Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,403 members, 7,904,501 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:30 PM

Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? (44933 Views)

The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian / Ur Best Yoruba Actors/actresses. / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Honeypot1(m): 1:47am On Dec 16, 2006
Donzman:

@Orikinla

There are lots of Igbo comedians in Nollywood and Igbo comedians are the very best. I won't bother mentioning them, Zebrudaya, Clarus &Gringory, Jegede (R.I.P.) just to name a few. Those are classic characters right there and they're not Yoruba. Juluis Agwu, Basketmouth, Okey Bakassi,,

Well Said. What a glaring revelation. No, Orikinla thinks they are all yorubas. I wonder why Orikinla, the self-acclaimed nollywood movie-master and his side-kick, ronkebaby have not responded to this. Hope they are not running out on ideas. Orikinla is a joker, i just went through his posts once again, he keeps saying the same thing except for the few uninvited insights (only God knows if they are true) into nollywood, a ploy ronkebaby is already falling for. Little wonder the suggestive praises and admiration she has been openly lavishing on him. At least his baseless topic has enriched his love arsenal with yet another admirer

Now, before we veer off this topic again.

Orikinla and ronkebaby,
Donzman has pushed u guys to the edge of kilimanjaro. Let's see how u will survive the fatal dive unscathed
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 2:05am On Dec 16, 2006
am glad am not the only one that thinks this topic is "baseless"
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by goodguy(m): 10:53am On Dec 16, 2006
bluenubian: i saw a yoruba soap Sola sobowale was in back in the day, and she was phenomenal, but i just saw a Nollywood film she did the other day, rubbish!

She was probably acting according to the "rubbish" Nollywood script. grin

BTW, this topic seems baseless to the Igbos because it does not praise them/their talents.  If it was the other way, it would probably be the most "baseful" topic on Nairaland to them. cool
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Honeypot1(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2006
goodguy:

She was probably acting according to the "rubbish" Nollywood script. grin

BTW, this topic seems baseless to the Igbos because it does not praise them/their talents. If it was the other way, it would probably be the most "baseful" topic on Nairaland to them. cool

Yet another impetuous remark!!!!!

I'll forgive u though cos u are not Orikinla. I'm still waiting for his response (also ronkebaby's) to my previous post.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 1:51pm On Dec 16, 2006
Honey_pot:

Well Said. What a glaring revelation. No, Orikinla thinks they are all yorubas. I wonder why Orikinla, the self-acclaimed nollywood movie-master and his side-kick, ronkebaby have not responded to this. Hope they are not running out on ideas. Orikinla is a joker, i just went through his posts once again, he keeps saying the same thing except for the few uninvited insights (only God knows if they are true) into nollywood, a ploy ronkebaby is already falling for. Little wonder the suggestive praises and admiration she has been openly lavishing on him. At least his baseless topic has enriched his love arsenal with yet another admirer

Now, before we veer off this topic again.

Orikinla and ronkebaby,
Donzman has pushed u guys to the edge of kilimanjaro. Let's see how u will survive the fatal dive unscathed

i guess you are one of the unshled. try and read thru my posts, therein lie the answer to your meaningless rantings. am tired or repeating myself to some tribal warlords who see arguements just from their tribal views!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2006
Now u guys (ronke baby and goodguy) are the ones making it a tribal issues with ur remarks, where in honey pots's post did he enphazise on igbo superiority than by merely putting a light on what orikinla asked for which was "the NUMBER of igbo comedians" of which he has failed to make a reply on. U wonder why we think this topic is baseless now that we started with how good our actors are and are now on how many we have.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by goodguy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2006
We're all being tribalistic. End of story! grin
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Eurphoria(f): 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2006
true
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 2:44pm On Dec 16, 2006
Ur use of that stupid smiley, goodguy is ridiculous angry
Jus cause u call a spade a spade doesn't me u cudnt call it something else, am not being tribal,

Yoruba actors are good actors in yoruba films - true

Igbo actors are good actors in igbo films - true

Yoruba actors are "better" in Nollywood films - utter rubbish, false and shud be recanted
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 2:44pm On Dec 16, 2006
goodguy:

We're all being tribalistic. End of story! grin

well am not. i could be very blunt with issues notwistanding whose horse is gored (hope am correct). anyway, i choose to be objective first in whatever i do and like calling a spade a spade. try raise a topic about something the ibos do better than yoruba i.e commerce, and u would see me yielding ground. am not a tribalist and married someone order than my tribe becos of this. the truth does not have tribe or color!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2006
bluenubian:

Now u guys (ronke baby and goodguy) are the ones making it a tribal issues with your remarks, where in honey pots's post did he enphazise on igbo superiority than by merely putting a light on what orikinla asked for which was "the NUMBER of igbo comedians" of which he has failed to make a reply on. U wonder why we think this topic is baseless now that we started with how good our actors are and are now on how many we have.

oh sorry, but you did! i never called names. you and your warlords started the name calling first by saying there is igbophobia on the trend, bashing of ibos etc. i wonder when it became igbophobia for people to say a particular tribe has better artists in comparison to the other. you ought to have stated facts while you don't think so and not just see it as a tribal issue. by so doing, you decided to leave the main discussion and introduced tribal sentintiments instead. maybe u need to go through your own posts once again.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2006
bluenubian:

your use of that stupid smiley, goodguy is ridiculous angry
Jus cause u call a spade a spade doesn't me u cudnt call it something else, am not being tribal,

Yoruba actors are good actors in yoruba films - true

Igbo actors are good actors in igbo films - true

Yoruba actors are "better" in Nollywood films - utter rubbish, false and should be recanted

one of your topic diverting tactis. anyway,this looks more like the topic  of discuss here- Yoruba actors are "better" in Nollywood films .
you could start another thread to accommodate the other two you highlighted.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Eurphoria(f): 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2006
ronke looks like you have something more to say to blue, why not just come out with it, instead of this dance of tango you are displaying? just asking wink
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2006
Eurphoria:

ronke looks like you have something more to say to blue, why not just come out with it, instead of this dance of tango you are displaying? just asking wink

since you have become an expert in mind-reading and have read my mind, you could help me pour out my thots to her then. she would believe what the expert says more than me! thanks for that in advance.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by gbadex1(m): 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2006
Like Yung Joc once said:

"It's going down! It's guaranteed it's going down!!!" cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Eurphoria(f): 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2006
not a problem , remember the name of the country is Nigeria
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by gbadex1(m): 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2006
Like Yung Joc once said:

"It's going down! It's guaranteed it's going down!!!" cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Eurphoria(f): 3:10pm On Dec 16, 2006
gbade nothin is goin down love,  kiss
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by gbadex1(m): 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2006
Did you just call me "love"? *discards Gamine and turns his attention to Euphoria*

come here darlin', come give the G-man a big hug. . . . . . .and some luvin'!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by goodguy(m): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2006
Okay ladies, we're not all being tribalistic. kiss

bluenubian:

your use of that stupid smiley, goodguy is ridiculous angry
Wow!  Stupid smileys on Nairaland?  Seun, see to that! grin

bluenubian:

Which other name would I want to call it, knowing fully well that is the only name it bears?

bluenubian:

Yoruba actors are "better" in Nollywood films - utter rubbish, false and should be recanted
If you had taken your time to read Orikinla's post carefully, and not allowed your tribalistic sentiments to steal away your reasoning hat, you'd have seen the reason why he said Yoruba actors are better in Nollywood films.  If after proper scrutiny of the facts made available, you do not agree with him, then you present your arguments in a likewise manner by highlighting your points meticulously on why you believe he's wrong.

One problem I have with English Nollywood movies is their very easy predictable nature.  Even from the poster, one can easily tell how the film starts and ends.  Unlike the Yoruba movies, 95% of the time, they make you stay glued to your seat and TV till the end of the show.

But at the end of the day, I still watch both English Nollywood and Yoruba Nollywood movies and I enjoy them.  Actually, I enjoy Yoruba movies more. wink
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 3:59pm On Dec 16, 2006
Jus call u call me tribalistic or whatever does not mean I am, I stand by what ave said so far and no where did I make this a tribal isssue from my very first post on this thread, all I tried to do is correct the original poster. if u refering to some other person post, then leave me out of it. Yoruba actors suck at nollywood movies period. I say that because the few that they have haven't made a stance big enough to be recognised as group. I can't even mention one that I think is good.
Except maybe a few like omotola, the igbo actors are to many too count, genevieve, stephanie okereke, oge okoye, chioma achioma, mike ezuruonye, jim iyke, saint obi, nkem owoh, rita dominick, enebeli elebuwa, should I keep going, Now am mentioning actors in Nollywood, u guys are mentioning babasala and babasuwe, and sola sobowale, how many nollywood movies have they done? Spare me!
Now u see why I say this topic is baseless. U jus don't want to accept the fact that your beloved leader aka wole soyinka made a mistake in how he expressed his opinion in his original post
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by goodguy(m): 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2006
Now you're mixing the whole thing up.

Whoever said Baba Sala is a Nollywood actor? Read the contexts in which these people's names were mentioned on this thread. Don't just bring up points randomly to fit into your argument.

Besides, we all know English Nollywood is dominated by Igbo people. But the thread starter is saying that whenever a Yoruba actor or actress is opportuned to act in any of these English Nollywood movies, he/she always does it better than the Igbo counterparts e.g Sola Sobowale, Jide Kosoko, Bukky Ajayi, etc.

Reason? Refer back to Orikinla's post.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 4:30pm On Dec 16, 2006
No am not mixing up the whole thing, I wa jus repeating what ur collegues have said earlier, how can ur leader summise that yoruba actors are better when they haven't done enuff to be judged by, yes we have some crappy igbo actors but the amount of good ones makes up for it. So jus cause one yoruba actors does great in one Nollywood movie now means that yoruba actors are better. Again listen to ur self before u talk
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2006
Um this thread now sucks

and Honey Pot is wrong.

The end.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by goodguy(m): 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2006
Bluenubian, I'm beginning to get bored. My response to your last post will only be a repitition of what others and I have been saying on this thread. Have a nice time.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 9:35pm On Dec 16, 2006
U bored cause u have nothing else to say and u know am right and u wrong, and u won't admit it.

@toh
This thread sucked from the day ur leader thot to make it
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by superman(m): 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2006
bluenubian

no mind those ppl wey never vist their grand mum for village
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Orikinla(m): 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2006
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by goodguy(m): 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2006
bluenubian, it seems you enjoy arguing, right?

bluenubian:

No am not mixing up the whole thing, I wa jus repeating what your collegues have said earlier,
The fact that you were "just repeating what my 'colleagues' said", and applying it in the wrong context alone shows that you were mixing things up.

bluenubian:

how can your leader summise that yoruba actors are better when they haven't done enough to be judged by,
Who is your leader?  If you're referring to Orikinla, I'll advise you start from page 1 of this thread and read through the points he raised.  He already explained why he believes Yoruba actors are better, and no one here has been able to refute his points convincingly.  Rather, all refutations directed at his points are just plain sentiments.

bluenubian:

yes we have some crappy igbo actors but the amount of good ones makes up for it. So jus cause one yoruba actors does great in one Nollywood movie now means that yoruba actors are better.
Are you sure it's this same thread you're following?  Okay, let me repeat myself:  Due to the originality, naturalism and good theatrical background that majority of Yoruba actors/actresses possess, which most Igbo actors/actresses lack seriously, the Yoruba actors/actresses perform better in any given role, since they apply these attributes to whatever they set to do, as far as acting is concerned.  Note the keyword here: "better".  It is a comparative word, not a derogatory word, as used in this context.  No one is saying Igbo actors are crappy or whatever.  And this is not about "one Yoruba actor" doing great in "one Nollywood movie".  I can't even remember anyone mentioning anything close to that on this thread.

bluenubian:

Again listen to your self before u talk
Good advise for yourself.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Orikinla(m): 10:39pm On Dec 16, 2006
If those who are going off the beaten track know the history of Nollywood, they would be wiser.

First someone mentioned my blogs and then another one mentioned my love arsenal?
And you want me to pay attention to such ignorance?

I gave simple and rational reasons why Yoruba actors and actresses are better.
1. They are natural and not artificial.
2. They have a long tradition of acting for the love of the art.
3. They are the pioneers.
4. They are not greedy for the lucre.
5. They rehearse very well before going on set.
6. They don't hustle and bustle for roles and they respect their elders in the film industry.
7. They have the best directors (see the post on the history of Nigerian movies for the long list of Yoruba directors.)

The first Nollywood movie was a classic Yoruba movie made by an Igbo man. Ken Nnebue made "Aje Ni Iya Mi" (My mother is a witch).

Nollywood News @ montage.nigeriantimesinternational.comGlover Memorial Hall was the venue of the first film to be shown in Nigeria , the home movies industry with “Aje Ni Iya Mi” by the late Isola Ogunsola who ,
www.montage.nigeriantimesinternational.com/NNM0010.html  

Some were ranting about Igbos earning more as the proof that they are better?
What a very naive post.

Joke Silver and Olu Jacobs are world class professionals from Nigeria to the UK.
But the highest paid actors and actresses in Nollywood cannot boast of their filmography.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:42pm On Dec 16, 2006
Orikinla:

Joke Silver and Olu Jacobs are world class professionals from Nigeria to the UK.
But the highest paid actors and actresses in Nollywood cannot boast of their filmography.

Very true.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Orikinla(m): 10:48pm On Dec 16, 2006
Try and watch more Yoruba movies.

Yourba Movies

Esan nbo

Ofin igbeyawo

Oje

Abinibi

nje et gbo

okoto ife

iyawo eko

kiniun Alhaji 2

olewu oro imule

makunjuola

se kin so

feyipitan

Ayeyi

ako eshin

irawo osan

amin 1

ile aye yi pelu akosile ni

orle

alangba ori esu

jogbo bi oro 1 & 2

ohun okan mi

ktk

agbegilere

oba asekan ma ku

aworan

agbara obinrin

tani mo se

ebi tani

ogo nla

omo talaka

eko gbona 1 & 2

osan gangan

kajola

Ha nkan se

ayoporo 1 & 2

omo iya mi

ha nkan se

agbesun

mi ose kogba

ojo merinla

ojurito

kini scores

se obinrin lesu

ale yopi

tunmise

kokoro jobi jobi

sola fe pami

oro lanre pesi je 1 & 2

alabata

emi lolope

kile to posika

jen ro run wo

eniola

kajola 2

efunsetan aniwura

mawe ku

omi ewuro

oke owo

osika lami

oyekin gbesan

ayanmo mi kadara

ojasowo

adehun

aworan 1 & 2

itakun 2

okan elege

sebeeyan ni 1 & 2

agbami owo

ko le ro

eru egbe

agogo enu

ohun ti o ba gba

olorun asa

iranlowo obinrin

arambada

opin irin ajo 1 & 2

ebiti

akintunde

agbara ife

layetimowa

ogun odun

oranmiyan

pariola

adie abuja

oro ikilo

ebunlomo

isan orun

eleda mi

ire lo jasi

aiyedoro

ife inu mi

adabi 2

owo aje

afara oyin

ojiji ika

modalayo

owo olowo

alabe lahon

enikan lomo

iyanu

ajulo

se bi iwo ni

kilodun joyin

igbe o legun

mi ofo wo rola

botife

ojo ketal 2

aajo oko

ijoko ota

ofa

rugudu

nkan asiri 2

omo agbon

sora fun obinrin

oro oru

eje abiku

ina abe aso

yemiwo

oruka ti dowo na 2

owoduni

aluyo

ipadabo ekun 1 & 2

aja dudu

eri okan

omo olori ebi

olaku

akosejaiye

inu eda jin

oko ta so mo ope

ni oruko mi

igba ewe

mi o fe ku

oto lowo

ojo kan ojo

ohun ti odun

oro oka

eje tutu

igbayi lola

talashebi

osuwon eda

kori kosun

ariwo aye

psito dehinde 2

yorimisoke

abeni

ounje omo

madam dearest 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

BBNaija – "I Want To Marry Cee-C" - Ezenwa Gentle (Photo) / BBNaija: Cee-C "I Will Bleep Tobi Up On A Higher Level". OAP Toolz Reacts / Download The Complete Marvel Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.