Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,162 members, 7,887,385 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:01 AM

Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft (73940 Views)

Policemen Trying To Bring Down A Biafran Flag In Port Harcourt (Photos) / The Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Set To Launch Six Missiles In Biafra Land / Niger Delta Liberation Force challenges President Buhari to War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by thaoriginator: 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
I think the sane ones in the region shld stand up like the JTF did..

By the time the military turned the region into a war zone, the sane ones would be most affected!

Wetin concern me sef?
I dey pity those guys. They don't know who they're fucckin wit.

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by stagger: 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2016
YTkester:
[s][/s]

Another trash! What shut down MH-17 jet in 2014?

The big difference is that Russia allegedly made that weapon available to the separatists. Ukrainian intelligence actually had pictures of a SAM battery being driven across the eastern border with a missile missing. This is a different scenario.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by jamesibor: 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2016
eezor:
I am out of Nigeria , Ghana here I come

When you get there, greet uncle Gbawe for us.
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by HomeOfMe(f): 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2016
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by buJu234: 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
i doubt if this came from the Niger-delta avengers...

its looks like either one yoruba e-rat or APC e-rat or Ipob e-rat

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by YTkester: 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
Texcoco:
We Know that manpads (man portable airdefense system) are relatively cheap in the international black arms market....The question is can it be safely deployed by the militants without colateral damage in terms of civilian casualties?...Yes, we are not against bringing down Fighter jets or helicopters with shoulder fired stinger missiles but any threat against civilan air traffic should be halted at once.

When you see a logical thinker you will know - as it oozes all around him/her. Yours is the best comment on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by 2wizkids(m): 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
with all said and done, am damn proud to be a Niger Deltan smiley

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by maasoap(m): 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
What are they waiting for? Their people Sabi how to shout ICC.
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by dallyemmy: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
IF THEY WERE GIVEN 13% DERIVATION, MINISTRY AND AMNESTY AND NO REMARKABLE DEVELOPMENT WAS ACHIEVED BECAUSE OF THE GREED AND CORRUPTION OF THE LEADERS. CAN THEY ACHIEVE ANYTHING REMARKABLE IF GIVEN THE WHOLE WORLD?

MOST AFRICAN COUNTRIES GOT INDEPENDENCE BUT THEIR WAY OF THINKING KEPT THEM ALL IN BONDAGE!
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by ChukwuIbrahim: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
blenko:
What we need now is peace. BUHARI go and dialogue with then. Let's not wait until it gets oout of hand.Nigeria cannot survive another civil war. Please let's preach PEACE.
dialogue wit corruption?
mbanu!
let civil war 2 begin cool

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by pinkyliceous(f): 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
And who's this one?

sexyellency:
What is dis one saying? undecided
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by tdayof(m): 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
Shym3xx:

Err, it depends on the generation of SAM you're alluding to. The old soviet ones are readily available on the black market and there are tons of weapons all over Africa due to Libya. And don't forget someone from that region just ruled the country and there were all types of shady defense/arms contracts to private individuals...so never rule out a possibility that they must have acquired loads of sophisticated weapons.

Also, with the "no fly one" threat, I doubt they were alluding sophisticated air defense systems. Rag tag militants can operate complicated systems - not even the Nigerian military. You need a lot of training and expertise for them. I'd wager that they're talking about manpad and Russian Igla (both SA-16 and SA-18) are readily available on the black market, depending on the connect...only the US stinger missiles are somewhat difficult to find anywhere.

ISIS do have manpads but using them against a sophisticated airforce is a different thing entirely. But manpad against the Nigerian airforce and those obsolete jets would look like a sharp shooter hitting target at a shooting range. grin

Anyway, you lot need to let peace reign and do everything based on justice, equity, and fairness. We don't need another civil war in Africa.The civil war era in Africa is over!

Shalom! cool

Nice talk. Our aircrafts can be installed with Electronic countermeasures such as Flares or Chaffs or...... AN/ALQ 135 .. AN ALQ 184 etc .. Those damn flying toys need to be changed .

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by OohLalah(f): 3:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
dmltoyin:
I'm surprised.
But this is serious
What if we say it's just a mere threat and it comes true
We should be aware of what USA made of Libya
This people boasted of foreign aids and training of some sort
We could actually be jokingly reading this and this people are out for a real revolutions
We are in the safe southwest truly buh if it continues
Seme boarder kuku close to badagry

It's either these guys are setting Goodluck Jonathan up OR they are his insurance/ticket of staying out of jail.

Paragraph 6: Are these not the snipers and assassins that Obasanjo was talking about being trained by Goodluck Jonathan?

Paragraph 12: Why are they saying they are not in one place but name Bayelsa? Isn't that Goodluck's backyard?

I think someone is out for Jonathan OR some people who are fueling this with lies are hoping to start a war they personally cannot start. Basically setting the Niger Delta against the government, while they watch and fuel the fire to get the spoils. Clearly even to a child there is a third force in operation here, if the Niger Deltans don't wake up now, they will find themselves in a war they have no clue how it started. They are being launched into the unknown.

And please when the ship hits the fan, no asylum seekers must come down South all must follow Syrians to Europe and America. We are closed for refugee business.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by ufumes(m): 3:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
This is really serious
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by comos: 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
deadkiss:

https://www.today.ng/news/national/131244/niger-delta-group-vows-launch-missiles-bring-military-aircraft

The statement, signed by General Akotebe Darikoro, Commander, General Duties; General Torunnanaowei Latei, Creeks Network Coordinator; General Agbakakuro Owei-Tauro, Pipelines Bleeding Expert; and General Pulokiri Ebiladei of its Intelligence Bureau, reads in full: “We have seen and noted that President Muhammadu Buhari (a.k.a. Pharaoh) is set for the final breakup of the country.

Lol,

una wan kill me with Laughter

2 Likes

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by toofit007: 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
fiftynaira:
Is it only me that thinks that this an empty threat?
u sit there and call it an empty threat, I pity u even ur president never dare to call it an empty threat that Is why he obeyed them and cancelled his visitation if not by now he would have been lowed 3-4 fit below the ground according to Muslim right. I still say it and will continue to day it the best solution is the immediate and unconditional release of the leader of the indigenous people of BIAFRA in person of mazi Nnamdi kanu once that is done all the bombing will go down I swear this people are just sympathizers to him and he carry WEIGHT even the fed gov knows that .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Ali97(m): 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
RUBBISH!!!! Go ahead and Bomb the whole Nation if you have that Capacity. Our gallant army will dance kokiriwa on you and your entire region.

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by comos: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
deadkiss:

https://www.today.ng/news/national/131244/niger-delta-group-vows-launch-missiles-bring-military-aircraft

The statement, signed by General Akotebe Darikoro, Commander, General Duties; General Torunnanaowei Latei, Creeks Network Coordinator; [b]General Agbakakuro Owei-Tauro, Pipelines Bleeding Expert;[/b]and General Pulokiri Ebiladei of its Intelligence Bureau, reads in full: “We have seen and noted that President Muhammadu Buhari (a.k.a. Pharaoh) is set for the final breakup of the country.

Lol,

una wan kill me with Laughter
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by dragunov: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
mysticwarrior:
It should be noted that 20percent of the oil in the niger is enough to fund war that can last up to 10years. The NDA can exchange crud oil in their acquisition of heavy weapons with the Russians, the czechs, the slovak and the Ukrainians. No matter how low the oil price becomes in the intentional market it will still be valued. Let me sound this as a warning, the NDA already have support from super power nations and that is why they are so bold to come out with such daring threat. The govt should rethink and return to the negotiation table.
Which super power? DE Dere De form Van Damme , to u hear. You will soon no how E be. Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Ahmeduana(m): 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
tboyO2:
This boys are foolish I mean the NDA, bringing penury to your land

Dialogue is the key guys
THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE, THE LAND IS ALREADY IN PENURY, SO TELL ME WHY SHOULDN'T THEY BRINGS ENDS TO THE MONKEY DEY WORK, BABOON CHOP ALLIANCE?

2 Likes

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by mowapa(m): 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
Na all of them be General?

Who come be Lt, Major,Capt?
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
rottennaija:
This is getting serious. How did they get missile capabilities?

So the whole period they have been granted amnesty, throughout that period of 6 to 7 years, they have been busy stockpiling weapons. No wonder Kalu spoke of the capability of biafra to launch ground to air missile

No wonder dasuki was busy weakening the NA
Some foreign powers are funding them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by kay4dem(m): 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Enyimbamercedes: 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
A country where any rag-tag group of individuals can just be issuing threats. I am disappointed in our intelligence gathering agencies. This war isn't about brute force...anyway what do i know.

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by fiftynaira(m): 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
pulsa:

so they should hide the information and watch as people become collateral damages?

And you belive in these threat?
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Dotman2210(m): 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
PMB is not bent on dividing the country,these terrorist claiming to be militants or whatever are the ones hell bent on madness and folly,all well meaning Niger-deltans both at home and in diaspora should know these criminals are not fighting for their common good they are only fighting for their selfish interest

4 Likes

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Weblow: 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
sha this is not a threat bcause no well organized force will give suxh rubish. they never thought of wat can hapen b4 7june. those missiles are not yet ready and maybe at the verge of acquisition. bt they issue threat already. sha its good nija military need to upgraded it weaponry to 5th generation not refurbished first world war weapon
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by YTkester: 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2016
Shym3xx:

Err, it depends on the generation of SAM you're alluding to. The old soviet ones are readily available on the black market and there are tons of weapons all over Africa due to Libya. And don't forget someone from that region just ruled the country and there were all types of shady defense/arms contracts to private individuals...so never rule out a possibility that they must have acquired loads of sophisticated weapons.

Also, with the "no fly one" threat, I doubt they were alluding to sophisticated air defense systems. Rag tag militants can't operate complicated systems - not even the Nigerian military. You need a lot of training and expertise for them. I'd wager that they're talking about manpad and Russian Igla (both SA-16 and SA-18) are readily available on the black market, depending on the connect...only the US stinger missiles are somewhat difficult to find anywhere.

ISIS do have manpads but using them against a sophisticated airforce is a different thing entirely. But manpad against the Nigerian airforce and those obsolete jets would look like a sharp shooter hitting target at a shooting range. grin

Anyway, you lot need to let peace reign and do everything based on justice, equity, and fairness. We don't need another civil war in Africa.The civil war era in Africa is over!

Shalom! cool

Nice post. Sometimes you needn't to educate these folks. People just rush to talk tripe. Before our eyes the militants are bombing the hell outta pipelines that are albeit supposedly 'guarded' by the trio of the Nigerian military, navy and airfare, and some people are so blind not to perceive what is cooking, I tell you that is the tragedy of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by gsparks01(m): 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
Uduak2019:
What did I just read? They said no plane should fly in and out of the country on that day...meaning on that day, Nigeria airspace will be shut down. That would 20 billion naira lost in 24hrs. NDA have instituted NO FLY ZONE!
abeg what is the translation of "I love you" in Efik?
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by pkang: 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
the govt already ruled out dialogue..

What I want u guys to do is throw a bomb at the crowd at the ogoni cleanup inauguration or much more worse.

All the propaganda dt u killed 12 soldiers and blew pipes admist soldier presence will clear for ur eyes when ur region is turned into a war torn zone!

In life, don't always use force, use dialogue it pays.
If u turn the place to war zone the people will turn to war fighters.
Both the people and military will die.

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by HomeOfMe(f): 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
It is likely that the NDA is a relatively small group, consisting of a few skilled individuals who have worked in the oil industry and are from the local area. It is unlikely that the NDA will replicate the MEND model of numerous camps, active armed patrols and acts of aggression against the Army, not only would this expose them to loss and capture it would also increase the probability of civilians being harmed in the crossfire or heavy handed military reprisals, which would cost them the little sympathy they may have with locals.- vox peccavi
Something is telling me they might have external backup;"America will know!" you know?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ekweremadus: Those people can kill me, I want to remain in the UK - Nwamini / Fayose Buys Food For 150 Inmates Detained By EFCC / Seyi Tinubu: The First Son Of Nigeria And His Security In Abuja

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.