Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft (73881 Views)

Policemen Trying To Bring Down A Biafran Flag In Port Harcourt (Photos) / The Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Set To Launch Six Missiles In Biafra Land / Niger Delta Liberation Force challenges President Buhari to War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by mysticwarrior(m): 4:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
dragunov:
Which super power? DE Dere De form Van Damme , to u hear. You will soon no how E be. Mumu
Judging from the analysis of ur comment its obvious you are suffering from perception myopia, and u must be psychologically subnormal, u need a cognitive behavioral therapy.

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Shym3xx: 4:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
tdayof:

Yea F16 is maneuverable but not up to her Russian counterparts....

The Tow can be Jammed as it uses a guidance signal method... moreover I don't think the NDA can have access to the TOW.

You're right. While the Russians focus more on aerodynamics/manoeuvrability, the yanks spend more time on electronics, hence Russian jets are always lighter and better. It's the same with the helicopters as well, hence the apache can never do what Russian copters can do. But that doesn't negate the fact that the Israelis always upgrade their US jets to their own standard for easy manoeuvres.

It's very difficult to jam TOWs, hence it has been highly effective in the Syrian war and the Syrian rebels/Jihadists were able to bring the war to a stalemate for a long time, while capturing swaths of Syrian territory, till the Russians intervened with air bombardments and T90s were deployed. TOWs destroyed a lot of Syrian tanks and left Assad's men running for their lives.

I believe Russia has developed a counter-measure but I don't know how effective the counter-measure is.
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by 989900: 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
12. For the records, Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) are not in Delta state, we only go there to strike and return back safely to the struggle base, Bayelsa state.

This looks like the military prep. for a 'false flag' OP.

I mean, who gives out his operational itinerary and base, such carelessly?

Why would the agitators want to bring down a civilian aircraft that would probably be filled with people from all parts of the country (theirs inclusive), and foreigners? Who will be that dumb?

True or false, one thing is clear: the C-in-C and the military have 'made up their minds' about going after pipeline vandals, violent secessionists, and corrupt individuals (they are the ones funding this agitation).

I pity the residents.

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by dragunov: 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
mysticwarrior:
Judging from the analysis of ur comment its obvious you are suffering from perception myopia, and u must be psychologically subnormal, u need a cognitive behavioral therapy.
Sorry, you were saying something?

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by jellyfish86: 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
maxzzo1:
Something is really happen cos a fight jet js pass na with a very high velocity n noise....I pray it comes back....

Are you staying in port Harcourt?
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Innomach(m): 4:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
the govt already ruled out dialogue..

What I want u guys to do is throw a bomb at the crowd at the ogoni cleanup inauguration or much more worse.

All the propaganda dt u killed 12 soldiers and blew pipes admist soldier presence will clear for ur eyes when ur region is turned into a war torn zone!
They are not interested in killings but making sure that they bring the oil production from the region to zero, of which they are successfully doing judging by the happenings. It's no propaganda, they are gradually bringing what remains of the Nigerian economy to a halt. It's quite unfortunate. Their actions so far has proved that you can no longer ignore their threats or dismiss them as mere propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by fortune1968: 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
the govt already ruled out dialogue..

What I want u guys to do is throw a bomb at the crowd at the ogoni cleanup inauguration or much more worse.

All the propaganda dt u killed 12 soldiers and blew pipes admist soldier presence will clear for ur eyes when ur region is turned into a war torn zone!
you get time sef .leave them alone .dem go suffer !
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by tdayof(m): 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
Shym3xx:

You're right. While the Russians focus more on aerodynamics/manoeuvrability, the yanks spend more time on electronics, hence Russian jets are always lighter and better. It's the same with the helicopters as well, hence the apache can never do what Russian copters can do. But that doesn't negate the fact that the Israelis always upgrade their US jets to their own standard for easy manoeuvres.

It's very difficult to jam TOWs, hence it has been highly effective in the Syria war and the Syrian rebels/Jihadists were able to bring the war to a stalemate for a long time, while capturing swaths of Syrian territory, till the Russians intervened with air bombardments and T90s were deployed. TOWs destroyed a lot of Syrian tanks and left Assad's men running for their lives.

I believe Russia has developed a counter-measure but I don't know how effective the counter-measure is.

Yea Russian Helicopters are okay but the APACHE and Sikorskys' can be very dangerous too, but still Maneuverability goes to the Russian helicopters.

And the TOW can be jammed with Krasukha-4. OR the russian khibiny... Aegis Radar Data Link is stronger than TOW and still Russia SU24 jammed The Aegis Radar system..

The US can also jam TOW by disabling data links around the specific area.. Probably using Barrage Jamming method with their ALQ 99 or NGJ (NOT YET IN SERVICE)
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by chronique(m): 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
I put up on my pm,how I intend to hustle my loved ones out of this country with the news of the militants launching a missile,and one idiot decides to call me a coward for that. If a sitting president in charge of the nation's security forces can decide to cancel his trip to the naija delta due to their threat,who am I to not believe them? The economy is already so bad;a war will just sink us all. Unfortunately,some people do not have foresight and can't think ahead.
onatisi:
exactly,Nigeria cant afford an internal war right now ,most especially in the region that funds Nigeria national budget to the tune of 95%. Buhari is too dull to be a president in this modern days, this situation calls for diplomacy,the president should stop behaving like an arrogant king Solomon because it is obvious he lacks the vital necessary initiatives . Rather he should not feel lofty but start appealing to the region by talking to the leaders in the Niger delta region,youth organizations and political leaders ,he should allow them to feel like part of the nation,these are the ones that can call the boys to order but the daft president is sending soldiers ,tanks ,jets to the region and this is more or less like a war invitation
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by babadem2much(m): 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
Story from chest beaters,

It is your rivers and communities that will suffer it

Keep doing what will destroy your region as those sponsoring you will fly out and leave you in disarray
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by agrovick(m): 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
LMAO, I just dey observe
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by millhouse: 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2016
Threats everywhere
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Jesusloveyou: 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
HtwoOw:
They are threatening the President, the country,and the citizens
And when army comes, they'll be the ones running to ICC, spamming social media , protesting in embassies
Sometimes I wonder if these people are on suicide mission
i wonder oo, shekau threaten more than this, beside, d syria war is stil going on, even when US is sponsoring rebels against d govt, and in case of civil war no rebels can ever win d war, even with outside forces, is impossible. NDA ca
https://www.nairaland.com/politics

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Truly1: 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
My appeal to the Niger Delta Avengers is to think deep about the consequences of their ill advised actions. You may think you are fighting President Muhammadu Buhari but all Nigerians know that you are fighting them including your own people - fellow Niger Deltans. You continue to blow up pipelines as if you and your people would not partake in the sufferings that would follow as a result of lean income this will translate into for FGN. Don't you know that 13% Derivation which your region enjoys would equally be affected with the consequent pauperization of your people? Nigerian nation has tried to pacify your region in numerous ways through the establishment of Niger Delta Commission, Amnesty Programme, Niger Delta Ministry etc. yet you are never satisfied and like Oliver Twist, you want more and more instead of holding your leaders accountable for the huge fund channeled to that region alone over the years, which of course, corruption has made nonsense of.
Maybe you don't know - real war which you are clamouring for is different from war movies! Ask those who witnessed/experienced kwasiokor, abandon properties etc. during Biafra Civil War and you would know its not a tea party affair. And to you the disgruntled elements who are fueling & sponsoring this crisis, please stop this nonsense before it consumes you; if it is because of lost election, take solace in the fact that PMB was elected for only four years and even one year is gone already as another opportunity would still present itself for you to realise your political ambition. To Niger Delta Avengers, please stop these bombings and table your requests in a civilised way to FGN. Embrace dialogue to resolve whatever grievances you might be nursing because to jaw-jaw is better than to war-war, this is my take.

9 Likes

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by EKELEONU(m): 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lets not underestimate the capabilities of these guys o
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by krasican(m): 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
Beautifulsarah:

The dude is really clueless

ARE YOU A WENCH?
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Shym3xx: 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
tdayof:

Yea Russian Helicopters are okay but the APACHE and Sikorskys' can be very dangerous too, but still Maneuverability goes to the Russian helicopters.

And the TOW can be jammed with Krasukha-4. OR the russian khibiny... Aegis Radar Data Link is stronger than TOW and still Russia SU24 jammed The Aegis Radar system..

The US can also jam TOW by disabling data links around the specific area.. Probably using Barrage Jamming method with their ALQ 99 or NGJ (NOT YET IN SERVICE)

Err, I'm sure you know the TOW is wire-guided, yes?

So, how can you jam something that's wire-guided?

Ya best bet is to use infra-red to disable the optic tracking. But jamming the launch itself isn't an easy task.
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by dragunov: 4:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
sukkot:
well oyel is the bloodline of the corrupt people of this country so blowing up the oyel pipes means killing corruption. its a symbolic way of saying a very intense war against corruption is gathering momentum. so all this thing is concocted by the powers that be but the message behind it is that its time to kill corruption. its harvest time. rapture of the righteous and end of the corrupt.
But don't you feel that the federal government's war against corruption is enough? By bleeding the pipes are those mofos not trying to ruin everything so that even the righteous are gonna really suffer? Nigeria still needs the oil to get along you know.
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by adams009: 4:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
pinkyliceous:
Buhari you see what your highhandedness has caused?

These are just empty threat. Hope when Nigeria Military start dealing with them, their Nairaland supporters will not cry foul. These groups are childish, when the full war start they will port to any available country while their territory has been damaged and the economy crippled.
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by ORIGENAL(m): 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
Let it happen i'm tired of dis Zoo called Nigeria
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by mysticwarrior(m): 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
Shym3xx:

Even after upgrading them to modern jets - you'll still need airmen with great skills when it comes to manoeuvres. I've seen some RAF and Russian airmen do some manoeuvres that will make you open ya mouth. The yanks also have some highly skilled airmen. Israelis are also crazy when it comes to manoeuvres.

Regardless, if they can get modern jets that can fly at extremely high altitudes while hitting targets on the ground with great accuracy - that should easily take away the threat of manpads. But helicopters are still going to be highly vulnerable without great manoeuvring skills.

Let's just hope these folks don't have the hardware they're bragging about cos if they do - they can hold the whole country to ransom and take on the Nigerian military easily. The collateral damage would be the innocent people.
I love this guy, your english pretty doesn't sound like a nigerian English to me which left me with no doubt that you are an American. The nigerian airforce don't have pilots capable of performing supersonic aerial maneuver i have seen them, and sometime ago the Boko boys shot down a Nigerian airforce jet on a mission, the pilot ejected, was captured and beheaded. He was an officer holding the rank of a wing commander. I love your comment.

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Jesusloveyou: 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
millhouse:
Threats everywhere
as shekau threaten more than this, it only affect borno state, we in south did not feel anything, this way, d threat wil only affect bayelsa,

2 Likes

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by owo206: 4:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
The NDA could Win the war they are drumming for but the ND Region could only lose the peace it once had. I fear for the fate of our dear country shocked
deadkiss:

https://www.today.ng/news/national/131244/niger-delta-group-vows-launch-missiles-bring-military-aircraft
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by ayindejimmy(m): 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
OK. This terrorist are beginning to talk too much
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by tdayof(m): 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
Shym3xx:

Err, I'm sure you know the TOW is wire-guided, yes?

So, how can you jam something that's wire-guided?

Ya best bet is to used infra-red to disable the optic tracking. But jamming the launch itself isn't an easy task.
oh yea true since its wire guided, electro-optical active protection system will be okay. and i found this...
The longest range wire-guided missiles in current use are limited to about 4 km We won't mind dropping some Bombs within such range grin ;Dhahaha.
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by dablazor: 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
MrDavidson:
I think this people want to turn Nairaland to a garbage dump for their trash. All the same, they're are certainly biting more than they can chew. In due time, vomiting it might effectively choke them. As far as I pray for peace, I know military response might be route God may choose to bring it about.
We all know if Nigeria is restructured, there would be peace, development and progress.
But the politicians wont let this happen because of their selfish interests.
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
No one should shout HUMAN RIGHT INFRINGEMENT when the real musics starts playing! Na so una praise Nnadi Kunu, E ended up been placed in prison and nothing don happen for Nija, all dis IPAD abi IPOB e-warriors shud be careful how they praise dis boys becos na innocent people go die wen the gbeken start.
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by kernel501: 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
Orevastar5:
Vhiz AVENGERS abi na watin dem say be their name? Dem nor need their lives again
na when dem go make attempt to attack presidential villa
na dere dem go hear #GBEDUWEH DEYBURSTBRAIN

Oil is more important to your presidential villa. They suspended Buhari from coming to Ogoni land, he should have shown what a brave soldier he was.
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by sukkot: 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
dragunov:
But don't you feel that the federal government's war against corruption is enough? By bleeding the pipes are those mofos not trying to ruin everything so that even the righteous are gonna really suffer? Nigeria still needs the oil to get along you know.
bros this is a world wide exercise. it is not only happening in nigeria. its happening worldwide. june 7 will be a day to remember in the history books. 1000 years from now they will still be talking about 7 june 2016. in america its called operation cascadia rising. these are covert names. the world is about to go into a state of chaos. and in the midst of that ashes will the phoenix rise wink

1 Like

Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by benELOHIM7(m): 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
Sorry I just woke up from a very long coma but is the Nigerian Defence Academy and the Nigerian Army at war?
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by Michealinz: 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
I think the sane ones in the region shld stand up like the JTF did..

By the time the military turned the region into a war zone, the sane ones would be most affected!

Wetin concern me sef?

Illiteracy, you're a disgrace to your kingsmen..
Re: Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
Michealinz:

Illiteracy, you're a disgrace to your kingsmen..
did u really type 'illiteracy' and 'KINGSMEN'?

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu To Meet The Boy In The “Mummy Calm Down “ Video / Seyi Tinubu: The First Son Of Nigeria And His Security In Abuja / Edo Election: Oshiomhole Taunted After Loss (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.