in Lagos since 1996 and the only solution to stop people from begging is to stop people from giving them alms. If you arrest beggars, others will take their place, if you release them, they will return because their wellbeing depends on it. They are that desperate.

When alms givers are arrested or fined for giving alms, this rubbish will stop. Nobody wants to be punished for doing something they are not desperate for.

If KAI can arrest about 20 alms givers from different parts of Lagos and fine them N50 thousand or take them to a magistrate who will sentence them to 6 months without labour, I tell you, nobody will give beggars money anymore. If nobody gives beggars money, beggars would not keep begging. They will find crafts to engage in, go back home or commit suicide.

Please, I'm not saying Fashola should not abuse people's human rights by deporting other indigenes, but if he has to, they should be deported to their states of origin not Kaduna state. This action on Kaduna State would be seen as a prelude to war. Deporting Kaduna State indigenes to Kaduna may be sending a message to the Government of Kaduna to stand up to its responsibilities. However, when you deport Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara, Borno, Niger, Gombe and Adamawa all to Kaduna State, you're starting what nobody can finish.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by No2Atheism(m): 9:51am On Aug 24, 2009
grin grin grin

The following people should be deported asap

- Seun (Guilty of looking like a nigerien)
- Mukina (Guilty of being an islamo-fascist someone)
- Dayokanu (Guilty of being a Boobs and Ass Man)
- NegroNts (Guilty of being too brilliant)
- Osisi (Guilty of not reducing bride price for Nkechi's hand)
- No2atheism (Guilty of not knowing what he is guilty of)
- Spikycylinger (Guilty of being rumoured to have something belonging to cameroun)
- Igboboy (Guilty of being a potential person that would refuse to postrate)
- Nuzo (Guilty of something sha, )

Anyone else that is guilty and eligible to be deported by Fashola should report asap.

-----------------------------------------------

Abeg make una leave Fashola, make he deport everyone we now dey contribute to development of lagos, enough of the hausas just begging and begging in the west or east, yet having federal allocations being giving to their states wen they are producing little or nothing.

They have contravened the policy of thou shalt speak bullshit.

------------------------------------------------

the earlier we break up or go back to the Regional government having different development plans and executions the better for the Yorubas considering that these northerners are just holding us back at every turn.
Make them carry their beggars go and feed them themselves.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by No2Atheism(m): 9:53am On Aug 24, 2009
nex:

@all

ARE THE BEGGARS ALL FROM KADUNA STATE?

It may be wrong for Lagos to deport citizens of other states, but to particularly send them to Kaduna State is looking for serious trouble.

What if Kaduna decides to deport all criminals from its state which are not indigenes and send them all down to Lagos.

I've been complaining about beggars in Lagos since 1996 and the only solution to stop people from begging is to stop people from giving them alms. If you arrest beggars, others will take their place, if you release them, they will return because their wellbeing depends on it. They are that desperate.

When alms givers are arrested or fined for giving alms, this rubbish will stop. Nobody wants to be punished for doing something they are not desperate for.

If KAI can arrest about 20 alms givers from different parts of Lagos and fine them N50 thousand or take them to a magistrate who will sentence them to 6 months without labour, I tell you, nobody will give beggars money anymore. If nobody gives beggars money, beggars would not keep begging. They will find crafts to engage in, go back home or commit suicide.

Please, I'm not saying Fashola should not abuse people's human rights by deporting other indigenes, but if he has to, they should be deported to their states of origin not Kaduna state. This action on Kaduna State would be seen as a prelude to war. Deporting Kaduna State indigenes to Kaduna may be sending a message to the Government of Kaduna to stand up to its responsibilities. However, when you deport Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara, Borno, Niger, Gombe and Adamawa all to Kaduna State, you're starting what nobody can finish.

So deportation of beggars is a prelude to war chai  shocked shocked shocked shocked nairanland na wa o, what of killing and looting of treasury and stealing of tax revenue, is that not a prelude to war also, abegiiii tell me something else,

Infact i hereby recommend Fashola to deport @nex as soon as possible grin grin grin.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 24, 2009
Fashola has deported yoruba beggars
Fashola has deported aboki beggars

two months down the line, he will deport ibo beggars - the only question is - where to?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 24, 2009
nex:

@Negro_Ntns

You think I'm patronizing, but I'm just warning. Have you engaged in a real advanced argument with 32 teeth and grey hair? Okay.

@tpia

Adolf Hitler was named by TIME Magazine as man of the year for transforming Germany from the debris of World War 1 to the number 1 position in Europe. While all the praises were showered on him, people knew how he was CLEANING UP the place by sending a lot of Germans to EUGENICS Centres.

I repeat, what Fashola did by shipping various destitute Northerners to Kaduna is very wrong and there could be extreme consequences and Fashola knows this. He's not just any lawyer off the streets, he's a SAN.

We mustn't look at the Lagos Governor's good works too much that we begin to overlook his bad works. It is his bad works that will finally make him a bad Governor.

offtopic, eugenics was the big thing back then - I read this excerpt at the end of state of fear by Micheal Crichton apparenetly so many of the great minds and leaders of the time - including Churchill and teddy Roosevelt endorsed eugenics - something their biographers tactfully omit
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by No2Atheism(m): 10:00am On Aug 24, 2009
@oyb

my friendly enemy , how is mohammed and allah  grin grin grin
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by No2Atheism(m): 10:01am On Aug 24, 2009
eugenics is killing

deportation is not killing
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by asha80(m): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2009
oyb:

Fashola has deported yoruba beggars
Fashola has deported aboki beggars

two months down the line, he will deport ibo beggars - the only question is - where to?

I wonder where he will find them?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by No2Atheism(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2009
asha 80:

in lala land
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 24, 2009
asha 80:

he can start in front of UBA on marina - there are some i see there most mornings at the roundabout - they are musician type beggars if i recall correctly
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by asha80(m): 10:20am On Aug 24, 2009
oyb:

he can start in front of UBA on marina - there are some i see there most mornings at the roundabout - they are musician type beggars if i recall correctly

Enlighten me further because i am conversant with that area.Do they sing in igbo?Do they stay there throughouit the whole day?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 24, 2009
i see em on my way to work 7ish - if they are there throughout the day, i can't say.

they usually have some sort of rattle
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by nex(m): 10:29am On Aug 24, 2009
@No2Atheism

what do you think will happen if Kaduna gathers all the non-indigene law breakers, including beggars, pick pockets, touts, armed robbers, rapists and vandals and ship them down to Lagos. People like you only think on the short run. What's wrong with stretching you mind a little further?

@oyb

Eugenics didn't start as killing but it ended up as massive racial cleansing.

@No2Atheism

I don't wait for anyone to deport me. As my business was crunched, I packed my bags and went back home. That is how human beings should behave. Why can't you people do the same before they deport you all to Kwara.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by JamesG: 10:32am On Aug 24, 2009
Fashalo is doing the right thing - he must protect the wellbeing of the people of his state; that's why he was elected. Mayor Bloomberg of New York did the same for out-of-state homeless people.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 24, 2009
Nex

What they don't get is that while those who constitute nuisance in Lagos might be beggers

Those who constitute Nuisance in the eyes of Hisbah and Shekarua of Kano might be anybody who does not wear Hijab and who does not go to Friday Mosque.

Who defines what amounts to nuisance if not the constitution that binds us all. When Shekarua reacts in his own way, Fashola's actions will surely be cited as precedent.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by No2Atheism(m): 10:36am On Aug 24, 2009
nex:

@No2Atheism

what do you think will happen if Kaduna gathers all the non-indigene law breakers, including beggars, pick pockets, touts, armed robbers, rapists and vandals and ship them down to Lagos. People like you only think on the short run. What's wrong with stretching you mind a little further?

@oyb

Eugenics didn't start as killing but it ended up as  massive racial cleansing.

@No2Atheism

I don't wait for anyone to deport me. As my business was crunched, I packed my bags and went back home. That is how human beings should behave. Why can't you people do the same before they deport you all to Kwara.

grin grin grin

Make kaduna deport them at least they have been killing them and making them deport themselves already so in reality it makes no difference.

Make the beggars come back home to their states and claim their rights there.

Fashola kudos jare,

@oyb is next to be deported from nairaland  grin grin grin
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 24, 2009
@oyb

Eugenics didn't start as killing but it ended up as  massive racial cleansing.

yes. thats partly why the world prefers to forget that before the holocaust, eugenics was endorsed as the great idea of the time
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by No2Atheism(m): 10:38am On Aug 24, 2009
mikeansy:

Nex

What they don't get is that while those who constitute nuisance in Lagos might be beggers

Those who constitute Nuisance in the eyes of Hisbah and Shekarua of Kano might be anybody who does not wear Hijab and who does not go to Friday Mosque.

Who defines what amounts to nuisance if not the constitution that binds us all. When Shekarua reacts in his own way, Fashola's actions will surely be cited as precedent.

The north is already doing dat or have u not been living in nigeria for the past 20years, the north has been implementing federalism with their sharia bullshit.

it is high time the west and the east also start to enforce their states rights.

To your tents oh isreal  grin grin grin
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Ibime(m): 10:39am On Aug 24, 2009
So there is no freedom of movement within Nigeria?

Fash could handle this without breaking the constitution by simply outlawing begging on the streets.

Soon as the law comes into effect, round up all the vagrants and give them a mandatory 6 month sentence.

All the others will quickly flee back to their states of origin or find something worthwhile to do.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by vezycash(m): 11:34am On Aug 24, 2009
the end justifies the means?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2009
oyb:

yes. thats partly why the world prefers to forget that before the holocaust, eugenics was endorsed as the great idea of the time

No it wasnt.

It was done secretly and opponents were silenced either through death or concentration camps.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2009

Great point!

We are afraid of the unknowns and are not bold enough to take steps in coming up with genuine solutions for problems that are specific to our homeland. This is why I asked if you would love to go on an adventure trip with me. Our people are scared of doing things that are outside of oyibo man textbooks. Our nation is faced with unique situations that are not taught in western education and so we go through years of studying and are deprived the opportunity to learn and earn skills primary to our own needs. We keep applying oyibo man theories to black man palava. . .we have been unsuccessful because those theories result in success when applied to oyibo man problem.

What “oyibo man” theories have we really applied? I have a problem with people stating that we have applied “oyibo Man” theories when in actual factual, we have NEVER really done it the “oyibo Man” way to date. Even our democracy is twisted in so many ways that “oyibo Man” go vomit if your offer him what we have for a constitution. We have so many things on paper, 99.9% of them NEVER actually implemented. So which one be “we keep applying oyibo man theories”?

Let me respond to your comments. I will outline the problem, define the baseline and recommend an instructive model for the problem.

Let us start with the term "Almajiri" itself. What does it mean? It is coined from an arabic word " Al' Majirun". Meaning one in search of self-actualization. Translated loosely, it will equate to a "Hermit". One who is seeking to find and align himself with the universal truth. By doing so the individual acquires cosmic secrets and is thus equipped to contribute selflessly and at utmost capability to humanity and social progress. This search for self knowledge require the individual to depart and detach from worldly belongings and live an ascetic lifestyle, free from owning any posessions but the basic necessities for survival. The individual must then depend on the benevolent contributions of the society to live and survive. That contribution must come in form of alms (which is speculative) or a organized welfare care (which is predictive). Because it is speculative, alms carry a risk. Under pressure of surviving, an Almajiri becomes an agent for nefarious schemes. This was the case where at various times, Almajiris, ignorant of the intent, were recruited by evil minded persons who armed them with weapons and propaganda and launched them against political opponents. This would not be the case if they were organized under a rehabilitative care funded by government and run as private outlets. Thus the Almajiris have no ties of allegiance. . .they own nothing and are not owned by anyone; they are then free to concentrate on their self actualization studies. This social problem was properly outlined in Islam. To resolve it, Islam designates it under Sharia Law.

The Northern staes claim they practice Sharia Law. To the extent that thieves have their limbs cut off and adulterers are stoned to death then these states must equally attend to the issue of Almajiri as directed by Sharia. Neglecting to do so is hypocritical and disobedient to Allah. Moreso, one of the five pillars of Islam mandates 5% of profit earnings towards charity. What charity is more morally appropriate than the feeding and clothing of those in search of the truth? Someone need to stand up to the North and confront them with this religious obligation. It is not a choice for them. . . it is what Allah ordained upon them as Muslims. To do otherwise is a sin. Fashola has stood up to them but just simply deporting Almajiris does not resolve the problem. Fashola's term will end one day and the next Governor may not followup and enforce the limitations and the problem will return. So I propose a rehabilitative option funded by Sharia states. . .politically and religiously, this is their obligation.

Ok. First and foremost, the Northern states are already seen as being hypocritical in the way they dole out punishment under sharia. As someone already stated on another thread, Sharia is being used in the north to control the poor as the laws are not applied equally across classes. I am sure you are aware that even some of the so called Islamic leaders in the north practice adultery, how many of them have you seen being stoned in public? How many of the rich thieves have had their hands or limbs chopped off according to sharia law?

The North is filled with sin, so Allah or no allah. So I seriously doubt that trying to guilt a system such as the one in the north into CARING for the very people they already have little or no regard for, ain’t gonna work.

The events of the last couple of years have gone a long way to show us that no matter what happens up north, southerners remain the main targets of riots and uprisings. Apparently, it seems your “almajiris” do have ties and allegiances with the same governments that treat them like dogs.

Accountability and Responsibility of the problem must be passed to the Northern states. If its too burdensome for them to fund the program, then it should not be too burdensome for the Almajiris to continue to depend on speculative alms on the streets of Northern states. Afterall, they were first destitutes up there before they became Almajiri on Lagos streets. The same social forces that forced them into Almajiri can re-absorb them into rehabilitation. This is why I loved Davidylan's response.

Accountability and Responsibility only works when the people in question are willing to demand it of their own governments. If the same people you are fighting for are not willing to demand more respect from their government, how do you expect the same government to go out of its way to provide for them?

If the Almajiris are not able to and willing to claim their rights in their own states, what makes you think these same governments would go along with a scheme to fund their welfare in another state?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2009
tpia.:

No it wasnt.

It was done secretly and opponents were silenced either through death or concentration camps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2009
oyb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

from link:

G. K. Chesterton was an early critic of the philosophy of eugenics, expressing this opinion in his book, Eugenics and Other Evils.

The scientific reputation of eugenics started to decline in the 1930s, a time when Ernst Rüdin used eugenics as a justification for the racial policies of Nazi Germany, and when proponents of eugenics among scientists and thinkers prompted a backlash in the public

Eugenic policies have been conceptually divided into two categories. Positive eugenics is aimed at encouraging reproduction among the genetically advantaged. Possible approaches include financial and political stimuli, targeted demographic analyses, in vitro fertilization, egg transplants, and cloning. Negative eugenics is aimed at lowering fertility among the genetically disadvantaged. This includes abortions, sterilization, and other methods of family planning. Both positive and negative eugenics can be coercive. Abortion by "fit" women was illegal in Nazi Germany and in the Soviet Union during Stalin's reign.

In Britain, eugenics never received significant state funding, but it was supported by many prominent figures of different political persuasions before World War I. Furthermore, its emphasis was more upon class, rather than race.Sterilisation programmes were never legalised, although some were carried out in private upon the mentally ill by clinicians who were in favour of a more widespread eugenics plan. The limited popularity of eugenics in Britain was reflected by the fact that only two universities established courses in this field. Indeed, those in support of eugenics shifted their lobbying of Parliament from enforced to voluntary sterilization, in the hope of achieving more legal recognition.But leave for the Labour Party Member of Parliament Major A. G. Church, to propose a Private Member's Bill in 1931, which would legalise the operation for voluntary sterilization, was rejected by 167 votes to 89.

US slave owners also practiced a form of eugenics during slavery. Matching and breeding slaves from studs and the like.

The American eugenics program is in a category by itself. Likewise Germany.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by mooyguy(m): 4:09pm On Aug 24, 2009
I told you Fashola is the best Governor other governors are trying. I live in ibadan, how i wish our Governor will have good listening ear and good advisers Oyo state would have been the best but , PDP.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 24, 2009
Overview

As a social movement eugenics reached its height of popularity in the early decades of the 20th century. By the end of World War II eugenics had been largely abandoned,[3] though current trends in genetics have raised questions amongst critical academics concerning parallels between pre-war attitudes about eugenics and current "utilitarian" and social darwinistic theories[4]. At its pre-war zenith, the movement often pursued pseudoscientific notions of racial supremacy and purity.[5]

Eugenics was practiced around the world and was promoted by governments, and influential individuals and institutions. Its advocates regarded it as a social philosophy for the improvement of human hereditary traits through the promotion of higher reproduction of certain people and traits, and the reduction of reproduction of certain people and traits.[6]

Today it is widely regarded as a brutal movement which inflicted massive human rights violations on millions of people.[7] The "interventions" advocated and practised by eugenicists involved prominently the identification and classification of individuals and their families, including the poor, mentally ill, blind, "promiscuous" women, homosexuals and entire "racial" groups——such as the Roma and Jews——as "degenerate" or "unfit"; the segregation or institutionalisation of such individuals and groups, their sterilization, euthanasia, and in the extreme case of Nazi Germany, their mass extermination.[8]

The practices engaged in by eugenicists involving violations of privacy, attacks on reputation, violations of the right to life, to found a family, to freedom from discrimination are all today classified as violations of human rights. The practice of negative racial aspects of eugenics, after World War II, fell within the definition of the new international crime of genocide, set out in the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.[9]

The modern field and term were first formulated by Sir Francis Galton in 1883,[10] drawing on the recent work of his half-cousin Charles Darwin. At its peak of popularity eugenics was supported by prominent people, including Margaret Sanger,[11][12] Marie Stopes, H. G. Wells, Woodrow Wilson, Prescott Bush, Theodore Roosevelt, Emile Zola, George Bernard Shaw, John Maynard Keynes, John Harvey Kellogg, Winston Churchill, Linus Pauling[13] and Sidney Webb.[14][15][16] Its most infamous proponent and practitioner was however Adolf Hitler who praised and incorporated eugenic ideas in Mein Kampf, and emulated Eugenic legislation for the sterilization of "defectives" that had been pioneered in the United States.[17]

G. K. Chesterton was an early critic of the philosophy of eugenics, expressing this opinion in his book, Eugenics and Other Evils. Eugenics became an academic discipline at many colleges and universities, and received funding from many sources.[18] Three International Eugenics Conferences presented a global venue for eugenicists with meetings in 1912 in London, and in 1921 and 1932 in New York. Eugenic policies were first implemented in the early 1900s in the United States.[19] Later, in the 1920s and 30s, the eugenic policy of sterilizing certain mental patients was implemented in a variety of other countries, including Belgium,[20] Brazil,[21] Canada,[22] and Sweden,[23] among others. The scientific reputation of eugenics started to decline in the 1930s, a time when Ernst Rüdin used eugenics as a justification for the racial policies of Nazi Germany, and when proponents of eugenics among scientists and thinkers prompted a backlash in the public. Nevertheless, the second largest known eugenics program, created by social democrats in Sweden, continued until 1975.[23]

Since the postwar period, both the public and the scientific communities have associated eugenics with Nazi abuses, such as enforced racial hygiene, human experimentation, and the extermination of "undesired" population groups. However, developments in genetic, genomic, and reproductive technologies at the end of the 20th century have raised many new questions and concerns about what exactly constitutes the meaning of eugenics and what its ethical and moral status is in the modern era.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2009
oyb

back in those times, a lot went that directly violated human rights. Not only eugenics- there was Jim Crow, the Tuskegee experiments, etc. And that's just in the US alone.

In 1974 Congress passed the National Research Act and created a commission to study and write regulations governing studies involving human participants. On May 16, 1997, President Bill Clinton formally apologized and held a ceremony for the Tuskegee study participants: "What was done cannot be undone, but we can end the silence ,  We can stop turning our heads away. We can look at you in the eye, and finally say, on behalf of the American people, what the United States government did was shameful and I am sorry. To our African American citizens, I am sorry that your federal government orchestrated a study so clearly racist"

Prevailing medical ethics at the time did not have the exacting standards for informed consent, which is now expected. Doctors routinely withheld information about patients' conditions from them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Study_of_Untreated_Syphilis_in_the_Negro_Male
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by nex(m): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2009
@tpia

Eugenics wasn't secret. They had massive AD campaigns and many people even submitted themselves voluntarily.

@mike

many people look at the action without considering the reaction which will definitely be unequal yet very opposite.

How can a Senior Advocate of Nigeria be running state affairs with so much impunity.

When he declared war against women in trousers, we all shouted because we love women in trousers. Now the fact that we don't love beggars doesn't mean Fashola can just endanger the lives entire people of the South living in the North by shipping destitutes to Kaduna State.

You don't deport people to a place that's not their home unless you want to admit that you really did was to EXILE them. You thereby give Kaduna the right to exile unwanted non-indigener or miscreants to Calabar or better still Chad.

If Kaduna state should exile all Southerners in their territory to the Antartica, they will be violating the same Article 13 of the UN Human Rights Declaration as Fashola just did. Why should a SAN even be abusing human rights? If they de-SAN him now, he will say it is political enemies.

Nigerians please condemn what is bad. Don't say because a good man is the one doing a bad thing, is should be overlooked. Is that not what will make him bad?

I have told you people how Hitler started with good works.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 24, 2009
nex:

@tpia

Eugenics wasn't secret. They had massive AD campaigns and many people even submitted themselves voluntarily.

yes it was, in a way. It was conducted in much the same way as the Holocaust- little or no media coverage. Some people on the ground knew what was going on but there was limited official recognition. And like I mentioned before, opponents were silenced.

read up on the era.

nex:

@tpia

When he declared war against women in trousers, we all shouted because we love women in trousers. Now the fact that we don't love beggars doesn't mean Fashola can just endanger the lives entire people of the South living in the North by shipping destitutes to Kaduna State.

can you post any links to your allegations here, because if you're referring to the incident where the police arrested some women, I believe the police chief released a statement saying they were rounding up prostitutes. I dont know where your women in trousers theory comes from.

A senator in Abuja wanted to pass a bill banning wearing of flimsy clothes- was she from Lagos state?

nex:

. Now the fact that we don't love beggars doesn't mean Fashola can just endanger the lives entire people of the South living in the North by shipping destitutes to Kaduna State.

how is this about loving beggars? Are you yourself helping them by your attitude condemning them and their children to a lifetime of begging?

You don't deport people to a place that's not their home unless you want to admit that you really did was to EXILE them. You thereby give Kaduna the right to exile unwanted non-indigener or miscreants to Calabar or better still Chad.

If Kaduna state should exile all Southerners in their territory to the Antartica, they will be violating the same Article 13 of the UN Human Rights Declaration as Fashola just did. Why should a SAN even be abusing human rights? If they de-SAN him now, he will say it is political enemies.

if Kaduna state decides to send southern beggars back to their states of origin, how is that a bad thing?

I dont see how Antartica comes into this.

Like I said before, if, God forbid, any of my relatives or even I myself, is caught begging in lagos or anywhere, someone should please ship them back to the village for better quality of life.

Nigerians please condemn what is bad. Don't say because a good man is the one doing a bad thing, is should be overlooked. Is that not what will make him bad?

I have told you people how Hitler started with good works.

Hitler shipped everyone he didnt like off to concentration camps. He created more ghettos and beggars than any other leader in history. Millionaires, middle class and many more productive members of society became beggars and homeless people.

can you explain the rationale behind your arguments again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (31) (Reply)

FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia / Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll / Tinubu: I Will Speak On Edo Elections At The Appropriate Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.