Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,565 members, 7,914,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:06 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5495009 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (3055) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by camrygmail: 12:34am On May 21, 2011
Congrats spearslzz I wish u happy and healthy 9 months and safe delivery in Jesus name

Bukkieluv , How far?

@everyone how are u all doing? Lets continue to keep the faith.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 21, 2011

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 1:45am On May 23, 2011
Hello peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, ok some activity going on in here thank God grin How is everyone doing i hope good.
Please don't be discouraged, I know it is hard coming here and saying the same thing day in and day out but trust that one day your story must change.
Congratulations to the latest mama to be spearslzz may almighty God keep the baby inside you safe and sound.
Gen Buhari how far na? My peace has gone AWOL, Ada24 no show stages vanish Venuss to be continued and all others where una don go ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yesterday I had to take my son to the emergency at 3am temperature was over 101 coughing only to find out he has a fever ,ear infection and the worst pink eye AKA APOLLO!!! As I said I just started work so he is in daycare I am sure that is where he got the pink eye from i feel like the worst mother on earth like I wanted this child so much now I have him I have let him get sick. I know have no control over what happens to him and sometimes it is good for there immune systems to fight germs this early but I am torn, I am thinking I should quit and just stay home with him.
But staying home does not pay bills, I have been lucky that my husband has taken care of all the bills etc but I want to be productive as well. God just give me strength, sad
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 23, 2011
Arlington,
I am fine ,
Hope your son gets well soon.
Rather than quit your job altogether , some organisations (in the UK anyway) allows employees to go on extended unpaid leave for a year or possibly more.
You could go part time or get a part time job.

However having said that, good Day care centres (nurseries) are generally good for children's development.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by r231(m): 12:11am On May 25, 2011
great thread with lots of information
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 6:31am On May 25, 2011
@ Arly How old is yor baby now?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by bukieluv(f): 1:40pm On May 26, 2011
camrygmail --I'm @ a crossroad now, i don't know what to now. I'm still taking the fertilaid, i started taking it on 5th of May, no period till now. I had my period last on 18th of March. I'm really lost. I was asked to come for HSG when i get my period but i have seen my period since then and pregnancy test is negative. I have been praying and fasting, my issue is really complicated i just feel like going into hiding because I'm really ashamed of myself. I'm really sad.  sad
@ all ----- Please, do you really know anything can do ?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 26, 2011
@bukieluv,
Why feel ashamed?

Are you very underweight and / or Exercising excessively?

Are you very overweight?

How long did Doctor say you needed to be on fertilaid? When is your follow up appt sith your Doctor?

Stay positive , be open about yout ttc with people close to you that you could share your experience with.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by bukieluv(f): 1:58pm On May 26, 2011
@ Gen Buhari
I don't think I'm overweight, my BMI is 29 according to the doctor. I just bought the fertilaid, its a supplement. I saw my doctor last on 17th of March and my next appointment is July. Maybe i should call my GP and complain again. Thank you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 26, 2011
Were you advised to buy it by your Doctor / GP? If not what was his / her advice?

I take it as you referred to "GP" that you must be in the UK?

BMI of 29 is on the high side of the normal range, however it would not do you any harm to try losing a bit more weight to see if it helps.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omogemi1: 3:07pm On May 27, 2011
People in the house, can you please help me analysis this:

I have been trying to concieve for almost a year. Yesterday my husband went for semen analysis. NL, would you please advise my husband appropruately, on this Semen Analysis Test result? The Information on his result sheet is as follows:

Time Produced: 10:05 am
Time Recieved: 10:20 am
Time Examined: 10:30 am
Volume Produced: 3.0cm3
Period of Abstainess: 5 days
Macroscopy: Greyish fluid
Viscosite: slghtly viscoid

Motility: Shows few actvely motile sperms cells, very very few have sluggish motility and many dead sperm cells.

% Motility: 35% of the total sperm cells seen have active motility, 5% found to be sluggish and 60% of the total found to completely dead.

Abnormality: Shows occasional giant heads from, and occasional pin heads form.

Microscopy: Shows very many sperm cells, few actively motile sperm cells, very very few have sluggishly motile sperm cells and many dead sperm cells present. Few pus cell seen.

Sperm count: 31,100,000 cells/cm3

BABY DUST TO YOU ALL
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tunnytox(m): 2:01pm On May 30, 2011
Nice thread I wish everyone here TTC goodluck, life is such a funny place everyone with their problems. Imagine ppl like myself I get my wife pregnant almost effortlessly glory be to God but I also have my own problems too I pray that God almighty shall meet us all at the point of our needs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 30, 2011
@omoge mi
Why not ask your Doctor to interpret the analysis.
To me the analysis seems that it may be ok.

omoge mi:

People in the house, can you please help me analysis this:

I have been trying to concieve for almost a year. Yesterday my husband went for semen analysis. NL, would you please advise my husband appropruately, on this Semen Analysis Test result? The Information on his result sheet is as follows:

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tem01(f): 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2011
My God why me? Why is all this happening to me? What have i done oh lord? For one week now i've been feeling as if i'm pregnant only for my period to show it's ugly face yesterday. At first i thought it was implantation bleeding that i read about but with this rush i know it's my period. I dont even know what to do. I just feel like committing suicide. I've cried and cried but i dont feel any better. I've been on clomid for 4 month now and this last month i bought ovulation prediction kit and i got the day of my ovulation. I met wit my husband on that day and the second day after which we stopped doing it. I dont just know what to do again.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tunnytox(m): 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2011
Tem01:

My God why me? Why is all this happening to me? What have i done oh lord? For one week now i've been feeling as if i'm pregnant only for my period to show it's ugly face yesterday. At first i thought it was implantation bleeding that i read about but with this rush i know it's my period. I dont even know what to do. I just feel like committing suicide. I've cried and cried but i dont feel any better. I've been on clomid for 4 month now and this last month i bought ovulation prediction kit and i got the day of my ovulation. I met wit my husband on that day and the second day after which we stopped doing it. I dont just know what to do again.

Please don't be too hard on yourself all will be well, God almighty shall wipe away your tears and you'll carry your own baby very soon.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2011
@ tem01,

Pls dont be too hard on yourself, I & my DW are in the situation right now just like every other TTCs you meet on this thread. The best thing is to cast your hope hope oh the LORD, continue doing the right thing medically and hope for the best. Do you remember Don Moen's song that :God will make a way; where there seem to be no way, He works the way we cannot see, He 'll make a way for us.

pls I hate that suicide aspect you wrote. My DW once mentioned the same thing and I felt like kicking her out of my house. But I know it's due to frustration and had to let her know that in everything, I'm by her side & with her. So please dont be too hard on yourself
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tem01(f): 12:40pm On Jun 04, 2011
@abiop and tunnytox thanks God bless you. Whenever i see my period i always feel i've let my husband down. Immediately after my ovulation he'll not allow me to do anything again. He'll do all the house work for me just to ensure i dont stress myself. I always feel ashamed to tell him that my period has come. Another problem is my mum. How i wish she can just be understanding. Whenever she brings any native medicine for me to take in her presence and i refuse or tell her i'll take it later. She will start calling me ogbanje that i dont want to get pregnant that maybe i told them in our meeting that i'm not going to have any child. Sometime i just feel like running away to where she can not see or hear from me untill i'm pregnant. Once i see her call my heart will just cut because i know it's about the issue of my been pregnant. She knows my cycle and she'll always be counting for me. She will not always forget to count my friends and others that got married after me and now have children. I'm just tired, how i wish  a miracle will happen so that my mind can be at rest.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tunnytox(m): 12:57pm On Jun 04, 2011
Tem01:

@abiop and tunnytox thanks God bless you. Whenever i see my period i always feel i've let my husband down. Immediately after my ovulation he'll not allow me to do anything again. He'll do all the house work for me just to ensure i dont stress myself. I always feel ashamed to tell him that my period has come. Another problem is my mum. How i wish she can just be understanding. Whenever she brings any native medicine for me to take in her presence and i refuse or tell her i'll take it later. She will start calling me ogbanje that i dont want to get pregnant that maybe i told them in our meeting that i'm not going to have any child. Sometime i just feel like running away to where she can not see or hear from me untill i'm pregnant. Once i see her call my heart will just cut because i know it's about the issue of my been pregnant. She knows my cycle and she'll always be counting for me. She will not always forget to count my friends and others that got married after me and now have children. I'm just tired, how i wish  a miracle will happen so that my mind can be at rest.

The bold part says it all, honestly sweetheart you need to talk to your mum and if possible ensure some elderly people in your family talk to her as well because at the moment she is putting you under some tremendous pressure that I believe may be altering your hormones and many other body factors negatively. Most times getting pregnant could be make difficult by anxiety, worry and anxiety is usually very difficult to overcome but with the help of your husband, inlaws, your family, friends and yourself you will be able to overcome.

Our Nigerian culture sometimes doesn't help most families attach too much importance to having a child quickly after wedding while the main purpose of marriage itself is for partnership and companionship. Children are just like icing on the cake.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by coogar: 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2011
Tem01:

life can be so horrible. it's one war to find one's partner to marry. . . .it's another war to go through the wedding rites and stuffs and another war to even make the wife pregnant. don't take it too hard on yourself. you are not alone. majority of our today's women are finding it so hard to conceive these days. maybe you should consider the ivf process if you think you cannot wait any longer.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by camrygmail: 4:24am On Jun 07, 2011
I have been out of the loop for a while now . I found out I was preg. But ended up miscarrying due to an ectopic. It was painful but God really helped me my husband was out of town and I had to be rushed to the hospital. I have to remind my sElf that God is still good and I praise him for mylife. Thank God my Mom was around.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by bukieluv(f): 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2011
@ camrygmail ---- That's sad, but thank God you are alive. that's the most important thing. God will perfect all that concerns you and give you healthy 9 month sooner than expected. You are almost there. Are you still taking the Fertilaid. Have not gotten my period, now on the second pack. i have added the tea to it. Its well in Jesus Name.

@ Gen Buhari ------- Thanks so much, I'm back on my feet.  Though, I'm yet to see my period and working on my weight. Fertilaid is a natural supplement, it wasn't prescribe by any Dr. All the test i did was OK, i did Rubella, full blood count etc. The only one I'm yet to do is HSG because it has to be done with first 10days of my cycle. One thing i know is that this is MY YEAR.

@ Temp 01------- Hmm, thank God its your mum that is giving you pressure, because i think you will be able to call her to order. i think tunnytox has said it all. Let her know the impact of her pressure on you. please, as much as you can free your mind off it , take things like Folic acid or pregnacare, eat healthy. Pray to God, hes the only one that can do it against all odds. When he says YES nobody can say No.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2011

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 08, 2011
@bukieluv
Great to see u are feeling positive again smiley

I would advise that you let your GP know about the Fertilaid supplement you are taking so that he could advise you whether it is the best option for you.

It seems that your delayed period is also delaying your HSG test, why don't you find out if there is anything that the GP would advise?

@camrygmail
Iam sorry for you loss.
We praise god you are alive and well.

@abiop
How has it been going with the broccoli treatment?

@kafng
How far?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 1:33am On Jun 08, 2011
Sorry to crash your thread peeps.

@ Bukielove, you need to get off that Fertilaid ASAP, it lengthens cycle, I doubt if you read the review in their website, a lot of women complained of longer cycles as a result of taking fertilaid. Get on Pregnacare. I know fertilaid is an American supplement which has wheat grass and many more stuff in it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by camrygmail: 2:10am On Jun 08, 2011
Thanks all for your prayers. am resting and doing well .

I should mention that I suggested fertile aid to bukkieluv. As I mentioned in a previous post, Fertile aid really helped me regulate my irregular periods and helped with my ovulation, I also realize that it may not work for everyone and as I was advised by my dr, it was fertile aid or Birth cntrl pills for 3months , I chose fertile aid because it is all natural. After saying that I pray that it works well for u bukkieluv and even more important , I pray your cylcles becomes regular.

Bukkieluv i am just wondering , did ur GP ever recommend using birth control pills to regulate your cycle?

Tem01 I think your mummy is definitely pressuring you. But I also know that you will need wisdom to deal with her in such a way that u don't disrespect her but also get your feelings accross. Be prepared for her to think u don't appreciate her concern and efforts.good luck and I hope u find strength and wisdom on how to deal with the situation.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nekai(f): 4:37am On Jun 08, 2011
Tem01:

i bought ovulation prediction kit and i got the day of my ovulation. I met wit my husband on that day and the second day after which we stopped doing it. I dont just know what to do again.

Maybe you and your husband should be aiming for the two days before you ovulate. Those little sneaky sperm can survive for up to five days up there and it seems like it would be better if they were already up there waiting for the egg when it comes out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Duereulpabe: 7:36am On Jun 08, 2011
“And thank God you did,” he said fervently. “I shouldn’t say it, but I’m just as glad the originals are gone. I don’t need to worry about someone else using this material before I do.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by i4all: 12:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
Hav bn reading these post 4 sometime now, but not bn able to post here. I pray Almighty God grant all of us our wishes.
These are my few experience have learnt from myself and friends. Maybe it could be of help to some1.
First and foremost, try as MUCH Possible to have 100% FAITH in God. I hav seen case of a close friend whose wife got pregnant, the same month the doctor told the man he wont be able to father a child unless thru IVF because his sperm count is extremely too low. So dont tremble because a doctor said dis or dat. put ur faith in God.

Also try as much to treat urself of any INFECTION, as it CONTRIBUTE alot to infertility.

If u can predict ur ovulation, try 2 babydance 2days or a day to ur ovulation day and AVOID sex till next cycles. Immediately after my marriage, a man gave me dis advice. He said he has bn TTC for 3yrs till some1 told him to babydance only b4 ovulation and avoid sex till next cycle. Lol and behold, the second month he tried it, his wife got pregnant. try 2 observe dis also.

For guys with low sperm count, try to do testicular scan to check for varicocele, as it create heat around the testis and thus killing the sperm cell. If u have Varicocele, it can be corrected though by surgical means.
Also try 2 eat alot of fruit like CARROT, CUCUMBER and GROUNDNUT, they help alot.

I will find time to post more as time goes by, but pls ALWAYS PUT GOD FIRST in all u do.
please note, am not a Doctor, am only sharing experience i observed which has help pple TTC, so if u have a counter view, pls dont insult me, i know how pple post in these forum

God Help us all achieve our DESIRES.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oduamine: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2011
hallo evryone in dhouse its quite an age here, how is evry doing?
Can smone pls xplain this to me,
Period starts on d 17th n ends 21st of this may had BD with DH on the 31st and 3rd period is suppose to be on the 14th of this mth , statd spotting light bleeding ard 3.30am this morning , pls is this implantation or early period?
N.B:av done HPT n its -ve
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by totful: 12:39am On Jun 10, 2011
Nice thread and discussion here.

@Tem01, just try and be calm, pray and trust in God. U are not alone. But I was just thinking if u ovulate (by virtue of using the ovulation prediction kit) and menstrate regularly, you may want to encourage your husband to do semen analysis. Unless he has done it and d result is good, it may just be the reason u are yet to conceive. But above all, pray and trust God.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (3055) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.